AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-28, 23:56   Link #1301
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
That must be it. It could also be one of the reasons why H-Neun and Kriemhild are somehow suspecting him of something even before H-Neun witnessed his not-so-human abilities and Krim heard him mumbling about Valvraves, Cain is not aging. He must've looked exactly the same as his younger self from the past 10 years.
However, that puts out the question of how Amadeus, his close friend, never noticed. But then again, Amadeus is the fuehrer and probably just didn't have the time to notice. Also Cain is probably out there in the field all the time, so he can get away with it.

To think, Cain doesn't look much older than Kriemhild, and yet he's actually about twice her age. However, I'm not sure if H-neun really suspected too early. Cain seems to act the same way he did before he became a Magius as he did after. I mean, he's only been a Magius for ten years. He had to be training all his students before he became a Magius and they haven't noticed any differences. It's really only been in the last couple of months that H-neun has begun to question things, and that was really, mostly after this last battle when he saw Cain transform.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-29, 20:42   Link #1302
NeutralZero

the current Asmodeus might not be the current Asmodeus and same can be said for Cain...
their body with someone else in it...

Any case...
VV02 was in fridge before the series starts...
Marie losing her memories...
Pino munching in on them...
and Pino mentioned a reset during their conversation...
Cain inserting Plue in VV2...
is it possible that Marie was the designated pilot or test pilot of unit two with Pino as an OS the same as unit 01? Where things go downhill with Pino munching too much rune on her and they scap unit 2 for good... and also the reason as to why the other units are using a mirror engine and that she's exclusive only to unit 1
Old 2013-10-29, 21:09   Link #1303
Mephis
Banned

I would laugh if Marie pilots the Valvrave way better than Haruto then L-Elf goes: Go away Tokishima Haruto. You are useless now *TROLL FACE*

Haruto: D:..... NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~
Old 2013-10-29, 21:21   Link #1304
NeutralZero

he's not yet useless...
after all he is the one collecting runes... without him other units won't work...
Old 2013-10-29, 21:25   Link #1305
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
the current Asmodeus might not be the current Asmodeus and same can be said for Cain...
their body with someone else in it...

Any case...
VV02 was in fridge before the series starts...
Marie losing her memories...
Pino munching in on them...
and Pino mentioned a reset during their conversation...
Cain inserting Plue in VV2...
is it possible that Marie was the designated pilot or test pilot of unit two with Pino as an OS the same as unit 01? Where things go downhill with Pino munching too much rune on her and they scap unit 2 for good... and also the reason as to why the other units are using a mirror engine and that she's exclusive only to unit 1
It doesn't really matter if they are themselves or have permanently jacked the body, since we can see that Cain is not aging, it must mean that his physical body and not just his inner self, is immortal. So, everything about Cain is now Magius, even if the current owner of the body is still the original owner, or someone else. The same goes for Amadeus.

As for Marie, I don't think Marie was meant to be a pilot at all, I think Marie's relationship with Pino has to do with before Pino became VVV1's OS, and back to Pino's relationship with the Magius.
I find it interesting that Prue hates humans, particularly JIORians, and Pino has not spoken to anyone other than her brother and Marie. Haruto is Pino's pilot, and yet she never speaks to him, and she definitely doesn't call him friend like she does Marie. This makes me think that perhaps Pino, if not completely hating JIOR like her brother, is more indifferent towards them.This makes me think that perhaps Marie's relationship is pre-JIOR starting the VVV program. Also, we really don't know much about Marie, and so we don't know what her background is or even if she is JIORian. We really need more answers here about her background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
he's not yet useless...
after all he is the one collecting runes... without him other units won't work...
Actually, it's been alluded to that the other pilots will also begin to feel the hunger if Haruto doesn't provide. They are pretty much back-up systems. And since we've seen that they pretty much all have the same abilities as Haruto for the most part, they probably can collect runes through their bites as well. In fact they already are, every time they body jack someone.

So, in reality, other than the fact that he happened to be the first pilot and was the first to make a contract with L-elf, Haruto's really not that special.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-30, 01:19   Link #1306
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
I would laugh if Marie pilots the Valvrave way better than Haruto then L-Elf goes: Go away Tokishima Haruto. You are useless now *TROLL FACE*

Haruto: D:..... NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~
LOL, Marie is more likely to stomp L-Elf than agree to work under him.

No one else is going to place as much blind faith in L-Elf as Haruto. That's his greatest asset, IMO.
Old 2013-10-30, 08:07   Link #1307
Mephis
Banned

The loli will beat up L-elf?! Preposterous!
Old 2013-10-30, 08:53   Link #1308
Irenesharda

Strangely enough, none of the pilots so far, show any greater amount of strength or agility now that they're not human except for Haruto that one time with Saki. L-elf seems to handle them all just fine, even if they attack him (not counting that one time that Haruto took him by surprise in episode 1). I doubt Marie's any different.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-30, 12:25   Link #1309
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well L-Elf isn't called the One-Man army for nothing. He devastated 5000 people to earn that name. NB: 5000 soldiers. (i.e. military trained personnel)
  • He's also the most skilled person in N Jior.
  • He seems to have adequate knowledge in physics/biology/chemistry, seeing as he's doing research into Runes along with Kibukawa.
  • He's definitely the greatest strategist there, no one in that module could formulate strategies 1/2 as good as him.
  • He also seems to have adequate knowledge in hacking, seeing as he hacked the school back in season 1. He is also able to break codes. He sucessfully identified that the students are "potential" VVV pilots, I'm sure that information was safeguarded.
  • He's the most skilled in terms of warfare & tactics. He's also an excellent close range fighter. (Not counting that time Cain kicked his ass. Cain is OP personified.)
  • He also knows how to play the game of politics.

Basically, he's a combination of most of the characters' defining traits. He may not be better than them at their specialty, but he can keep up.

If he were to become a VVV pilot, he'd definitely have solidified his spot as the most OP character on N Jior's side. As a matter of fact, he's already the most OP character playing for N Jior & he is only human...XD

He's the single most interesting character in VVV & I think Sunrise has noticed that. He'll be a key character to the plot, not just with the revolution thing, but it also seems that his DNA would become royalty(the Kid 200+ from now) at some point.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-10-30 at 13:51.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:21   Link #1310
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wouldn't go so far as to call him the most interesting character. I find him pretty boring. But he is the most OP character on Neo Jior's side. Save for being a pilot and the lack of immortality. But even then his plans have problems. For instance keeping people in the dark on certain things.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:24   Link #1311
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
The loli will beat up L-elf?! Preposterous!
How bout a Valvrave? What'd you think I meant by "stomp"?

All jokes aside, I don't think L-Elf would ditch Haruto just on account of her being a better pilot. Since that's not the only value he holds for him. He might want to use her as a back up but that depends on her willingness (one of the pilot criteria-"going the extra mile for Shoko" might work) and why she lost her memories in the first place.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:30   Link #1312
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to call him the most interesting character. I find him pretty boring. But he is the most OP character on Neo Jior's side. Save for being a pilot and the lack of immortality. But even then his plans have problems. For instance keeping people in the dark on certain things.
So far Haruto is much more boring. It lacks personality and his writing is horrible.

Marie could be a good item to take care of Shoko now that is unprotected.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:39   Link #1313
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
So far Haruto is much more boring. It lacks personality and his writing is horrible.

Marie could be a good item to take care of Shoko now that is unprotected.
I'm not saying Haruto is better. In fact, he's starting to become frustrating to watch sometimes in terms of his lack of development and leadership.

I just find L-Elf boring. I'm like ok he's the brooding, mysterious foil to our hero. He's hyper-competent and and has a plan for everything. I'm hoping when Lise comes into the story again she'll give me more to give a damn about him, but at the moment I don't feel much towards him.

They need each other in terms of character. Their dynamics balance each other out. But they both need developing. Haruto more to me, because I like his character. Maybe due to somewhat of an underdog factor, but I like him. But he needs to grow.
Old 2013-10-30, 13:45   Link #1314
Fjoergyn

Quote:
I'm not saying Haruto is better. In fact, he's starting to become frustrating to watch sometimes in terms of his lack of development and leadership.

I just find L-Elf boring. I'm like ok he's the brooding, mysterious foil to our hero. He's hyper-competent and and has a plan for everything. I'm hoping when Lise comes into the story again she'll give me more to give a damn about him, but at the moment I don't feel much towards him.

They need each other in terms of character. Their dynamics balance each other out. But they both need developing. Haruto more to me, because I like his character. Maybe due to somewhat of an underdog factor, but I like him. But he needs to grow.

L-Elf is not perfect, just does things right. It was made ​​to be a killing machine, we do not know if you really feel good with that.

Haruto is a teenager who gets involved in a war, dejavu
Old 2013-10-30, 13:55   Link #1315
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

lol Yes, Haruto is like other typical mecha protagonists.

As for L-ELf he doesn't do everything right. Why put a bullet between Marie's eyes when there are alternatives to keep her quiet? But, he was raised to be that way.

Who knows, maybe he'll boot up his remorse program and apologize to Marie for shooting her
Old 2013-10-30, 15:09   Link #1316
Irenesharda

Quote:
lol Yes, Haruto is like other typical mecha protagonists.

As for L-ELf he doesn't do everything right. Why put a bullet between Marie's eyes when there are alternatives to keep her quiet? But, he was raised to be that way.

Who knows, maybe he'll boot up his remorse program and apologize to Marie for shooting her
Well, from a harsh military perspective, shooting Marie would be the most efficient thing to do. The job is done and he can manipulate the facts as he wants, if he even feels the need to.

Also, LOL, since when has L-elf ever apologized to anyone? Even when he used Haruto as a meat shield he merely started ordering him around after he healed. Even after he brutally killed Haruto, he never apologized.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-30, 15:13   Link #1317
Kurohane

He does use the immortality aspect to his advantage at times, doesn't he? He didn't even flinch when Saki got shot, nor gave any warning prior that the kids were armed.
Old 2013-10-30, 15:24   Link #1318
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, from a harsh military perspective, shooting Marie would be the most efficient thing to do.
No, it's not. The one spilling the beans was Haruto. And if this show was even remotely capable of a proper military portrayal there'd be a number of things wrong with what was done. But it's fine, because they aren't really a proper army anyway.
Old 2013-10-30, 15:30   Link #1319
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
He does use the immortality aspect to his advantage at times, doesn't he? He didn't even flinch when Saki got shot, nor gave any warning prior that the kids were armed.
That's a good example of what I meant in terms of not telling people important parts of the plan until things happen. But then again he may not have known those kids would show up.

Quote:
Well, from a harsh military perspective, shooting Marie would be the most efficient thing to do. The job is done and he can manipulate the facts as he wants, if he even feels the need to.
True he was raised that way, but like we were talking about on other threads there were other options.

Quote:
Also, LOL, since when has L-elf ever apologized to anyone? Even when he used Haruto as a meat shield he merely started ordering him around after he healed. Even after he brutally killed Haruto, he never apologized.
You never know, it could happen. But in all seriousness, at this point in terms of his development, the odds of L-Elf apologizing are the same as L-Elf using one-liners. Zero to none.
Old 2013-10-30, 15:39   Link #1320
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
No, it's not. The one spilling the beans was Haruto. And if this show was even remotely capable of a proper military portrayal there'd be a number of things wrong with what was done. But it's fine, because they aren't really a proper army anyway.
Don't know about that "harsh military perspective," but in a "keeping the secret from leaking out" PoV, shooting her was the logical course of action. The less people that know, the better.

I'd feel much more at ease if I silence a person who knows a valuable secret rather than to "trust" that person to keep the secret. Also considering the scale of the secret, could you blame him for the damage control.

Marie would've in all likelihood told Shoko & the resulting breach of trust could make everything fall apart. Not only that, but supposing she's caught & interrogated. That secret would also sell out one of their few advantages in this war. So the smaller the circle that know, the easier it is for damage control?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-10-31 at 14:25.
Closed Thread