Kaijin
かいじん

Ultraviolet: Code 044

Didn't see this thread, so here you go:

ULTRAVIOLET: CODE 044
ウルトラヴァイオレット:Code044

Official Web Site: http://uvcode044.jp/

You can watch the teaser trailer
here (let me know if the link is broken)

You can also watch the trailer at Animax's site: http://www.animax.co.jp/campaign/ultraviolet/

Spoiler for Teaser Poster (not much to see really):

According to Moon Phase:
Begins airing July 1st on ANIMAX
12 Episodes

It will be an adaptation of the Milla Jovovich movie.
Short Summary from ANN: 044 is a female warrior genetically engineered with high combat skills and ordered by the government to annihilate a vampire army.

Animation Production: Madhouse Studios

Director: DEZAKI, Osamu
Character Design: SUGINO, Akio
Cast (so far): PAKU, Romi as 044

Additional Information can be found at ANN

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-25 at 17:59.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:50   Link #2
Kenn
Stomp

<_< don't link from other sites...
character design looks kinda funny

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:55   Link #3
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Design almost feels more...western? If that makes any sense. But it's hard to tell from the very brief clips in the teaser. Still, it can't be any worse than the movie. Not even Milla could save that disaster. ><
Old 2008-04-23, 22:38   Link #4
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Design almost feels more...western? If that makes any sense. But it's hard to tell from the very brief clips in the teaser. Still, it can't be any worse than the movie. Not even Milla could save that disaster. ><
The only thing good about the movie WAS Milla. The movie is still complete suckage.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 04:27   Link #5
Happy_Chip

Is anyone planning on fansubbing this?
Happy_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 05:06   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

When I saw the movie Ultraviolet my response was that it would have been better as an anime. I guess someone from Madhouse must have thought the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post
Is anyone planning on fansubbing this?

Obviously.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 16:18   Link #7
Happy_Chip

I guess I'm a n00b
(sorry 'bout that)
Old 2008-04-24, 17:15   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Then here's some good information that every newbie should know. While nearly every obviously popular show (like this one) gets fansubbed, there's a wiki that some fansubbers use to try to minimize oversubbing.

If you check out the Who Subs What wiki you can see which fansub groups have already declared their intention to sub some Summer shows. It's still early, so the listings for Summer are still quite incomplete, also not every group bothers to list their intentions on that wiki. Despite its incomplete nature, it is still useful from time to time.

Nobody has yet specified that they are subbing Ultraviolet Code 044, but that will change.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-25, 05:13   Link #9
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The only thing good about the movie WAS Milla. The movie is still complete suckage.
Truth! Though to be fair, some of the action was fun to watch. ^^
Old 2008-04-25, 06:06   Link #10
Happy_Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Truth! Though to be fair, some of the action was fun to watch. ^^
I thought the movie was very stylish visually, they put a lot of effort into getting it to look good. The issue was the plot and characterization were a bit incoherent. I've read that they did a hatchet job in the editing, so maybe that's part of it. For UV herself (Milla's character) I really couldn't get a feel for who she was, in a figurative sense if you follow me (is she a tough revolutionary? or a sensitive misunderstood soul? or both? or neither?) I was left thinking, the filmmakers weren't entirely sure themselves...

[oh and NoSanninWa thanks for the link]
Old 2008-04-27, 07:30   Link #11
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
When I saw the movie Ultraviolet my response was that it would have been better as an anime. I guess someone from Madhouse must have thought the same thing.
lol I swear I had the same feeling. I watched in at the theater and all the time was thinking "is this a live-action animation or what O_o". But I did like the stunts at the movies and indeed it would be better in animation. So looking forward to see how this will turn out ^_^;
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:57   Link #12
Icehawk

The movie was utter garbage, probably the worst movie I have ever paid money to see to be really honest. They had better be changing or going at this in a very different approach then the movie because it was just awful in live action.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 19:45   Link #13
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Short Summary from ANN: 044 is a female warrior genetically engineered with high combat skills and ordered by the government to annihilate a vampire army.
lol

Short on cliched stereotypes are we?

The summary sounds so B-rate it might actually be good.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 20:57   Link #14
Happy_Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
The movie was utter garbage, probably the worst movie I have ever paid money to see to be really honest.
I'm curious, have you ever seen "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever"? If not, then you don't know what garbage truly is

At least in UV, when people are fighting, they don't just wave their arms randomly while the cameraman violently bounces the camera to make it seem like it's an exciting fight scene. Like they do in 'Ecks vs. Sever'. (UV doesn't have a stupid title either).
Old 2008-05-01, 03:16   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
The movie was utter garbage, probably the worst movie I have ever paid money to see to be really honest. They had better be changing or going at this in a very different approach then the movie because it was just awful in live action.
Wow. Lucky you! I only wish I hadn't seen worse movies.

Old 2008-05-01, 03:34   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality

Only checking this out this Summer because of Romi Paku.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 04:11   Link #17
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's a good reason by my way of thinking.

Old 2008-05-01, 17:14   Link #18
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Wow. Lucky you! I only wish I hadn't seen worse movies.
I have technically seen worse, I just havent PAID to see them Mila herself was hot as always, but that doesn't do anything for me, its like seeing a lone red rose blooming up close and then zooming out revealing it to be stuck in a massive field of steaming shit surrounded by butchered rotting corpses. As a movie everything about it was just far worse than I imagined. It's not like I even had high expectations for the movie either, I just wanted something entertaining to watch on a weekend but it just didn't happen, it wasnt even entertaining in a cheezy way, it was just terrible in every respect to me.

I suppose it might have helped had I read up a little on the plot of the original comics or whatever it was that it was based off of as I wen't into it not knowing anything about the characters or the universe of it. But even still, I would think fans of the comics would have been let down just as much by the way they did that movie.

Quote:
I'm curious, have you ever seen "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever"? If not, then you don't know what garbage truly is
I was tempted to go see it back in the day when it first came out but I read some reviews and read up on what alot of others thought about it online and thankfully chose not to waste my time.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 20:38   Link #19
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

UV is famous for the fights and action scenes so I hope that the anime can be just as good or better.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:40   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Like others, my main reason for checking this out is Paku Romi. But Seki Tomokazu is a draw, too. And the director is famous old-time director Dezaki Osamu, who directed Ashita no Joe, Ace wo Nerae, Rose of Versailles, the AIR and Clannad movies, a number of Lupin III shows and the great yuri melodrama Oniisama-e. So that is intriguing, too.

Here's a photo of the main cast of the anime: (l-r) Seki Tomokazu, Paku Romi, Koyama Rikiya (click to enlarge).

Paku Romi has dubbed the voice of Mila Jovovich in the Japanese versions of most of her movies.

They are well advanced with the recording, having finished ep3 by 11 June. The photo is from an interview on dengeki.com.

And as for subs, Happy_Chip, don't feel like a n00b. We're all n00bs in one way or another. Nobody knows everything. However, the fansub wiki says that Moetaku and Ureshii both have tentative plans to sub it.

By the way, my blog's summer 2008 preview has all this information, and full info on all the other summer shows, too. It's not the most amusing season preview, but I think it is the most informative.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-26 at 11:56.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action