AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 17:32   Link #301
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Or 1:30 PM EST, Sunday, in the US. Although saying that, it seems a bit odd, since wouldn't 1:30 PM EST be 1:30 AM in Tokyo time?
The first Japanese broadcast of the week is at 2am Sunday nights on TV Tokyo. Info from the Japanese anime TV listings site Shoboi Calendar.

You may know this already, but if you check out my season schedule, you can see that most anime are on after midnight in Japan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 17:35   Link #302
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I bet in the arcade game they just have Koromo totally and unfairly hacked up. Some of the arcade games I played would blatantly cheat and have the computer opponent declare Tsumo like 2-4 turns in almost every time.
That Catching the Moon under the River, killed me. Totally. I guess she is the one in extreme mode, I'll rather just go easy modo with Ryou.
(つд⊂)
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 19:12   Link #303
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
To be fair, the mahjong tiles are all outsourced to a 3rd part CG company for this show. Some place called Sanzigen. But Gonzo still should have caught the error.
So for the ... again ... crappy 3d we can blame again the managers, who plunged GONZO into dept
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 20:21   Link #304
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
So for the ... again ... crappy 3d we can blame again the managers, who plunged GONZO into dept
Crappy 3D?

Quote:
That Catching the Moon under the River, killed me. Totally. I guess she is the one in extreme mode, I'll rather just go easy modo with Ryou.
(つд⊂)
Never in my life I have seen that winning hand in an actual game (even on PC game).
Old 2009-04-08, 20:48   Link #305
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i guess its a fair assumption.

btw, where do i buy a computerized mahjong table?
Those things are expensive! I prefer to shuffle my tiles myself, thank you very much.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 23:29   Link #306
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
To be fair, the mahjong tiles are all outsourced to a 3rd party CG company for this show. Some place called Sanzigen. But Gonzo still should have caught the error.
And to bend over backwards to be fair, apparently the same error (too many tiles in front of Saki) was in the manga (the mangaka apologized), so they might have done it intentionally, as a kind of Easter egg.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:28   Link #307
FateAnomaly

I think it is probably that the ones who did it didn't know the rules and simply copied the scene from the manga.

(Or Saki cheats :P)
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 03:34   Link #308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay, non-mahjong player review and one who's never seen a frame of the manga ..... this was overall quite a *pretty* show. Nice introduction of characters... some beautiful character animation (very sexy and no one even took their clothes off or thought about sex).

You don't *have* to understand the game to see the tension and gamesmanship... but I think I'll be teaching myself the game if only to follow along better.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:28   Link #309
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Those things are expensive! I prefer to shuffle my tiles myself, thank you very much.
lol thats how I used to do it, as I see it the money spent of the table would be better used for gambling while playing

real players shuffle it themselves!

altho I will say the tables are pretty cool
Old 2009-04-09, 12:48   Link #310
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
didn't see this image anywhere so thought i'd share it with you guys.

Spoiler for space:
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:04   Link #311
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
About that Sanshoku discussion earlier, which exactly is it?
There's nothing wrong with the manga nor the anime about the "sanshoku".
Both the manga scanlator and the crunchyroll's translator missed Kyoutaro's line there. "Why did you abandoned your sanshoku?!" is what Kyoutaro actually said.
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:24   Link #312
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany View Post
There's nothing wrong with the manga nor the anime about the "sanshoku".
Both the manga scanlator and the crunchyroll's translator missed Kyoutaro's line there. "Why did you abandoned your sanshoku?!" is what Kyoutaro actually said.
CR's translation is now fixed, actually.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:42   Link #313
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

electronic shuffling is a bit farfetched for me. i meant the point calculator on the computer thats most likely hooked up to the table.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:28   Link #314
einhorn303

Quote:
CR's translation is now fixed, actually.
One of the good things about streaming/online distro over DVD's, the ability to fix errors without a costly recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Blassreiter is crappy 3d. Saki is relatively good 3d.
Spoiler for and:
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:59   Link #315
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Maybe they didn't notice when they cope out that scene in the manga.

They are kinda exaggerating that part, really. As you can see in the manga:

Nevertheless, she's still cute, though. She's one of the very few big boobs girl that I like .
Mmm doesn't look too bad in the manga and tbh it didn't really catch my eye in the anime except for that one profile shot at the start...ah well.

*makes mental note to check out manga after animes done*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:21   Link #316
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
electronic shuffling is a bit farfetched for me. i meant the point calculator on the computer thats most likely hooked up to the table.
The electronic shuffling is just to prevent people from cheating.

As shown in Akagi (lol) it's possible to manipulate the wall in order to get more favorable tiles in your hand and to manipulate the dora indicators, as well.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:29   Link #317
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
The electronic shuffling is just to prevent people from cheating.

As shown in Akagi (lol) it's possible to manipulate the wall in order to get more favorable tiles in your hand and to manipulate the dora indicators, as well.
ok I've never seen Akagi(I'm thinking I should check it out) but how does possiblly manipulate the order?

I've seen enough games to know that unless one has x-ray vision its pretty damn hard to set it up in ones favor

unless someones able to tell the tiles apart, kinda like counting cards cause then if ur able to do that better off counting cards then
Old 2009-04-09, 22:17   Link #318
king12354

Japanese mahjong seems much more complicated than hong kong or taiwanese. ;/

Too many special hands.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:25   Link #319
einhorn303

Quote:
Basically, when you're shuffling, you can keep within your hand several tiles of your choice and not really shuffling them about. Or during the forming of the wall, you note down what tiles are there, and grabbing them to place them in the position you want as part of the wall. That's also the small trick of feeling the tiles quickly, to tell what they are in the midst of forming the wall.

Next you have to control the throw of the die, to ensure that the tiles you formed do go to you, thus completing the manipulation.
As someone who's main tabletop gaming is in Magic: the Gathering and similar card games, that sounds vaguely like cheating.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:26   Link #320
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
As someone who's main tabletop gaming is in Magic: the Gathering and similar card games, that sounds vaguely like cheating.
Mahjong is, at its heart, a gambling game. Cheating at mahjong is as old as mahjong itself.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen