AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-04, 02:14   Link #381
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Does C.A. have a title? Something impressive, like Cenobiarch or C.A. the Evangelist?
Old 2006-08-04, 02:20   Link #382
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Back on HF forums, in the Unofficial Haruhiism club:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-fancy
I nominate C.A. for HF-Haruhi-ism high templar / priest / whatever high ranking position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990
hmm that's a good idea.. C.A. being the one to contribute most of the mysteries
Though nobody calls me by any title and I don't really acknowledge myself as a 'Haruhiism high templar/priest'.

My duty is to regulate the data flow between AS and HF forums. I make sure that both forums recieve as much info about Haruhiism as I could answer and supply.

EDIT: Oh about evangelism of Haruhiism,

I don't really evangelise about Haruhiism nowadays, I've learnt that doing such is mostly futile. For only Haruhi-sama herself can get someone to become a true Haruhist and only those who she has selected.

Most people just can't really get the show and the more I spread, more of such people will appear and start bashing the show.

I now concentrate on updating Haruhists about Haruhiism, no longer an evangelist.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-08-04 at 02:57.
Old 2006-08-04, 05:02   Link #383
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Some of us has been romanising and translating lyrics in the Music Discussion thread.
Thanks for the information. Appreciate that.
Old 2006-08-04, 10:14   Link #384
Furudanuki

Quote:
Back on HF forums, in the Unofficial Haruhiism club:Though nobody calls me by any title and I don't really acknowledge myself as a 'Haruhiism high templar/priest'.
Maybe you could call yourself a "Haruhierophant" or a "Haruhispex"?
Old 2006-08-04, 12:14   Link #385
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
I said
Quote:
I would remember every single word and all the images of Haruhi's novels. I would then tell myself a chapter of the story every night before going to bed.
On HF forums there was a thread called human book:I said:Yep maybe this shall be the goal of my life, to remember the novels entirely. Maybe I should take up Korean and read the Korean version as well lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
As you've also no doubt noticed..... C.A. is completely bonkers for Haruhi .... or just plays the role well.

We're not completely serious here but we do think highly of the show..... or perhaps we're rabid cultists seeking to draw others in .... who can tell?
Yep we can't, I can't tell myself either.

Kyon said Itsuki's acting during his play(Rosencrantz and Guildenstern) doesn't look like he was acting at all, it looks like he was acting normally.

Also, like Haruhi said, Itsuki may be a girl in disguise, we do not know.

Not sure what I'm typing here, but the Haruhi subforum needs to be more active.
lol, I read that Fahrenheit 911 book too...can't remember wut I did for a choice for decision though >>*

As for the subforum being more active...hehe, I'm sure it'll change (that is if adverstising the animesuki forums goes in right directions )
Old 2006-08-04, 17:12   Link #386
Myname

Does Kyon know that Haruhi has feelings for him? He's pretty smart and with so many hints around... why doesn't he return the feelings?

Also, is there a reason why Kyon dislikes Itsuki so much (besides the fact that he's handsome) even though he's so friendly towards Kyon? Does Kyon even consider him a friend (more than the other 2 guys?)?
Old 2006-08-04, 18:17   Link #387
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... things change as everyone gets to know each other and relationships evolve? It depends on which part of the series and timeline we're discussing on how one might answer those questions.

Itsuki's Cheshire Cat smile and confidence just naturally irritates Kyon. As the series progresses (the festival episode) you'll see Kyon's attitude towards his old two buddies changes. Haruhi starts out very irritating to him ... but he's fascinated by her and just can't stop being around her though he gripes constantly.
Old 2006-08-04, 19:26   Link #388
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Does Kyon know that Haruhi has feelings for him? He's pretty smart and with so many hints around... why doesn't he return the feelings?
No, he doesn't. Even far into the novel series, he has no awareness of her feelings although he clearly sees and notices her BEHAVIOR. I've already attributed this as a cause of the choice of narrative style by the author..

It'll take some time.
Old 2006-08-04, 20:57   Link #389
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
No, he doesn't. Even far into the novel series, he has no awareness of her feelings although he clearly sees and notices her BEHAVIOR. I've already attributed this as a cause of the choice of narrative style by the author..

It'll take some time.

Actually i think he does know, he just doesn't care becasue he's too busy looking at the file of Mikuru pics on the computer.
Old 2006-08-04, 23:21   Link #390
Myname

I always thought the whole "Haruhi chose you", and the part where Haruhi considers him a "prince" to be pretty obvious but guess not.
Old 2006-08-05, 02:38   Link #391
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Man C.A. you oughta cool down a bit.
Old 2006-08-05, 03:12   Link #392
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias

It'll take some time.
Admitting that would be admitting personal responsibility for Haruhi and her supernatural escapades, something he spends a lot of time trying not to shoulder. I don't think it's so much an inability to interpret the source of her behavior correctly as a refusal to reach the conclusion that such an interpretation yields.
Old 2006-08-05, 12:54   Link #393
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nicely nuanced read, Kikaifan .... unfortunately, the cookie gods dictate I haven't been promiscuous enough with my cookies to give you one.
Old 2006-08-05, 13:06   Link #394
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
Admitting that would be admitting personal responsibility for Haruhi and her supernatural escapades, something he spends a lot of time trying not to shoulder. I don't think it's so much an inability to interpret the source of her behavior correctly as a refusal to reach the conclusion that such an interpretation yields.
Kyon has an idea of Haruhi's thoughts, but so far he doesn't want to admit Haruhi's on his mind as well, as can be seen from his thoughts.

From Vol 2 Chapter 3

Quote:
I know this is asking a lot, but please do something about Haruhi! Otherwise this female brigade commander is going to remain an enigma and have us forever trapped within her enormous gravitational field like a neutron star. It was still fine now, but think about what would happen in ten years time! What would happen if Haruhi still behaved as she did today? It would be very troublesome. Illegally occupying the club room, walking in strides with a scowl on her face, starting a ruckus for no reason, and being moody all the time. People would still tolerate her during her teens, but they wouldn't be so easy on her once she gets older. She won't be able to fit into society by then. Do Asahina-san, Nagato and Koizumi intend to still stay with her and doing the same stuff then?

Allow me to leave first then. I'm sorry, I have no intention of staying behind. Since time doesn't wait. You can't just reset a life easily, and there are no save points lying around in some back alley allowing you to save your progress.

This has nothing to do with Haruhi distorting time, creating a data explosion, or destroying and creating worlds. She and I are two different people. There's just no way I can play cat and mouse with a kid forever. Even if I wanted to, in the end I still have to go home. It may be in a few years, or a few decades away, but it will eventually come, no matter what.
Though it may sound harsh, it doesn't sound like a person who doesn't care about Haruhi. The opposite rather, if Kyon didn't care about Haruhi, he would have left already. But he chose to stay behind and gets a headache worrying for her future, though he never did realize that's what he was doing.

An analogy would be my brother, while I still think he's an imbecile, as his older brother, I'm still worried about his future, so in a way, I still care about him.
Old 2006-08-05, 19:50   Link #395
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I think that volume 2 in general is a great look at Kyon's attitudes towards Haruhi, especially when he swings from almost punching her over her total self-absorbtion and behavior towards Mikuru to defending her when talking to Taniguchi. He's definitely conflicted.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:41   Link #396
LCeh

Wow, that passage by Kyon quoted by Kinny Riddle is absolutely awesome. One of the most realistic reflections I have ever seen a character make. Unbelievable.
Old 2006-08-06, 02:35   Link #397
SnakeLegend

lol well found Kinny, that makes things more.... "Compromising" that Kyon's actually caring about Haruhi in most cases, even in worst case scenarios.
Old 2006-08-06, 03:13   Link #398
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

While Kyon always cared, trusted and lusted over Haruhi, he doesn't seem to be developing anything romantic with her any time soon.

Old 2006-08-06, 06:26   Link #399
SnakeLegend

define.... "Lusted"
Or did he? Such a mysterious person.
And whats more, he's just saying everything in his point of view and in his own words so we won't know what he's actually thinking truely. Maybe.
Old 2006-08-06, 13:45   Link #400
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
define.... "Lusted"
Or did he? Such a mysterious person.
And whats more, he's just saying everything in his point of view and in his own words so we won't know what he's actually thinking truely. Maybe.
Well, according to the Webster's New World Dictionary:

lust
n.
1. a desire to gratify senses; bodily appetite
2. a) sexual desire b) excessive sexual desire, esp. as seeking unrestrained gratification
3. N/A for my post
------------

Kyon certainly has some lust over Haruhi, he mentioned quite a few times that he would like to see Haruhi in the sexy Mikuru cosplays. Importantly he says that he will probably like what he is going to see. He imagines Haruhi in various Mikuru costumes.

Also, he told Haruhi that seeing her in a ponytail turns him on.

Since he directly told us he wants to see Haruhi in some forms to satisfy his own senses and to Haruhi that she turns him on, its safe to say that Kyon has lust for Haruhi.

Closed Thread