AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 13:10   Link #6121
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Somebody View Post
This post might have been a little bit too long.

So far, it seems like Medaka thinks Zens a saiyan or something. Gets stronger after every battle, more pain he's in the stronger he will be. And she's Medaka.

Theres no way it will end in a single match. If Zen loses, he will just get stronger, work harder. If Medaka loses, which seems nigh impossible at this point, then she will just do the same thing. She tried again with Kumagawa. Goku told many enemies, train more and fight me again. Well, Zen has a reason to fight, and she has her.... Battle thirst.

And Kogas regenerative abilities. And Miyakanojous energy supply. And her own superhuman strength. And she can use uber reflexes. And she can observe to defeat unknown enemies like hipster. She's also merciless and her morals seem to be pretty loose. She completed devilize training camp. She may even have beginners mistake.
She's a brilliant genius who knows things so easily and absurdly the lives people spend to learn the things she learns in a day are a joke. Ha, you took 60 years to learn basic arithmetic. She got 98% of the votes for student council president. She controls the power to control. She has made a 300+ year old being with 10 quadrillion skills avoid fighting her.

That's Medaka for you. Nobody matches up. But Zenkichi... If she fights him, and he loses and she keeps fighting and he keeps losing, he will keep getting closer and closer and closer. Of course, maybe Zen is like an asymptote, getting closer but never there. Either way, he would be interesting to fight.

And my main point, while Medaka likes fighting, and wants an interesting battle, she never puts it first. She may deviate a little, but she could have fought Zen from the get go, and fought him ever since. She's only fighting him now because he brought the fight up, she didnt pick it. She could have supported the flask plan in order to make an enemy worthy of fighting her. Maybe she only likes fighting, when the other side gives it their all. In other words, she likes competition, not crushing spines. Early on in her life, everyone shriveled away. It's not about losing to those below you, its about them giving their all against you, not giving up even if you're better. When they give their all, so can you. And giving your all is a lot more fun than holding back. She lives her life to the max, and when she sees someone else living their life to the max, raising themselves up to her level, as maguro mentioned, bringing out the best in her enemies or something, then yeah. Maybe it's like seeing a peer. Or maybe it's an attempt to complete herself, to raise her enemies to in turn have her enemies raise her. She never said she would give up on making herself complete. Just, making everyone happy takes precedence. Is she making herself happy though? She seems to be following business as usual, except for maybe recent chapters.

As usual, im impatiently waiting for the next chapter, then the one after that, so on and so forth.
I think your missing something here. Medaka herself isn't all that powerful, "The End" is not the be all and end all of all abilities. The reason she never loses isn't just because she has a thirst for battle it's because she's the main character. Which is precisely what Aijimu is trying to shut down. You take that away and Aijimu would logically be able kick her ass an infinite amount of times without batting an eyelid. Whether it's actually possible to take that away is because of the author. But ultimates that's what separates her and makes her invinceable.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 13:37   Link #6122
Takigashima

If Ajimu was 10 quadrillion skills and Medaka can learn skills and perfect them.
You can immediately understand the conundrum that Ajimu faces if a fight between the two would happen.
Takigashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 14:11   Link #6123
Takigashima

Has it been Proven that the skill will Negate the end?
If that's all it took to beat Medaka, the manga would have ended. Even if Ajimu is sealed, she's still able to use a portion of her abilities.
And if the End is negated, would medakas mind state return to that of a normal girl or will she still be as crazy as always?
Old 2011-12-01, 14:27   Link #6124
kenjtr

you guys dont get it medakas real ability is not losing , she never looses no matter what circumstance she is in . for example : tie medakas hands , legs and eyes she would still win no matter what the circumstance is medaka wins . Didnt zenkichi said to medaka that everytime winning is wrong then medaka put him as enemy clasification , winning everytime is like medakas religion .

ajimu is strong but she lost against kumagawa which medaka won so we can say medaka has somewthing that lets her win everytime , also in the past no matter what unreasonable thing medaka did it turned out right in the end then even zenkichi become used to it . zenkichi didnt belive that the things medaka does right but after 13 years everytime seeing her win no matter what the circumstances he started to belive medakas ways are right .

i really apriciate what ajimu did for zenkichi since if she wasnt there zenkichi would never be free from medakas claws , there is something inside medaka that defies fate and alter it , i dont know what is that but maybe people are after it . but there is also that door thing that bothers me which changed when zenkichi comed close also nomally medaka needed to be friend with munakata but zenkichi did , medaka especially didnt liked when shiranui get close to zenkichi so i think zenkichi can be the key of everything .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 14:43   Link #6125
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takigashima View Post
If Ajimu was 10 quadrillion skills and Medaka can learn skills and perfect them.
You can immediately understand the conundrum that Ajimu faces if a fight between the two would happen.
That doesn't make much sense. There's a delay between every ability Medaka learns so even without nullfying "The End" Aijimu would still be able to kick her ass very easily. It took enough time for Hipster-kun to kick her ass royally before she even learned one part of the Kanome system. This has always been the case. For every ability Medaka learns from Aijimu she has a gazillion more to kick her ass with. If Aijimu went for the kill there's not much Medaka can do aginst it outside of MC hax which is precisely what Aijimu's afraid of.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:08   Link #6126
kenjtr

http://jumppingping.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-511.html
heres another spoiler if you have japanese i would like a translation
but according to this medaka can copy others moves from just description she heard nurses move from akune and now using it on hipster .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 16:31   Link #6127
Takigashima

So in essence, I was somewhat right.
Medaka could herself learn live zero which would then negate Ajimu in general. So basically medaka (besides MC status) can win regardless of circumstance.
This would mean that Zen's ability is one that should not under any circumstance be learnable by Medaka.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:53   Link #6128
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
http://jumppingping.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-511.html
heres another spoiler if you have japanese i would like a translation
but according to this medaka can copy others moves from just description she heard nurses move from akune and now using it on hipster .
Spoiler for 125:
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:21   Link #6129
Not Somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I think your missing something here. Medaka herself isn't all that powerful, "The End" is not the be all and end all of all abilities. The reason she never loses isn't just because she has a thirst for battle it's because she's the main character. Which is precisely what Aijimu is trying to shut down. You take that away and Aijimu would logically be able kick her ass an infinite amount of times without batting an eyelid. Whether it's actually possible to take that away is because of the author. But ultimates that's what separates her and makes her invinceable.
You're separating the traits and the person too much. It's like saying humans are weak, it's the muscles that are strong. A genius is dumb, it's his being a genius which makes him smart. Besides, main charactership isn't well defined either. Will she suddenly turn really weak if she stops being the MC? Will she lose her abnormality? Will her personality change? Ajimus plan is to do something without precedent, whether it's even possible or not is still up for grabs like you mentioned.

Anyway, Kumagawa beat Ajimu and he's not a main character. At least not in Medaka box. Maybe he had a flashback in his new manga or something about main character Kumagawa beating Ajimu. Either way, it feels like too many pieces of the puzzle are missing and the author is just trolling us, the only thing he seems capable of doing.
Not Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 17:22   Link #6130
Inarius
★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
Spoiler for 125:
oh it's true bro, it's true

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-01, 18:36   Link #6131
Tenchi Hou Take

But that doesn't even make any sense.... (where's that Shinji image when you need it)

That's quite possibly the worst ass pull from an ability I've ever heard. What happens if someone lies or their description of the ability isn't quite correct. I mean come on, what is this

Still though it's not quite impossible to beat you'd just need to have a vast amount of abilities and basically not be a blabber mouth (which almost impossible for shounen characters especially villains).

Not sure how you'd get around her spontaneously making up abilities which totally should be possible considering what she's supposedly capable of.

Still though why would a MC hold such a ability why, just why. It's like Medaka has become the personification of everything I hate in Shounens. Freaking Mary sues, ridclous ass pulls and general bitches.

Really if this turns out true I seriously don't won't want Medaka to be the MC anymore I'm not sure I would be able to stand her winning with such a bullshit ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Somebody View Post
You're separating the traits and the person too much. It's like saying humans are weak, it's the muscles that are strong. A genius is dumb, it's his being a genius which makes him smart. Besides, main charactership isn't well defined either. Will she suddenly turn really weak if she stops being the MC? Will she lose her abnormality? Will her personality change? Ajimus plan is to do something without precedent, whether it's even possible or not is still up for grabs like you mentioned.

Anyway, Kumagawa beat Ajimu and he's not a main character. At least not in Medaka box. Maybe he had a flashback in his new manga or something about main character Kumagawa beating Ajimu. Either way, it feels like too many pieces of the puzzle are missing and the author is just trolling us, the only thing he seems capable of doing.
Your not getting it the ONLY reason she succeeds all the time in stuff that actually matters is because she's a MC, if she wasn't whatever she does would be superceded by the THE main. She would simply become a bench mark for the MC to surpass (and they pretty much always surpass their benchmark in at least some respect with that respect almost always being in strength). Heck a character like Medaka that wasn't the main character would be simply be used as fodder to hype up the main villains.

Would she still be little miss perfect yes but her purpose in the story would be very different and have very obvious implications.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-12-01 at 19:13.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:58   Link #6132
MD84

In a less meta sense, the reason Ajimu doesn't want to fight Medaka directly is because Medaka has fate on her side -- she's a born winner. Even if she loses, she wins.

If it was just a matter of power, Ajimu could probably defeat Medaka even in her half-sealed state. But all the power in the world doesn't mean anything compared to fate, at least in Medaka Box.

Then again, Ajimu is one of the only characters who seems to take the whole "MC" thing seriously. The others either think it's BS or go along with it because it's as good an explanation as any for Medaka's existence.

Again, if it was just a matter of ability, the Flask Plan would have been completed already -- Ajimu and Hanten already have the means to create and transfer Skills.

Also, the ability to copy and improve on an opponent's abilities really isn't enough to guarantee winning. If that were the case, the Megaman games wouldn't be so damn tough. Yeah, Megaman still wins, but only because he's the player character -- the moment he wasn't, he sacrificed himself and later died. Rogue from X-Men also has a similar power to "The End", but when she's not the main character she constantly gets beaten down to show how tough the opponent is.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 21:35   Link #6133
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
In a less meta sense, the reason Ajimu doesn't want to fight Medaka directly is because Medaka has fate on her side -- she's a born winner. Even if she loses, she wins.

If it was just a matter of power, Ajimu could probably defeat Medaka even in her half-sealed state. But all the power in the world doesn't mean anything compared to fate, at least in Medaka Box.

Then again, Ajimu is one of the only characters who seems to take the whole "MC" thing seriously. The others either think it's BS or go along with it because it's as good an explanation as any for Medaka's existence.

Again, if it was just a matter of ability, the Flask Plan would have been completed already -- Ajimu and Hanten already have the means to create and transfer Skills.

Also, the ability to copy and improve on an opponent's abilities really isn't enough to guarantee winning. If that were the case, the Megaman games wouldn't be so damn tough. Yeah, Megaman still wins, but only because he's the player character -- the moment he wasn't, he sacrificed himself and later died. Rogue from X-Men also has a similar power to "The End", but when she's not the main character she constantly gets beaten down to show how tough the opponent is.
Actually thinking about it Zenkichi also takes the whole Manga stuff pretty seriously and perhaps always has. I mean straight after he "died" when he first saw Aijimu he honestly thought she would be his version of the great King Yama from dragon balll. And he obviously didn't want to become the final villain hence why he was intially against the idea of opposiing Medaka.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:55   Link #6134
kingstonbeer

wait so has she broken that barrier of her not absorbing minus powers yet?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 00:07   Link #6135
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
wait so has she broken that barrier of her not absorbing minus powers yet?
She's worked around it. She created "Forsaken God Mode" after experiencing "Bookmaker", the quintessential Minus.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:53   Link #6136
kingstonbeer

Yeesh is there ANY shonen manga that has something like that? A single move that trumps them all regard not withstanding plot armor of course
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:14   Link #6137
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That's quite possibly the worst ass pull from an ability I've ever heard. What happens if someone lies or their description of the ability isn't quite correct. I mean come on, what is this
Wow, Medaka pulling an ass pull ability out of nowhere -_- Surely not in this manga. And yes this is sarcasm.

Quote:
Still though why would a MC hold such a ability why, just why. It's like Medaka has become the personification of everything I hate in Shounens. Freaking Mary sues, ridclous ass pulls and general bitches.

Really if this turns out true I seriously don't won't want Medaka to be the MC anymore I'm not sure I would be able to stand her winning with such a bullshit ability.
Here, try taking the mary sue litmus test using Medaka. It's quite hilarious especially since one of the qns asks

'Is your character unusually accomplished for xir age, time period, place, occupation, and/or social status?
In something that is extremely desirable and/or useful in the story's universe?
In something that is extremely difficult for virtually anyone achieve?
Is your character unusally accomplished in more than one area?
'
It's at http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm Personally, the score I got for Medaka was 100+. This is when 50+ means kill the filthy mary sue on sight.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 01:17   Link #6138
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
Yeesh is there ANY shonen manga that has something like that? A single move that trumps them all regard not withstanding plot armor of course
Those usually appear near the end of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Wow, Medaka pulling an ass pull ability out of nowhere -_- Surely not in this manga. And yes this is sarcasm.

Here, try taking the mary sue litmus test using Medaka. It's quite hilarious especially since one of the qns asks

'Is your character unusually accomplished for xir age, time period, place, occupation, and/or social status?
In something that is extremely desirable and/or useful in the story's universe?
In something that is extremely difficult for virtually anyone achieve?
Is your character unusally accomplished in more than one area?
'
It's at http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm Personally, the score I got for Medaka was 100+. This is when 50+ means kill the filthy mary sue on sight.
TBF, Nisio almost certainly intentionally wrote Medaka as a Mary Sue. She's almost a character study of the archetypal Sue, showing how everything that makes a character a Sue can be unnatural and creepy at times. It's telling that Medaka is most interesting when she reveals legitimate character flaws.

Ajimu might be an example of a villainous variant of a Sue. Ridiculous number of powers, immortal, a master manipulator, hot in a creepy way, incredibly smug and condescending, and everything seems to be going her way. Not necessarily a bad thing, since it will make her hopefully inevitable defeat much more satisfying.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:38   Link #6139
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Ass pulls are given in manga (and to some respect almost all literay works) especially shounens. But this is one of the worst I've read. Not only does it not even even mildly make sense it (most ass pulls ussualy make a bit of sense even though said occurence happening at said time is extremely, extremely unlikely) it made the most overpowered character in the manga by a decent amount a vast amount more overpowered, which is what really gets it me. Which would be fine if she was the villain but she's not she's the freaking main character. Her battles were always boring and lacked any tension what so ever (the last battle only had tension because she almost lost) meaning she'll likely win those final main battles with these riduclous powers in the most boring predictable battles the likes of which were never known.

Someone natively that overpowered doesn't even deserve to win. It's like watching a heavy weight boxer beat up a baby. No that would be too generous at least a heavy weight boxer trained to be that powerful.
Old 2011-12-02, 05:21   Link #6140
summers

I am going to lol so hard when the zen vs medaka fight happens and he is all like "I knew it was going to end like this" and curbstomps the crap out of him. As for that ability, if she can use the end like that makes sense to me even if some lies about it, the ability probably exist somewhere(ajimu). What surprises me is that she can change her body that much.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council