AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-02, 00:19   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 713 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Once again, spoilers are here! As has been the case for these last few weeks, credit goes to Redon from AP for the summary:

Quote:
- Chapter 713: "Usoland".
- A marine told Fujitora the guy with Law was Caesar Clown.
- Fujitora said that Caesar Clown can be remitted if he is the subordinate of the Shichibukai.
- Dolfamingo said that Fujitora joined the Marines through worldwide conscription and be considered as powerful guy, the same as Green Bull.
- Then Fujitora told Law that he is "black" if he allied with Strawhat or "white" if Strawhat is just his subordinate.
- "We are allied!" Law answered.
"Now I revoke your title." Fujitora said and then released ability.
- Meteorite fall from the skys. Law and Dolfamingo shocked. Then they used their own ability to cut and block.
- In Dressrosa Sanji called Franky and surprised at Lucy. Violet told Sanji the factory is located in the "Toy House".
- Back to Tontatta Kingdom. Usopp claimed his name is Usoland. Then Usopp and Robin found that there was a statue of Montblanc Noland.
- Leo told them Noland is their legendary hero.
- "Now we have legendary hero Usoland."
"Please lead us to annihilate Donquixote Family." Dwarves said.
"Uh?" Usopp smiled but there was sweat and snot on his face.

End of chapter.

Now THIS is awesome. Fujitora takes action, we find out the other admiral's name (Green Bull, huh? There goes both the Nue and dragon theories, then), Law is ballsy enough to admit the alliance straight to an admiral's face, and Norland is connected to the dwarves. Furthermore, Usopp is about to get his 8000 followers after all! Can't wait for the full chapter!
Old 2013-07-02, 00:30   Link #2
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

What really interested me was the Montblanc Noland statue. Doesn't this mean Oda's making Skypeia significant again? Since 711 the mechanical toys were giving me Spacey vibes and the dwarves likewise... and now---

The man who was so important to the Sky Islands' beginning history (and subsequently, Enel and the Shandorian home on the moon) shows up again. I'm getting excited for what Oda is brewing up!!
Old 2013-07-02, 00:54   Link #3
marvelB

I also find the comment about Fujitora and the green admiral being drafted through conscription interesting, as well. So basically, they were forced to take up their position, rather than earn it by going up in rank? Or I guess this was an exception due to the changes brought about by Whitebeard's death and Aokiji's departure? Either way, this sure changes some preconceptions I had about how the marines' ranking system works.....
Old 2013-07-02, 01:01   Link #4
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Actually, it may just be Oda trying to show just how messed up the Marines under Akainu really became that Aokiji left and whatever else happened. There was nothing about conscription in OP before this, afaik.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:11   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So what is "Green Bull" in Japanese exactly? That'll probably be this new admiral's moniker for now on. I get "Midoriosuushi" when I use Google translate but I doubt that's correct.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:14   Link #6
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

^ CCC in AP speculated that it's probably not Midoriushi, which is certainly a mouthful and breaks the 3-4 syllable precedence for other admiral names. So he guesses it could be Rokuushi.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2946434
Old 2013-07-02, 01:15   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxorMG View Post
Actually, it may just be Oda trying to show just how messed up the Marines under Akainu really became that Aokiji left and whatever else happened. There was nothing about conscription in OP before this, afaik.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at when I mentioned the changes that took place after Whitebeard's death. I've no doubt that the marines under Akainu's regime have become downright Spartan.

And on another note.... I also find it interesting that Fujitora was willing to let a heinous creature like Caesar go scot-free simply because he was working for Dofla. Working under a warlord really DOES have its advantages, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So what is "Green Bull" in Japanese exactly? That'll probably be this new admiral's moniker for now on. I get "Midoriosuushi" when I use Google translate but I doubt that's correct.

Apparently one possible way to read the name is "Rokuushi". But I guess we have to wait until either the raw is out or someone Japanese-savvy like Aohige can confirm the proper spelling.
Old 2013-07-02, 03:48   Link #8
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

^ Since I can't (or at least, I don't think I can) post pictures of the manga, I link you to this post that gives the precedence:
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2946512
Old 2013-07-02, 08:12   Link #9
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So the current 3 admirals are Yellow Monkey, Green Bull and Purple Tiger?
Old 2013-07-02, 09:11   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so the marines found the new admirals through something like the draft? i would have thought a current vice admirals would be promoted... do they not have any faith in their own stock?
Old 2013-07-02, 09:53   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I also find the comment about Fujitora and the green admiral being drafted through conscription interesting, as well. So basically, they were forced to take up their position, rather than earn it by going up in rank? Or I guess this was an exception due to the changes brought about by Whitebeard's death and Aokiji's departure? Either way, this sure changes some preconceptions I had about how the marines' ranking system works.....
This also adequately explains just why such powerful individuals weren't present during the Whitebeard War.

Now I'm even more interested in just what Fujitora was doing 3 years ago .

---

The Noland statue sounds cool...I wonder how tall it is...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how Fujitora can revoke Law's title.
Weren't the Shichibukai assigned by the World Government? Being equal to the marines. How can a marine decide this, moreover by himself?
Weren't the marines the ones who decided to do away with Crocodiles titles during that one meeting way back when with Kuma, Mihawk and DoFlamingo?
Old 2013-07-02, 10:08   Link #12
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so the marines found the new admirals through something like the draft? i would have thought a current vice admirals would be promoted... do they not have any faith in their own stock?
This is a set up for a revolt within the marines....

Yes I'm going to keep hammering on this till it sticks .

Any way it seems really promising but am I the only one who's confused by Fujitora's character? I really thought he was anti scum yet he seems to be leaving Ceasar and Flamingo scot-free... It sort of goes against what we saw earlier.
And I'm really liking the dwarves here, they seem to be well thought out with a little throwback to earlier in the series.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:42   Link #13
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And we once again have a masterful throwback to an arc hundreds of chapters earlier... this is why out of what were the Big Three (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach), One Piece is the only one that I actually follow, since Oda actually knows what the heck he's doing.

Also, in relation to Skypeia, I've always felt that Punk Hazard seemed in many ways to be a much better redo of Skypeia (heck, Caesar is now one of my favorite villains along with Enel).

And as you guys have mentioned, I'm really curious as to what's become of the marines with Akainu at the top... while the idea of a revolt seems interesting, don't you think Akainu would've killed any dissenters first?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-07-02, 11:24   Link #14
Monster0

Well,it is the common and safe Manga that it has been for fifteen years. Sailor Moon was more exciting.Why can't Luffy swim yet? well it take too much imagination to think of swimming lessons?

Last edited by Monster0; 2013-07-02 at 11:44.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:45   Link #15
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Well,it is the common and safe Manga that it has been for fifteen years. Sailor Moon was more exciting.Why can't Luffy swim yet? well it take too much imagination to think of swimming lessons?
I'm not sure how to respond....

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-02 at 12:17.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:32   Link #16
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
just say, please go read the other 712 chapters of One Piece to find out why Luffy can't swim.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:37   Link #17
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how Fujitora can revoke Law's title.
Weren't the Shichibukai assigned by the World Government? Being equal to the marines. How can a marine decide this, moreover by himself?
Jinbei talked about it. Since Akainu became the fleet admiral, the Navy was given more power, including the power of the Admiral to revoke the title of a Shichibukai.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:42   Link #18
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I doubt the new admirals were drafted drafted, more like Akinau or someone high in the WG personally recruited the 2 new admirals.

Quote:
This is a set up for a revolt within the marines....

Yes I'm going to keep hammering on this till it sticks .
not a chance.

Quote:
just add to ignore list.
Old 2013-07-02, 14:12   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Jinbei talked about it. Since Akainu became the fleet admiral, the Navy was given more power, including the power of the Admiral to revoke the title of a Shichibukai.

Well, Jinbei didn't specifically mention marines having the authority to revoke a warlord's title, though. In fact, they've already had that authority BEFORE the skip. Remember, it was Tashigi who stripped Crocodile of his title after the Alabasta conflict ended. There was also Momonga threatening to revoke Hancock's title if she refused to comply with the summons to Marineford. So marines can definitely strip a warlord's status as long as they have good enough reason to.

And on another note.... preview pics are out! Credit goes to kaze1028 for these:

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like Isshou's ability is gravity-based, all right. Makes me wonder what the Green Bull's power will be, though. The name makes me think of something plant-based (maybe we'll get the tree logia I've long speculated on!?).....
Old 2013-07-02, 14:17   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, Jinbei didn't specifically mention marines having the authority to revoke a warlord's title, though. In fact, they've already had that authority BEFORE the skip. Remember, it was Tashigi who stripped Crocodile of his title after the Alabasta conflict ended. There was also Momonga threatening to revoke Hancock's title if she refused to comply with the summons to Marineford. So marines can definitely strip a warlord's status as long as they have good enough reason to.
surprise Smoker didn't revoke Dof's Warlord Status.