AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: if you found that you friend is a monster what you do?
ignore it and continue become friend 14 43.75%
report police 1 3.13%
try to kill him 2 6.25%
run away and never met him 0 0%
other 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-08, 06:48   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

if you friend is a monster. what you do

You have a friend. You know hi. For long time. More than a year. Completly human from outside

Then you found out he is a monster/ vampire/ werewolf/ whatever but he promised to not be hostile to you.

Will you believe him or not. If not what you do? Kill him, run away, or report police

Say you trust him. But then one day he rage and caused disaster. Will you still believe him as a friend?

Anime like to discuss this as part to tackle racism idea. Since friendship is big idea in Japan. Most of anime character just "he still my friend no mater what!". But those this applied to you?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 07:14   Link #2
cyth
Banned

"Anime like to discuss this as part to tackle racism idea." Where did you hear that?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 08:14   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
"Anime like to discuss this as part to tackle racism idea." Where did you hear that?
Poorly worded but you know standard story where there is 2 races that hated each other. You have long friend then he turn out to be different race.

Not exclusive in anime thought
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 08:21   Link #4
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Wouldn't bother me. I take people on their merit, if they are a good friend, that's all that is needed. Doesn't matter what sort of background they have.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 08:26   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
You have a friend. You know hi. For long time. More than a year. Completly human from outside

Then you found out he is a monster/ vampire/ werewolf/ whatever but he promised to not be hostile to you.

Will you believe him or not. If not what you do? Kill him, run away, or report police

Say you trust him. But then one day he rage and caused disaster. Will you still believe him as a friend?

Anime like to discuss this as part to tackle racism idea. Since friendship is big idea in Japan. Most of anime character just "he still my friend no mater what!". But those this applied to you?
Realistically speaking, the first thing I should do is looking for a psychiatric, to make sure that my mental state was ok.... that this friend of mine really is a non-human, not a figment of my imagination, or me simply being paranoid toward a normal human being. Then next thing , ask that friend to share his story. If he tells us that it is classified, then great, he not gonna kill me as there no point to be silent in that case.

But if he do, see the nature of his existence, and depends on that keep the friendship or keep your distance. The worst idea is reporting to police, trying to kill him, or running away. The first, you don't know the extensive power of his kinds, they could have controlled the government, and polices all along. The second, it won't be pretty if that guy have hacked health generation, and.... eh... eat you for breakfast instead. The final, running away means you have something to hide, and that just raises his paranoid.

Honestly, i don't think this plot has anyhing in common with racism. But it is awfully similar to the counter of rebels or terrorists..... I means assume that instead of a werewolf, you realised that your close friend was part of a rebel/ terrorist groups that was outlawed by your government. And despite promising that they have no interest at all on harming you, your family or your community, there would be doubt within you to either go to the police, or just get rid of this guy (then go to the police). Or just simply stay as far away from him and hopes troubles do not fly your way.
Old 2013-12-08, 09:08   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If I found out that one of my friends become a monster, I'll tell him/her what kind of scary stuff he/she is trying to do something sinful to me and if he/she didn't do as I expected, I might start befriending him/her despite my shocking reactions to his/her transformation.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 10:21   Link #7
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Hmm, this reminds me a lot of Bungaku Shoujo's 2nd book in the apprentice side story series.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 15:08   Link #8
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Bro, I would just roll along with it. Most likely he won't be violent to you anyways. :P

*from a hippie stoner's point of view

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 00:22   Link #9
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
If he's been my friend for a year there was obviously a reason he never told me he was only half-human. I guess me finding out is when I get dragged into the other side of his life and telling the police he's a half-demon is pointless anyway because they won't believe me. Moreover, I now start running into other half-demons and thus begins my journey into the supernatural where I will inevitably gain a super-powered demon side or use special abilities to keep the bad demons at bay from turning the world real south just like this run-on sentence. Human romance, demon romance, and imoutos will follow.

I shall call it I had nothing better to do, so I decided to hunt bad demons with my half-demon best friend.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 00:24   Link #10
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Umm... if my friend turned out to be a monster I would seriously start to question my previous understanding of reality.

So I voted "other".

Pity there was no lemon curry option, though....
Old 2013-12-09, 00:27   Link #11
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
But then one day he rage and caused disaster. Will you still believe him as a friend?
Since it's a "he", I'll tell the authorities. Whether friends or not, justice must prevail.

But it'll be different if it's a "she"....... yeah, love prevails over justice!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 00:38   Link #12
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Umm... if my friend turned out to be a monster I would seriously start to question my previous understanding of reality.

So I voted "other".

Pity there was no lemon curry option, though....
Flower is actually a man-eating, er, flower, attempting to maintain control of their insatiable bloodlust.

Discuss.

I suppose it depends on the nature of the threat and the friend. Bestest friend of all time and they're a vampire? No problem. Bestest friend ever and they're a bloodthirsty man-eating demon? Ehhhhhhno. Are they a character from Rosario+Vampire without murderous intent? Hell, let's do it.
Old 2013-12-10, 16:31   Link #13
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Act on the situation.
Don't go 'this is a vampire -> vampires (in general) kill humans for food -> must kill vampire'. That's just racist.
Instead, ignore all the monster implications until you really get into a situation where you would have to act in order to protect a victim.
And not a hypothetical victim, but a concrete one.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 16:40   Link #14
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Really depends on who they're killing.

If just targeting scum like at the start of Death Note, then whatever. But a lot of you know what direction that went.

Also, it depends if they're killing main characters. If they're just killing nameless nobodies, well who the fuck cares really? Side characters aren't actually people unless they get developed. Just slap on an attractive character design and a tragic past and suddenly all is forgiven.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 18:06   Link #15
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Reminds me of MGQ or Outbreak.....

I'll just continue to be friends.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:57   Link #16
EscapeReality

If he's normally trustworthy and has good character, I would try to treat him as usual. If for some reason I feel he has a motivation to kill or harm, then I would report it to somebody, since I'm probably powerless to stop him. If he's a vampire who nees human blood to survive...probably compromise with him with donor blood. Any case, I would go against him if his freedom poses a risk against others.
EscapeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 00:41   Link #17
FateAnomaly

Does he drop loot?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 10:39   Link #18
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What matters is not what he is but what he does. Whether he is human or inhuman matters not.

I would report my friend if he had become a psycho killer, just letting him go his ways just because "hey he's not killing me" would go against my moral. But that's totally unrelated to him being human or not. If my friend was a slimy thing but totally peaceful I'd have no reason to take actions.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 10:43   Link #19
Homucifer
Banned

As long as he doesn't hurt me I don't care.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 11:57   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I take the same approach that Batman takes with Superman.

I'm a reliable friend to him and I won't sell him out to the authorities... But I try to determine what his weakness is, and keep some said "kryptonite" on hand in case he ever goes out-of-control.

So if he's a vampire, for example, I'd probably keep a lot of garlic in the cupboards, and procure a cross necklace.