AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 02:05   Link #441
Hiddenryuu

Send a message via AIM to Hiddenryuu Send a message via MSN to Hiddenryuu
The problem I have Hayate being more powerful than both Nanoha and Fate is the way they present it.

It seem that the only reason that she is more powerful is cause she have a Lost Logia as a weapon. It just seems such a cheese way to present it. Look at me I have a HAX weapon! ....Meh... it's just seems cheap.

Then again Nanoha has been referred by "Ace of Aces" ... it's kinda confusing.
Hiddenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 02:15   Link #442
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenryuu View Post
Then again Nanoha has been referred by "Ace of Aces" ... it's kinda confusing.
I think it's because Nanoha's out on the field more so than Fate or Hayate. I mean, even if the highest brass of TSAB ((where are they anyway? I don't think those old debriefing guys are judging by thier dressing. )) has a mage rank of SSS+ or whatever, I don't think he can be nicknamed as an Ace of Aces if he don't regularly become the frontline striker out in field missions, impressing others.

And Hayate has been quite open on her dreams of becoming a commander, which means that she probably had to mix in TSAB politics, paperwork, and actual field work in balance. Even the greatest of mages can't lead a unit if they don't prove themselves worthy of it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 02:19   Link #443
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hayate is stronger because she HAS a strong weapon and can USE it properly.

She was able to control a Lost Logia, one of the most powerful objects, in no time at all.

It's a balance between power and skill, no point having an Ion cannon that you can't control....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 03:09   Link #444
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hayate is stronger because she HAS a strong weapon and can USE it properly.

She was able to control a Lost Logia, one of the most powerful objects, in no time at all.

It's a balance between power and skill, no point having an Ion cannon that you can't control....
Aside from what was already mentioned, Hayate did not receive all those power just like that. She was put through a lot of suffering because of something beyond her control. And being able to actually fight against the defense program with willpower is quite an achievement. And its not like she has no skills. So from what I've seen so far, she deserves to have this much power in her hands. Besides, you don't really need to be the most powerful of the protagonists in order to be the main character. So no worries for Nanoha here. That's what I think at least.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 04:53   Link #445
Yukiko-chan

yay FateXNanoha forever

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-11 at 13:58.
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 04:54   Link #446
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
wow....alot of post,Abyways here's my 2cents,If you heard the Drama thingy Cd and read the doujinshi to it,(I think), Or it was manga (Im not sure lol) but witchever there's alot of parts where Fate wants to be Nanoha's wife,and wants to ummm........Freak her world(hehehe).

As in $!@^% her. So it makes you wonder that it could be a possible thing also in the striker'S manga as well she still wants her,and hates Suburu for getting near her and stuff,can you post links So I can post it here?
woah she really mentions that in the drama CDs???
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 05:42   Link #447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
woah she really mentions that in the drama CDs???
No.

...Okay to be fair, it was 'hinted' (And I said HINTED), to Fate wanted to... 'Express' her... 'Thoughts' to Nanoha about... 'Things'...

And the manga had nothing like that (I would like to believe so...) and doujinshi are... Well, doujinshi.

Basically, they're just yanking our chains.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:19   Link #448
Skane
Anime Snark

The manga is actually very suggestive about Nanoha&Yuuno.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:21   Link #449
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
No.

...Okay to be fair, it was 'hinted' (And I said HINTED), to Fate wanted to... 'Express' her... 'Thoughts' to Nanoha about... 'Things'...
I've noted this since the first series. The producers of the Nanoha franchise seem to have put much effort into adding innuendo that appeals to as many different "special interest" groups as possible. Increasing the potential fan base, don't'cha know.

You want yuri? Well, here's all these hints of feelings between Fate and Nanoha; JUST hints, so the non-yuri crowd won't be turned off. You like hetero? Well, here's Nanoha giving Yuuno a "smoky look" just before they blow up the power room of the Garden of Time. etc., etc.
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 07:09   Link #450
Aaron008R

Quote:
No.

I guess being a major introvert doesn't help. I guess that should be enough for now... I'm being mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The manga is actually very suggestive about Nanoha&Yuuno.

Cheers.
*nods* Nanoha wanted Yuuno to come along with the all-girl trip to the hot springs.

Come with us Yuuno~kun! Hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
I've noted this since the first series. The producers of the Nanoha franchise seem to have put much effort into adding innuendo that appeals to as many different "special interest" groups as possible. Increasing the potential fan base, don't'cha know.

You want yuri? Well, here's all these hints of feelings between Fate and Nanoha; JUST hints, so the non-yuri crowd won't be turned off. You like hetero? Well, here's Nanoha giving Yuuno a "smoky look" just before they blow up the power room of the Garden of Time. etc., etc.
FINALLY! Someone who phrased it in the most easy to understand way. This is what I (and some others) have been trying to tell in my (our) recent posts. Nice one Loner!

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-04-25 at 01:54.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 07:11   Link #451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Yeah, I can't remember who I heard it first from though... It was a long time ago...

Quote:
...You like hetero? Well, here's Nanoha giving Yuuno a "smoky look" just before they blow up the power room of the Garden of Time. etc., etc.
Yeah , I remember that...

Too bad she chose different words than I expect ...
Old 2007-04-24, 07:56   Link #452
Yukiko-chan

hey!! well I was talking about the drama Cd thats where you can really tell fate wants Nanoha

here it is my freinds look it up and you'll see what im talking about.So cute.

http://www.acatisfinetoo.com/edible/nanoha/index.html

Oh yeah and this one I love two its somewhere in there
http://www.acatisfinetoo.com/edible/.../as_nano33.jpg
Old 2007-04-24, 08:02   Link #453
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahem... Those 4Koma over-exaggerate stuff ...

I mean, there's no way Chrono REALLY did all those stuff with Aria and Lotte...

... Right?

(Damn, I hate it when people bring up info from the Drama CD... Curse this language barrier!!!)
Old 2007-04-24, 08:05   Link #454
Yukiko-chan

umm the link thingy was deleted with an error and stuff so I thought maybe I should take it out to eat or something see ya's.

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-12 at 08:51.
Old 2007-04-24, 08:10   Link #455
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
huh?? .....well in any case you's should check those out and see what im talking about lol. not all of them show them but some do.
Yes, I practically memorised all of them months ago...

What I meant was that the jokes in those comics were blown out of proportion... From what little I've heard about the Drama CD, things were more... Subtle.

(OMG... I've discussing yuri! I'm unclean!! UNCLEAN!!!! *Shaking uncontrollably in a corner* )
Old 2007-04-24, 08:18   Link #456
Yukiko-chan

Question lalaaaaalalalaaala

whats so unclean about it. ../. Ive never actually watched any others lol unless they where said to have like a relationship thingy going on,but kinda did and not lol. oh and anyways your a guy??Some guys watch it two (kinda girly sometimes series though lol).

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-12 at 08:50.
Old 2007-04-24, 08:45   Link #457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

- It's a joke, don't take me too serious sometimes...

- It's my preference.

- Actually, my Avatar and Signature have a girl and a guy...

- Don't worry, I sure one of them is an XX ...
Old 2007-04-24, 09:08   Link #458
Skane
Anime Snark

The 4Komas are exaggerated instances from the Drama CDs. To see the translated actual content from the Drama CDs, please refer the "Music Discussion Thread".

Ergo.

4Koma -> Fan Fantasy
Translated Drama CD -> Actual official stance

Don't go and start mixing canon and fandom now.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-24, 10:55   Link #459
Yukiko-chan

Talking

Sssshhhhhh! there a couple thats all I have to say, Im reading this guy who made two really good fanfics(Making more) and I prefer to read the fanfic than watch the anime.Since the fanfic FateXJust admmited to Nanoha how much she loved her and Nanoha said she always has loved her two.ect.ect.

Plus the fanfic is from a really good writer and he details everything perfect,and does everything write so I rather just read his work than watch the anime if there not a couple...Matter of a fact I rather pay him then those creators lol who always tease and all .Lero,Lero,Lero

Lero,lero,lero oh and the fanfics continue like making his own version. Yah

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-12 at 08:48.
Old 2007-04-24, 11:32   Link #460
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, I am going to be a wet blanket here, but I think it is delusional to believe too much in fanfics. They are, after all, derivatives of the original source material. If the writer is that good, he/she should consider making his own stories instead of borrowing elements from others (unless of course, he/she is just making a satire out of the material ).

As I already stated above, fanmade material represents the fantasies of the fans. Trying to impose a fan's fantasy onto the canon material is just entering the realm of denial.

Cheers.