AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 46 36.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-29, 21:55   Link #141
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I know I might sound crazy for saying this... but I'd actually prefer if there was no OP for Umineko in the first place.

I mean... a minute and 30 seconds isn't that much, but it could still go to something much more important in the story. But that's just me, I guess it's unheard of for an anime not to have an OP?
An anime without an OP sequence is VERY rare. I maybe heard of one or two cases, but OP sequences aren't just for show - it's also for opening credits (they normally list major producers, director, etc in the OP and everything else like the VA's, art directors, etc in the ED)
Old 2009-11-29, 23:22   Link #142
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
An anime without an OP sequence is VERY rare. I maybe heard of one or two cases, but OP sequences aren't just for show - it's also for opening credits (they normally list major producers, director, etc in the OP and everything else like the VA's, art directors, etc in the ED)
Not to mention the money that flows in through sales of the OP-Single, the money that flows between the teams of the anime studios and the producers of the individual acts performing the openings.
Not to a small degree it's also about producing yourself through making openings, while many of them like doing the openings for certain shows, it's also about presenting your product to a field of people who are willing to buy.
Old 2009-11-30, 03:54   Link #143
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
7/10- amusing though I really have not much to say about it. Though the crazy Maria faces were used well here. And what's with Shannon's boobs deciding to move more this episode? The censorship shouldn't really be held against it; not like they can help that. But I'm sure the dvds will have all the sick stuff.

Rosa, you really need to know what to say to your child sometimes... Also, I took a look at next episode's preview. I can't help but laugh at Gaap's outfit. and apparently...
Spoiler:

edit: love the BGMs

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-11-30, 09:36   Link #144
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
7/10- amusing though I really have not much to say about it. Though the crazy Maria faces were used well here. And what's with Shannon's boobs deciding to move more this episode? The censorship shouldn't really be held against it; not like they can help that. But I'm sure the dvds will have all the sick stuff.

Rosa, you really need to know what to say to your child sometimes... Also, I took a look at next episode's preview. I can't help but laugh at Gaap's outfit. and apparently...
Spoiler:

edit: love the BGMs
Well,

Spoiler for ep23 preview, and little unimpressive-non spoileric information from preview, compared to VN.:
Old 2009-11-30, 10:49   Link #145
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^oooooo that sounds awesome :O! So soon. Can't wait!
it actually comes in 10 days from today ;]
Old 2009-11-30, 11:43   Link #146
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
it actually comes in 10 days from today ;]
*gasp*
noooo :'(, well...thanks for giving me the heads up haha...i guess i'll just have to wait a taaad bit longer.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:04   Link #147
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Wow that was an awsome episode. It was great for Maria to finally get to beat on Mommy for a change then getting to see the Sniveling fighting children get skipped on inheritence just made it a sweet episode.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:38   Link #148
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Okay, I finally viewed the episode. Miragecoordinator sounded epic, and Gaap sounded sexy as hell*.

*Please don't kill me for that pun.
Old 2009-11-30, 18:22   Link #149
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
I definitely enjoyed this episode, it was good to get back on track with the story after hearing about Ange for two episodes. I love Ange, but I really want to get into this arc now I'm also getting tired of having to mentally run through which Ange is which

Spoiler for episode 22:

Also: first post here ftw.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:07   Link #150
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Maybe Jessica's scenes were better animated because she barely gets any screen time?
Old 2009-12-01, 23:22   Link #151
Ljusalfheim

I liked this episode more than the three last episodes (a little bit boring ones...).
Rosa is so mean with Maria D:!!!

And I liked the first twilight :O
Old 2009-12-02, 01:53   Link #152
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It's worth noting that Rosa yelling this stuff at Maria happens only in Maria's dream. She's actually already dead at this point, obviously.

She's certainly done some horrible things, this just isn't actually one of them.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:01   Link #153
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It's worth noting that Rosa yelling this stuff at Maria happens only in Maria's dream. She's actually already dead at this point, obviously.

She's certainly done some horrible things, this just isn't actually one of them.
Well it depends how you want to interpret it. Did Beatrice really bring Maria to the magic world and let her kill Rosa repeatedly, or was it a dream?

I think it's the latter more, because

1) Rosa was in the clothes that she wore when she tore Sakutaro apart, not her Rokkenjima clothes. If Beato really revived her to let Maria kill her repeatedly then Rosa would probably be wearing her Rokkenjima attire.

2) The stuff that Rosa said - I highly doubt Rosa has complete hate for Maria. Although Maria was viewed in her eyes as an obstacle to getting a man, it's not like she had complete hate for her daughter, it was just her anger releasing onto Maria. The way the scene looks it pretty much just makes Rosa look like a disgusting being with no remorse, when we have evidence that shows otherwise in the series.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:08   Link #154
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

What I meant was (although you could make the "Beato can revive people to kill them again" argument) that even in the magic world, Rosa is dead, because she'd just gotten shot by Siesta 00.

It's anyone's guess as to what "really" happened in the dining hall, but as far as the magic explanation goes, Rosa was certainly already dead at this point.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:36   Link #155
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I always thought that was Meta-Rosa, actually. It's not like we haven't seen her before, given Ep2.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:11   Link #156
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

If there was really a "Meta-Rosa" she would have maintained her character development from EP2. Her appearance in Purgatorio for the EP2 tea was probably more like how Eva-Beato entered Purgatorio in EP3. (Also note how most characters' Purgatorio appearance in EP1 was very temporary and apparently board-specific.)

Similarly, there was too much direct board impact from that scene (Maria's mood afterward and her allusion to the scene) for it to have been "meta", which is more obvious in the VN.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:14   Link #157
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
If there was really a "Meta-Rosa" she would have maintained her character development from EP2. Her appearance in Purgatorio for the EP2 tea was probably more like how Eva-Beato entered Purgatorio in EP3. (Also note how most characters' Purgatorio appearance in EP1 was very temporary and apparently board-specific.)
That's what I meant, sorry. Rosa from the current gameboard transported to the meta-world for her 'sentence'.

Quote:
Similarly, there was too much direct board impact from that scene (Maria's mood afterward and her allusion to the scene) for it to have been "meta", which is more obvious in the VN.
Yeah, that's true. Nevermind, then.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:19   Link #158
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I honestly believe it was a dream, Maria's delusions and all that stuff. She's starting to get on my nerves at this point...she's willing to kill her mother over a stuffed doll....Rosa may have done worse things than ripping apart Sakutaro but to kill and go apeshit over a doll is something that makes me believe Maria has some issues real issues. People cheering over that kind of thing frankly disturbs me. Rosa in the dream was obviously a delusion of Maria the black witch. It's stupid how Maria tries to justify killing her mother over and over again, by saying she is possessed. If the rules of magic were real and absolute Rosa as the black witch should have been able to do something other than take Maria's death blows like a champ. Maria had nothing more than a dream a psychotic one at that.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:30   Link #159
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It's definitely pretty funny how the "black witch" doesn't seem to have any magic to speak of, even in the magic world.

Spoiler for thoughts on the dream:

By the way, who thought of NICE BOAT's TV version (with the black blood) here?
Old 2009-12-02, 03:35   Link #160
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Imho she didn't really kill her for real, simply Maria is fantasizing like many people do. When you hate someone you imagine scenes where that person suffers or dies, of course that doesn't mean you would do such things for real, but that somehow appeases the feeling of vengeance, such fantasies can actually be a good way to control the anger, by satisfying the evil thoughts in a non harmful way.

Well the depth of Maria's thoughts went kinda overboard, but she is indeed "broken" as she said. Her fantasies have reached the insanity level. Sakutaro is a metaphor of Maria's pure heart or perhaps a metaphor of her sanity. By the time Rosa ripped the stuffed lion apart, Maria literally lost it.

Closed Thread