AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 12:56   Link #321
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Another subject I would like to adress is Haruki's reason for capturing Mitsuru. I believe it was discussed before that he'd do so to make him more GAR. I disagree with this decision. Haruhi originally captured Mikuru to serve as a 'cute mascot' Mitsuru can still fill this role, only this time to atract the female part (he has Kyonko suplying the atraction for the male part) girls are inherently atracted to cute things, and Mitsuru is nothing if not cute.
Well we're gonna have Haruki fail miserably at trying to make Mitsuru more manly. Except maybe in the suave host club department. The main draw for Mitsuru is still the shota-trap element, and Haruki's attempts to try and infuse the element of GAR will backfire, leading into more fangirl squee.

That sort of thing.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:05   Link #322
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think we're mostly agreed on Haruki and Kyonko.

Yuki becoming Yuuki strikes my fancy as well. Nagato could become Nagato-kun.

Itsuki is can be used as a female first name, so I don't really see a need to change this (chan can be added when we need to differ the two)

Mikuru... I like Mitsuru myself.
So far I've seen no objections to "Haruki Suzumiya", "Yuuki Nagato", and "Ryou Asakura".

"Kyonko" is an odd case, since it seems to be too obviously derived from "Kyon" for it to have come about "naturally", but it seems to be the popular choice. (If it were up to me, I'd change it to "Kyou", but that may sound too "normal".)

For Mikuru, I'm obviously partial to "Minoru", but "Mitsuru" seems to be more popular. I'm willing to change over, but I'll need confirmation on that.

I'd really, really prefer it if there's a change in Itsuki's name for the genderswap, since it's hard enough keeping the pronouns consistent when writing the fanfic. It helps me from getting confused while writing about Female Itsuki and inadvertantly picturing Male Itsuki.

I really like "Mitsuki", but "Itsuko" could work. Again, I'd need confirmation.

I have more random thoughts to mention, but it's two in the morning here and I need to try to get to sleep. Maybe if I fail to do so, I'll hammer something out.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:10   Link #323
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Tsuki - Volume 1 Chapter 1
By the way, Kyon would be me. My aunt was the one who first called me that. A few years ago, my long-time-no-see aunt suddenly said to me "My goodness, Kyon has grown so big!" My sister thought it was funny and also started to call me Kyon. After that the rest is history— my friends, upon hearing my sister calling me Kyon, decided to follow her lead. From that day on, my nickname became Kyon. Damn it, my sister used to call me "Onii-chan"!
This is the original. The thought of Kyonko once being called Onee-chan... mmm...

Old 2008-03-05, 13:10   Link #324
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyou not only sounds way too normal, it's also either another way to say Kagami or it is simply going to make people think of Kyou Fujibayashi.

EDIT 1: There. augh.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-05 at 13:28. Reason: Changed it according to DJRX's suggestion
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:14   Link #325
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Oh man...Outer Cadia is invading....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Computer club is a bit of a problem. Firstly you could search for a thousand years and probably not find an all-female computer club. Especially if they're all as hot as in some of that fanart. And how will they be extorted? Pictures of sexual harrassment wouldn't work. I'm thinking Haruki will steal the president's "D drive" and dig up some really nasty material to extort her with. However this will waste an important Mikuru-moment. And already the fact that Haruki is extorting a group of girls is hard to swallow.

And in Day of Sagittarius, it's a bit strange for an all-female computer club to be developing real-time strategy games, or to try getting back at the SOS-dan with such methods. It also kinda feels like Haruki would more likely laugh off their challenge than accept it. Something for you folks to think about, my imagination is at a dead end.
Hmmm...one solution I can think of is the Computer Club members either have a love for yaoi and/or cross-dressing bishies (like Princess princess) and Haruki exploits this by tossing Mitsuru at the president in a dress or osmething and then threatens to expose the pictures he just took as them forcing Mitsuru do dress like that. Or something along those lines
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:17   Link #326
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
So far I've seen no objections to "Haruki Suzumiya", "Yuuki Nagato", and "Ryou Asakura".

"Kyonko" is an odd case, since it seems to be too obviously derived from "Kyon" for it to have come about "naturally", but it seems to be the popular choice. (If it were up to me, I'd change it to "Kyou", but that may sound too "normal".)

For Mikuru, I'm obviously partial to "Minoru", but "Mitsuru" seems to be more popular. I'm willing to change over, but I'll need confirmation on that.

I'd really, really prefer it if there's a change in Itsuki's name for the genderswap, since it's hard enough keeping the pronouns consistent when writing the fanfic. It helps me from getting confused while writing about Female Itsuki and inadvertantly picturing Male Itsuki.

I really like "Mitsuki", but "Itsuko" could work. Again, I'd need confirmation.

I have more random thoughts to mention, but it's two in the morning here and I need to try to get to sleep. Maybe if I fail to do so, I'll hammer something out.
Ryou sounds fine to me.

Kyonko, I believe, started out as a popular method of calling genderbend guys (Like Archerko, which came up in the Nanoha OC-thread not so long ago) I personally like the obvious name referal.

For that reason, I also prefer 'Mitsuru' as it is closer to Mikuru then Minoru

Mitsuki instead of Itsuki is a good one, I support Mitsuki.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:19   Link #327
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Kyou not only sounds way too normal, it's also either another way to say Kagami or it is simply going to make people think of Kyou Fujibayashi.

Is this any better now? This one is noticeably harder to doctor due to working with awkward view angle.
I see what you did with the hair a little bit, but that's not quite it. I think the eyes need to be softer and rounder. Let's experiment with that a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
(edit: )
Oi Oi! Come on panzer! Don't give up on me now! Yours is vector art that will pierce the heavens!

Edit again: What'd I tell ya? Now all we need is red blush marks

Oh yeah, please just refer to me as RmX.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-03-05 at 13:31.
Old 2008-03-05, 13:26   Link #328
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Soooo, Mitsuki, Itsuko, or Atsuko?

I think we're mostly agreed on the others.

Also, I still think Kyon should still be "Kyon". It's feminine enough already.

Obviously, we're going to call her "Kyon-ko" out of context, but...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:29   Link #329
Shinn87
Death

+1 for Itsuko >_>

Shinn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:33   Link #330
Raijinken
Victoria's secret weapon

For names, how about 'Kyo-loli'?

Alright, bad joke, but for Itsuki, I kinda like the name 'Satsuki'. Sounds just origional enough I think.
Raijinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:35   Link #331
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyololi ->KyoAni? Suddenly, we're back to the whole KyouAni thing again.
RmX: will keep that in mind. Tengen Toppa~ Who on earth do you think this is?

Kaisos Erranon: Put Ruri and Rei together and the results... now I am starting to visualize it.

Nico coins Haruki also as Haruhiko btw.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-05 at 14:25.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:39   Link #332
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I think it is a good thing to have the names look alike, that way it is easilly recognisable whom the character was bend from. And like Dkellis pointed out, it is also a good idea to have the names not be identical to their originals.
Old 2008-03-05, 13:46   Link #333
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Kyo-loli is fitting, but not one we can actually use in-verse.

Also, TV Tropes has an entry for characters like her.

Should make it a bit easier...
Old 2008-03-05, 13:56   Link #334
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
1 vote for Itsuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijinken View Post
Alright, bad joke, but for Itsuki, I kinda like the name 'Satsuki'. Sounds just origional enough I think.
Satsuki seems too different for me...
________
vaporizer reviews

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 19:58.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:43   Link #335
Raijinken
Victoria's secret weapon

...Well, I guess it does look a little too different. I was going by sound. Yeah, I can imagine...

"Satsuki? Who the hell is that?!"
Raijinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 14:51   Link #336
Legacy|iB
Calgary Flames Fan

Itsuko sounds good.

I like the name. For me, it sounds like a play on 'Itsuki-ko' and can be shortened to Itsuko rather well, and it's at least close enough to Itsuki without being too different.

So, +1 for Itsuko
Legacy|iB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 15:00   Link #337
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

I suppose it's time for me to vote Itsuko as well.

I prefer the preservation of the characters' initials above all else. Plus in my head I'll be thinking "Itsuki-chan" anyway.

Old 2008-03-05, 15:30   Link #338
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I suppose it's time for me to vote Itsuko as well.

I prefer the preservation of the characters' initials above all else. Plus in my head I'll be thinking "Itsuki-chan" anyway.
I vote Itsuko too.

I think it's pretty well official.

Sorry, Raijinken.
Old 2008-03-05, 15:49   Link #339
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Itsuko it is.

Now, what about Mikuru? Mitsuru or Minoru?

I vote Mitsuru
Old 2008-03-05, 16:02   Link #340
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Not sure about that one, the way I see it:

Pro: Already a 'Koi no Minoru Densetsu'
Con: Already a 'Koi no Minoru Densetsu'
________
Ducati 996

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 19:58.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan