AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-05, 23:10   Link #181
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Exclamation We got a blog!

Hi folks,

We're working away on the next Onikakushi release, but in the meantime I've set up a blog for our project: http://sonozakifutagotachi.blogspot.com/

We'll definitely continue to post news of releases in this thread, but we might start linking more to the blog to keep information consistent.

There's not much to see yet, but we'll try to provide more content before long.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-06, 02:24   Link #182
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hi folks,

We're working away on the next Onikakushi release, but in the meantime I've set up a blog for our project: http://sonozakifutagotachi.blogspot.com/

We'll definitely continue to post news of releases in this thread, but we might start linking more to the blog to keep information consistent.

There's not much to see yet, but we'll try to provide more content before long.

Great! is a good idea to have a blog, so you can put more updates and things like that!
Old 2008-04-06, 08:50   Link #183
Jesiah

I hope this won't be considered as OT, in case... I'm sorry!

I have a problem with installing the game: this is what i got.

The installation bar stays stopped like you see, and the installation program only creates a instlog.txt file containing this line:

Code:
C:\Programmi\higurasi4\Read???1.txt

Can you help me?
Old 2008-04-06, 09:00   Link #184
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

you need to install japanese fonts in your computer

check here

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60120
Old 2008-04-06, 09:53   Link #185
Jesiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
you need to install japanese fonts in your computer

check here

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60120
Thank you very much, now it's perfect.

But I have to reput Italian every time, because I see that this thing change keyboard commands and font on Pc.

Thank you TheAce!
Old 2008-04-06, 12:30   Link #186
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesiah View Post
Thank you very much, now it's perfect.

But I have to reput Italian every time, because I see that this thing change keyboard commands and font on Pc.

Thank you TheAce!
You only really needed to change the regional settings to do the game installation; you should be able to play the game using your normal settings. So go ahead and change the regional settings back to Italian, but keep the Japanese fonts.

If you run into similar problems again, you can try using AppLocale instead; that way it won't change your entire system settings.

Old 2008-04-06, 22:13   Link #187
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

As was mentioned, without the Japanese fonts the game finds itself unable to write the files, as it cant find the characters for the filenames. Installing the Japanese fonts and using Applocale to install it would make it work fine. You dont need to change your region (or use Applocale) to run the game - just have the fonts installed.

You can also actually remove the Microsoft IME (Input Method Editor) that it installs for the Japanese language. If you are only using it long enough to install, you dont actually need it. Go into the Regional and Language Options, goto the Languages tab, click on Details, and then click on and remove the un-needed options under "Installed services".

Also, here is the post I made on how to use Applocale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post
As always, im a bored person, and I should be doing work

Was looking around about Unicode and System Languages and all that stuff, and found a small Microsoft app that might make it much easyer to install and use Higurashi (and other Japanese games).

Microsoft AppLocale
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=17598

It can actually run any program in other Locales without you needing to change your system settings. This would be very usefull, because when you change your system locale it REQUIRES you to restart your computer, even in Vista.

It is a download link that requires a Microsoft Genuine check, but thats not too hard. When you use it, just tell it your running a program (forget about the add/remove - its too much detail) and then choose the installer.exe on the CD (or the Demo installer). Then, when it asks you what Language the program is in, just choose the very last option which should look like this...
(I honestly want to know what pain at Microsoft thought they didnt need to put the pure English in front of it)

Its fairly quick to use, and makes it alot easyer to install Higurashi (since you dont have to restart a few times)
Old 2008-04-08, 03:49   Link #188
Levon
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimu View Post
I installed both the demo and the full version to see if either would work for me, I unzipped the onscripter, and then tried to open it in the sub category, but when I open it, it closes on me right away. Do you think there is a way to solve this, or did I do something wrong?
I'm having this problem as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
How is the directory of your patch folder?
If there is several sub directory, it might be a problem for the onscripter

at worst, just copy the 2 directory line for both game main folder and the patch.
Not really understanding what your saying

The game runs perfect in Japanese but I extract the patch into the game folder & when I try open this shows up for a split second:

Then closes

Thanks for any help & thanks for the patch Sonozaki!!
Old 2008-04-08, 10:41   Link #189
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Re: Levon

Uh oh, if you unzip the patch straight into the game folder, then that overwrites some important game files. You'll need to reinstall the game.

Once you've done that, make a subfolder in the Higurashi game folder (call it 'English') and unzip the patch straight into the 'English' folder. If you find that the patch files end up in a subfolder of 'English', then move the files from that subfolder directly into the 'English' folder.

Now run 'English\onscripter-en.exe' and it should play!

Of course, let us know if you still have problems.

Old 2008-04-08, 15:28   Link #190
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Just curious, how many days of the patch have you people's finished?.....and how many are their in the full game and is the game called Onikakushi? or is it another totally different title?

Because I REALLY want to buy this game soon, but I want to buy it when this patch is finished. I played a little of your demo patch and you guys did EXCELLENT work! XDD
Old 2008-04-08, 15:50   Link #191
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

^ So far the Sonozaki Futagotachi have translated the days 1-5 as well as day 9 (there are no day 6, 7, or 8) of Onikakushi. There are 15 days in Onikakushi.

What you need to know is that there are three games in the Higurashi series. The first one is simply called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, the second one is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, and the third one, which is more or less a fandisk, is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The first game has four arcs in it, and the first one of these four arcs is called Onikakushi-hen. Then come Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen. The second game has four arcs as well, and the third one has three side stories.

And I completely agree, the Sonozaki Futagotachi are doing an excellent job
Too bad I can't play the rest of what they translated so far (I didn't get a chance to play day 4, day 5, and day 9 unfortunately, because I'm waiting for my new computer, which will have XP. Yeah, I still have 98 . And I can't play on my dad's computer anymore since I messed up his mail box by setting his computer to japanese the last time I played, for an unknown reason ). You guys are doing an amazing job, and I wanted to show you my support
Old 2008-04-08, 16:10   Link #192
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
^ So far the Sonozaki Futagotachi have translated the days 1-5 as well as day 9 (there are no day 6, 7, or 8) of Onikakushi. There are 15 days in Onikakushi.

Thanks so much! XDD

Do you know where I would possible be able to find the other chapters in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Kai and Rei? (English Patch)

Thankies! :3
Old 2008-04-08, 16:34   Link #193
Levon
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Re: Levon

Uh oh, if you unzip the patch straight into the game folder, then that overwrites some important game files. You'll need to reinstall the game.

Once you've done that, make a subfolder in the Higurashi game folder (call it 'English') and unzip the patch straight into the 'English' folder. If you find that the patch files end up in a subfolder of 'English', then move the files from that subfolder directly into the 'English' folder.

Now run 'English\onscripter-en.exe' and it should play!

Of course, let us know if you still have problems.

I see, I'm so used to overwriting files when using patches. I did find it a little strange when I replaced that large file with such a small file.
I'll try that later, thanks.

"To install a translation patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game, then double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play."

Doh
Old 2008-04-08, 16:48   Link #194
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Thanks so much! XDD

Do you know where I would possible be able to find the other chapters in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Kai and Rei? (English Patch)

Thankies! :3
Well, apparently there was a translation patch (at least the beginning of a translation patch) for Minagoroshi-hen - which is the third arc of the second game - somewhere since it's a pretty important arc, but for some unknown reasons the links to the patch all lead to an error 404. Unfortunately I don't really know what happened, or if you can still even get the patch.

Otherwise, nothing else has been translated. Although I think some parts of Matsuribayashi-hen, the last arc of Kai, have been translated, I'm pretty sure the same thing happened.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:09   Link #195
tobiast88
No patience for fools

Minagoroshi-hen was started on, then abandoned because a lot of its project's staff went AWOL. Matsuribayashi is only translated in the Kakera, "pieces" after a substantial part of the game that you read and put in proper order, and this was done so that people who only had the first anime season to go on could get closure.

However, Umineko is being translated right now. Go look for Baka-tsuki.
Old 2008-04-08, 17:39   Link #196
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post

What you need to know is that there are three games in the Higurashi series. The first one is simply called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, the second one is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, and the third one, which is more or less a fandisk, is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The first game has four arcs in it, and the first one of these four arcs is called Onikakushi-hen. Then come Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen. The second game has four arcs as well, and the third one has three side stories.

And I completely agree, the Sonozaki Futagotachi are doing an excellent job
Too bad I can't play the rest of what they translated so far (I didn't get a chance to play day 4, day 5, and day 9 unfortunately, because I'm waiting for my new computer, which will have XP. Yeah, I still have 98 . And I can't play on my dad's computer anymore since I messed up his mail box by setting his computer to japanese the last time I played, for an unknown reason ). You guys are doing an amazing job, and I wanted to show you my support
Thanks, I hope you get to read more soon . Just download the most recent patch and it'll have all the prior days too.

To add a bit to Bernkastel's answer, the demo contains the entire first arc of HIgurashi no Naku koro ni, called "Onikakushi", so if you like you can wait to purchase the first game CD until after that arc is finished.

We fully intend to keep translating the games, even through Kai and Rei if possible, since we want to read it ourselves. We've both been occupied with other things in our lives lately (like our paying jobs ), but kept at this too just at a slower pace. The pace should be picking up a bit soon, and our next release will have Day 10 & 11, so there'll be plenty of new material to read.

Thanks for the encouragement, it certainly helps to cheer us up for the work of translating and adapting the obsessive thoughts of a paranoid delusional (or is he...).

Shion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-09, 09:48   Link #197
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

As a note, if you have extracted the english patch over your Full version, you could just fix the file replaced by copying the original back off the disk. they dont compress it or anything, so its fairly easy to do.

Oh, if you have the full version you could use my installer if you want to avoid mistakes.

Schroedinger's Parcel Update:
Well, I received my under-size package a couple of days ago after ordering Higurashi Rei. Im now going to leave it on a shelf and just not open it. I dont even know if it contains what I ordered..... considering that I have got 1 wrong item for 2 ordered up until now, there is a 50/50 chance I dont even HAVE Higurashi Rei.

Its sharing shelf space with my Haruhi discs now. One day in the future, im going to be tidying up after my second house move, and just ask myself "Wait a sec, what is this?"

Bet Schroedinger didnt think of THIS predicament when he original talked about the cat....
Old 2008-04-09, 16:48   Link #198
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I thought I'd just take this time to thank you girls for this excellent work. Just try to keep out of stress' way or you might develop L5.
Old 2008-04-09, 18:03   Link #199
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I thought I'd just take this time to thank you girls for this excellent work. Just try to keep out of stress' way or you might develop L5.
Thanks! Pardon my ignorance, but what's L5?

Shion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-09, 18:19   Link #200
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

^ Level 5, the highest level of the Hinamizawa Syndrome