AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 07:25   Link #621
ReddyRedWolf

Something tells me this PR publicity by the GDF and MJP is either going to blow up in their faces or a trap for the Wulgaru.

Now that they can translate Earth languages it allows then to identify targets.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:25   Link #622
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Something tells me this PR publicity by the GDF and MJP is either going to blow up in their faces or a trap for the Wulgaru.

Now that they can translate Earth languages it allows then to identify targets.
You are aware that the top brass gave full control to a certain commander who thought it'd be great to layout his entire plan to the world media AKA facebook and twitter.

So yeah...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 00:54   Link #623
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
All stories have to have source material in order to have filer. No source material = no filer by definition. Term you look for is "Breather episode" in metter of fact.
I consider a breather episode one that has down time and switches gears from action to character development or drama, something to that degree. I guess I can call it sort of a "happy aftermath" episode.
I consider a filler episode any episode there is simply there to "fill" space with no real contribution to the plot or characters. There are many western tv shows that have no source material and yet have filler episodes. I thus consider this a filler episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 00:59   Link #624
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I consider a breather episode one that has down time and switches gears from action to character development or drama, something to that degree. I guess I can call it sort of a "happy aftermath" episode.
I consider a filler episode any episode there is simply there to "fill" space with no real contribution to the plot or characters. There are many western tv shows that have no source material and yet have filler episodes. I thus consider this a filler episode.
The last episode felt like a bit of a breather.

This episode felt entirely like filler. It was kind of an interesting episode in the way that the girls were flushed out character-wise and in their relationship with each other, but it served no other real purpose.

Honestly I think this episode would have been fine if it hadn't been coupled with the previous episode. I know that this is supposed to be a "calm before the storm" period, but it's just not working in my opinion. This would have been a perfect opportunity to make the big reveal about Lady Teoria. Instead they choose to do so immediately after the battle and then make another small event out of the crash landed Wulgaru ship. This episode, however, could have been done at any time. It could have been done after their first or second sortie. It really should have been. Hopefully the next episode gets us back on the plot.
Old 2013-06-22, 02:54   Link #625
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But that's simply not what filler means, but whatever, it doesn't realy metter if you use that word in wrong way as long as everyone know what are you talking about
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 03:48   Link #626
SQA

Btw, as a reminder, this IS NOT an anime original series. This is actually an adaptation. It's just the manga isn't popular, I don't believe any chapters have gotten translated and no one seems to know how it got an anime adaptation green-lit less than a year into its run.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=71154
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-titles-listed

That's pretty much the exact extent of the available information in English about the Manga. Though apparently there's also an adaptation of the Anime-version that started as well.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 03:52   Link #627
SQA

Oh course, I just found the official Japanese page (as Hero's Monthly) and spoiled myself on what is likely a really big plot point in the future. I feel a little stupid at the moment.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:24   Link #628
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Oh course, I just found the official Japanese page (as Hero's Monthly) and spoiled myself on what is likely a really big plot point in the future. I feel a little stupid at the moment.
I heard that this anime isn’t really a faithful adaptation of the manga though. Kinda like D.N.Angel, Ghost in the Shell, or Akira. I don’t know if this is true or not. For you who can read Japanese and have access to the original material (or Japanese sources at least), what do you think?
Old 2013-06-23, 14:19   Link #629
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I heard that this anime isn’t really a faithful adaptation of the manga though. Kinda like D.N.Angel, Ghost in the Shell, or Akira. I don’t know if this is true or not. For you who can read Japanese and have access to the original material (or Japanese sources at least), what do you think?
GiS would be a really bad example. Each series in the manga is collectively different. They pretty much use the overall structure of the manga.

Its only 3 volumes so far published. And they went a more popular art design. Thats pretty rare. I guess someone saw potential in the series.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:29   Link #630
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
GiS would be a really bad example. Each series in the manga is collectively different. They pretty much use the overall structure of the manga.

Its only 3 volumes so far published. And they went a more popular art design. Thats pretty rare. I guess someone saw potential in the series.
So, you’re saying that GITS movies and GITS SAC are faithful adaptations of the manga? My objective was only to give examples of adaptations which are different from their sources.

Thanx for your info on MJP manga, btw.
Old 2013-06-24, 07:08   Link #631
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Personally, I kinda like the characters so seeing them in any kind of situation is fun for me. Enjoying it so far. Oh, and I'm rooting for Kei X Asagi. ^^
Old 2013-06-24, 09:38   Link #632
Tenzen12

Nonsense Asagi has girlfriend already.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:17   Link #633
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Everybody knows justice is the only woman for him!
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 13:17   Link #634
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
You know she's a keeper when she gives you anti-acids as a gift.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 17:50   Link #635
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
You know she's a keeper when she gives you anti-acids as a gift.
Good point. She will be a good waifu when she grows up.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:34   Link #636
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So are we going forward with episode 13 this week or is it a recap?
Old 2013-06-24, 22:41   Link #637
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So are we going forward with episode 13 this week or is it a recap?
From what I heard the Japanese telecast of the episode had scrolling text saying that next week with be a recap special. However, also from what I heard, that it won't count as a normal episode, so it's not episode 13. It's more like episode 12.5.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 01:10   Link #638
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Okay, glad to know they're not counting it as a full episode, I would have been disappointed.
Old 2013-06-25, 07:00   Link #639
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Good point. She will be a good waifu when she grows up.
Asagi always was a patient hunter... wait.

Next week, we have a 6th Ranger!
Old 2013-06-25, 19:58   Link #640
brutalman

We've been told the pilots have been genetically engineered for survival in space, so perhaps Tamaki's breasts are part of the experiment.

Maybe they store extra oxygen, the same way that sea mammals can store oxygen in their muscles so they don't have to breath for 10 minutes or more.

Though if that's the explanation Tamaki probably can do without breathing for a week.
brutalman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction