AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 23:03   Link #3681
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is an automatic response AI program, something like ALICE.

Nope, we don't have a thread here, since most of us are just contented with the moekkos, which are highly abundant, in this forum.

You can ask Vexx though, he probably worked on things like that during his tenure as an MIB in the 80s.
But its a *hilarious* Racter/ALICE sort of bot in that it talks to many people, takes their inputs and meshes it all with its own internal database to respond in each dialog taking place.

Racter was an experiment in the '80s that actually had a short life in truncated form as a commercial "game". It used an internal root database coupled with the user's own inputs to simulate a somewhat bizarre conversation with a possibly mentally ill person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racter

Sometimes its my assertion that the "Internet" comes on the CD disk you used to get access and everyone you "meet" are just little programs on the disk. This bit of existential humor has lost something since the AOL disks are mostly gone...

Personally, the main intercepts I had with "AI" were these:
1) automating the Shuttle using a fuzzy logic controller and scripts (early cargo shuttle research)
2) developing a prototype "adaptive feedback smart controller" for Manned Maneuvering Units (astronaut jetpacks). They were supposed to handle all the grubby details so the astronaut could focus on turning the screwdriver (or whatever) while the system executed the appropriate inertial positioning response. We ended up doing digital Kalman filtering with fuzzy logic actuation.
3) I play with neural circuit simulation on and off again... but timesink.
Old 2010-05-05, 02:34   Link #3682
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

*ish confused*

I just wanted to know if such thread existed but thanks for the infos anyway XD

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 04:12   Link #3683
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I want to get it on WMP 11 running, cause on my laptop, its only running smooth on the WMP 11. On VLC and WMPC(H), it freezes often.

Strange~
Im sure, i fixed that problem, once before but i cant remember, how.

Any chance to change an option, to get more performance in these players?

Problem: Media file has FullHD 1920x1080 and the resolution of my laptop is 1280x800.
The resolution of the file shouldn't cause any issues. The player will downscale it automatically. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Codec pack. MP4 ... I believe gets installed when QuickTime is installed.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 03:45   Link #3684
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Your are shot. The bullet hitting you is
  • hot
  • or room temperature?

Should have heat up, shouldn't it?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 06:36   Link #3685
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
  • hot
  • or room temperature?

Hot. POCOE.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 07:04   Link #3686
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
  • hot
  • or room temperature?

It's hot due to velocity and acceleration. If you are shot, you wont feel hot or cold though

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 13:27   Link #3687
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
A friend from Sweden asked me about when something would start and that she is in time zone GMT+2
Well in the midst of it all I got VERY confused:

You see I have the forums time set to +1 gmt, I myself live in the Netherlands and the +1 gmt time zone corresponds correctly with my current time..
Sweden is in the same zone as mine my friend said she was +2 GMT..
I checked online I see Netherlands and Sweden is in +1 timezone..
I check here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...e-netherlands/
and it says +2 gmt.. I check wiki and I only get more confused

Just want to clear this up.. is Sweden timezone splitted?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 14:29   Link #3688
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sweden is UTC+01.
Old 2010-05-07, 15:01   Link #3689
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
A friend from Sweden asked me about when something would start and that she is in time zone GMT+2
Well in the midst of it all I got VERY confused:

You see I have the forums time set to +1 gmt, I myself live in the Netherlands and the +1 gmt time zone corresponds correctly with my current time..
Sweden is in the same zone as mine my friend said she was +2 GMT..
I checked online I see Netherlands and Sweden is in +1 timezone..
I check here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...e-netherlands/
and it says +2 gmt.. I check wiki and I only get more confused

Just want to clear this up.. is Sweden timezone splitted?
It appears you didn't read all of the page you linked to

Quote:
What time zone is The Netherlands in?
The Netherlands is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does The Netherlands observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
Like most states in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in The Netherlands, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in The Netherlands is shifted back by 1 hour to Central European Time (CET) or (GMT+1)
Quote:
What time zone is Sweden in?
Sweden is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does Sweden observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
Like most states in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Sweden, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in Sweden is shifted back by 1 hour to Central European Time (CET) or (GMT+1)
At the moment Netherlands and Sweden are using "Summer Time", so GMT+2 is correct.

As for the confusion over what the forum time is set to then it may be because...

You have "timezone" set to "GMT+1" (as you say)
Quote:
Time Zone Offset
Select the time zone for this user in terms of GMT.
You have "Automatically detect DST settings" set to "Yes"
Quote:
Automatically detect DST settings
If this option is set to "Yes," the times for this user will automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time.
You have "Is DST currently in effect" set to "Yes" (DST, Daylight Saving Time)
Quote:
Is DST currently in effect
Set to "Yes" if Daylight Savings Time is currently in effect for this user's time zone. This setting can be left alone if the "Automatically detect DST settings" option is enabled.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 03:43   Link #3690
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Ooh so it was a summertime thing after all, thank you so much for clearing that up
Old 2010-05-08, 05:21   Link #3691
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
This is a weird question coming from me, since I suffer Autistic Asperger Syndrome/Symptoms, but what exactly would that detail on a deeper level? Besides me being socially inept and other obvious.

I've been wondering for awhile, though I think I'll just as you all. What does autistic Asperger mean, exactly? On a deeper and more psychological level?

Are we more susceptible to insanity? Are we an actual evolution or just another group of defects? I think this is a good question. Since it'll also clear some stuff up about myself.
First off, are you actually an Asperger (as in, officially diagnosed with it) or do you merely think you are because of some of the symptoms?
Old 2010-05-08, 07:36   Link #3692
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
This is a weird question coming from me, since I suffer Autistic Asperger Syndrome/Symptoms, but what exactly would that detail on a deeper level? Besides me being socially inept and other obvious.

I've been wondering for awhile, though I think I'll just as you all. What does autistic Asperger mean, exactly? On a deeper and more psychological level?

Are we more susceptible to insanity? Are we an actual evolution or just another group of defects? I think this is a good question. Since it'll also clear some stuff up about myself.
I need more details. Can you :

1. Ride a bike?
2. Climb a Jacob's Ladder?
3. Climb a 6 meter rope using only the looping method?
4. Complete a song on DDR that has at least 7 footer, and over 150bpm?
5. Play "Flight of the bumblebee" on the piano?

I know of someone with acute ASD who can perform all of the above.

ASD is classified as somebody who is physically clumsy but can easily find their way out of complex issues. USUALLY people with ASD come with high-functioning autism.

Being a skeptic to certain psychological disorders, I believe that it is through disbelief that a sufferer can overcome his limitations. I am supposed to be a dyslexic and an ADD, but I speed-read and spell, just that I am not so good at picking up verbal speech.

I laughed when the psychiatrist told me about my limitations and told him to go fly a kite.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:30   Link #3693
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
First off, are you actually an Asperger (as in, officially diagnosed with it) or do you merely think you are because of some of the symptoms?
the most important question of all yes, if you think you have it then you should see a doctor about it and ask him about it.

self diagnosis on the internet is such an easy thing because you never know the dept of symptoms.

I wouldn't say that I am very social and I get very nervous in front of crowds but that does not mean I have a disorder.

If you want to be certain that you have something stop looking around online and go see a doctor about it
Old 2010-05-08, 18:57   Link #3694
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

The I must apologize if I sounded rude in anyway, sorry dude =) or dudette
Old 2010-05-09, 01:53   Link #3695
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I am aware I'm socially stupid, now what else?

Judging from Saintess who help cleared it up, I'm also rather clumsy. Now what else? I want the entirety of it.

Either the locals are right, and I don't have autism. Or the professional is right, and I do. I'm aware it might have been a screw up, stuff like that happen. Which is why I'm asking.
ASD comes with Autism, scientifically. And like I said being a sufferer from ADHD, it is what the sufferer does that offsets these. If he/she did nothing, all of the traits will be prevalent.

What I was told about people with ADHD is that they have "short gaps" in their brains, and electric currents pass through these lower resistance gaps and thus certain areas of the brain, thus the "talk and do without thinking effect". It is not that we are lazy or inattentive, but rather we think faster and forget faster. Like any other person with learning or neuro-disorders, or even the rest of society, we are no different because every single human being have their own flaws.

As for the social issue, don't worry too much about it. It is what "normal people" perceive you as, but on the micro-social level with your friends, they think you are normal because they are used to who you are.

P.S Sometimes I envy people with ASD. They can speak so calmly and in proper sentences, though the calm part gets annoying sometimes when they are trying to make split-second decisions.

Old 2010-05-09, 08:11   Link #3696
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I'm playing this h-game I downloaded
I finished the 1st playthrough fine

then when I go to my 2nd playthrough, after some scene
there was this message popping up: "Cannot go back to this sub-scene"
screen goes black and I can't continue anymore

any answers to this problem?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 08:57   Link #3697
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Does this game has a thread here in the gaming section?

If so, you may want to check there and see if anyone has had a similar problem running the game. Maybe someone in Tech Support could help you too.

You can always try and reinstall the game, though.
Old 2010-05-09, 14:45   Link #3698
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'm playing this h-game I downloaded
I finished the 1st playthrough fine

then when I go to my 2nd playthrough, after some scene
there was this message popping up: "Cannot go back to this sub-scene"
screen goes black and I can't continue anymore

Well, what game is it? A name would help us to help you.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 15:25   Link #3699
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

As of 5 minutes just now I pieced together an End World Theory of Events (as supported by Web Bot) :

The end of the world is slated to be in 2012. Due to a certain chronological fault in multiple types of time measurement over the past millennium (Gregorian and Julian Calendars), our current state of time should be 2007. If there is no fault in the time, it should happen like this -

- According to the Elliot Wave Principle of the Grand Supercycle and the predicted 21/10/2012, the supposed collapse of civilisation, could be triggered by the devaluation of the USD, which is previously weakened by the subprime crisis. Since the crisis has now shifted to Euro, the liquidity of the forex market, a large dent in the Euro can demotivate the USD, leading to a dual-line sellout in both currencies.

- As USD is the most heavily traded currency in the world, it directly influences the entire world economy, as shown in the 2008 financial meltdown that made many people at Wall Street resort to trading ice-cream sticks for a living (pun unintended).

- This could lead to the great deflation due to the large amount of money in the market (resulting in the devaluation of goods). The market automatically adjusts with the reference to the amount of currency in the market, resulting in a hyperinflation.

- Since a currency doesn't become worthless instantly, it will take a period of shrink time like a supernova before becoming small. Probably around 5 years to 7 years since USD is a "standard" credit around the world which many things are valuated against.

- The rest you know - market panic -> consumer (practically the entire world population) panic -> civil unrest -> blah blah blah.

So in Web Bot terms, the end of the world will be caused by our own irrationality and stupidity, not the banks or financial systems or buyouts or anything.

All of the above came from market data. Any disputes other than -

1. Irrelevance of historical market data on world economy.
2. Illogical assumptions of using Fibonacci numbers as limits.
3. Lack of real qualifications to make such judgments?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-09 at 15:40.
Old 2010-05-09, 16:45   Link #3700
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As of 5 minutes...[won't repost long text]
Human's downfall will be caused by humans, no?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious