AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 21:59   Link #3241
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Queen Bee is called as such because her power worked like a real Queen bee(the insect). The pheromone basically hard-wired another person's body biologically into obeying her.

As such, her power is actually capable of turning another person's body into mindless zombie (forcing them to use only the basic function of their brain without accessing to their basic thought and decision making process).

Being hard-wired means also mind-manipulation has no effect on them since the Zombie "has no need to access their decision making process in their brain".

However, Misaki still have the ability of interference. By interfering the part of human's brain which control basic function such as walking, she can stop them all instantly.

This is why Queen Bee hate the Queen and Misaki can't be bothered with the level 3.
That doesn't work... humans aren't built like bees. We're far more complex and we hardly respond at all to things like pheremones. The most she could hope to do is encourage people to follow her, but she couldn't turn them into zombies.
That is if you care about reality in your stories, you can always hand-wave it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
The "Subliminal message" is the actually the basic "sending certain signal to the brain" which all Telepathic is capable.

The brainwashing is a literal brainwashing... keep telling the person that he must obey her.

The intensity of the power is the duration which a person is exposed to the brainwashing part of the power. The longer means the said person is more likely to obey her command.

Miski's power work 100% (hence the reason why she has larger army) but her power have a chance of failing if she did not "prepare".

The record part of the power is a simple "Obey her" command.

As for her reputation....*Cough*she is an Idol, she has a reputation for singing but other telepathic esper hate her song because they sub-consciously detected her power, the conflicting signals (her power + music) transformed her music into noise for other Telepathic Espers.

Also to justify why Level 0 Skill-out stay in Academy City despite of their bad treatment there: They can't get out or have difficulty trying to get out. (since the directors used her power to make them believe that Academy City is a paradise, a home for them)
Intensity as in decible rating, not as in that type. She produces the sound at a certain volume and perhaps a range of frequencies.
One of my characters also had an ability dealing with sound, here: "ESPer ability- "Shatter Point" Level 4. Jericho's ESPer ability is the ability to vibrate her AIM field to produce sound. The sound cannot be complex, only one frequency can be produced at any time, but the range of sound she can produce (and also hear) is far higher than a humans, 2-100,000 Hz rather than 20-20,000 Hz. Her range for intensity is 0-190 decibels, though anything beyond 130 causes her pain if it is within normal human frequency range. She can also make the sound directional, focusing it on a single object. However it is not perfect and some of the noise is still released all around her."
It's purpose is completely different but note how I mention her decible and frequency range.
As for the whole idol thing... I can understand why people would listen to her music but don't you think there would be some sort of action taken against her or at least a slew of rumors about her, given that other people know what she's doing.
As for the "obey me" command... that doesn't quite work either.First and biggest problem is that the "me" is not defined. Granted it would probably default to the one singing the song but then it would probably only work if she was using the same voice that she sings with so that the zombies can recognize it. The second problem is that, while Simple or even complex commands are understandable, "obey" is too vague. You might be able to increase suggestability but that has the issue of increasing it for everyone, not just one person, not only that but they would still have their willpower and could quite effectively fight it.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:30   Link #3242
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spoiler for Masked Detective Ch1 Act 3.2:

Michael Bay directed this episode.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:55   Link #3243
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And get them he shall... if ever lives to somehow partner up with Mugino and survive it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 03:24   Link #3244
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
And get them he shall... if ever lives to somehow partner up with Mugino and survive it.
Heh? That's that other guy who stole Dragon Rider, not the guy who built it.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:26   Link #3245
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Didn't say be part of his harem.

"This is a one time service only!"

"I never invited you onboard you crazy lady!"

but that's up to you.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:51   Link #3246
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Didn't say be part of his harem.

"This is a one time service only!"

"I never invited you onboard you crazy lady!"

but that's up to you.

Sadly, ITEM have nothing to do with UNION. Furthermore, to me, there’s a plothole where caring Mugino cleaves Fre/nda in half. I’m waiting for the anime to see if its elaborated on.

Tarou was referring to the carbon dioxide laser defense array on the Zodiac-class skyship. This model is actually the weakest on Academy City aircraft, as it is the prototype ship of everything that came after it during the Civil War and WW3 arcs. It usually doesn’t need as much, but against an absorbent surface on a clear day, it can deliver up to 12 tetrawatts of energy on one spot. Instant road crater.

That said, laser weapons are huge devices requiring cold fusion power, good for disabling but bad at destroying, and that’s why their use is exclusive to UNION skyships.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-04-20 at 04:03.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 04:09   Link #3247
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That does make sense.

Somehow I would find it interesting to mix OOO's with To aru... which side creates the more powerful medals?

Technology or Magic? Which side will reach beyond the infinite?

Old 2013-04-20, 05:23   Link #3248
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
That doesn't work... humans aren't built like bees. We're far more complex and we hardly respond at all to things like pheremones. The most she could hope to do is encourage people to follow her, but she couldn't turn them into zombies.
That is if you care about reality in your stories, you can always hand-wave it away.
Yea.... Probably need to more work on that....

I can hand-wave the whole thing but I think I might scrap the whole idea.

Because the Esper is not from Sora Toki high school so her power must be more or less grounded in reality.

That is a rule in the story, mostly to further empathize the abnormality of the school.

Edit: Since the school is not as strict as other School in Academy City, therefore it is a rule breaking school with students that break the story's rules.

Moar Edit: There is no actual Curfew for the students but the Dorm Supervisor (Iron man) lock the dorm at 10pm exactly. If you are unfortunate enough to still be outside by that time....You will be locked out and have to find a hotel outside. Since Sora Toki Students are mostly broke, they try to avoid that..

> They can try sneaking in but not a good idea, the Dorm has enough anti-thief defenses to make Academy City's research facility seems....unsecured.

Quote:
Intensity as in decible rating, not as in that type. She produces the sound at a certain volume and perhaps a range of frequencies.
One of my characters also had an ability dealing with sound, here: "ESPer ability- "Shatter Point" Level 4. Jericho's ESPer ability is the ability to vibrate her AIM field to produce sound. The sound cannot be complex, only one frequency can be produced at any time, but the range of sound she can produce (and also hear) is far higher than a humans, 2-100,000 Hz rather than 20-20,000 Hz. Her range for intensity is 0-190 decibels, though anything beyond 130 causes her pain if it is within normal human frequency range. She can also make the sound directional, focusing it on a single object. However it is not perfect and some of the noise is still released all around her."
It's purpose is completely different but note how I mention her decible and frequency range.
Earworm's power is actually more in line with hypnosis.

In a way, her power is actually closer to telepathy than real sound manipulation, she can't alter decibel of sound but she can slightly modify the frequency of sound to achieve the mind control effect.

To actually manipulate human's mind, she need to a sound producing device just like Misaki and her remote.

=
Quote:
As for the whole idol thing... I can understand why people would listen to her music but don't you think there would be some sort of action taken against her or at least a slew of rumors about her, given that other people know what she's doing.
She is in Academy City, weird rumors happens all the time, include the rumor that her music is actually brainwashing people into doing some secret experiments. But since she is cute and her music are all Earworm .

Yea, people would still listen to her music even with those rumors flying around. Only those sufficiently paranoid would avoid her music.

Quote:
As for the "obey me" command... that doesn't quite work either.First and biggest problem is that the "me" is not defined. Granted it would probably default to the one singing the song but then it would probably only work if she was using the same voice that she sings with so that the zombies can recognize it. The second problem is that, while Simple or even complex commands are understandable, "obey" is too vague. You might be able to increase suggestability but that has the issue of increasing it for everyone, not just one person, not only that but they would still have their willpower and could quite effectively fight it.
Yea, the music is more towards increasing suggestibility of her victims (can't think of that word when I type it out).

About the music, it is not the main music itself that brainwash people but the background music which contain the mind manipulating sound, played in a frequency which normal human can't pick up. Unless they use extremely specialize equipment to break down and analyses the music.

The willpower of others is the reason why she require people to keep listening to her music and eventually their defense will lower, giving her control over them.

What is the best way to do so? Make her music something which get people addicted and keep listening to it

Probably need to lower her level to 2 since unlike Misaki with the probability of 100% controlling her target, Earworm has actually has a high chance of failing.

====

Thankfully, the two are more or less "in-development" characters (wouldn't appear in story so early). But I wanted to prepare them early and throw in some early references before their actual introduction.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-04-20 at 05:41.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 06:48   Link #3249
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Somehow I would find it interesting to mix OOO's with To aru... which side creates the more powerful medals?

Technology or Magic? Which side will reach beyond the infinite?

Its definitely a Magic rider, and probably an Afrikan Witch Doctor.

Maybe a friend of Soul Saint's.

And this just occurred to me:

*silouette of Tainaka in school uniform*

Tainaka Tarou is a Child Error.

*does his henshin pose*

Born from the depths of despair, he encases his body in steel...

*passes the Steeldriver over his face, and leaves the glowing circle mask of Steel in its place*

...and fights for Justice and Peace of Academy City.

*cue opening theme*

Kuroko: Disgusting.
Misaka: Lame.
Saten: Heeeh... -_-
Uiharu: That's kinda cool!

Others: Heeh?!
Uiharu: ...sorry.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-04-20 at 09:29.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 06:57   Link #3250
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I kinda expected Saten to just stare in utter disbelief. Just dead-eyed =))

The interesting thing about OOO's is that the original set of medals were made by alchemists, AKA magicians, but the super medals were made by Kougami with science. Even the black set I believe. This makes it very very interesting.

Is there such a thing in canon as crystallization of AIM or magic?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-20 at 07:27.
Old 2013-04-20, 07:32   Link #3251
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I kinda expected Saten to just stare in utter disbelief. Just dead-eyed =))
Saten: Heh... -_-

Quote:
The interesting thing about OOO's is that the original set of medals were made by alchemists, AKA magicians, but the super medals were made by Kougami with science. Even the black set I believe. This makes it very very interesting.
I once pictured a magic vs science showdown with OOO vs Fourze once.
Old 2013-04-20, 07:45   Link #3252
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm using Fourze to crossover with IS, W for crossing over with Sekirei. I really do think OOO's fits with to aru verse best. Though with some modifications. Instead of medals formed from greed. They would be medals formed from the crystallization of ideals. Medals born from the personal reality of espers and crystallized magicks of mages.
Old 2013-04-20, 08:04   Link #3253
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I'm using Fourze to crossover with IS, W for crossing over with Sekirei. I really do think OOO's fits with to aru verse best. Though with some modifications. Instead of medals formed from greed. They would be medals formed from the crystallization of ideals. Medals born from the personal reality of espers and crystallized magicks of mages.
I can hear the cracks of Toaru canon breaking right there.

But I agree, OOO's can be done in Toaru with enough research into Masai magicks, just that I'm kinda busy to do that properly.
Old 2013-04-20, 08:12   Link #3254
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Accelerator medal + Kakine medal + Misaka medal = ??? !!!!!!!

that will not end well for whoever faces that
Old 2013-04-20, 08:37   Link #3255
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Isn't Fourze and Wizard a literal Magic versus Science?

=

Need to get back into topic....

I think I went a little overboard with Phantasm Mirage. I probably need to practice a little restrain.

As for Kosuke.... I wonder if I should give him some hidden "power" (in To-aru, there is quite a number of level 0 with hidden talent) or just leave him with the bare minimum (in his case, literally).

At the very least, I think I will let him be protected from the effect of Esper ability and Magic. Since he did not negate it, he still receive damages.
(Analogy: A flaming bat passed through a filter and turn into a normal bat. If somebody hit you really hard with it, still freaking hurt but at least it doesn't burn.)
Old 2013-04-20, 08:44   Link #3256
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The problem I had with wizard is that the magic he uses is a completely different system from that of canon's. With OOO's, I can just handwave the magic side medals as something that occurs when a magician forces their magic into reality in an abnormal manner. The magic medals can be created on purpose but it's not easy to do. It basically occurs during mage combat similar to how ESPer medals would occur via ESPers fighting. This is because the medals are crystallizations of their ideal, in other words the medals is the physical form of why they fight and how they fight for it.
Old 2013-04-20, 09:44   Link #3257
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Accelerator medal + Kakine medal + Misaka medal = ??? !!!!!!!

that will not end well for whoever faces that
ACCEL
KAKINE
MISAKA

AK-KI-KA

AkKiKa AKIKA XD

Quote:
The problem I had with wizard is that the magic he uses is a completely different system from that of canon's. With OOO's, I can just handwave the magic side medals as something that occurs when a magician forces their magic into reality in an abnormal manner. The magic medals can be created on purpose but it's not easy to do. It basically occurs during mage combat similar to how ESPer medals would occur via ESPers fighting. This is because the medals are crystallizations of their ideal, in other words the medals is the physical form of why they fight and how they fight for it.
I'll... just skirt the issue entirely. ^^;
Old 2013-04-20, 09:47   Link #3258
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wonder what would constitute to a combo?
Old 2013-04-20, 09:49   Link #3259
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
I wonder what would constitute to a combo?
Word of God/Answer in net movie: "If you can sing it, it's a combo"
Old 2013-04-20, 20:02   Link #3260
Dyingbreath

I wonder how much History in the Raildex universe has diverged from our own.
I mention this because in my fanfic I have mentioned WWII before and plan to mention it again soon but when you factor in magic WWII becomes such a different can of beans...
The first 2 world wars clearly happened because WWIII is called WWIII not WWI but the holocaust of WWII was effectively the purging of a religion and since magic is heavily tied to religion it seems that that would be a bad idea. Things like Kabballah have been shown to be integral to the magic of the world and Golems have been shown to clearly exist and Judaism is where they originally derive from. Even if only, perhaps, one in ten thousand is a magician at some level we're still talking about a lot of magicians to deal with and each one could do a hell of a lot of damage, especially with golems. Then you have the English who have a powerful magic organization on their side as well as the Russian Orthodox church later in the world against Germany who had no religious organization to back it and you've got what should be a very one sided war, not the bloodbath that it was.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction