Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-25, 00:41   Link #481
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
And was the mecha/Manabi Straight comment directed at me or qtip. I never said I hated Manabi Straight. And what's wrong with mecha?
Me, and he said something indepth about how he dislikes mecha but has liked all of the mecha he's seen, I wasn't really caring at the time, though, so I don't really remember.
I think it was in Kaishin-sama's epic mecha thread in which we discussed the amount of visual novel anime adaptations released in a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Fail for lack of Full Metal Panic. D:
Fail for KyoAni only animated Fumoffu! and Second Raid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
snip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
snip.
I feel so freaking loved.
Old 2008-03-25, 00:59   Link #482
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Me, and he said something indepth about how he dislikes mecha but has liked all of the mecha he's seen, I wasn't really caring at the time, though, so I don't really remember.
Right now I am currently very enjoying Code Geass, but I have absolutely no interest in starting TTGL at all. It's weird, isn't it?
Old 2008-03-25, 01:48   Link #483
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Right now I am currently very enjoying Code Geass, but I have absolutely no interest in starting TTGL at all. It's weird, isn't it?
Just a bit.
Having rewatched it over the weekend with my brother, I'll have to point out that it really is quite an epic trainwreck, though luckily, the epicness of the trainwreck does not compare with the epicness that is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
But yeah, enjoy the first 3/4ths or so of it.

I had something else, but I forgot.

EDIT: While I'm here, what is the purpose of the buddy list?
I have no idea what having you on it does for me.
Old 2008-03-25, 02:01   Link #484
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Just a bit.
Having rewatched it over the weekend with my brother, I'll have to point out that it really is quite an epic trainwreck, though luckily, the epicness of the trainwreck does not compare with the epicness that is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
But yeah, enjoy the first 3/4ths or so of it.

I had something else, but I forgot.

EDIT: While I'm here, what is the purpose of the buddy list?
I have no idea what having you on it does for me.
Meh, I knew long ago that there was a train wreck. Honestly I'm only watching it because there would be a second season, because if the second season ends well, then the first season's trainwreck...will be irrelevant?

Anyways, the purpose of the buddy list is to have a plus after the buddy's name. That's what I found out so far. You might have more luck, Manabi hater.

EDIT: I need to turn on pictures. I also need a new Avatar/Signature. Nagisa makes me sad.
Old 2008-03-25, 02:27   Link #485
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Meh, I knew long ago that there was a train wreck. Honestly I'm only watching it because there would be a second season, because if the second season ends well, then the first season's trainwreck...will be irrelevant?

Anyways, the purpose of the buddy list is to have a plus after the buddy's name. That's what I found out so far. You might have more luck, Manabi hater.

EDIT: I need to turn on pictures. I also need a new Avatar/Signature. Nagisa makes me sad.
Kind of, but the cliffhanger that you probably know about isn't the real "high point" of the trainwreck. When I saw the ending scene and the time left in the video, I knew that there was going to be a cliffhanger, but the rest of the last two (technically three) episodes was more wreck-ish, what with deus ex machina x 50, several unexplained events, flying tops of doom, Higurashi-esque faces, and mecha on rollerblades.

It's still a pretty good anime in general though.

And I noticed the plus sign, but I'm not quite sure what the significance is. I can find KholdStare on the list at the bottom more quickly? yay.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:28   Link #486
hold

hm people i just ended karekano anime, and i wanted to know the end. but doesnt show in the anime. could anyone gimmie a link to download the manga please??
Old 2008-03-28, 01:48   Link #487
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

just bumping..
Old 2008-03-28, 20:19   Link #488
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Ugh, that's extremely hard to choose. In no particular order, these would be my favorites.

1.Air TV
2.Clannad
3.Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni/Kai
4.Death Note
5.Hmm...tough one...lets see...I'm going to go with Ouran Highschool Host Club
Old 2008-03-28, 21:09   Link #489
Daiki

Top 5 ( in no order)
1. Kanon
2. Clannad
3. Suzumiya Haruhi
4. Death Note
5. Full metal panic (all 3)
Old 2008-03-29, 09:43   Link #490
skyablaze

Kinda hard to pick since I'm always changing my mind but as of today in no particular order

Elfen Lied
Monster
Ergo Proxy
Honey & Clover
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Last edited by skyablaze; 2008-03-29 at 09:59.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:11   Link #491
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

haruhi suzumiya
Lucky Star
Seto no Hanayome
Ah! My Goddess
School Rumble
Old 2008-03-29, 20:23   Link #492
eches

Very hard to come up with a definitive list - theres so many Ive enjoyed and I'm sure that like many here, I'm influenced by what Ive seen most recently (e.g BB is my current fav).

1) Bamboo Blade. I know it hasn't finished yet but it is just so humorous and touching that it's really scored a big hit for me.
2) Seirei no moribito. Brilliant story and animation, loved it.
3) Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi . An absolute riot.
4) Elfin Lied. I need to watch this one again to remember why I liked it so much...nuff said.
5) Futakoi Alternative. Kept me laughing and crying, sometimes at the same time.

Near misses, which are probably only misses because it was a while since I watched them : Noein, melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, noir, death note, claymore, scrapped princess.

Last edited by eches; 2008-03-29 at 20:35.
Old 2008-03-30, 16:54   Link #493
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Gah, always hated top 5's. There are so many excellent animes out there, it's just too hard to have to choose only 5 of them >_<.
But anyway, here's mine;

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni; Just... Wow. I love this anime so much that I have all of its mangas saved on my computer, I have all the games, I plan on buying a PS2 just to play Higurashi no Naku Koro ni -Kakera Musubi-, I plan on buying the Umineko games, and I've read every single thread in the Higurashi section of Animesuki (which means that I "kinda" know what I'm talking about when it comes to Higurashi).
2. Code Geass; At first I thought it was kinda ridicule, but I have to admit, no series have ever interested me that much (well, actually, Higurashi did too). I was glued to my chair as I watched every single episode.
3. Kanon 2006; Probably the series with the most dramatic moments.
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; No one will ever be able to explain how epic this series is. If you don't know what GAR means, well, you've got only one option; watch this. Nao.
5. ef - a tale of memories; I cried buckets at the end of this series. Next stop; playing the game itself. *angry at the fact that the game's translation has been given up*

Honorable mentions go to Clannad and Death Note, but...
- The second part of Death Note sucked (yes, it did)
- Regarding Clannad, it was pretty obvious that KyoAni tried to squeeze in everything, but failed to. Plus, starting the series with the game's two weakest routes wasn't a really good idea...

Last edited by Featherine B.; 2008-03-30 at 17:12.
Closed Thread