AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-24, 14:38   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality

Street Fighter X Tekken

Just got announced @ ComicCon like 15 minutes ago.

Street Fighter Cross Tekken will be done in SFIV visual style with Street Fighter 2D gameplay.
Tekken Cross Street Fighter will be done in Tekken visual style with Tekken 3D gameplay.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-12 at 10:54.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 14:42   Link #2
Rayneing
Trombe!

Damn. I was hoping it'd be Capcom VS Namco. You'd see a lot more variety that way, at least.
Old 2010-07-24, 14:54   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The # of these crossovers are starting to become absurd now =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 15:00   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I actually thought this was a joke when my friend just told me..

I wish it was a joke actually.

Edit: Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-EBx-MFNw

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-07-24 at 15:20.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:08   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
I actually thought this was a joke when my friend just told me..

I wish it was a joke actually.

Edit: Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-EBx-MFNw
Guh, and it looks like a SSF4 clone =0\. It'd been "wiser"(read: more original) to use the Tekken engine. After TasvC and MvC, the tag team aspects just don't impress me as much.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:12   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ Thought they said they were making 2 versions?

One running on the SFIV engine (one in the trailer) and the other on the Tekken 6 engine?

Ah well whatever. This announcement dissapointed me so I shouldn't even care. =T
Old 2010-07-24, 16:15   Link #7
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

eh, I'll just stick with Marvel vs Capcom as my crossover game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The # of these crossovers are starting to become absurd now =0\.
My feelings exactly.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:20   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

They are making 2 versions.

And Marvel Vs Capcom 3 isn't going to be popular in Japan, whereas Tekken is the premiere fighting game franchise in Japan period, whereas SFIV after selling 4 million copies and reviving the fighting game scene is worldwide.

Ink Trailer

Also noticed they had Ryu do his Mulekick into wall bounce, I guess Super SFIV was the testing ground for wall bouncing just for this game. Always wondered why they introduced that mechanic strictly for just two moves, Juri's EX Dive Kick and Gouken's Denjin Hadoken Ultra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Damn. I was hoping it'd be Capcom VS Namco. You'd see a lot more variety that way, at least.
I didn't want Capcom Vs Namco since it would be an absolute clusterfuck of styles when you take into account Soul Calibur and the other Namco properties, Street Fighter Vs Tekken however I'm definitely down with since it's just going to have the Tekken characters in SFIV style. Same for Tekken Vs Streetfighter which will have the SF characters in Tekken style.

Also nice throwback to Tekken Tag (my personal fav Tekken, so many $$$ spent on this game @ my Uni) since this is tag combat.
Old 2010-07-24, 16:59   Link #9
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm going to cry if Ling Xiaoyu isn't in this.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 17:07   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

Tekken roster is going to get downsized big time. 41 characters I think in T6 BR.. I can see 20-25 characters per side. Obviously Kazuya and Nina are in it...

Edit - Here's a much better look @ the gameplay

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596/bigger

Damn the room got so hype when Chun Li came in. Interesting you can go into your team ultra/super off a hard punch or kick, removing the slow start up Ultras from SFIV is a good move. Gives everyone a chance as opposed to the ones who can combo into it easily. Wave Dash passes through projectiles, wall bouncing to be much more a factor than in SSFIV, adding more wake up options on knock down, TAG mode, going to be a lot different to SSFIV even though it's using the same visual style and engine. Tekken characters are going to have some amazing high low mixups.

Please keep in mind the game is very early and many things will change, probably over a year away at the earliest since MvC3 is slated for Spring 2011.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-07-24 at 17:48.
Old 2010-07-24, 18:58   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah the final game will probably look nothing like what we saw today.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...5/sf_x_tekken/

Quote:
Regarding a release time frame, Ono said that the target is to release the game two yeas after its announcement. He expects the next timeframe for a major announcement to be next year's Captivate (a Capcom private event held every April in America). The reason for such an early announcement at Comic-Con was because Capcom wanted to do something for the fans.

Most of Ono's comments with the site concerned just the Capcom side of the tie-up. This version will likely come out first, said Ono.
Old 2010-07-24, 20:10   Link #12
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I'm hyped for this. SF X Tekken will be my main game whenever it comes out. Watching the gameplay made my month. I'll be having fun in the other fighting games of course. I read there's combo chains(No link crap) and recovery rolls(Yes) so I'm pleased regarding that. Cammy should be in as well. So having both my original mains Cammy and Kazuya in one game. Is an dream come true.

Definitely plan on going to tournaments for SF X Tekken. Thank you Capcom and Namco.
Old 2010-07-24, 20:57   Link #13
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

two years eh..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 23:08   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I'm hyped for this. SF X Tekken will be my main game whenever it comes out. Watching the gameplay made my month. I'll be having fun in the other fighting games of course. I read there's combo chains(No link crap) and recovery rolls(Yes) so I'm pleased regarding that. Cammy should be in as well. So having both my original mains Cammy and Kazuya in one game. Is an dream come true.

Definitely plan on going to tournaments for SF X Tekken. Thank you Capcom and Namco.
I'm starting to attend my local ranbats myself.. definitely going to try and focus on 2 games at a time.. for the foreseeable future probably SSFIV & BBCS, maybe KOFXIII if it's good and well received by the community. Definitely going to pick up Marvel and drop whatever.. and by the time this game comes out it should definitely be one of the two I'm playing.

Hoping to make a good team out off Ken, Cammy, Lili and Asuka, maybe Sakura if she's move like her Alpha and CvS2 incarnations instead of SFIV... also if she's in the game.
Old 2010-07-25, 01:55   Link #15
kyosak
poo

Haha that was sick! They got a bunch of Kazuya's signature moves in there.
But did they seriously change Kazuya's voice? -____- I hope that's temporary.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 02:27   Link #16
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
I'll probably buy both versions. I don't know why Capcom is doing this, but I have to say there versus genre is making me go CRAZY. MvsC3, and now this. Capcom, making me fall in-love with them all over again. Gotta get a Wii to see about this current Tusumoko or w.e, played it at my friends house and got to say loved that too! I am a fighting game fanatic tho, so I may be biased, lol.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:11   Link #17
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I'm surprised with some of the negative reaction about crossovers. The crossover fighting games that capcom dishes out are always superb. These games are always about the roster, and it's wonderful that they get to finally fight the Tekken guys head on.

I hope they would change the art style, it doesn't look back but it looks too much like SF4. I know they're using the same engine, but I would like it to differentiate itself a bit more...a lot more. Let's hope Ken makes it into this versus...

I think in a way this is also to please fans that were craving for a fighting game cross over ever since we got that Namco X Capcom RPG years ago.

Edit: Also although I enjoy 2D fighting games more, I'm more intrigued about the Tekken engine version of this game. They might finally be able to do justice to the street fighter characters on a 3D plane.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:21   Link #18
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well we're on Capcom's side engine I guess SF will have an advantage. I really wanna see if Namco can pull off something from the Tekken6 engine. Imagine Ryu with more ground 10hit combo's.

Anyways I know fans and gamers alike will expect Ryu/Evil Ryu, Jin/Devil/Jin, Ken/Paul, Zangief/Kuma, Nina/Chunli - Given on the trailer, Sakura/Asuka...etc.

EDIT:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-07-25 at 04:50.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 05:08   Link #19
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ok, seeing Rockman chase a ghost, and then chased by Pac-man made me chuckle.

How cute!

Next up, I'd like to see Arthur get pumped by Dig-Dug.
Old 2010-07-25, 05:14   Link #20
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'd love to see Pacman gobbling up Arthur and his gonna be in his boxer.

Tags
crossover, fighting game