AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 21:45   Link #721
it_happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I still think there going to use Ise's Familiar Ryuuteimaru.
i don't understand why would they use it ? if moving by magic circle would be more convenient if there master is in trouble or by plane since that's how rias got there in the first place, plus in the last volume he stated himself in the battle with the magicians it was only able to carry him.
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:03   Link #722
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_happens View Post
i don't understand why would they use it ? if moving by magic circle would be more convenient if there master is in trouble or by plane since that's how rias got there in the first place, plus in the last volume he stated himself in the battle with the magicians it was only able to carry him.
Quote:
“So will this turn into a huge airship when it grows?”

When I asked, the [Bishop] MacGregor-san answers me from the side.

“Yes, it would. Also the appearance after its growth will depend on its master’s aura and their imagination. With you who is the Sekiryuutei taking in unexpected growth and imagination, it might turn into a plane which hasn’t existed until now.”
A magic circle will not take them there in one jump, more like it dozens if not more and as far as a plane it could be delayed like how Rias had to wait for the weather to clear. So if Ise can make his Familiar change "into a plane which hasn’t existed until now" to get to Rias I think he will. But we will wait and see.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:10   Link #723
bludvein

Quote:
A magic circle will not take them there in one jump, more like it dozens if not more and as far as a plane it could be delayed like how Rias had to wait for the weather to clear. So if Ise can make his Familiar change "into a plane which hasn’t existed until now" to get to Rias I think he will. But we will wait and see.
....are you serious? You do realize that quote isn't referring to an airplane, right?

He is talking about a plane as in like a dimension.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 22:46   Link #724
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
....are you serious? You do realize that quote isn't referring to an airplane, right?
Quote:
He is talking about a plane as in like a dimension.
“More like, you can use it for that. The story is you can make it into a flying harem palace. You are aiming to make a harem, right? Then you will need a harem palace. So that is where this comes in. With how you use it, you can make it into your flying harem palace. How is it? Are you excited?”

--! A flying harem palace!? So there are things like that!? I never saw it like that! Rather, I didn’t even imagine it like that! That’s right! If I’m aiming to become a Harem King, then I will have to prepare a harem palace! And if it's a flying harem palace, that'll be the best!

“Fufufu, putting the palace aside, it will also become a good thing for transporting in the future. Even in this state, it can still fly while carrying you, who is its master.”

MacGregor-san says.

A harem palace which can also be used as transportation! Man, this will be invincible then!

“I will happily take this!”
No its no going to turn into a dimensional plane what would be the use of that.
Old 2013-10-31, 22:53   Link #725
bludvein

The context is all wrong. Its already a flying ship, so saying it could become a plane "that hasn't existed until now" makes absolutely no sense if its referring to an airplane.

Really, I didn't realize people could actually read it any other way. The DxD wiki also says the same. I realize thats not terribly reliable, but it also indicates most people read it the same way.

EDIT: There is plenty of uses for a dimension accessible only by Ise and people he allows in. Its difficult to enter other dimensions, so it provides safety and living space. It makes more sense than a flying ship at any rate, considering Ise can actually fly himself when he eventually gets around to learning. Plus he can use a magic circle if he is really in a hurry. So then what is the sense of a flying ship, style points?

Besides, it was only said that it might happen, not that it definitely will.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-10-31 at 23:07.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 23:02   Link #726
Tbolt

If you read it in the context of the text and them talking about it flying, I really don't know where you would get it changing into a dimensional plane. Right now its a flying sailing ship, buts its all good I enjoy the banter.
Old 2013-11-01, 01:27   Link #727
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
If you read it in the context of the text and them talking about it flying, I really don't know where you would get it changing into a dimensional plane. Right now its a flying sailing ship, buts its all good I enjoy the banter.
well what ever Ryuuteimaru take form i will be happy, speaking of which when vol 16 is fully translated gonna update that tread
Old 2013-11-01, 01:33   Link #728
Ickarium

I'm wondering if Ravel will be left at home or if she's going to go with Romania with everyone else.

I'm kind of hoping she goes with.
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 01:43   Link #729
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I'm wondering if Ravel will be left at home or if she's going to go with Romania with everyone else.

I'm kind of hoping she goes with.
I want to see her go also, I want to see her get pissed off when someone hits Ise and she Flames them. Mmmmmm roasted vampire.
Old 2013-11-01, 01:52   Link #730
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I want to see her go also, I want to see her get pissed off when someone hits Ise and she Flames them. Mmmmmm roasted vampire.
i wonder if she follow them in rommania coz you know they want to kidnap her and research her clan's phoenix tear, i wonder if ravel is porwer, technique, support or wizard

probably wizard coz she has pyrokinesis and aerokinesis power, support also she can make phoenix tear on certain condition ._. , i wonder if she has healing flame ?
Old 2013-11-01, 02:19   Link #731
Ickarium

I wouldn't mind if she had a 'healing' ability similar to say the Phoenix Resurrection or whatever ability in Blade Dance.

Basically, that ability totally recovered you, but it was a fake recovery. You could go from exhausted to fine. But once the power ran out, you were even WORSE off than you were before stamina-wise, totally exhausted.

Though ... I wonder if Issei can boost/transfer the Phoenix recovery ability. THAT would be interesting. Imagine him dual-boosting and transferring Ravel and Asia.
Old 2013-11-01, 02:22   Link #732
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if she had a 'healing' ability similar to say the Phoenix Resurrection or whatever ability in Blade Dance.

Basically, that ability totally recovered you, but it was a fake recovery. You could go from exhausted to fine. But once the power ran out, you were even WORSE off than you were before stamina-wise, totally exhausted.

Though ... I wonder if Issei can boost/transfer the Phoenix recovery ability. THAT would be interesting. Imagine him dual-boosting and transferring Ravel and Asia.
im curious too if she has that ability i gonna reread vol 12 for that ._. well probably that will be her powerup in future novel if she didnt used/not learn yet in vol 12 ,in future vol of hs dxd
Old 2013-11-01, 03:15   Link #733
Ickarium

Thinking about it, Ravel was KO'd fairly easily in LN14, so she likely has a far weaker version. Riser needed to get hit with boosted holy water and a cross to get KO'd. She didn't. But he is in his twenties, so it's likely that while hers is weaker, she can grow stronger.

Really though, this sort of thing is what I'm really looking forward to for LN16. I mean the badass stuff we've seen in spoiler boxes is fun, of course! But I really want to see Issei/Ravel interaction, Issei/Rias interaction, and so on. Things like the 'fix Issei's issues with Reynare' scene in LN10, or the 'Asia's First Kiss' scene in LN6, or such.

The personal touches are IMO, the best.
Old 2013-11-01, 08:34   Link #734
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Lol, I always read "it might turn into a plane which hasn’t existed until now.” as referring to a type of airplane that has yet to exist, such as a flying harem palace (which may not look like a conventional airplane, but according to Google would still be classified as an airplane), because they were talking about flying and the fact Ryuuteimaru is a flying sail boat.

Quote:
Thinking about it, Ravel was KO'd fairly easily in LN14, so she likely has a far weaker version. Riser needed to get hit with boosted holy water and a cross to get KO'd. She didn't. But he is in his twenties, so it's likely that while hers is weaker, she can grow stronger.

Really though, this sort of thing is what I'm really looking forward to for LN16. I mean the badass stuff we've seen in spoiler boxes is fun, of course! But I really want to see Issei/Ravel interaction, Issei/Rias interaction, and so on. Things like the 'fix Issei's issues with Reynare' scene in LN10, or the 'Asia's First Kiss' scene in LN6, or such.

The personal touches are IMO, the best.
Yep, I think that's the kind of thing everyone loves about DxD. I know I do! It's also nice to see some major plot developments again, and I'm curious about how the training for Team DxD will work. Sounds like it'll be very intense but very productive for everyone.

Last edited by Gary29; 2013-11-01 at 08:51.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 09:38   Link #735
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

Quote:
Even though she hasn’t come to her senses, the first year girl mutters.

“……I was caught by suspicious looking people……and Koneko-san, Gasper-kun, and Ravel-san, saved me and……”

――! Koneko-chan, Gasper, Ravel! So this girl was taken hostage and……!

“Koneko-chan and the other two were covered by lights along with those weird people who were cosplaying as magicians, and then disappeared!”

A student who is observing the situation of the corridor from the classroom’s door tells me.

……So they were taken hostage and got taken away……!
i been reading that ravel got Ko really easy so i went to check that again ..
and this is what appear .. i don't think there was much of a fight
after that it is mentioned that gasper got beaten up when he was protecting them but their is nothing about koneko or ravel fighting just gasper ..
Old 2013-11-01, 10:08   Link #736
Tbolt

Quote:

It won't happen since Ise cannot transfer abilities just power ups. If he had that ability he would have used it with Asia's abilities in the past. IMHO

Last edited by Tbolt; 2013-11-01 at 10:19.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:29   Link #737
Ickarium

True enough! I was thinking of the imagery in the anime when I typed that, where he seems to absorb Kiba's blades and then use a boosted version of it, but that can be just assumed to be imagery and nothing more, he was boosting the initial ability.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:46   Link #738
kikix

Raiser was not KO'd (knocked out). He had his body destroyed. Ravel didn't have her body destroyed, she have been knocked out.

Phoenix have power that allows them to restore damage done to their body as long as they maintain their will to fight. I never saw anything stating that it protects them from losing consciousness, though. Those are two entirely different things.

And yes, Ravel being a non-combatant (remember, she never even fought herself while in Raisers peerage, though she certainly have some power as a high-class devil) means that she would be very easy to knock out.

As for Ryuuteimaru, the meaning of that "plane" does not matter. What stops it from being both an airplane and a separate dimension? Something like popular in RPG's bag of holding. Small and light on the outside, a huge storage space for anything on the inside.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:57   Link #739
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
Raiser was not KO'd (knocked out). He had his body destroyed. Ravel didn't have her body destroyed, she have been knocked out.

Phoenix have power that allows them to restore damage done to their body as long as they maintain their will to fight. I never saw anything stating that it protects them from losing consciousness, though. Those are two entirely different things.

And yes, Ravel being a non-combatant (remember, she never even fought herself while in Raisers peerage, though she certainly have some power as a high-class devil) means that she would be very easy to knock out.

As for Ryuuteimaru, the meaning of that "plane" does not matter. What stops it from being both an airplane and a separate dimension? Something like popular in RPG's bag of holding. Small and light on the outside, a huge storage space for anything on the inside.
Raiser had his face destroyed and his will to fight broken by Ise, But Raiser was still healed its an automatic function.
Quote:
He has trauma after being defeated by Ise-sama and he doesn’t talk about anything related to Dragons. I would understand if he holds a grudge instead. But he’s scared you know?
We don't know that Ravel was knocked out.
Quote:
“Koneko-chan and the other two were covered by lights along with those weird people who were cosplaying as magicians, and then disappeared!”
And what, if anything Ryuuteimaru turns into is still to be seen, we all have our opinions.
Old 2013-11-01, 20:25   Link #740
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Raiser had his face destroyed and his will to fight broken by Ise, But Raiser was still healed its an automatic function.
True because he never though that someone will use the weakness against him "ehem boosted holy cross & holy water "

Quote:
We don't know that Ravel was knocked out.
true there main objective is to kidnap ravel due to her relation to phenex clan's item "phoenix tear"

Quote:
And what, if anything Ryuuteimaru turns into is still to be seen, we all have our opinions.
yup though we could speculate Ryuuteimaru evolution before vol 16 translation if not then we could wait for future vols and see authors thoughts about Ryuuteimaru evolution/growth/mutation

Last edited by kusabireika; 2013-11-01 at 20:35.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation