AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 12:58   Link #21
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
How the hell is Amata gonna fight Kagura when Mikono is in Aquarion along with Kagura and Zessica? Never thought he would have the guts to be able to hurt his comrade(?) and the girl he loves along with his other half who he hates with a passion.
It's the solar vector against the evol vector, both transformed so top half of one aquarion against half of the other. Mikono and Zessica/Mykage will be off somewhere else arguing with one another.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:06   Link #22
crayven

So this is why the writers keep Izumo from telling Amata the worst kept secret in the show that he's his father just so they can kill him off (together with Alicia) after revealing the secret? Because I honestly don't feel sad a lot.

And somebody please tell me the reason Alicia left Amata alone at Vega was something noble. I have a feeling that it's generic just like Izumo and his waifu.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:09   Link #23
finalfury
Incognito

Izumo and Alicia's story may be generic as hell, but i respect Izumo for not giving up till the very end and at least managed to separate the vector's that formed solar aquarion. Kagura thankfully seems to be a lot more humane than just towards Mikono but is still susceptible to Mykage's mind control. When will Amata realize that Mykage is truly the one to blame and not Kagura? Cause if Amata hates Kagura, then isn't he tecnically hating Mykage for creating him or does he hate himself? I for one would definitely like to see a mikono versus Zessica/Mykage showdown especially if Zessica is Mykage's light half since that would be very fitting and we didn't have that event happen in Genesis of Aquarion.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:13   Link #24
finalfury
Incognito

I think Amata's interaction with his parent(s) was very touching tho and helped build his character in a positive light and now he seems to be more of the type to protect his comrades, avenge his parents, and save the girl he loves. Wow, I just made him sound like a good main character.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:15   Link #25
mayumi

i don't see how mikono has any right to lecture zessica about anything. mikono has done shit most of the time. i would not want mikono being magically the reason for zessica being cured from mykage.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:22   Link #26
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i don't see how mikono has any right to lecture zessica about anything. mikono has done shit most of the time. i would not want mikono being magically the reason for zessica being cured from mykage.
True that but this will be the first time Touma's reincarnation speaks with Celiane's reincarnation. I think the show needs the interaction between them to better understand Mykage's action and hopefully Zessica makes an appearance and finally spills all the feelings she has to Mikono. I think the episode was fine tho. The parent and son interactions made the day.
Young izumo at the beach= win.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:41   Link #27
mayumi

if they wanted to show how parents and children love is supposed to be like they could have done it like minato and kushina of naruto.

like have izumo and alicia do something good for kagura who is the one who is really suffering and being used this episode. amata had it bad but not as bad as kagura. kagura is not even acknowledged as their own son.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:43   Link #28
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Hahaha Izumo in that beach outfit with those sunnies hahaha priceless!!! I actually enjoyed this episode.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:56   Link #29
queenSwild

Alicia dies as soon as she wakes up. REALLY? That's a waste of such a pretty character. . I've always wanted to see more of her.

And Kagura kills Izumo due to being under the influence...Hm. Well that's depressing. And Mykage is such a smooth criminal. He just moves in there and flips a switch and bang! Alicia is dead. And then he's like "Kagura, handle the rest of my light weight." and bang! Izumo is dead. If I didn't hate him so much for causing everything that's wrong with the show. He'd be my favorite character.

I don't really see how Izumo's death is Mikono/Kagura/Zessica's fault since the only one who knows Izumo's true identity is Mykage and maybe Zessica since Mykage is inside her. I don't think Kagura intended to murder him. Just to beat him up enough so that he can't go after Mikono. The Mugen punch that all of a sudden changed into being a deadly weapon after being useless for most of the series was Mykage influencing him. And to Mikono, Izumo is just the Altairian nemesis (the people they've been fighting the whole series) that's trying to capture her and use her as the "True Eve" . In other words, a baby making machine. So why would she stop the person who's not letting that happen? I don't think she wanted Kagura to kill him either, since she was so surprised at the sight of blood on Izumo's fist. So yeah, in other words it was Mykage being the brilliant troll he is.

This episode makes me wonder.. What was the point of having 3 vectors and gattais if the 2 other vectors can't do shit to stop the main vector? Kagura is out there having a blast attacking MIX, and killing his father while Mikono can't do anything but pop up and tell him to stop. >.> Shouldn't she.. y'know.. Use the controls to atleast attempt to stop the machine? They are there for a reason arn't they?:/ Well, this isn't the only instance, it seems like the only purpose of the other 2 people in the other vectors is to hold the controls and act like they're doing productive. And if they like you enough they'll sometimes use their powers to help...Le sigh.. :/

Speaking of Zessica, she disappeared without a trace.. Hm.. I thought they'd atleast show her attempting to fight him off.. With her body being used to kill Amata's parents and all.. But hey, maybe she'll appear next episode when Amata starts fighting...

The only thing I've learned from the preview is that Zessica can make a really sexy troll face. ;P And I just realized that the Solar Aquarion gattai split, so that's why Amata and Kagura are fighting as half.. things.. So I'm guessing that Mikono will have to chose what side she wants to join next episode.. After the blood on fist scene, I'm guessing that she'll chose Amata now that she sees that the Kagura/Mykage team has gone a bit too far.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-06-10 at 15:29.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:14   Link #30
kuromitsu

Argh, I thought we'd finally get a good super robot fight, and Kagura goes and annihilates everyone. >_<) Ah well, at least it seems next time we'll finally get a proper fight. Btw damn, Izumo's mecha is so cool. Was.

HOT-BLOODED MANLY GATTAI!!! XDDD Go Cayenne, go!!! XDDD And while we haven't seen Aquarion crawl on all fours like in Genesis, at least we've seen it run like an idiot xDDD I suppose that's something. Go Andy! and all, but opening that wormhole right in the middle of Mix's chest and flying through it was a bit... guro.

By the way, Kagura. Even if you get the girl you won't be able to enjoy her for long if your planet falls apart under you. Just sayin'.

Also, it's nice knowing that Neo-Deava is not the only place that likes vagina symbolism. At least on Altair it kind of makes sense...

Alisia! She woke up! I thought the scenes with her and Amata (and then Amata & Izumo) were touching, but then I'm pretty weak against this sort of stuff. Also the flashback - it was long due. So Izumo was really trying to do a "Luke, I'm your father!" back then. I'm sure everyone's surprised. But damn.... Izumo is so cool! And young Izumo! Aaaargh, why haven't they shown more of this before! And aww, so it was Alisia and Izumo's love that connected the twin stars, and Amata is its proof, etc. etc - nice, nice. (And as we see, Amata is his father's son all right. XDDD) And Alisia going to Altair to help her love save his planet... wooo. Sniffle. Btw the seiyuu! Kaji Yuuki being all wounded and brittle was great, but Yasumoto Hiroki!! ;___; )

And damn it, Izumo's death nearly made me cry. DAAMMIT. ;_; ) Mykage, I love you for being such a delicious main antagonist, but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. ;___; ) I think at this point Mykage could only get more obviously EVIL if he got a top hat and grew a goatee (on poor Zessica). And maybe he could invest in a big, ugly cat.

Mating mayfly. Well. I suppose this is one way to get the point across....

And so, in the end:
Amata: MOM! Look! After 22 episodes, I'm finally starting to be like a main character! ^o^) Isn't it great, mom? ............mom? ...............well I suppose I still have my dad....... DAD???! ....................
Narration: It was another day in the life of Amata Sora, the boy who was hated by the universe.

Ah well, finally he has nothing else to do but go save the girl he loves. I don't know if I should be looking forward to it, or I should be afraid after all the crap writing this show had thrown at us. Anyway, go Amata, fight Amata!

Also, the preview. Uh, does Kagura suddenly hate Mikono, or did they forget about his reverse speech? ^^;;;

Btw what happened to the animation in this ep? So many weirdly off-model shots. Were they saving up for the big finale?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-10 at 16:51. Reason: wtf I'm even writing
Old 2012-06-10, 15:31   Link #31
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They didn't even give her the time of day to show a bit of struggling. After just having a hand (along with Kagura and Mikono) in killing not only mother dearest but also papa dearest, I don't see where she's going to pull the mental fortitude to cast out our resident fabulous angel.

This was... a boring episode at best. I'm now also very confused as to why Amata was left behind, and Izumo and Alicia came off as very generic and rushed.
Hopefully the writers bring their A-game for episodes 25 & 26
Old 2012-06-10, 15:33   Link #32
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Also, the preview. Uh, does Kagura suddenly hate Mikono, or did they forget about his reverse speech? ^^;;;
Kagura since 23 episode talks normally to Mikono.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:34   Link #33
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post

The only thing I've learned from the preview is that Zessica can make a really sexy troll face. ;P
Good to know that im not the only who thinks Zessica's expressions after fusing with Mykage are badass.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:35   Link #34
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Mikono doesn't deserve to be the one who releases Zessica from Mykage's control but I'm VERY thankful that she is actually gonna do something worthwhile after the whole "im gonna try and do something" speech and also that she will not only do something during the last episode.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:38   Link #35
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Kagura since 23 episode talks normally to Mikono.
? He didn't talk normally to her last time, unless I missed something. For one, apparently he only talks in reverse to her when it comes to saying stuff like "love" (because he's always been normal about things like "I want you")... I don't remember if they had that sort of talk in the previous ep, but in ep 21 he was still like "I'm gonna kill you all night long," so...
Old 2012-06-10, 15:38   Link #36
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
if they wanted to show how parents and children love is supposed to be like they could have done it like minato and kushina of naruto.

like have izumo and alicia do something good for kagura who is the one who is really suffering and being used this episode. amata had it bad but not as bad as kagura. kagura is not even acknowledged as their own son.
Very few parents can beat Kushina and Minato in parental love but I meant that Amata had a good interaction with both of them and at least managed to get closure with them. I also feel sorry for Kagura because he has no one but Mikono and even she will leave him.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:40   Link #37
kuromitsu

Kagura still has Mykage. ^^;;; Not very comforting, but still... Mykage does seem to like him, in his weird and twisted way.

Also, Kagura has already said he didn't care about his parents, though maybe he will, after all, when Amata tells him what happened.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:41   Link #38
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
? He didn't talk normally to her last time, unless I missed something. For one, apparently he only talks in reverse to her when it comes to saying stuff like "love" (because he's always been normal about things like "I want you")... I don't remember if they had that sort of talk in the previous ep, but in ep 21 he was still like "I'm gonna kill you all night long," so...
Last time he was talking how worried he was and then she apologized to him.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:43   Link #39
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Last time he was talking how worried he was and then she apologized to him.
But he didn't say "love" or anything. He's always been speaking (mostly) normally about wanting Mikono or having missed her. (And yet again: they hadn't really thought this reverse speech through. ^^;; )
Old 2012-06-10, 15:50   Link #40
queenSwild

Mikono did do something this episode! She stopped Kagura from curbstomping MIX! And the reason why she didn't stop Kagura from killing Izumo is:

1. Izumo was trying to capture her in order to turn her into a baby maker. You could argue that her siding with Kagura was self-defense.
2. She didn't know that Izumo was Amata's father.
3. She didn't think that Kagura would kill him. She was completely surprised when the Mugen punch came back with a bloody fist. It's been useless for most the the series!

Other then saving MIX, she didn't really have the opportunity to do anything this episode. But now that she realizes that:

1. Kagura (under the Mykage influence) has gone too far.
2. Zessica is not Zessica.
3. Kagura is being controlled by Mykage/Zessica.

I'm sure that she'll do something. I'm guessing that since the Kagura-Mikono-Mykage/Zessica gattai seperated that she'll either.

a. Stay with Kagura in order to talk some sense into him and to help Zessica.
b. Join Amata and kick their asses.
c. Stay neutral, and connect Amata and Kagura/Mykage so that they'll understand each other like Silvia did in the past.

They intentionally kept it a secret in the preview by having them (Amata & Kagura) fight as half.. things. So I can't wait to find out what she's gonna do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Good to know that im not the only who thinks Zessica's expressions after fusing with Mykage are badass.
Why yes, Mykage/Zessica is my new female crush. ;P.. It was complete badass how they slipped into the main vector and flicked the switch to kill Alicia all smooth like. If I didn't like Alicia so much, that would've been my favorite moment of the episode. Gosh darn Mykage! Why you make me so conflicted!?!:/

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-06-10 at 16:20.
Closed Thread