AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 03:06   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 231 Discussion Thread

Ohiyo gozaimasu mina-sama! This new anime-original arc had a very good start. Now for us to find out if this arc will be able to sustain itself and if it will be able to avoid the impending doom of mediocrity unlike the previous anime-original arcs? The episode title for this week is fascinating. Of course it is. It concerns Byakuya-sama. That said, however, many of us are eagerly waiting for when (or if) Kenpachi will make his appearnce and how he will fit into this story. I personally believe nothing will change about Kenpachi's status in regards to zanpakuto even if he plays a big role in this arc. And also, there is the old man.... How will this ordeal affect his ability as a shinigami? Right now shinigami's that rely on their zanpakuto a lot are in trouble just because they can draw that extra boost in power from knowing the name of their zanpakuto. There is also the other nagging question such as if zanpkuto-names are needed to be identified by the sword wielder before it/they get their shot at physical manifestation. For example, can Kenpachi's zanpakuto make its physical appearance even though he doesn't know the name of it? I guess we will find out soon enough.

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2009-08-04, 03:39   Link #2
Gin
*Artist

So excited for this episode and so frustrated because I can't find this episode
Old 2009-08-04, 05:21   Link #3
Nindel

This arc's gunna be awesome, just hope it doesn't get stuffed up!!

Best of hopes
Old 2009-08-04, 07:19   Link #4
Gin
*Artist

Just saw the raw, I liked Rukia's zanpaktou standing in front of the moon just like Rukia did.
Old 2009-08-04, 07:20   Link #5
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

*prays for Zangitsu fighting action and prays hard* please god let Zangitsu do some kind of fighting >< I wonna see him use Getsuga tensho.
Old 2009-08-04, 07:29   Link #6
Gin
*Artist

Kazeshini is so cool I need subs for this episode now!
EDIT:
my favorite part of this episode
Spoiler for awesomeness:

EDIT #2:
I just had a thought (a rare occasion for me) could Marumasa be Yoruichi's zanpaktou? And the reason she doesn't carry a zanpaktou is because she was helping Urahara with an experiment and now its evil?

Last edited by Gin; 2009-08-04 at 08:43.
Old 2009-08-04, 08:22   Link #7
Aqua Knight

Great episode but what's with that utterly poitnless Ichiruki shit in it? Jeez, now any filler has it as well as the movie safe the 1st one.
I hate all this I-want-to-save-SS-because-Rukia-was-hurt-so-wait-for-me-Rukia stuff that Ichigo blabers , it makes him look pathetic. All his previous reasons for fight were at least a bit better.
Old 2009-08-04, 08:25   Link #8
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Great episode but what's with that utterly poitnless Ichiruki shit in it? Jeez, now any filler has it as well as the movie safe the 1st one.
I hate all this I-want-to-save-SS-because-Rukia-was-hurt-so-wait-for-me-Rukia stuff that Ichigo blabers , it makes him look pathetic. All his previous reasons for fight were at least a bit better.
They made up for it with the RukiaxRenji moment that I captured and put in the spoile of my previous post
Old 2009-08-04, 08:27   Link #9
kitten320

Nice episode^^ I'm kinda happy that not all shinigami were fighting their own zanpanktuo. Although I really wanted to see what Suzumebachi with her size could do

Tobiume loos mad like from some horror movie!

And yay! Soi Fon VS Kazeshini! What else could I wish for? Only if it was a bit longer.

Although episode would be much better without Ichigo in it. And it looks like next week he also will spoil everything with his super hero appearence -_-

Oh! Sode no Shirayuki was cooler than I expected. Hope she will freeze Ichigo's a$$.
Old 2009-08-04, 08:41   Link #10
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
They made up for it with the RukiaxRenji moment that I captured and put in the spoile of my previous post
Yep, that was priceless

The grapchics are well-done even canon material sometimes have worse graph.
Old 2009-08-04, 08:56   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I just had a thought (a rare occasion for me) could Marumasa be Yoruichi's zanpaktou? And the reason she doesn't carry a zanpaktou is because she was helping Urahara with an experiment and now its evil?
I highly doubt that, it seems more like Urahara's or Aizen's Zanpaktou.
Old 2009-08-04, 09:01   Link #12
kitten320

^I really doubt it belongs to anyone at all.
Old 2009-08-04, 09:04   Link #13
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I highly doubt that, it seems more like Urahara's or Aizen's Zanpaktou.
The only problem with that is that we know the names of both Urahara's and Aizen's zanpaktou. And guess what? They aren't named Marumasa
Old 2009-08-04, 09:07   Link #14
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
The only problem with that is that we know the names of both Urahara's and Aizen's zanpaktou. And guess what? They aren't named Marumasa
Yea? well my name is Goku... or is it? Bum bum bummmmmm...

Just sayin its definaly not Yoruichi's
Old 2009-08-04, 09:14   Link #15
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Just sayin its definaly not Yoruichi's
I'm just saying its not definitely not Yoruichi's because we don't actually know what her zanpaktou's name is. But it is definitely not Aizen's or Urahara's because we do know the names of their zanpaktous and Urahara probably would have mentioned that his zanpaktou had gone missing lately.
Old 2009-08-04, 10:11   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

what ponders me is how can a Zanpacktou have a Zanpacktou its self o_O
Old 2009-08-04, 10:13   Link #17
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
what ponders me is how can a Zanpacktou have a Zanpacktou its self o_O
What confuses me is why does dieing give you a sword with magical powers make it your job to fight scary monsters.
Old 2009-08-04, 10:56   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
What confuses me is why does dieing give you a sword with magical powers make it your job to fight scary monsters.
i think they said only strong humans that can sense the undead and have spirtual preasure or w.e can become Shinigami when they die. not sure 100%
Old 2009-08-04, 11:16   Link #19
ThoHell

LOL, I was actually really looking forward to this filler. Woke up today and thought "OH, today is awesome Bleach day!" It's going nicely so far.

But it seems like the zanpacktous are stronger than their counter parts... this is all rather interesting, except they still use those dang korny lines in so many series.

I can see what led to this event and have a decent idea of how it's going to be solved. Brute force and authoritative ruling is bad.... brute force is good only when it's Zaraki...

"Has there been anything awkward with your zanpacktou?"
"No, not really."

OMG, did he not just have an awkward convo with old man Zang in the previous episode? Always leaving out detail...
Old 2009-08-04, 11:17   Link #20
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I can't wait to see Yumichika and Matsumoto's sword spirits.
I just know its going to be hilarious.
Closed Thread