AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-30, 13:52   Link #18161
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
RB doesn't like being called a Harem Mistress. XD

Edit: Page Claim for RadiantBeam and her harem!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 14:07   Link #18162
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Anything for out harem-mistress!
Don't do that! I'm not a harem-mistress, I'm just RB!
Old 2009-10-30, 14:18   Link #18163
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
LOL, *snaps a salute* Aye, aye, captain!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 14:26   Link #18164
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Oh just accept it RB! You can't stop their love! You should take advantage of it and have them pamper you like a queen. Or at least have them give you all their money

By the way, I love your new sig, bro
Old 2009-10-30, 14:28   Link #18165
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Okay, guys and girls!

It's that time again!

RadiantBeam and I have completed...

Day in the Life

Chapter 28

Ginga

PS: With all apologies to Genya fans out there.

Spoiler for Ginga:

Spoiler for Notes:

And, wow, only 1 post this time! o_o A shocking rarity!

Old 2009-10-30, 14:31   Link #18166
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh just accept it RB! You can't stop their love! You should take advantage of it and have them pamper you like a queen. Or at least have them give you all their money

By the way, I love your new sig, bro
Stop giving me bad ideas, Onii-chan. Aren't you supposed to be a good influence on me?

Why thank you, I love it too. Thanks for making it.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:40   Link #18167
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Onii-chan.
You're intent on inducing death by nosebleed, aren't you!?
Old 2009-10-30, 14:53   Link #18168
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
You're intent on inducing death by nosebleed, aren't you!?
I have no idea what you're talking about, bro.
Old 2009-10-30, 15:14   Link #18169
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS Chapter 1 (AS rough draft) AlternativeS Chapter 2 (AS rough draft)
Spoiler for Alternatives 3-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-4:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-5:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 15:17   Link #18170
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Seems like it's always a fun time with Hayate...

Vivio would be alone this time too... 0_0 Go, Fate! Save Vivio!

Old 2009-10-30, 15:44   Link #18171
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Save Vivio! Or else I'll be forced to write about Vivio's Happy Days Of Fun Fun with Jail and the Numbers. *still thinks it would be lol if somehow Fate's being there meant Jail turned out not to be such a bad guy. Butterfly effect yo.*
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 15:49   Link #18172
Nijiru

@Nanya: Broken hearts suck. *gives the three girls a hug* At least they're dealing with it intelligently.
@Satashi: Go Fate! Use your knowledge of the future to change the past! Hopefully it doesn't mess things up too much.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 16:25   Link #18173
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Continuing my streak of starting more fics than I can finish, I threw this together after watching a short anime last night. Which one will be a secret, though I'll let you know at the end

This is about Yuuno having a problem, and Nanoha giving him a hand in a way that neither one expected...

Spoiler for Right Hand Mage, Chapter 1:

Side note: I'm experimenting with honorifics. Curious as to what other peole think about using them in the Nanohaverse. Knowing what they mean can add something, but I generally use them for fics that are more "Japanese" in nature or take place in Japan. Useful? Distracting? Don't care?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 16:31   Link #18174
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-5:
Go Fate!

It'll be interesting to see what Alt!Vivio does for Alt!Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Okay, guys and girls!

It's that time again!

RadiantBeam and I have completed...

Day in the Life

Chapter 28

Ginga

PS: With all apologies to Genya fans out there.

Spoiler for Ginga:

Spoiler for Notes:

And, wow, only 1 post this time! o_o A shocking rarity!
Poor Ginga, can't catch a break ! It's interesting to wonder *puts on science cap*: the taboo on incest, biologically speaking, is to prevent too much inbreeding and a loss of genetic diversity, which can cause mutant children, and the Westermarck effect (kids who grow up together from early childhood tend not to be attracted towards each other) assists that.

But in this case, Nove and Ginga didn't grow up together, and they're not likely to have children together (or if they do, then they could have kids through Wendi to prevent the genetic problem), so most of the taboo Genya is referring to has to do with social stigma...so there's no real reason for them to not be together right?

Okay....I'm gonna stop rambling now....

Anyways, nice chapter, I liked the Subaru/Ginga sister stuff
Old 2009-10-30, 17:06   Link #18175
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Continuing my streak of starting more fics than I can finish, I threw this together after watching a short anime last night. Which one will be a secret, though I'll let you know at the end

This is about Yuuno having a problem, and Nanoha giving him a hand in a way that neither one expected...

Spoiler for Right Hand Mage, Chapter 1:

Side note: I'm experimenting with honorifics. Curious as to what other peole think about using them in the Nanohaverse. Knowing what they mean can add something, but I generally use them for fics that are more "Japanese" in nature or take place in Japan. Useful? Distracting? Don't care?
Heh, the moment I read 'short anime' and 'hand', I immediately thought Midori no Hibi. Though I've seen many fics that re-use the show's premise, it's still nice to see it applied to Yuunoha. Other than a few typos, I didn't see any major errors. I look forward to more.

About honourifics, the Nanoverse is actually quite specific about their use. Mid Childians generally don't use them. Fate doesn't, and neither does Yuuno. Lindy uses them mostly when addressing the japanese characters. The japanese characters like Hayate and Nanoha use honourifics, but only in regards to those they met on Earth. They don't use honourifics on characters they meet on Mid, such as the Forwards and Vivio.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:09   Link #18176
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Poor Ginga, can't catch a break ! It's interesting to wonder *puts on science cap*: the taboo on incest, biologically speaking, is to prevent too much inbreeding and a loss of genetic diversity, which can cause mutant children, and the Westermarck effect (kids who grow up together from early childhood tend not to be attracted towards each other) assists that.

But in this case, Nove and Ginga didn't grow up together, and they're not likely to have children together (or if they do, then they could have kids through Wendi to prevent the genetic problem), so most of the taboo Genya is referring to has to do with social stigma...so there's no real reason for them to not be together right?
Agree with most of it. Also depends on society. For instance, Japanese generally think that marrying a cousin is okay, while western countries generally don't. Also, falling for an adopted sibling (so not related by blood) is an anime theme that comes up from time to time.

So depends on mid-childa's standards. Genya was raised on mid-childa, if I remember. I think it's just his parents that came from Earth, so not sure how strongly Genya would hold that.

But like Deathcurse said, there is no technical reason why they shouldn't be together. Unless Mid-childa has developed magical ways for two girls to give birth, genetics shouldn't enter into it. If nobody knows Ginga and Nove are blood-related, then no one should have a problem with it (unless they have a problem with girl/girl).

Almost not sure I like Genya in this role, but not sure what exactly you're aiming for. One thing to consider, is that the cyborgs are valubale because their DNA has been tweaked to accept the implants. The TSAB may try to overtly or covertly get the cyborgs to mate with male humans, to pass on that DNA, and make more cyborgs. They are a useful anti-magic weapon, which some in the TSAB have been wanting.

Perhaps Genya could have orders from higher up, to split them up and get them sent on deep-space missions where the higher ups hope they will fall for a male human and make babies.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 17:13   Link #18177
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

Perhaps Genya could have orders from higher up, to split them up and get them sent on deep-space missions where the higher ups hope they will fall for a male human and make babies.
My problem with this is that he's a father. I can't see a father (unless he hated the relationship in the first place) agreeing to do anything of the sort to his children, even if he was ordered. I'd see Genya quitting the TSAB before he'd do something like that, since he really loves his kids.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:14   Link #18178
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
My problem with this is that he's a father. I can't see a father (unless he hated the relationship in the first place) agreeing to do anything of the sort to his children, even if he was ordered. I'd see Genya quitting the TSAB before he'd do something like that, since he really loves his kids.
Nanya and I wrote that scene out with the intention that Genya had no problem with the relationship itself, he was worried because Nove and Ginga were biological siblings and he didn't want them to end up getting hurt if they stayed in a relationship. Granted, he made things worse, but he meant well for his girls. It all just kind of backfired on him, really, in a major way.
Old 2009-10-30, 17:19   Link #18179
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Nanya and I wrote that scene out with the intention that Genya had no problem with the relationship itself, he was worried because Nove and Ginga were biological siblings and he didn't want them to end up getting hurt if they stayed in a relationship. Granted, he made things worse, but he meant well for his girls. It all just kind of backfired on him, really, in a major way.
Yup, I got that. My post had been in response to the idea that he possibly wanted to split them up due to orders. I couldn't see him doing that at all, since it wouldn't be for his kids' interests, but for the higher-ups in the TSAB.

Funny, how demonized the "higher-ups" have become.... Now I really want to read something where Hayate, Lindy or Chrono or somebody are one of those "higher ups"....(I can recall a few of those good fics )
Old 2009-10-30, 17:27   Link #18180
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

And another short from yours truly! Co-written with Deathcurse this time around. Basically we've had this short RP going back and forth in PM for awhile with Vivio and Lutecia, and Vivio made a comment about how she convinces Lutecia to snuggle with her to relax. We then wondered, and this was born.

I apologize if it jumps around a bit.

Spoiler for Routine (slight NSFW):

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Writing with DC was fun.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2009-10-30 at 17:41. Reason: Spelling errors!
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha