AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-19, 05:01   Link #2581
hamazura
whatever

Huh final battle already?

man, am i the only one who dont like this pallas stuff arc? all out war my ass, its very boring, no match at all compared to ss:lc all out war. what pallas do anyway? is she threatening the world with catastrophe like poseidon, hades, alone and mars? and titan looks like idiot, keep sending class-3 hopeless pallasite...
Old 2013-07-19, 09:36   Link #2582
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Huh final battle already?
Doubt it, since most Gold Saints are staying behind and the other three kings said they won't protect Pallas and don't want to take part in this fight. The events in Pallasbelda will probably be a catalyst to the real battle. I'm betting Pallas will grow up at the end of this arc, and probably something will happen to Seiya and Subaru.

(and that's why the all-out battle didn't start yet, the Pallasites are somewhat on the defensive because Titan is always telling Pallas to sit and wait for her development)

In other news, Tohru Furuya was in an event here in Brazil last weekend, and among other things, he said Omega revitalized Saint Seiya in Japan (no wonder so many things happened lately, as new merchandise, games, manga and even Episode G came back after a long time). Surprisingly, he said even a movie sequel to Tenkai-hen would be possible now, which was unthinkable two years ago.
He didn't want to say if he'll voice Seiya in the upcoming cgi movie, which i understand as a "no", unfortunately.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:45   Link #2583
hamazura
whatever

just wondering why saint seiya seems like sooooo popular in spanish or whichever country who use spanish language?
its like spanish ss update is even faster than japan itself
Old 2013-07-19, 10:07   Link #2584
will1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
just wondering why saint seiya seems like sooooo popular in spanish or whichever country who use spanish language?
its like spanish ss update is even faster than japan itself
Mostly because of the dubbing, it was a great work.
And Saint Seiya, together with Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon where one of the most famous waves of anime of south america. Beign Chilean myself, i grew up with only those three shows on the tv, so i'm guessing that's the reason of it's success, of course i never knew Saint seiya was the name of it, here it was called "The knight of the Zodiac", and pretty much no one calls it by the real name here. Same with "Pegasus Fantasy", we had an opening from Spain, created by a french singer, Bernard Minet, Pegasus Fantasy appeared only in reruns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiPVeuaxXk
in case anyone wanna hear it
will1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 10:17   Link #2585
hamazura
whatever

if they rerun saint seiya for eternity in spanish countries, thats explain why its overpopular. Even majority comments on all ss video on youtube is spanish comment
And its looks like new ss omega episode is subbed by spanish translator 1 minutes after airing lol

saint seiya is popular in my country too but its balanced with other anime during '90 kid generation
Old 2013-07-19, 11:20   Link #2586
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1707 View Post
Same with "Pegasus Fantasy", we had an opening from Spain, created by a french singer, Bernard Minet, Pegasus Fantasy appeared only in reruns

No, please, don't. It brings back some painful memories. All the opening we got in France were horrible !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:08   Link #2587
Jehuty

Quote:
Mostly because of the dubbing, it was a great work.
And Saint Seiya, together with Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon where one of the most famous waves of anime of south america. Beign Chilean myself, i grew up with only those three shows on the tv, so i'm guessing that's the reason of it's success, of course i never knew Saint seiya was the name of it, here it was called "The knight of the Zodiac", and pretty much no one calls it by the real name here. Same with "Pegasus Fantasy", we had an opening from Spain, created by a french singer, Bernard Minet, Pegasus Fantasy appeared only in reruns

I also grew up with SS in Mexico. It makes me really happy to see how well the anime ages.
Old 2013-07-19, 16:21   Link #2588
will1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
No, please, don't. It brings back some painful memories. All the opening we got in France were horrible !
Do you mean like "La chanson des chevaliers"? it's not that bad... a bit campy, yeah, not could be worse
We had a guy like Bernard Minet here, Guillermo Aguirre, or "Captain Memo" he sang almost all of the openings of the series of the 70's and 80's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeGB0kMKssE
will1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 19:09   Link #2589
Miraluka
Banned

Spain's version is criminal, they even changed Afrodita's voice for a real woman's .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 19:33   Link #2590
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Do you mean like "La chanson des chevaliers"? it's not that bad... a bit campy, yeah, not could be worse
We had a guy like Bernard Minet here, Guillermo Aguirre, or "Captain Memo" he sang almost all of the openings of the series of the 70's and 80's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeGB0kMKssE
Precisely !
That guy also did the Sailormoon opening. And some sentai stuff too.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:57   Link #2591
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 65:
Old 2013-07-20, 17:27   Link #2592
Miraluka
Banned

Just 3 words:

PEGASUS ROLLING CRASH!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 22:34   Link #2593
Ozuma

Finally puberty has come to Pallas
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:26   Link #2594
seiyafan

so just got through marathon watching all episodes until now. I tried reading back through a few pages but didnt see anyone talk about this. does anyone think the second season is a huge departure from the first?

I feel like they lost so many things they created in the first season. Like in S1 they made such a big deal about element cosmos, to the point that up until some of the gold saints they would mention what kind of cosmo every new person has. I realize they kind of dropped this toward the end of the last season, but now it has completely vanished all together.

then what about the concept of Koga having Darkness cosmo power? I really thought they would make a point of having him deal with that and start using it for good somehow now that hes not possessed by Abzu. I mean he is like the most powerful dude with the darkness cosmo. it just seems like an interesting story if they show him learning to use it for good. but now its like whatever he just has light now.

also, what the hell is it with everyone just brushing off the saints (Koga, Yuna, Haruto, Ryuho and soma). like "oh yeah you rescued us all and beat the strongest saints in the world but you guys suck". to the point where Shun, basically forgot that he met them (he was like I heard of you guys when last season he was basically like ryuho's adopted uncle).

Why does Koga basically just brush off saori? like oh you have been my mom my whole life and I just went through hell to save you, but whatever nice to see you im going back to the others.

what the hell is up with bringing back the cloth boxes? and they are really doing a bad job about mixing the concept with the clothstones. I mean its a 5 minute conversation where they can say oh the effects of the meteor are wearing off and the cloths are returning to normal or whatever, but they dont do that...

Finally, what is the reason seiya and the guys dont get back together and handle this like the old days? they did a good job with this last time with the whole darkness mark thing, but this time its like hyoga just doesnt care, and phoenix is 'missing' and seiya just doesnt want to talk to his friends or what?

sorry im just frustrated with this season, and I hope it gets better and they deal with this stuff. or maybe some of you guys know more about Omega and can clear this stuff up for me. maybe its the translations in the subs too, maybe they explained this in the japanese. help me out knowledgeable members
seiyafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:51   Link #2595
Laevatein

So, I haven't been watching for the last month or so due to a combination of being busy and getting bored with the show.

Has Yuna done anything significant?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:04   Link #2596
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
So, I haven't been watching for the last month or so due to a combination of being busy and getting bored with the show.

Has Yuna done anything significant?
Her chest got bigger
Old 2013-07-22, 10:45   Link #2597
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiyafan View Post
so just got through marathon watching all episodes until now. I tried reading back through a few pages but didnt see anyone talk about this. does anyone think the second season is a huge departure from the first?
You're not the only one who feels this way. I've mostly been complaining about the animation, but the story sucks as well. This season is a major disappointment. They pretty much threw everything the first season established out of the window. This isn't good storytelling.

Other mistakes:

- Bringing back the steel saints. Nobody likes them.
- Introducing a new main character (Subaru) instead of developing the old cast (Yuna and the others have no relevance anymore).
- Nerfing Kouga and his friends.
- Using an enemy of the week format and having said enemy come back multiple times. This is boring as hell.

The only reason I'm still watching is that I'm waiting for the old Bronzes to come back. They have no excuse not to participate in this battle.
Old 2013-07-23, 01:38   Link #2598
seiyafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're not the only one who feels this way. I've mostly been complaining about the animation, but the story sucks as well. This season is a major disappointment. They pretty much threw everything the first season established out of the window. This isn't good storytelling.

Other mistakes:

- Bringing back the steel saints. Nobody likes them.
- Introducing a new main character (Subaru) instead of developing the old cast (Yuna and the others have no relevance anymore).
- Nerfing Kouga and his friends.
- Using an enemy of the week format and having said enemy come back multiple times. This is boring as hell.

The only reason I'm still watching is that I'm waiting for the old Bronzes to come back. They have no excuse not to participate in this battle.
I agree that I never liked the steel saints in the original series, but what bugs me more than bringing them back is that they are totally useless. I remember in the original series they kind of kicked ass at first at least, but here they make it clear that they are worthless. and im like why even waste time and money on that worthless armor. might as well just call it saint kindergaden. and yeah subaru is like a carbon copy of koga from early last season. why is he needed? why cant they just keep eden, he is way better even though he is just a copy of ikki.

in fact the whole first season was like a faster pace copy of the sanctuary saga with names and faces changed. I dont mean that in a bad way, I thought it was more fun than the original, in a popcorn flick kindof way. it was cool because it had the same basic story but the elements were all original (tech, character details, gold saints, powers). now they have gone backwards on both. they are copying more of the details (tech, powers, even using old characters directly) but the original story they have developed is just stupid. I mean Haruto to chill ninja badass becomes the lamest rockstar in the world? I can just picture that creative meeting:

hey what would be really rediculous?.... what if we made Haruto a rockstar..... that would be the complete opposite of what he was before, and completely shun his character development?.... YEAH LETS DO IT!!!!!

WTF? oh well I will keep watching out of loyalty as well and hope it gets better. damn you japanese saddists!!! you have somehow managed to make me want to see my childhood dreams ripped apart by your shameless plot laziness!!
seiyafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 01:59   Link #2599
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiyafan View Post
WTF? oh well I will keep watching out of loyalty as well and hope it gets better. damn you japanese saddists!!! you have somehow managed to make me want to see my childhood dreams ripped apart by your shameless plot laziness!!
If it makes you feel any better, I can only think of SS Omega as a fanfic. The travesty the show has been from the get go (gems? elements? ffs) can't be anything short of terrible fanfic given the studio treatment.

Y'know, like Twilight.
Old 2013-07-23, 03:14   Link #2600
hamazura
whatever

i have to say the tech of ss original, next dimension, or even lc are boring as fvk. the latter 2 are just copying the original, especially the gold saints, im tired seeing same tech again and again.
Thats why i liked 12 temple arc in omega, all goldies techs are all original and different, make it moar interesting

well, just saying...

Tags
action, shounen