AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-06, 01:05   Link #81
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
im not a tessa fan but since its FMP i might watch it, hopefully they give us a hint on if there is going to be another season of FMP
yea, me too. i don't really like tessa but since it's FMP i just gotta watch it.
Old 2006-06-08, 05:30   Link #82
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by one3rd
Fanservice doesn't have to be in the form of nudity and sexual situations. The OVA really is mostly 30 minutes of Tessa fanservice.
In a broad sense, then yeah, it is a "Tessa fanservice" episode. However, the term "fanservice" these days has one of the following items in mind:
  • Scantily-clad females
  • Cleavage shots
  • Panty shots
  • Suggestive poses
  • Nude scenes (bath and shower primarily)
  • Girls caught changing clothes

.etc

I mention this, because the images of the OAV are of Tessa sexually sitting in bed attire. While this type of fanservice is in the OAV, it is not the focus of the OAV.

Quote:
Really, this OVA proved to me that FMP! isn't as good without Sousuke and Kaname at the center of the events.
While I missed Chidori, I rather enjoyed the OAV. I liked seeing a day at the base through the eyes of Tessa.

As for the next series, I suspect that Kyoto will do another Fumoffu-like series considering the number of short stories still unanimated. There are only three novels that haven't been animated, so I think some work would be required to do another main story series short of Gatou-sensei publishing a new novel, or writing some original material to flesh out a new 13-episode series (as he did for TSR).

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2006-06-08, 06:52   Link #83
T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy
As for the next series, I suspect that Kyoto will do another Fumoffu-like series considering the number of short stories still unanimated. There are only three novels that haven't been animated, so I think some work would be required to do another main story series short of Gatou-sensei publishing a new novel, or writing some original material to flesh out a new 13-episode series (as he did for TSR).
Isn't Gatou in the process of writing another main story novel?

Anyway, I don't expect anything before mid 2007, which would leave plenty of time for main story novel adaptations by then.
Especially when and if another short story Fumoffu series will be done before that.
Old 2006-06-18, 11:29   Link #84
Tabris

I don't believe I didn't get around to watching it until today. Almost a month after it was released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers
I bet this is a real treat for Tessa fans
Being a massive Tessa fan. I have to say:

I love it to the max. And then some. It was so totally awesome beyond comprehension it's almost untrue. Oh she's so cute and clumsy, it's adorable. God, I could go on about Tessa forever (as sad as it sounds). Her character is just so Goddamned appealing.

Last edited by Tabris; 2006-06-18 at 11:47.
Old 2006-06-18, 11:45   Link #85
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I also loved it. I definitely didn't want anything to happen in terms of plot. Kaname didn't make an appearance which was a bit of a downer for me. However, the good old Tessa fan service helped me forget that minor flaw.

I can't believe how stupid Sagara was when he was talking to Tessa when he was about to leave on the plane. Silly git.

Well, this OVA served as a good thing to tide me over until perhaps another series comes out.
Old 2006-06-18, 14:11   Link #86
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon
I can't believe how stupid Sagara was when he was talking to Tessa when he was about to leave on the plane. Silly git.
Yes, he is a moron.
Old 2006-06-20, 03:53   Link #87
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant

The man has taste.
qft!!

altho that anime clip on the Commander guy on computer is a bit..ghey

I were laughing THE WHOLE TIME watching this, LOL,

also why do u guy say that sagara is moron? he is pretty smart enough to evade the infamous Blosh soup from commander Kalinin
Old 2006-06-20, 04:57   Link #88
T.V.

The military precision cooking wasn't all that hilarious IMO, though I find it somewhat funny.

The torpedo impact and Conan edit scenes had me ROFL.
Old 2006-06-20, 16:40   Link #89
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
also why do u guy say that sagara is moron? he is pretty smart enough to evade the infamous Blosh soup from commander Kalinin
I think it's because he already knew, whereas Tessa didn't.

That stuff looked nasty so I don't blame them.
Old 2006-06-23, 09:50   Link #90
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

The funniest part for me (haven't watched it all the way through yet) was Al's assesment of the Tessa/Sagara hug-battle at the beginning:

"The enemy is retreating!"
"Shut up!"

Last edited by Masanori Ota; 2006-07-11 at 19:46.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:38   Link #91
viet80

I watched recently in youtobe, btw what is the fansub who subbed it?
Old 2006-07-06, 09:44   Link #92
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet80
I watched recently in youtobe, btw what is the fansub who subbed it?
There's really no point asking that as the OAV is considered licensed now, along with The Second Raid. So no-one here will tell you who subbed it, since it's against forum rules. Just google it if you really want to know the groups that subbed it.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:08   Link #93
viet80

Ok, forgive me.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:02   Link #94
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
The funniest part for me (haven't watched it all the way through yet) was Al's assesment of the Tessa/Sagara hug-battle at the beginning:

"The enemy is retreating!"
"Shut up!"
Yeah, I thought that bit was brilliant.

Last edited by Tabris; 2006-07-08 at 08:06.
Old 2006-07-10, 22:27   Link #95
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

One leetle question Tabris...is your sig from a certain questionable game involving FMP characters?

Last edited by Masanori Ota; 2006-07-11 at 19:47.
Old 2006-07-10, 22:41   Link #96
ert3
the shadow

Send a message via MSN to ert3 Send a message via Yahoo to ert3
I loved the show for the mostpart but the last few episodes of the second raid left me wondering why, how, wtf.
Old 2006-07-11, 04:29   Link #97
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the new tessa OAV. Lotsa fan service and it's funny! I think this is the lighter side of the FMP 2nd raid series or the fumofuu so to say.