AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 22:35   Link #4761
theshow_luffy

wait was it his sword or fist tht turned him to ash??
theshow_luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 04:59   Link #4762
bigdeal000
malefic

I sometimes forget that Bleach has good moments...
I never gave any attention to Zabimaru's split personality so this idea of "foreshadowing" came out of nowhere and seemed a bit too good to be true.
I thought it was just a coincidence. (If that's so, lucky Kubo, something makes sense this arc and he doesn't even know it )
Yeah, more consistency and a bit more focus on Renji and his sword would have been a really nice lead to this...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:03   Link #4763
RobotCat
In a Box

The good thing is with the way his Bankai turned out, it looks like he'll be able to win a few more battles before all his tricks run out.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:10   Link #4764
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

scary bankai...

well.. it's Renji
We always know with his new power, he won't win against Byakuya (which would return stronger as well)

He won't get any easier fight anymore
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 13:04   Link #4765
shalala

I too also like Renji's new bankai. Though I would like to have known how it would look like if his sword didn't break and he was able to learn its true name. Surely it would have been stronger if he did. Also this brings up another question that would be who else doesn't know their bankai's true name.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 15:51   Link #4766
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Well, Yamamoto did say he was the CC of the 30th Gotei 13 at some point, if I remember correctly,

With regards to half its name being used, we do have a precedent for that, albeit only in Shikai.
When was this stated? As far as I know
1st division: Yama, Shunui
2nd division: ?, yoruichi, soifon
3rd division: ?, rose, Gin,
4th division: Kirinji, Unohana
5th division: ?, Shinji, Aizen
6th division: Ginrei (possibly), ?, Byakuya
7th division: ?, Love, Komamaru
8th division: ?, Shunsui
9th division: ?, Kensei, Tousen
10th division: ?, Isshin, Toshiro
11th division: Unohana,....., Kenpachi (11th captain of the squad)
12th division: Hikifune, Urahara, Mayuri
13th division: ?, Joshiro Ukitake

Don't see where the 30th Gotei is coming from. Scan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Nobody loves you renji. Nobody - NOT EVEN YOUR DAMN SWORD.
Lol sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The pills were sent to all Captains and VCs, and while we didn't see Byakuya using it, we did see Äs Nödt reacting like the other Bankai stealers did, like he(?) felt the Bankai being returned.
Darn it you ninja'd me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I too also like Renji's new bankai. Though I would like to have known how it would look like if his sword didn't break and he was able to learn its true name. Surely it would have been stronger if he did. Also this brings up another question that would be who else doesn't know their bankai's true name.
Probably everyone besides the original gotei 13 and Choujiro, I figure.
Old 2014-01-16, 16:45   Link #4767
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

Divisions have nothing to do with it.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 17:05   Link #4768
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

There's no such line in chapter 394. You're probably reading bad scans.
Old 2014-01-16, 19:11   Link #4769
Alchemist007
*Author

Know it's name and it'll listen regardless eh?
Old 2014-01-16, 20:34   Link #4770
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Welp, Renji had his power up moment. Time to amp up Byakushi
Old 2014-01-16, 20:34   Link #4771
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Mistranslation. The panel in question, Chapter 394, page 6, last panel (bottom left):

Quote:
Original:
Yamamoto: 何故 儂が千年
Yamamoto: 護廷十三隊総隊長を務めとると思うとる

Romanization:
Yamamoto: Naze washi ga san'nen mo
Yamamoto: Gotei juusan tai no soutaichou o tsutometoru to omoutoru?

Translation:
Yamamoto: Why do you think
Yamamoto: I am still serving as Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 after a thousand years?
Don't know where they got it wrong, as it's a pretty straightforward translation, even for Bleach, which I usually find comparatively easy to translate (Kemeko Deluxe it is not). Only (minor) complication is Yamamoto's non-standard dialect, which is barely even evident in these two bubbles (which they all got right, anyway, at least in all the translations I've seen of that passage).

All I can think is they saw "十三" (13), brain-farted, and decided to put 30 ("三十") in there as well as the stock "Gotei 13" callout.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-01-16 at 20:46.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:08   Link #4772
itachi-san314

Quote:
Don't know where they got it wrong, as it's a pretty straightforward translation, even for Bleach, which I usually find comparatively easy to translate (Kemeko Deluxe it is not). Only (minor) complication is Yamamoto's non-standard dialect, which is barely even evident in these two bubbles (which they all got right, anyway, at least in all the translations I've seen of that passage).

All I can think is they saw "十三" (13), brain-farted, and decided to put 30 ("三十") in there as well as the stock "Gotei 13" callout.
^thanks! I remember that the show got it correct. he definitely started the gotei 13 as the 1 and only CC
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 23:29   Link #4773
Meltyred

Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 00:03   Link #4774
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:

Don't know where 30th CC is coming from but on mangafox:

Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.

Well quigonkenny ninja'd me. But yeah. Thanks quigonkenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
If that turns out to be true don't know if the transcendent thing is worse or that possibly.

As much as I like Renji that powerup he got was way too much.

Then again Kubo doesn't know how to scale so meh.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:33   Link #4775
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post

Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:57   Link #4776
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
Old 2014-01-21, 12:47   Link #4777
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
Scared, worried, confused, etc. (Surprised, and so on).

Most VC's and below were probably scared. Many VCs and captains were probably confused. And the older ones were probably just worried.

Not to mention Yamaji just like WB & Rayliegh was nerfed. Unless they have a flashback of these dues in there primes we won't ever know what they were really capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
Its cool dude. I was just surprised.

Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
Old 2014-01-21, 14:01   Link #4778
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.

So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
Old 2014-01-21, 14:36   Link #4779
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.
You're right.

Quote:
So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
My apologies. I should have said PURE conjecture on my part.

Yea I was just using mangafox to disclaim the earlier notion of Yama being the "30th" CC of SS. He was the first and only one for well however old SS was.

Up until his death.

Yeah again I agree it is almost highly unlikely even if the resting of the universe is true. Bleach being rest 30 times is less likely more like 3 to 5 times I figure at most.
Old 2014-01-22, 05:48   Link #4780
Knjaz

Well, last chapter explains quite some stuff, I guess....
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter