AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 14:59   Link #121
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666
I would like to ask if there's some way (using either Shinjipierre's or Paul Tuersley's scripts) to make the imported kanji text layers to appear vertically and not horizontally. Thanks.
You can achieve this in several ways through the script itself. The first one is more of an assumption, to tell you the truth. I've shied away from most ASS typesetting. Most likely you'll want to avoid 4), but it is a way to get the text to run vertically as opposed to horizontally.

1) Adjust the left and right margin so that only one character appears on a line and use a wrap style that keeps the text centered.
2) Use the new line code (\n, \N) associated to ASS scripting after every character.
3) Use a font that is naturally vertically.
4) Use ASS commands (\org, \fr[xyz]) to rotate every line 90/-90 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon_
I have knowlagde of video editing and typesetting but not advanced typesetting and AfterFX. Anyway I have learned to use Aeigisub today and i like it very much. But I have one simple question and that is if I must add the effects to the fonts in Aeigisub or can I use the basic typesetting function if I'm going to import the ssa file to AfterFX late on and frpm there apply all the effects like font color etc?
I just watched half of the video from shinjipierre's website, and the script is imported as text. So any text effects and modifications (font, colour, size, etc.) that you can use normally in AFX on text layers can be applied to the karaoke after importing.

Last edited by Devastator; 2006-10-03 at 15:19.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 18:22   Link #122
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator
You can achieve this in several ways through the script itself. The first one is more of an assumption, to tell you the truth. I've shied away from most ASS typesetting. Most likely you'll want to avoid 4), but it is a way to get the text to run vertically as opposed to horizontally.

1) Adjust the left and right margin so that only one character appears on a line and use a wrap style that keeps the text centered.
2) Use the new line code (\n, \N) associated to ASS scripting after every character.
3) Use a font that is naturally vertically.
4) Use ASS commands (\org, \fr[xyz]) to rotate every line 90/-90 degrees.
The (by far) simplest way is a subset of #3. Most kanji fonts also install a pseudo-version of themselves that is prefixed with an @ - use that version instead of the normal one, and set the rotation in the style to -90 degrees, and you have a vertical kanji line. A hint is to set the alignment to 1, or it'll get pretty tricky to position correctly.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 14:58   Link #123
G.U.N.D.A.M

Q: how can i change the color from a keyframe to another keyframe (plz no scripts) >>> dunno how to deal with scripts yet XD

-EDITED-

NVM i got it
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:58   Link #124
G.U.N.D.A.M

k i know my Qs r stupid but u gotta help me on this one XD
how can i encode using XVID encoder i tried till my head got exploded, i know how to encode using XVID but in the after effects i dunno how.
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:15   Link #125
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

You don't, you encode to lossless and open it up in something like Vdub and encode it to xvid.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:25   Link #126
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Okay, here's a question:

I want to use afx to touch up a moving sign (specifically, a moving scaling cellphone) and overwrite the japanese text with english text.

I understand how to use the motion tracking and apply it to the text, however I can't seem to apply the motion tracking to "paint" effects that are created when I use the clone brush (as they are technically part of the underlying video which will be disabled on final render anyway).

Is there a way to use motion tracking on paint objects en masse in afx? Or do I have to do that kind of work in photoshop first, and import it as a second layer?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:58   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Is there a way to use motion tracking on paint objects en masse in afx? Or do I have to do that kind of work in photoshop first, and import it as a second layer?
Well, this is off the top of my head so maybe I'm just imagining things here, but what about pre-composing? If you take all the paint objects and put them in their own composition, I think you should be able to apply the motion tracker to it. I don't know if that's the Best Way, but I think it should work.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 14:53   Link #128
Alizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Okay, here's a question:

I want to use afx to touch up a moving sign (specifically, a moving scaling cellphone) and overwrite the japanese text with english text.

I understand how to use the motion tracking and apply it to the text, however I can't seem to apply the motion tracking to "paint" effects that are created when I use the clone brush (as they are technically part of the underlying video which will be disabled on final render anyway).

You might be able to pre-compose like relentlessflame said. If I have lots of objects at interesting angles that all most along the same axis (i.e. a pan), I like to do that in photoshop and then do a single motion track in AFX personally (I just find wrangling text easier in photoshop than afx)
Alizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 16:23   Link #129
Devastator

I prefer relentlessflame's method personally and am using it for the typesets in one particular project. I suppose I'm quite the opposite of Alizar though, I prefer to do as much of the work as I can in AFX.

I find it more time-efficient as well since I already have the video open in AFX and any changes that are made to the text / composition can be seen immediately rather than needing to reload the PSD object each time it's changed.
Old 2006-10-22, 16:54   Link #130
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
I prefer relentlessflame's method personally and am using it for the typesets in one particular project. I suppose I'm quite the opposite of Alizar though, I prefer to do as much of the work as I can in AFX.
Well, if it puts it into perspective, there are times when I've done text sequences in Photoshop too (since that's more my "background", I guess), and I've also used text from Illustrator a few times. As you alluded to, though, it's all about finding what works best for you on any given scene - which also depends a lot on what you're used to, I'm sure.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 03:07   Link #131
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Came up with a new question. I have an anamorphic DVD I want to encode and use AFX for typesetting. I have made an avi workraw (the final version will be x264) at a resolution of 720x464 and when I open it with MPC it gets the proper resolution of 858x464 anamorphic. As I noticed, AFX recognizes this as 720x464 and the image gets little squeezed. Is there some way to work this?
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 06:54   Link #132
Devastator

I'm not entirely sure about this subject since I haven't really played around with anamorphic videos, but I'm thinking perhaps use a composition that's 858x464 and stretch the horizontal of the video to fit the composition. That way you can see how the typesetting will be when you watch the video. When you're finished, make a new composition that's 720x464, place the work composition into it and resize the horizontal of the work composition (as an object in the new composition) back down to 720. That way when you trim it in or use the overlay method, it'll be the same resolution as the video.
Old 2006-10-26, 07:13   Link #133
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

That worked like a charm but I don't know if it will allow me to render it that way, given YV12 must be in 4 multiplier dimensions if I'm correct.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 09:04   Link #134
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
That worked like a charm but I don't know if it will allow me to render it that way, given YV12 must be in 4 multiplier dimensions if I'm correct.
YV12 has one chroma sample for each square of 2x2 luma samples. Hence, an YV12 image should always have a mod-2 width and height. If anamorphic scaling leads you to non-mod-2 resolutions (such as the common 16:9 variant 853x480), you can just round up or down one pixel. It's not like anyone would ever notice the difference...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 21:23   Link #135
adrianmak

How to use AFX to create karaoke effects ?

I have been used ssa/ass to create anime OP/ED karaoke effects for years.

Now I want to switch to AFX to create more advanced text effect for karaoke.

If I have a ssa file with karaoke timecode e.g. {\k20}This{\k100}is{\k250}a{\k310}demo

how to I let AFX to use with the ssa file ?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-11-01 at 23:09. Reason: Threads merged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 21:48   Link #136
Devastator

In one of the groups that I used to work with, their method was to encode a video with the SSA/ASS karaoke embedded onto it and send that to the AFX user to load up the video and work with that.

Otherwise, you can do what I prefer now, which is to use shinjipierre's script to load the SSA script into a new composition with flags indicating the time codes. His script can be found easily through a multitude of ways (ie. Google, or look up his profile and follow the website link).

You'll find a lot of good information in this thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29838
Old 2006-11-02, 09:49   Link #137
adrianmak

Is it possible to make these effect thru SSA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBt4RznIm8
Old 2006-11-02, 11:44   Link #138
Devastator

The text part is likely possible (a lot of groups switched to ASS before my time, so I don't really know the differences between SSA and ASS in terms of functionality), but if I was the one put in charge of doing something like that, I'd just use AFX and Photoshop (much quicker to replicate in my opinion).
Old 2006-11-02, 17:49   Link #139
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
The text part is likely possible (a lot of groups switched to ASS before my time, so I don't really know the differences between SSA and ASS in terms of functionality), but if I was the one put in charge of doing something like that, I'd just use AFX and Photoshop (much quicker to replicate in my opinion).
photoshop ?? PS is a static image editing software, how does it apply on this animation effect ?

I know how use AFX to do the text motion animation but how about the lighting effect ?

Last edited by adrianmak; 2006-11-02 at 18:04.
Old 2006-11-02, 19:59   Link #140
Devastator

Photoshop to get the basic shape (sort of an ovalish object from what I can see) with lens flare at the center, perhaps throw in some Gaussian blur before the lens flare. Use AFX to change the X-scale (and/or Y), position and opacity over time. If some of the shapes appear to be different, then just swap out the original with a different PSD by changing the opacity.

I'd place the ovalish object on its own composition so it can be quickly repeated (the animation of the 'flash' would only need to be done once this way). Then use the start and end position of the text for the composition and translate it into position so that it aligns with the text.