AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 09:39   Link #1041
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
You guys are being silly. I agree with Tenchi Hou Take about shounen like Naruto or Bleach showing death, but shows like K-On are the most inoffensive things in the world and K-On aired at 2 AM. It isn't strictly death or sex that decides when things air. No one messed up. Aquarion is being aired in a timeslot for otaku, because the producers feel that it would appeal to otaku. It probably isn't worth buying an expensive timeslot to have more kids watching it in their minds, since they probably don't think it will appeal to children.
Ah k, I was probably wrong in regards to that I didn't think the cost of a more mainstream timesolt would outweigh, the acquired viewers. Now that I think about it makes sense, blu-ray and dvd's sell more to an adult audience so unless they planning on going majorly with a toy-line then it wouldn't make much sense financially.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:59   Link #1042
Akarin

. . . . . . .

6 episodes
1,040 replies
a lot of discussions about previous aquarion

We need a subforum.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:01   Link #1043
klare

so Shrade is like a super weapon that can only be used one time

the way they show Kagura-Mikono-Amata, i feel they might surprise us later by misleading us now
Old 2012-02-07, 11:05   Link #1044
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so Shrade is like a super weapon that can only be used one time
All things considered I have strong doubts Shrade is dead or out of the picture. Since he's been added to the ED animation, and we don't actually know he's dead I'm assuming the standard rules of anime apply and he'll be up and kicking in the next ep. Besides the previews look entirely too upbeat for a character death to have just happened.

Assume trolling.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:21   Link #1045
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
. .

6 episodes
1,040 replies
a lot of discussions about previous aquarion

We need a subforum.
KYAAAAAAAAAAAH--Omg I want these--OH THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
You guys are being silly. I agree with Tenchi Hou Take about shounen like Naruto or Bleach showing death, but shows like K-On are the most inoffensive things in the world and K-On aired at 2 AM. It isn't strictly death or sex that decides when things air. No one messed up. Aquarion is being aired in a timeslot for otaku, because the producers feel that it would appeal to otaku. It probably isn't worth buying an expensive timeslot to have more kids watching it in their minds, since they probably don't think it will appeal to children.
Bleach anime is heavily censored. The good guy's keep limbs they should have lost. In the first season, the hollow ate that girl in manga but he didn't do so in anime. Death's are not shown as they are in the manga It's the timeslot---Children aren't morons but at the same time, all that blood and death isn't good for them. There shouldn't be any kids up at 1 am--those shows target adults. Aquarion is a SEINEN show, not a shounen

Let the matter drop...

Did anyone notice that Kagura's hair is more like Amata's in Cayenne's visions? What if his prophecy is a bit wrong--what if Amata means death and Kagura is the one who will save Mikono from death

hehehe *shot*
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:25   Link #1046
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
KYAAAAAAAAAAAH--Omg I want these--OH THANK YOU!!!

Bleach anime is heavily censored. The good guy's keep limbs they should have lost. In the first season, the hollow ate that girl in manga but he didn't do so in anime. Death's are not shown as they are in the manga It's the timeslot---Children aren't morons but at the same time, all that blood and death isn't good for them. They shouldn't be any kids up at 1 am--those shows target adults. Aquarion is a SEINEN show, not a shounen

Let the matter drop...

Did anyone notice that Kagura's hair is more like Amata's in Cayenne's visions? What if his prophecy is a bit wrong--what if Amata means death and Kagura is the one who will save Mikono from death

hehehe *shot*
Not it isn't it's not even more graphic than "censored" Bleach anime so YOU should drop the shit. There is NOTHING seinen about this show, not a single thing. Perhaps if they showed nipples they could get anyway with it it but apart from that there's jack shit. Unless something massively changes and I mean real deep shit that you wouldn't normally see in shounen or at least writing not aimed at teenagers it will remain shounen. Which encompasses all teenagers.

There's plenty of shounen shows shown at the timeslot, as in shouen which also emcompasses teenagers. It's shown on early Sunday morning, basically late saturday night, there's plenty of teenagers and the like watching shit at that time.
Old 2012-02-07, 11:45   Link #1047
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Not it isn't it's not even more graphic than "censored" Bleach anime so YOU should drop the shit. There is NOTHING seinen about this show, not a single thing. Perhaps if they showed nipples they could get anyway with it it but apart from that there's jack shit. Unless something massively changes and I mean real deep shit that you wouldn't normally see in shounen or at least writing not aimed at teenagers it will remain shounen. Which encompasses all teenagers.
In this post we have someone who doesn't seem to know the difference between the two genres... 'ehh? Well, I'm not always positive myself, but my take:

The difference isn't how many nipple shots they can slip in, it's typically more about how easy-going the atmosphere is because working adults don't want to get off from a hard day at the office and see grim-dark atmosphere shows, they'd rather have an easy-going background with actual intelligent characters and drama, rather than gore and nipples which tends to be childish (although having said all that, some grimdark shows are aimed at adults too).

But I'm sure a Japanese reader can go to the website and let us know exactly what genre it is and close this silly debate.
Old 2012-02-07, 11:52   Link #1048
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
In this post we have someone who doesn't seem to know the difference between the two genres... 'ehh? Well, I'm not always positive myself, but my take:

The difference isn't how many nipple shots they can slip in, it's typically more about how easy-going the atmosphere is because working adults don't want to get off from a hard day at the office and see grim-dark atmosphere shows, they'd rather have an easy-going background with actual intelligent characters and drama, rather than gore and nipples which tends to be childish (although having said all that, some grimdark shows are aimed at adults too).

But I'm sure a Japanese reader can go to the website and let us know exactly what genre it is and close this silly debate.
I understand that and mentioned it several times but a nipple shot is the easiest way to turn something definately Shounen into something seinen hence my point. That this so far isn't seinen and the easiest way to do it without a massive change to the story would be a nipple shot. It's a joke, but there are several seinens that could eaily be shounen if you removed the excessive nudity.
Old 2012-02-07, 11:55   Link #1049
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:

There's plenty of shounen shows shown at the timeslot, as in shouen which also emcompasses teenagers. It's shown on early Sunday morning, basically late saturday night, there's plenty of teenagers and the like watching shit at that time.

C'mere let me talk to you for a second--do you really think this debate is something to get all froggy and hop about?

Seriously, what's got your panties in a bunch? You have to know I didn't give that wedgie so why are you blaming your sore ass on me?

What's with you and nipples or perverted shit? You can get as mad as you want. Aquarion is still a SEINEN. The argument is pointless, so why derail the thread. You can't make me debate this with you. Therefore LET IT DROP

and you missed the point numnutz. The point was, Bleach is a Shounen and it's censored because of the timeslot and the age groups--In the OS they cruelly dissected the little angel kid and it bothered me and I am an adult --AQUARION is an Seinen. DEAL WITH THIS, HATE IT, DISAGREE WHATEVER JUST END THE ARGUMENT (because there are no winners)

*LoP changes the channel...sees "Aquarion Evol" and decides to watch that instead of the YOU REALLY NEED ANGER MANAGEMENT SHOW --because Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil are out sick *

OT: I think they're misleading us into thinking that Amata is Apollon's reincarnation. In my opinion, that he's not--gets clearer with every episode.

Um so the love triangle --is KaguraXMikonoXAmata? Where does Zessica fit in this equation? It's starting to seem like she's just there for eye-candy
Old 2012-02-07, 11:57   Link #1050
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
C'mere let me talk to you for a second--do you really think this debate is something to get all froggy and hop about?

Seriously, what's got your panties in a bunch? You have to know I didn't give that wedgie so why are you blaming your sore ass on me?

What's with you and nipples or perverted shit? You can get as mad as you want. Aquarion is still a SEINEN. The argument is pointless, so why derail the thread. You can't make me debate this with you. Therefore LET IT DROP

and you missed the point numnutz. The point was, Bleach is a Shounen and it's censored because of the timeslot and the age groups--In the OS they cruelly dissected the little angel kid and it bothered me and I am an adult --AQUARION is an Seinen. DEAL WITH THIS, HATE IT, DISAGREE WHATEVER JUST END THE ARGUMENT (because there are no winners)

*LoP changes the channel...sees "Aquarion Evol" and decides to watch that instead of the YOU REALLY NEED ANGER MANAGEMENT SHOW --because Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil are out sick *

OT: I think they're misleading us into thinking that Amata is Apollon's reincarnation. In my opinion, that he's not--gets clearer with every episode.

Um so the love triangle --is KaguraXMikonoXAmata? Where does Zessica fit in this equation? It's starting to seem like she's just there for eye-candy
Neh I simply said this wasn't a particuliar mature show, (which in my opinion it isn't) you then went off on me because you obviously have some expectations on this show being more mature than it currently is due to a certain development and I retailiated. With extreme prejudice.
Old 2012-02-07, 12:01   Link #1051
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
Neh I simply said this wasn't a particuliar mature show, (which in my opinion it isn't) you then went off on me because you obviously have some expectations on this show being more mature than it currently is due to a certain development and I retailiated. With extreme prejudice.
You obviously have low expectations but how does that change the fact that's a Seinen anime--just like Macross was

"Let it drop" the concept, is foreign to you huh?...oh god LET-IT-GO!!

You don't expect much, I do. there it's settled
Old 2012-02-07, 12:06   Link #1052
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Looks to me like Zessica put herself on the path of unintentionally falling for Amata. In playing her games to make the best of being an obvious third wheel to Mikono and Amata in Episode 5, I think she genuinely found Amata "flying for her too", cute. I don't think she has any overly deep or complicated feelings for Amata right now, but if the preview is valid (previews troll), I think this might be about where she starts to see him in a different light (before he was just a way for her to have fun with Mikono, and if they are going to make her a believable part of the triangle then she needs some development with Amata and her feelings regarding him. Otherwise she'd truly just be eye-candy and a distraction). So she's the third wheel, who knew she was the third wheel, who ended up still falling for the guy.

It's a good catalyst to push Mikono to the brink/to Kagura, even if only temporarily.
Old 2012-02-07, 12:12   Link #1053
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
You obviously have low expectations but how does that change the fact that's a Seinen anime--just like Macross was

"Let it drop" the concept, is foreign to you huh?...oh god LET-IT-GO!!

You don't expect much, I do. there it's settled
It's not that I have low expectations I have different expectations, your expecting some NTR crap where the main woman runs of with the other guy leaving the lead heart broken, I'm expecting typical super robot stuff, with hot bloodeness and some love like Guerran Lagann. Considering this is a super robot anime, I don't expect to be wrong in this assumption though it may end up becoming a bit more mature like the typical mecha anime.
Old 2012-02-07, 12:24   Link #1054
Adigard

I have always assumed Zessica felt genuinely bad for giving Mikono such a hard time when she was in the Vector cockpit in ep1+2. She and Cayenne made her basically break down after all. I assumed her attempts at kindness and the handshake at the end of Ep3 (or whenever she was being pushed out of the school for failing the element tests) was just a "We started poorly, can we at least part on good terms".

Since she's now a Vector pilot and has seen combat (unlike every other girl in the main cast) Zessica potentially now sees Mikono as an equal and is trying to help her / support her, even though she dislikes her personality flaws... I'm actually assuming Zessica is just a nice all around person.

I'm not sure where we're at with the Mikono / Amata / Zessica triangle though. It's fairly obvious none of the three can fall in love this early in the show (literally world shattering results?), but it's possible she has growing feelings for Amata. We really haven't had a chance to focus on her character yet, something I hope the next episode is able to do. Part of why I assume Shrade's 'death' is a troll.
Old 2012-02-07, 12:28   Link #1055
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
It's a good catalyst to push Mikono to the brink/to Kagura, even if only temporarily.
Or it'll be the contrary, it will makes Mikono fights harder to get Amata's attention since now she's got a rival. Though from what we've got on #5 clearly Mikono wasn't like that XDD

Quote:
It's not that I have low expectations I have different expectations, your expecting some NTR crap where the main woman runs of with the other guy leaving the lead heart broken, I'm expecting typical super robot stuff, with hot bloodeness and some love like Guerran Lagann. Considering this is a super robot anime, I don't expect to be wrong in this assumption though it may end up becoming a bit more mature like the typical mecha anime.
If you asked me about 5 years ago I'd probably have the same expectation, with those awesome mecha battles and hot bloodness. And I still do. But with all slice of life and love comedy series I've watched/read, I've begin to get interested with the love relationship of the character. Heck, when I've watched Dai Guard couple of months ago (thanks to SRW Z2 Hakai Hen to introduce me to that series), I somehow start to root for Akagi and Ooyama pairing

But really, I think with the low DVD/B-R sales of typical old school super robot/mecha anime (like Shin Mazinger Z, SRW OG: The Inspector, etc) this past years, they probably won't risk it anymore and give the series more seinen-ism feel so it'll attract both super robot fans and new fans from wider segments.
Old 2012-02-07, 13:07   Link #1056
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Mikono, please.
Ask and you shall receive
Spoiler for Mikono Render/Coloring from ED Artwork:

Zessica, Amata, Mix, & Kagura coming soon
Old 2012-02-07, 13:57   Link #1057
Hyack

Kagura is good looking character. Too bad he ruins all the "good" moments in the show.
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:11   Link #1058
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack View Post
Kagura is good looking character. Too bad he ruins all the "good" moments in the show.
... What moments are those?

It's amazing how people see the same things differently. For me he makes the show and I wish Amata would stop ruining my moments with his cock-blocking because Kagura needs more airtime. I want to see him lick her some more and provide me with fetish fuel for all my wet dreams...a

Edit: Wouldn't it be cool to add a character poll to this thread?

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-07 at 14:23.
Old 2012-02-07, 14:29   Link #1059
Shikijin

Quote:
The very shows premise is about separating boys from girls for whatever reason and them combining to become "stronger" with some cock blocking about forbidden love. Clearly the fountain of maturity.
Comedic premise for love comedy scenes. What age is required to understand that?
Quote:
It's like they combined standard shounen mecha with some Shoujo and this is what they got.
There is a lot of misconceptions here. First of all, shoujo, shounen, josei and seinen are a classification for magazines! For example if the magazine got "big", "jet" or "young" in the title it's a seinen. There are also manga magazines that aren't classified under any of this types.

An original anime is NOT shounen, shoujo, seinen or whatever! Aquarion EVOL for example targets both male and female audience.

There is also a misconception about love stories being innately shoujo. There are many love comedies that target a male demographic. If anything, love stories requires more mature audiences, as it's not something you can understand as a middle schooler.

This discussion reminded me this old pic from 4chan
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:40   Link #1060
Hyack

Quote:
... What moments are those?
Episode 5, at the end when you could see there was love in the air.. until Kagura showed up and ruined it.

Quote:
I want to see him lick her some more and provide me with fetish fuel for all my wet dreams...a
Are you gay?
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction