AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 19:19   Link #61
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Certainly have to agree that it was an odd start. But Imay try another ep to see where it will go. Don't have much expectation, but... who knows?
Old 2014-01-09, 19:35   Link #62
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
If this isn't even faithful to the manga, I seriously doubt it's even close to the LN.
I don't think there is any laws which would say manga has to be more faithful than anime. Though I do wonder, how this first episode works in context of Novels.

Anyway as long as protagonist doesn't cheat on his girlfriend or maybe "girlfriend", I am willing give it chance anyway.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 19:35   Link #63
Wandering Soul

This show had a very weird start but it was still enjoyable so I will stick with for it a couple of episode. I also found myself repeating the ED over and over again. Seriously though can someone please explain to me how the heck did the wooden sword last as long as it did against a metal blade
Old 2014-01-09, 19:38   Link #64
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Is it bad that:
Hears that this is generic and rather bland: Meh, I'll still watch it.
Hears that a girl's breasts enlarge: Definitely going to watch it now!

To summarize, is breast expansion all this first episode has going for it? I found WCW to be "cliched" but it never actually felt that way and I enjoyed it, but from the way things sound I don't think I'll enjoy MS.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 19:45   Link #65
Tenzen12

Like genericness was ever flaw on it's own
Old 2014-01-09, 19:50   Link #66
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Like genericness was ever flaw on it's own
I agree. That's why I shake my head when so many people said the first episode of WCW was "generic" and "bland". Just because something isn't incredibly innovative doesn't mean it sucks. I used the terms to describe Magical Warfare because except for "awesome" it's really the only other terms I've heard used to describe MW.

I'll just have to check it out and see.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-01-09, 20:06   Link #67
finalfury
Incognito

Asami Seto <3

Mui is adorbs and yankee brotista is pretty chill. :c

I ended up liking the animations after disliking the key visuals so yea....

What's WCW?

Funny thing that I liked: Nanase didn't tell Mui to go run and hide (the whole guys must protect girls sthick) and made his gf priority #1 on his list. Nice dedication boyfriend-san.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:08   Link #68
Tenzen12

Sound like Witch Craft Works...
Old 2014-01-09, 20:10   Link #69
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sound like Witch Craft Works...
My brain just died after processing that information. Generic is super overused as a term now. :c
Old 2014-01-09, 20:11   Link #70
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
What's WCW?
A shitty wrestling...oh, wait.

WitchCraft Works is another show that's airing this season that involves magic but beyond that Mahou Sensou and WitchCraft Works have a few differences. I was referring to how (some) people are bashing WCW as being a "shitty boring cliched pile of trash" when it's just the first episode. Tenzen brought up a good point - just because something is "generic" doesn't mean it has to be bad, and from what I've heard Works really gets better latter.

Old 2014-01-09, 20:19   Link #71
finalfury
Incognito

Frankly I'm surprised at how little fan-service this show has. Glad to see Madhouse minimizing that heavily.
This show seems to be more about dialogue based action rather than pure shounen action ala DBZ.

@Zodiac: WCW gets way better. Assertive heroine ftw.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:27   Link #72
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
This show had a very weird start but it was still enjoyable so I will stick with for it a couple of episode. I also found myself repeating the ED over and over again. Seriously though can someone please explain to me how the heck did the wooden sword last as long as it did against a metal blade
I honestly don't know and I doubt we'll get an answer. ED was pretty good and I don't usually like ED's. Maybe they'll use it as the second OP.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 20:42   Link #73
Beggar

Was I the only person reminded of 11eyes when watching this?
Beggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 20:48   Link #74
tsunade666

ugh.... madhouse >_> crappy animation is crappy. I felt that I was watching satelite's work so I was going to ask who the studio is but the when I watch the ending and saw madhouse ... why!?

info dump first episode. Some scenes felt awkward but I'll just chalk it out as introduction and first kiss is top priority than someone shooting you on the face -_-

really.... average introduction episode but I will stick to it. I'm a sucker to fantasy settings and to make it more awesome. I ONLY SAW 2 HEROINE SO FAR!!!!!

Love triangle!?

I'll stick to it. I haven't watch a decent show that doesn't scandalize or prioritize harem. So a love triangle for once is good. I wish it will be done good like R-15.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:57   Link #75
haseo0408

After watching the first episode I must say that I really love the series so far, the whole love triangle between Takeshi, Mui and Kurumi. As someone said above shows now days prioritize harems and I have no problem with that, I grew up watching Love Hina in Cartoon Network for God sakes, specially is it´s done right but a little taste of a well done romantic triangle is faboulous as well, throw some fantasy in there and you vae a perfect series for me.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:05   Link #76
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ugh.... madhouse >_> crappy animation is crappy. I felt that I was watching satelite's work so I was going to ask who the studio is but the when I watch the ending and saw madhouse ... why!?

info dump first episode. Some scenes felt awkward but I'll just chalk it out as introduction and first kiss is top priority than someone shooting you on the face -_-

really.... average introduction episode but I will stick to it. I'm a sucker to fantasy settings and to make it more awesome. I ONLY SAW 2 HEROINE SO FAR!!!!!

Love triangle!?

I'll stick to it. I haven't watch a decent show that doesn't scandalize or prioritize harem. So a love triangle for once is good. I wish it will be done good like R-15.
What are you talking about? Animation was amazing. Especially the fight scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
After watching the first episode I must say that I really love the series so far, the whole love triangle between Takeshi, Mui and Kurumi. As someone said above shows now days prioritize harems and I have no problem with that, I grew up watching Love Hina in Cartoon Network for God sakes, specially is it´s done right but a little taste of a well done romantic triangle is faboulous as well, throw some fantasy in there and you vae a perfect series for me.
Love Hina was on Cartoonnetwork? I think this is harem.
Old 2014-01-09, 21:25   Link #77
paladinenvec

I haven't read the manga or the novels but i feel that the first chapter was quite good the pacing was good and it didnt felt forced at all, yeah probably it felt weird cause it was hard for some ppl to get a grasp of what was going on but i'm already imnume to those kind of thing since i see them quite often since i have seen a lot of anime and series that use this kind of scenario.... anyway for me was the strongest"pilot" episode of this season (even with the wtf moments...) i 'll keep a watch on this.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:37   Link #78
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
What are you talking about? Animation was amazing. Especially the fight scenes.

Love Hina was on Cartoonnetwork? I think this is harem.
BW-san I´m from Venezuela, in my country Love Hina was transmited by Cartoon Network translated to spanish so I watched it every night before going to bed.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:38   Link #79
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
BW-san I´m from Venezuela, in my country Love Hina was transmited by Cartoon Network translated to spanish so I watched it every night before going to bed.
You got Love Hina, but America didn't? No offense, but that's just weird.
Old 2014-01-09, 21:57   Link #80
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I haven't read the manga or the novels but i feel that the first chapter was quite good the pacing was good and it didnt felt forced at all, yeah probably it felt weird cause it was hard for some ppl to get a grasp of what was going on but i'm already imnume to those kind of thing since i see them quite often since i have seen a lot of anime and series that use this kind of scenario.... anyway for me was the strongest"pilot" episode of this season (even with the wtf moments...) i 'll keep a watch on this.
Same, I thought this was really good. The music reminds me of railgun (which I like) and the complicated plot reminds me of Index (which I also like) and the setting seems to remind me of Zero no Tsukaima which I also like, so this was a win/win for me.

I feel like the character reactions might have been strange to some, but the characters are decided by the author, not by the readers. So I'm pretty sure HUMAN reactions are decided by the people making them, not viewers... If the author feels like those reactions are possible by people, then so be it; it's just more awesome that way.

I loved the opening and ending more than in any other series this season and felt like the pilot episode was the best this season with others being Hamatora/Nobunagan/ and D-frag...

So I thought this seems like a pretty interesting/original premise. Some aspects of the set-up slightly remind me of Negima minus the harem and some others remind me of... Harry Potter? So all in all this was very enjoyable and was an extremely strong pilot episode (to by honest probably the best one I've ever seen...) This is my top must watch this season.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote