AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-07, 06:34   Link #741
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Sounds interesting. I'm hoping that Primula gets a boyfriend. (Ruri-type, smart and appears to be young for her actual age, is always the underdog. I always cheer Ruri on ever since Martian Successor Nadesico.) It's like the loli component overwhelms them and they never can develop properly like other females in their social group.
Old 2006-09-07, 09:21   Link #742
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
It's one big season of recaps, with some new materials sparkled around to entice the audience? That doesn't sound much fun at all...
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:34   Link #743
NeoSam

A second Kino no Tabo (キノの旅) movie has been announced

Its based on a light novel thats published under the male oriented light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
There are 9 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Drama, Adventure

And From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Kino's Journey Animated Film Sequel
Japanese novelist Keiichi Shigusawa's "Kino No Tabi" (Kino's Journey) novel series, first released in Japan in 200 will be adapted to a new animated feature film. This will mark the 3rd animation adaptation and 2nd movie adaptation. The specific story to be told in the new work is "Kino No Tabi: Nanika Wosurutameni". The novel series is published by Dengeki Bunko in Japan and follows the unique travels of a young adventurer named Kino as well as Kino's traveling companion, a talking motorcycle named Hermes. Together, they visit many different places throughout their adventures and meet many different people. They spend three days at each location they visit before heading out to their next destination. Everyone they encounter during their journey is somewhat compassionate and very admirable.
Dengeki Bunko: is a light novel label thats published by MediaWorks, anything published under this label is aimed at male audience.
Old 2006-09-07, 11:34   Link #744
NeoSam

And another anime got announced >.<

A second Angelique tv series has been announced, and it will be called:

==========

恋する天使アンジェリーク ~かがやきの明日~
Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique ~Kagayaki no Ashita~

Broadcast: January 2007

Based on a dating simulation game for girls.

Read about it in domino's post.

Genre: Shoujo, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance

==========
Old 2006-09-08, 03:44   Link #745
NeoSam

Binbou Shimai Monogatari might be getting a sequel

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Binbou Shimai Monogatari Sequel Coming
According to a September 9 entry in Episode Director Keiichi Sugiyama's blog, the Binbou Shimai Monogatari TV series may get a sequel animation. The news comes as the 9th episode (of 10) airs on TV Asahi in Japan.
Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Sunday GX.
For now there are 3 volumes released of the manga.

Covers of volumes can be seen here in the thread for the current Binbou Shimai Monogatari anime.

Genre: Seinen, Drama, Slice of Life
Old 2006-09-08, 18:27   Link #746
NeoSam

* SHUFFLE! MEMORIES is starting in January 2007.

* TV Tokyo has opened a site for Yamato Nadeshiko Shich Henge anime (manga known in english as The Wallflower)

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/yamanade/

* A site for Souten no Ken anime has opened:

http://www.comicbunch.com/sp/souten-tv/
Old 2006-09-10, 01:23   Link #747
NeoSam

Yay Yay Yay its true Kimi ga Nozomu Eien "Haruka Route" is getting an anime

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Haruka Route Anime Confirmed
Age Soft has reposted an image mentioning Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Haruka Route will be adapted to animation. ANS first reported the possibility on August 28th. At that time the same image linked above mysteriously appeared on Age Tech's website between 16:00 and 19:00 on August 28th but was later pulled.
And also:

Quote:
Amazing Nuts! From Avex And Studio 4 Degrees C
Major Japanese record label Avex Trax and anime studio 4 Degrees C are coming together on a new OVA music video project called Amazing Nuts!. J-Pop Singer Koda Kumi will participate. Volume 1 will be released in Japan on December 20th. Each volumes consists of 4 short animation of about ten minutes in length each, different Avex recording artists will provide the music for each.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-09-10 at 10:20.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 05:57   Link #748
NeoSam

A site for Katekyo Hitman REBORN! anime has opened:

http://www.j-reborn.com/
Old 2006-09-14, 10:05   Link #749
NeoSam

Been pretty busy lately, but thanks to Anime News Service, I can keep up with the anime news

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Kodai Ohja Kyoryu King Anime Announced
On Wednesday Sega unveiled it's upcoming Kodai Ohja Kyoryu King (Ancient Ruler Dinosaur King) TV animation will telecast from next spring. The series will be based on their new kids card game which had 45 million cards in circulation as of August 2006. Players use a "Dinosaur Card" combined with a "Technique Card" in play against friends. Each retails for 100 Yen. Familiar dinosaurs such as Tyranosaurus and triceratopses appear in the game. Sega hopes to use the anime to maximize exposure of the brand. The official website is kyoryu-king.com.
Quote:
New Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Movie
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary since the start of the original manga, a press conference has been held for the "Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Phantom Blood Project". Bandai Namco revealed on Wednesday for the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood PS2 (due on October 26th) it was announced the work will become a new 90 minute animated film from Studio A.P.P.P. Theatrical release is set for a tim period between February-March of 2007. Past manga sales have exceeded 70 million copies.
Quote:
New Anne Of Green Gables Anime
Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne Of Green Gables novel series will become the basis of a new NHK anime. The formal title is still undecided.
Quote:
Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina TV?
There's a chance the Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina OVA series could become a TV series instead with a broadcast start in 2007.
Old 2006-09-15, 18:03   Link #750
Sakuya
*Artist

The Ghost Hunt official web is finally working. It looks much more impressive than I expected it would be. And the main girl looks really different than the manga version. At least I believe that's the same girl.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/ghosthunt/
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 11:03   Link #751
NeoSam

* Sunrise has opened a site for Idol Master XENOGLOSSIA anime:

http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/idolmaster/

* NTV has opened a site for DEATH NOTE anime:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/deathnote/
Old 2006-09-16, 11:26   Link #752
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
New Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Movie
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary since the start of the original manga, a press conference has been held for the "Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Phantom Blood Project". Bandai Namco revealed on Wednesday for the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood PS2 (due on October 26th) it was announced the work will become a new 90 minute animated film from Studio A.P.P.P. Theatrical release is set for a tim period between February-March of 2007. Past manga sales have exceeded 70 million copies.
OMG.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-!!!!!!!!!!

But 90 minutes for 5 volumes of the Phantom Blood Arc? I cry. 90 minutes isn't even enough to showcase the awesomeness that is Dio Brando, much less cover the story of Jonathan and co.

I hope this movie turns out great so that Phantom Blood gets a 26 episode TV series treatment. Then we can move on to the Pillar Men arc.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 01:51   Link #753
NeoSam

Prime Minister of Japan to be Animated

From ComiPress:

Quote:
A new anime from Gonzo starring Junichiro Koizumi, the current Prime Minister of Japan (since 2001), will be aired on October 10th at 10pm. The special episode will be presented in a documentary format, including famous quotes from the Prime Minister himself.
Anime based on Prime Minister of Japan

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 2006-09-19, 03:07   Link #754
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

k, sure.

Here I am thinking that I've seen every possible type of anime. Now this. I suppose after the social satire of "Welcome to the NHK" it was inevitiable that there would be polical satire anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 03:35   Link #755
Lambda

Funny how political satire anime seems...funny. Considering that political satire was the intent of the very first pieces of mass media called "cartoons", and that satire is one of the few outlets for adult-oriented animation in the West. And yet it still does seem funny.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 04:44   Link #756
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Now I have to watch Prime Minister of Japan. Koizumi is ROXXORZ. LAWL.

Seriously, though, I have to see this. There's only very few political anime out there (if any).
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 11:05   Link #757
wao
OK.

Oi oi, that's just....

O__o;;; Even Shinzo Abe is going to appear. Okay, WTF? And they approved this? It's not April 1st, right?! This is so weird but now I just want to know...

Why? Why animation, and why the hell in the first place? Are they trying to change the image of anime or...

Well I guess they can do it since Koizumi's exiting soon, but since a lot of people are thinking Abe's next in line...

The bad thing is it also reminds me of this really, really scarring incident where I came across some screenshots of a Japanese TV variety sort of show that showed one yaoi doujin of...well, none other than 小泉純一× (Junichibatsu Koizumi) and E島勲 (Isao E-jima referring to 飯島勲 Isao Iijima, Secretary to the PM)
... with Koizumi being the "uke"...
The sad thing is, I actually saved the image so that on days when I think the world is boring, I just need to look at it and bang my head on the table.
(I don't have anything against yaoi, but FFS, not the likeness of the Prime Minister anime-fied and doing it with a totally bishie-fied Iijima... Noo...)

But of course I'm really quite sure that show will be quite different from this
Old 2006-09-20, 03:10   Link #758
NeoSam

TV Tokyo has opened a site for History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi anime:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/kenichi/
Old 2006-09-20, 04:55   Link #759
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
TV Tokyo has opened a site for History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi anime:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/kenichi/
Yea!! Thanks for News Neosam

Havn't seen any images for the anime up till now, and well.. the character designs look alright though I cant wait till a pre-view shows up =) Hopfully it will give a better view on what the anime will really be like. I'd think If the show follows the manga it should be at least very! entertaining.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 14:08   Link #760
NeoSam

Yay Yay I was hoping for this to get an anime >.< moe~ moe~ :P

Moe~ Moe~ Moe~ >.<

==========

らき☆すた
Lucky☆Star

Broadcast: Spring 2007

Based on a 4-panel manga thats serialized in the bishoujo magazine Comptiq.
For now there are 3 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Mangaka: YOSHIMIZU Kagami (美水かがみ)

Read about the manga here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_%E2%98%86_Star

The first 2 chapters of the manga have been scanlated by Eval Powar group:
http://www.manganews.net/seriesinfo.php?id=4885

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

==========

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers