AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 13:51   Link #5261
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Fair enough I guess it mostly applies to teams with winning traditions in the past like the Niners and Cowboys. It does get annoying that they start appearing out of nowhere like they were in hibernation. Cowboys fans I could at least say are always there to annoy you. I guess thats how it is if you stay relevant to media.
Honestly I don't think it matters as long as the team is winning. With more winning teams you get more bandwagon fans, but even if the team hasn't been successful in the past, but are more successful recently it's the same thing. There are just as many obnoxious Saints fans and Lions fans as there are Patriots fans and Giants fans.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 14:03   Link #5262
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Honestly I don't think it matters as long as the team is winning. With more winning teams you get more bandwagon fans, but even if the team hasn't been successful in the past, but are more successful recently it's the same thing. There are just as many obnoxious Saints fans and Lions fans as there are Patriots fans and Giants fans.
And the always obnoxious Steelers fans. As said, fairweather fans and bandwagon fans are the most vocal, so when the team is winning you'll get more of this.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:06   Link #5263
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And the always obnoxious Steelers fans. As said, fairweather fans and bandwagon fans are the most vocal, so when the team is winning you'll get more of this.
This is why I usually don't go to bars or social settings as I don't want to get into discussions with these type of people...even if they're also 49ers fans. I don't mean to judge everyone at the same time or put myself on a pedestal, but I find more informative people online than I do randomly at a sports bar.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-09-17, 17:42   Link #5264
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Tough loss for the Ravens against the Eagles. They wasted more than their fair share of opportunities but the refereeing was absolutely abysmal. How at least two instances of pass interferences on Ravens players weren't called and Jacoby Jones was called for offensive PI on Asomugha on his TD was an joke. But it is what it is. Hope they can bounce back next week against NE.
Old 2012-09-17, 21:01   Link #5265
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Denver is killing me :'(
Old 2012-09-17, 22:04   Link #5266
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Saints are 0-2. Dare I say their playoff quest already looks bleak?
Oh it's bleak as hell...Godell got what he wanted, and I can care less for the Saints excuses...Not having Sean Peyton is killing us in every game phase because he doesn't just coach up players he coaches up coaches and our 3rd string head coach can't coach...Peyton is an A+ evaluator of talent and he threatens to cut players who aren't getting it done...It is what it is, I was not drinking any of the "We'll be OK..." -Koolaid...

I said 9-7, 10-6 before the season and I'm sticking with that (Although that might be wishful thinking, $hit)...Fortunately our poorest defense won't be facing all-world athletic QB's but for a couple more times this season so there's that...We're also riddled with injuries at the WR position, that's why Sproles caught like 15 passes yesterday...

I'm prepared for a $hitty season, but that's what happens when the league takes away your entire hierarchy of organizational leadership and draft picks (the DUH moment)...People who would ignore this fact were foolhearty at best (Although I understand the players' delusion to this, as they have no choice)...
Old 2012-09-17, 22:32   Link #5267
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Fortunately our poorest defense won't be facing all-world athletic QB's but for a couple more times this season so there's that...
Porous. Your defense is bad, but it isn't the worst in the league. Kansas City says hi.

Quote:
We're also riddled with injuries at the WR position, that's why Sproles caught like 15 passes yesterday...
Not like he's actually being used as a RB anyway, so might as well use him for something.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 23:47   Link #5268
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^If KC has a defense worse than ours, I'll sell you the El camino in the backyard...
Old 2012-09-18, 00:16   Link #5269
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

KC defense is missing a lot of key players so thats why they are terrible early.
Old 2012-09-18, 13:13   Link #5270
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

R.I.P. Steve Sabol.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ell/70000601/1
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:59   Link #5271
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

And thus... who'll take over NFL films now?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:03   Link #5272
Samari
World's Greatest

I don't know. I didn't think Ed would outlive his son. The glory days are certainly fading. It was very difficult watching Rich Eisen on NFL Total Access today. Never seen him so distraught.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...ng-Steve-Sabol

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-09-18 at 18:21.
Old 2012-09-18, 20:17   Link #5273
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I know this is off the current topic, but a little digging on ESPN revealed this hilarious statistic. So far this year, The Oakland Raiders have had 11 penalties for 77 yards. At the same point last year, they 23 penalties for 216 yards. Chew on that for a moment.

Last edited by FDW; 2012-09-18 at 20:44.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:51   Link #5274
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I know this is off the current topic, but a little digging on ESPN revealed this hilarious statistic. So far this year, The Oakland Raiders have had 11 penalties for 77 yards. At the same point last year, they 23 penalties for 216 yards. Chew on that for a moment.
It's hard to make any sort of comparisons like that when you have replacement officials.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 21:24   Link #5275
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's hard to make any sort of comparisons like that when you have replacement officials.
Given the way they played before Al died, they would've gotten twice as many (from their usual) penalties in this situation…
Old 2012-09-18, 21:43   Link #5276
sky black swordman

^ Hmm didn't Al and the Real Ref's have some sort of beef?
I would not be surprised after the Tuck rule.

And what was that Peyton? 3 picks?
Old 2012-09-18, 21:53   Link #5277
Samari
World's Greatest

This is a video from Ed's induction ceremony a couple of years ago I have favorited on my YouTube account. It's apparently Ed's final film. I'm sure Steve helped out though as well.

But it's just another one of the many films that really embody the legacy of the game. In a world where fantasy football, media that instigates ****, prima donnas, and contract disputes reign supreme in the NFL, it's nice to see that NFL Films merely focuses on the passion of the game and nothing else.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-09-18, 22:36   Link #5278
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Well, it's Tuesday, you know what that means…

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post

CHI @ GB: Chicago (DABUURZ have convinced me of their prowess)
And when no one was looking, the Packers D pulled itself out of it's own ass…

Quote:
CLE @ CIN: Cincinnati (This is going to be hard for The Whites)
And the 82-year old did alright I guess…

Quote:
MIN @ IND: Minneapolis (And the Andrew Luck Humiliation Conga Express makes it's second stop)
Number of people who've had seizures from looking at Andrew Luck's face as Indy's starting QB to date: 1,347.

Quote:
NO @ CAR: Tossup (I don't know how this will turn out, but both teams will score a gazillion points before it's done while making Fantasy Footballers cum their pants)
8-ball, should I invest in those paper bag futures? 8-ball: The stars say bacon…

Quote:
HOU @ JAX: Houston (Though B-Gabby will make this surprisingly close, giving even more evidence that he can play in the NFL, and that his fuckups last year were the result of being sent in when he wasn't ready)
And The Moos and their delusional QB manhandle another team…

Quote:
OAK @ MIA: Oakland (Ahh, I can smell the 1970's from here. And BTW, OAKLAND IS NOT A 4 AND 12 TEAM! Sheesh, they went 8-8 despite having no business doing so in their horrifying situation last year. They're a real contender, and should damn well be treated as such.)
So far this year, The Oakland Raiders have had 11 penalties for 77 yards. At the same point last year, they 23 penalties for 216 yards. Chew on that for a moment.

Quote:
ARI @ NE: Arizona (Why, BECAUSE I'M FUCKING INSANE. And because I hadn't done a batshit pick yet)
ROTFLMAOWSPVAWHASFTH.

Quote:
TB @ NYG: New York Giants (Rather pedestrian, but Tampa Bay might make it close and look more competent than last year)
I was right about this, literally laser-lock right. OMG I HAVE A LASER!!!

Quote:
BAL @ PHI: Baltimore (I don't care about this game)
ROTFLMAOWSPVAWHASFTS.

Quote:
WSH @ STL: Washington (While people will look at RGIII with even more adoration than this week after this game, it won't be a complete annihilation of The Rams.)
Sam Bradford must be Batman!

Quote:
DAL @ SEA: Seattle (At least their Uni's are different enough at this point that they can be told apart easily enough.)
Wow, and overrated team beat another overrated team. At least Russell Wilson's hair still looks awesome.

Quote:
NYJ @ PIT: Pittsburgh (The rotting Taco Bell burrito says that this game will be close)
Not even. Jets meltdown in 3, 2,…

Quote:
TEN @ SD: Tossup (My weekly "I don't give a fuck bowl")
Do I really have to say something snarky about this game?

Quote:
DET @ SF: San Francisco (While this one will be a blowout. A big, sloppy blowout, and the first of many to come.)
Not a blowout, but a methodical demolition of one of the leagues great offenses…

Quote:
DEN @ ATL: Atlanta (Just because and shit…)
Who's his name and what's his face looked in this game…

And now for this weeks crap…

NYG @ CAR: Tossup (Look at all those flying testicles…)

STL @ CHI: Chicago (The Rams aren't that good, even if they aren't horrible)

BUF @ CLE: Buffalo (Messier than it has to be)

TB @ DAL: Tampa Bay (Last second bull-rush from coach Jackass FTW)

NYJ @ MIA: Tossup (Watch this yayfest for 20 dollars and a barf bag!)

SF @ MIN: San Francisco (The only thing that needs to be answered is how badly The Niners will beat The Vikings)

KC @ NO: New Orleans (Because there's so far a team as talented as the Saints are can fall before hitting rock bottom. Kansas City on the other hand…)

CIN @ WSH: Washington (RGIII is SuperQuarterback, Andy Dalton has epic shounen hair, there's no contest here)

DET @ TEN: Detroit (Fuck this game…)

JAX @ IND: Jacksonville (Stop #3 on the Andrew Luck Humiliation Conga Express)

PHI @ ARI: Tossup (Oh, this'll be cartoonish…)

ATL @ SD: Atlanta (I don't care, I don't give a fuck because whatever)

HOU @ DEN: Houston (Houston's D make's it rain at Mile High)

PIT @ OAK: Oakland (Insane? Certainly, but I raise you Carson Palmer's 600 yards in two games and a penalty rate half that of last years)

NE @ BAL: Baltimore (Because it's time for Joe Flacco to join the elite club)

GB @ SEA: Green Bay (Seattle has no WR's)
Old 2012-09-18, 23:03   Link #5279
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
NFL Films merely focuses on the passion of the game and nothing else.
NFL Films has hundreds of episodes that focus on the mundane, obscene, and silly aspects of football, but yes the passion was at it's core and Steve Sabol is quite frankly one of the greatest ambassadors of this game that has ever seen the light of day...Many a Sunday latenight, a boy not much taller than kid buu, would sneak down those stairs to watch him indoctrinate me into the heart and soul of this great game...Upon hearing this news on the radio I literally stopped at a green-light...Steve Sabol was NFL Football...

T_T...
Old 2012-09-18, 23:20   Link #5280
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

It truly is a sad day for Football.

I will never forget as a kid watching so many NFL Films productions and learning a great deal about the great games, players, all around history of Football because of them.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports