AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 16:19   Link #3081
Terra

One thing is really bugging me about Ali taking Zwei. We know the original Gundams have extensive security measures preventing that kind of thing happening. Didn't the person/people behind the Thrones think it wise to also have that kind of protection?
Old 2008-02-25, 16:20   Link #3082
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman View Post
That is another way of saying world peace, which has already been discounted as the ultimate goal.
A world government might mean peace, if it's really benign, but world peace doesn't necessarily mean a centralized world government. In 00's Earth, many modern nations still seem to exist, and creating a single government would basically mean changing the entire political structure of the world - but Celestial Being has announced nothing about that, so it could be considered a hidden agenda.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:32   Link #3083
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
One thing is really bugging me about Ali taking Zwei. We know the original Gundams have extensive security measures preventing that kind of thing happening. Didn't the person/people behind the Thrones think it wise to also have that kind of protection?
Thrones work for Laguna Harvey, Ali works for Laguna Harvey. Hello access to the override controls.

Or they just don't have the system protections, since they're knock offs in the first place.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:37   Link #3084
Icephere
Claymore Fan

Silly question but what does MA stand for?

And who is Lasse Aion?Is he that muscular guy with a scar on his face or that white haired old man?
Icephere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:47   Link #3085
Terra

MA = Mobile Armour

It's the muscular guy who co-pilots the Ptolemy.
Old 2008-02-25, 16:49   Link #3086
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
Considering the narration of the first few episodes, I think it's just going to be the unification of mankind, creating a single united nation.
Well in episode 20 upon annoucement of the alliance CB said that the first phase of the plan was completed.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 19:41   Link #3087
brightman
Ancient Member

Wait, so Lasse Aion becomes a Darth Vader, then dies? How's that going to work in the timespan that we have? Or does becoming Darth Vader refer to something else? Hmm...

And another spoiler list had Christina dying too... If thats true, it'd be one of the only times the main ship crew members die so early (without piloting).

Geez, looks like the death count in this series will be higher than any Gundam series so far, and that's including Zeta and Victory, considering how many people are dying and its only halfway through the show.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:57   Link #3088
tarachi
Observer

G00 so far is an ARM's Race, when the 3 power bloc got their new toys, Nena gets a the Giant MA of Death and Setsuna gets the GN Arm. And so far its a small scale battle and no war.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:05   Link #3089
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Nothing about Drei Throne Gundam being destroyed. Only Eins, and Zwei. Since Nena uses the MA, so I wonder what happens to Drei? If Nadeleeh gets destroyed or Saji needs a gundam I bet they'll use it. Covering that much of an area in GN particles can be handy.

I also think it's going to be Tieria to lose his sight. He has robotic eyes after all. Most likely just need to get them repaired later.
Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:08   Link #3090
Prov
Knight of One

Hmm, well this is certainly turning out quite interesting. I like how they are wrapping up things before the end of the first season, less chance of getting a big cliffhanger like Geass T__T
Prov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:11   Link #3091
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
Nothing about Drei Throne Gundam being destroyed. Only Eins, and Zwei. Since Nena uses the MA, so I wonder what happens to Drei? If Nadeleeh gets destroyed or Saji needs a gundam I bet they'll use it. Covering that much of an area in GN particles can be handy.
Drei is said to be destroyed/heavily damaged in the list of 26, though it doesn't say how:

18.ネーナも殺されそうになるけどGNアームズを携えたエクシアに助けられる【ドライ大破】
Old 2008-02-25, 20:11   Link #3092
Terra

I'm sure they will cliffhanger it. Big fight might be finished with, but they'll still leave you hanging with what happens afterwards now that the 3 powers have GN tech and no more common enemy.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:11   Link #3093
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Drei is said to be destroyed in the list of 26:

18.ネーナも殺されそうになるけどGNアームズを携えたエクシアに助けられる【ドライ大破】
Bah... I missed that one then. Thanks for informing me.
Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:51   Link #3094
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Wait, so Lasse Aion becomes a Darth Vader, then dies? How's that going to work in the timespan that we have? Or does becoming Darth Vader refer to something else? Hmm...
I think it refers to him taking a mortal blow to his body and becoming Darth Vader like, full of cybernetics implants, if you consider how much of a beefcake he is.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:04   Link #3095
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
It could mean he will become the "masked" character of 00
________
List Of Ferrari Engines Specifications

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:30.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:12   Link #3096
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
It could mean he will become the "masked" character of 00
I hope not; that position's reserved for Graham. Should he survive this season, that is.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 22:48   Link #3097
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

And it's the return of Kill 'Em All Tomino
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:13   Link #3098
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
And it's the return of Kill 'Em All Tomino
Kill 'Em All Kuroda?

He's done a lot of killing in many of his action shows after all (Scryed, Gungrave, Trigun, etc.)
Old 2008-02-25, 23:21   Link #3099
gaheris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Please, the last thing she needs is to be bogged down by that wack-job. They could do alot more with her character, but her scenes have been some of the better ones and it's kind of refreshing she isn't a stereotype, and consistent in her character.

None of the Meisters die. That's lame.

The Thrones proved to be a blatant plot-device. That's lamer.

The Elevators are so fragile that any Gundam in the series could destroy them.

If one goes down, shouldn't they all go down?
They are in space connected to Earth by the elevators. The system might become harder to manage without one of the elevators. Those elevators are huge and so long that a big enough band would be enough to destroy it.
gaheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:22   Link #3100
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I think it refers to him taking a mortal blow to his body and becoming Darth Vader like, full of cybernetics implants, if you consider how much of a beefcake he is.
im thinking it'll be something like the jedi academy slaughter. Kill all the kiddies (crew) while the jedi (gundam pilots) were away.

might not be all since Sumeragi and feldt's story have some loose ends but the rest of the crew is expendable.
sart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers