Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-12, 15:33   Link #21
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It is far more than simply altering their memory. Tsukishima has so thoroughly inserted himself into the characters minds and psyche that they literally can perceive no reality without him. It would be like a second writer going through all the copies of Hamlet, except for one, and inserting the character Bob into every scene (with Hamlet), effectively rewriting the entire play creating something new and different. That is what Tsukishima has done. It is not simply altering their memories, but almost literally forcing the victims to relive their lives only with Tsukishima present.
Again, how is that different from just altering their memories? With enough mind altering power you could make a person believe they were actually someone else; you could alter their mind to make thiem think they were a magical mermaid their whole life and were living in the ocean. everything Tsukishima has accomplished with his past altering powers can be accomplished though mind-altering... he's just doing a VERY thorough job of it by altering every single second of their memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
He was outside the room, when everybody was inside.
He busted ichigo through one wall, and was monolouginfg as he was moving into the next room; and the others were close enough behind to stop ichigo's attacks... hard to believe that they were not within earshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Take a trip to SS...how? The only way he could get there is to find Urahara and have him open a senkaimon. But if he could simply find Urahara his problem would be solved because, well, he shouldn't have any recollection of Tsukishima either.
I don't recall Urahara making himself hard to find... sure he and Isshin have been working on something, but i don't recall anyone saying that they had no idea where he was.

Quote:
And even if that happened, depending how strong Tsukishima's hold over them is Ichigo's friends might not be lead to believe that Tsukishima has inserted himself into their memories but that everyone else's memories have of him have somehow been been erased.
Their word vs his i guess... except tsukishima's side is the one with past altering powers, as he admitted himself
Old 2011-07-12, 15:34   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

The timing of showcasing Tsukushima's underling's power is pretty unexciting.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:42   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm just waiting for someone else to show up and smack some sense into Ichigo.
Uryuu? We saw him leaving the bed he was in a chapter or so ago, and he didn't seem to have any ill-effects from being stabbed other than the life-threatening wound.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:46   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if he's brainwashed considering the wound...KT is juggling everything probably relevant behind the scenes right now. So it's just the showcase of Ichigo's many faces until then.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:50   Link #25
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

No offense, but posts like these have become a little tiresome. Last few weeks, there's all these posts about how someone read the chapter in "1 minute". First of all, anyone can easily breeze through any WSJ story in a minute, especially if they're eager to post about how fast they read it. The pace at which you read is not proof of anything.

Second, manga/comics depend on pictures as well as words. Just because there are no words on a panel, doesn't mean that panel is a waste of space. Actions, facial expressions, even pauses in conversation are part of a story as well.

Bleach tends to be really sparse when it comes to text, but this one actually had pretty normal amount of dialogue. If you want more text, then I'd recommend reading a novel.
Okay, but what I wanted to say is that chapter is really fast paced and I hoped for a bit more words and less action, that's why I am disappointed.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:56   Link #26
otacu
Flag forever

Oh wow... just the usual 1 minute to read the whole chapter.

Good job to Tsukishima for explaining his powers and his actions to Ichigo with Inoue and Chad around.

Oh you are soooo smart Kubo

The chapter was pretty boring and uneventfull since it just explains Tsukishima powers .... AGAIN and make Chad and Ichigo fight for few seconds.
In my opinion Kubo is pretty bored himeself and doesn't even have the drive to advance the plot. He is just "going with the flow" and slow down everything.

But he just LOVES to draw his characters. The color page is funny and detailed... i think he would like to just draw Bleach artbooks and stop the manga itself.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:06   Link #27
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fun chapter, it's good to see Ichigo struggling against his friends. Kinda wondering wtf is going on in Orihime's little head right now, helping a guy hated by the guy she actually loves...Other than that, yet another explanation of Tsukishima's powers, perhaps necessary for confirmation, since we've had Aizen trolling us for a few years, and apparently random deliquent A joins the fray...Btw I don't think the book of end excuses the lack of trust that is being demonstrated at the moment. Even if Tsukishima magically made himself the hero of BLEACH, he can't have erased or substituted Ichigo's presence in the lives of his friends...
Old 2011-07-12, 16:12   Link #28
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

ok, I haven't said anything bleach related in awhile... but... anyone notice how retarded this all is? This monkey is describing all the shit hes doing to people's memories and within hearing distance too, and Chad and Inoue aren't suspicious at all? Selective hearing? Convenient temporary deafness?
Old 2011-07-12, 16:23   Link #29
GDB

Lying about his obvious brainwashing abilities to make himself seem more badass, most likely.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:24   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

I like that Tsuku's using it all to his advantage and Ichigo's just leaping in. If Tsuku attacked then what would Chad and Orihime's reactions be?
Old 2011-07-12, 16:31   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh I also love Kubo's logic... It's not ok for Ichigo to hurt Tsukishima or whatever his name is, but it's ok for Chad to hurt Ichigo. A real friend would butt out and let them handle their own personal quarrel. Chosing sides is always a bad thing to do. Everyone is all of a sudden extremely unreasonable and unrelenting. It's almost as if Tsukishima made Chad his lover
Old 2011-07-12, 16:47   Link #32
kakakka

Quote:
I like that Tsuku's using it all to his advantage and Ichigo's just leaping in. If Tsuku attacked then what would Chad and Orihime's reactions be?
He "pushed"/"smashed" Ichigo through the wall in front of them though. That's not an attack?
Old 2011-07-12, 16:51   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

It's goddamn brainwashing pure and simple.
Old 2011-07-12, 17:41   Link #34
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Meh, Kyouka Suigetsu 2.0.
Old 2011-07-12, 17:44   Link #35
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
It's goddamn brainwashing pure and simple.
Yeah, but it's pretty effective. It reminded me of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode where one of the minor characters, Jonathan, uses a spell that changes the world to one where everyone remembers him as being this incredible person who could do anything. He's practically worshiped. The downside of his spell was that it created a monster that relentlessly tried to kill him....but.....well let's face it: Jonathan was a lame character, and so is Tsukishima. I can't believe I'm somehow missing Aizen's "just as planned" smugness already. ><

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Ichigo's new "power" is rather weak? I know Bleach ignores power levels in the most contradictory of ways sometimes, but really he's just kind of pathetic at the moment. I miss Zangetsu and Hichigo.
Old 2011-07-12, 18:02   Link #36
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Yeah, some people like this arc, me nothings out on that yet except I want this this little nightmare of an arc to end. I always knew that Ichigo had some problems and I somehow knew that he would have to face a scenario like this. I mean Ichigo to me is no better than other shounen male protagonist, despite some differences and similarities. Right now I'm feeling for Ichigo as he doesn't deserve to have his life completely go upside down and taken from him like this. Tsukihima still hasn't told us his motive, whatever it is, I choose to don't have to like him for it. And it will be sad if things go on and Ichigo loses everything, that will completely change him for the rest of his life.

It made me wonder if I was in a situation like that for real, I'd be disturbed like that too. Although of course I have to keep a level head to get out of this somehow, someway, but at the end of the day, I'd probably not be okay after a mindf**k, probably losing faith in myself and my friends who were affected though it can't be help if they were brainwashed. There always a reason for something, anything that else that could factor in to a person's motives to do what they did.

I feel awkward inside after reading that chapter, all I can think of is: "please let this nightmare end". Sure nightmares like this won't end that easily but it will eventually get there. Ichigo is in a nightmare that is kicking his a** right now, more than that, it is becoming an reality....and all he does is do what he can for his friends. There is flaws for his actions, but you have to give him a little credit for trying to be a real friend to those he made bonds with.

The fact that Ichigo's being made a "villians" make me think about a few times when a protagonist turned into a antagonist. There had to been something to cause that effect to happen.
Old 2011-07-12, 20:56   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Uruyu's smart as hell. I bet you all he's going to show up and PRETEND for a momment that hes on Tsuku's side then turn saying something like "At first I was confused, but I have a photographic memory, and you being in my memorise didnt seem to fit" then Orihime and chad will realize it too.

Oh, and i hope Gujiro or what ever, beats the hell out of that "punk"
Old 2011-07-12, 21:00   Link #38
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Whatever, Ichigo needs some saving at some point in time. because already I can't take it.

*edit* Well I know I need to be real patient like this, but I just want Tsuki to explain why is he after Ichigo before some intervention happens. that's all.
Old 2011-07-12, 21:05   Link #39
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I WANT RUKIA BACK!! :'( i miss her.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-07-12, 21:19   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
I WANT RUKIA BACK!! :'( i miss her.
*pats you on the shoulder* we all do my friend...we all do... but if the hint with Ichigo hearing her from the badge means anything.. shes not gone forever.