AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 02:26   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
say how reliable IS Rk95 in the arid jungle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I'm not sure on the Rk95 since the Finnish Army's the only user of it as of 2012.
Rk95 is actually pretty good for the jungle, both because it's a AK-47 derivative and it's conditioned to function in the snow.

Quote:
I still question the Galil for jungle capability myself.
Quote:
Well I do know that most of the users of the Galil nowadays come from countries that do have tropical jungles as part of their environment. I guess they are fine with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
BTW, I think Gailil is suited for jungle environment, even the TAR-21, because Vietnamese Naval Infantry choiced CTAR-21 is thier primary assault gun beside Siam and Philipine.
Aside from the Galil being an AK-47 derivative, I think the use of steel and the coatings help it survive in humid conditions.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 03:29   Link #62
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Spoiler for AN-94:

That is good when have a hot chick going around with you and become sexy gun when you need . But I don't see AEK-971 or other AK clones yet except Galil and Rk95.

BTW, I think Gailil is suited for jungle environment, even the TAR-21, because Vietnamese Naval Infantry choiced CTAR-21 is thier primary assault gun beside Siam and Philipine.
I think I just saw a shotgun.... SAIGA12 or 20. mother of god... the shotguns are badass men. WHAT WOULD THE WINCHESTER AND REMINGTONS LOOK LIKE?!

saw a TAR21 but never got to fire one before.

and why is AN94 wounded? doesnt she fire the same 5.45x39 as AK74 and AEK971? she does have that unique 2 round burst
Old 2012-04-26, 08:28   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Spoiler for AN-94:

Abakan = best Russian assault rifle around...

And the wounded one is 74....

What chapter is that and is Funko seriously trying to shoot the officer? They can't hurt humans if they are not wielded no?

Anyway, anyone here use Abakan before? Cleaning it seems to be hell...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-26 at 09:07.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 09:57   Link #64
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Abakan = best Russian assault rifle around...

And the wounded one is 74....

What chapter is that and is Funko seriously trying to shoot the officer? They can't hurt humans if they are not wielded no?

Anyway, anyone here use Abakan before? Cleaning it seems to be hell...
I think some Russian Police, secret service and several units in the Spetsnaz and GRU (are there any Russians here who are in duty?) use the AN94. too bad it uses the 'inhumane' 5.45x39 and not the commonly found 5.56x45.

well I did see the blueprints and the only thing I don't like about the design is its weird ass trigger and upper receiver... kinda looks like the upper receiver shifted forward and the grip and trigger went backward.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:12   Link #65
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I think some Russian Police, secret service and several units in the Spetsnaz and GRU (are there any Russians here who are in duty?) use the AN94. too bad it uses the 'inhumane' 5.45x39 and not the commonly found 5.56x45.

well I did see the blueprints and the only thing I don't like about the design is its weird ass trigger and upper receiver... kinda looks like the upper receiver shifted forward and the grip and trigger went backward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Q_LfbFc8M

Very interesting vid on the gun.

What inhumane? The round is just like NATO 5.56....

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-26, 11:55   Link #66
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Q_LfbFc8M

Very interesting vid on the gun.

What inhumane? The round is just like NATO 5.56....

Spoiler:
well NATO doesn't accept it tho... due to the 'inhumane' killing the bullet does.

also, DAT BARREL.
Old 2012-04-26, 13:24   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just read the first three Upotte Nano chaps last night ... and now know where some of the material from ep 1 came from that was not in the Upotte manga proper.
Old 2012-04-26, 14:31   Link #68
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Actually for the Vietnamese Naval Infantry to have the Tavor is interesting considering they use Russian/Chinese-based weapons for the rest of the military.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 23:07   Link #69
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Actually for the Vietnamese Naval Infantry to have the Tavor is interesting considering they use Russian/Chinese-based weapons for the rest of the military.
Reason is Vietnam - China's relationship gone bad due VN's East Sea conflict with China. And because Russia - China is uneasy alliance, only Russian based weapons is very dangerous if conflict become war. While the aircraft, vassal is still bought from Russia, the others small arms is bought from many countries, ex: Uzi, MP5 for spe-ops police, CTAR-21 for naval infantry and hand-made M-18 (modifed version of XM177E2) for Commano, Marine Police. AK-47 is no longer used in Vietnam, but AKM and AKM-VN (Vietnam's modified version), MGL Mk-1 for regular infantry, AR-15 / M16A1 for militia. And T-54 tank is under upgraded by Israel too .

Spoiler for :

If some Vietnames gun is bring to series, I want them join Seishun instead Red Steel.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-04-27 at 10:22.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 00:11   Link #70
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

But unless an indigenous gun had AK influences for the most part as in direct, they'll be in Red Steel.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-27, 07:07   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
well NATO doesn't accept it tho... due to the 'inhumane' killing the bullet does.

also, DAT BARREL.
I think NATO don't accept it for business reasons and the fact the round is different calibre....
Old 2012-04-27, 07:13   Link #72
Sumeragi
Banned

About the "inhumane" discussion: The 5.45 is "inhumane" because it doesn't kill living things that easily as the 5.56. Frankly, I don't see that big a difference.
Old 2012-04-27, 08:06   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Stupid if it's true....if you kill something you kill something....
Old 2012-04-27, 08:44   Link #74
Sumeragi
Banned

Would you rather be shot and get it over with, or would you rather suffer lots of pain while slowly bleeding to death?
Old 2012-04-27, 09:03   Link #75
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
About the "inhumane" discussion: The 5.45 is "inhumane" because it doesn't kill living things that easily as the 5.56. Frankly, I don't see that big a difference.
so thats the true reason of the "inhumane" claim for the 5.45 and the usual "if we can't make it, then we won't put it in the standard agreement" butthurt by NATO.

Quote:
Would you rather be shot and get it over with, or would you rather suffer lots of pain while slowly bleeding to death?
well at times it depends on the shooter though. if he wants to make you suffer, he'll just shoot you without killing you outright... rather, the hemorrhaging and shock will take care of the rest.

as for the 5.45, exit wound's similar to the 5.56 as well as the bullet tumble and hydrostatic shock.... right?

also, Panzerklein... you better spoiler big pics or a mod will tell you off.
Old 2012-04-27, 09:19   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
5.56 does that too...It's hypocritical to say it doesn't. And it's very likely if you are hit it won't be just one round. So you'll just die pretty fast anyway, unless the shooter is a rotten shot.

Anyway, the notions about "humane" and "killing" going together is disgusting. Painless and fast maybe but humane? Yes much difference it makes to the dead...

Quote:
5.45, exit wound's similar to the 5.56 as well as the bullet tumble and hydrostatic shock.... right?
5.56 is deadlier. It fragments easier so wound cavity is bigger....It's academic though...

That kind of haemorrhage kills in seconds on a torso hit...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-27 at 09:31.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:49   Link #77
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
5.56 does that too...It's hypocritical to say it doesn't. And it's very likely if you are hit it won't be just one round. So you'll just die pretty fast anyway, unless the shooter is a rotten shot.

Anyway, the notions about "humane" and "killing" going together is disgusting. Painless and fast maybe but humane? Yes much difference it makes to the dead...

5.56 is deadlier. It fragments easier so wound cavity is bigger....It's academic though...

That kind of haemorrhage kills in seconds on a torso hit...
blame the bullet, not the gun... they say.

in all seriousness, there is no such thing as "humane" in killing and never will be, but for NATO probably... shooting someone means he HAS to die to be spared from the anguish of hemorrhaging from the bullet wound.

but still... Russian designs will always be big, crude, and downright effective, regardless of class.... aint that right AK47?
Old 2012-04-27, 19:39   Link #78
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I hope to see AK47 in the Upotte ONA adaptation.

Old 2012-04-28, 09:46   Link #79
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Chapter 17 to 19 are out. And look like Sako Rk95 is the only gun usually is called by name of manufacturer rather it's name Rk95 by many ones . From this manga to A.V.A (even by me ).

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-04-28, 21:22   Link #80
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Sig's fate.:

Tags
comedy, shounen