AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-29, 23:34   Link #18061
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Al Hazard's orphan? What?
Spoiler:

I'll address the rest later, along with backlogs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-29, 23:52   Link #18062
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

ORE, SANJOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
DREAMS ARE DREAMS

NOW WE WAIT FOR TESLA TO HAVE WET DREAMS!!!

*runs from lightning*

INDEED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Just so you all know... what I'm about to post, I apologize. I'll prolly cross-post to the fanfic thread, so no need to comment on it twice.

Spoiler for An Alternate Lyrical:

That took all of five minutes to write -_- . Again, apologizes. Crack levels just probably hit 9000.
...All I could think of after Kagamin's first line was:

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Keroko-kun:
Oooi, Tesla!

Tesla: *voice muffled through a pillow* Leave me alone...

Keroko-kun:
Someone is doing the 'wet dreams' routine again.

Tesla: Don't care.

Keroko-kun: You're lucky, she's he's struck by the same laziness as I am.
...USO DA!!

MEN!

Tesla no longer cares if we write less than pure material regarding her massive crush on Griffith!

LET THE FLOODGATES OPEN!!!

Quote:
Not to mention that Nanae is one loli Reiji would love... having that appreciation for oppai :P

lol... *hunts for more M-Musume images*

No!

Is it possible?!

<runs namechecka.exe>

Oh.

My.

God.

SOMEONE ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW TO SPELL MY NAME!!!

This is a day to remember!

A RED DAY!

A SWORD DAY!!

ERE THE SUN RISES!!!

RIDE TO RUIN, AND THE WORLD'S ENDING!!!!

DEATH!!!!!

<blinks>

Oops - got carried away again.

In more recent news...

Expect a trailer and the 1st OP of LegendS up within the next three days...
Old 2007-12-30, 00:01   Link #18063
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelis View Post
The Infinite Library can be run by an AI, and this is routine and common knowledge
Not before Yuno started working there. If there was, the place wouldn't be in such a mess that it needed him as a chief librarian to organise it. Afterward? It's possible. However you want to do it, the system should be newly installed.

Quote:
Al Hazard is an actual place people can get into and come out of
If they can find it in the first place and assuming there is anything left there, as opposed to it being vaporized by a large-scale dimensional distortion. Jail might know where it is and how to get there, but it wasn't a priority for him during the series.

Quote:
Nobody knows who runs Al Hazard or what it's like
Try "ran" and "was". Indications are that it is currently a place of haunted ruins as opposed to living people and has been for centuries. Again, assuming there's anything left after whatever it was that destroyed their civilization.
Old 2007-12-30, 00:21   Link #18064
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Not before Yuno started working there. If there was, the place wouldn't be in such a mess that it needed him as a chief librarian to organise it. Afterward? It's possible. However you want to do it, the system should be newly installed.
Not a problem. I was planning for the system to be something new anyway.

Quote:
If they can find it in the first place and assuming there is anything left there, as opposed to it being vaporized by a large-scale dimensional distortion. Jail might know where it is and how to get there, but it wasn't a priority for him during the series.
To be honest, I'm not as interested in how to get to Al Hazard as much as how to get out of it, but the two are closely related anyway.

So Al Hazard exists, at least according to Jail and his Cradle, but to get from there to Midchilda requires... what?

Quote:
Try "ran" and "was". Indications are that it is currently a place of haunted ruins as opposed to living people and has been for centuries. Again, assuming there's anything left after whatever it was that destroyed their civilization.
This throws a wrench in my plans. When was this information known to the general public of the Nanohaverse? Would Precia have known this? How plausible is it that there is still a living society in Al Hazard, even if merely as scavengers among the ruins?
Old 2007-12-30, 02:13   Link #18065
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And who is this Nakajima? Is it the pseudo-blue bomber?

Shinobu Nakajima, aka Glock's late love interest killed by Daemon Mai

Haven't really delved much into her, asides from some glimpses into her style and personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
HAXXBUSTER REVOLUTION... TK?

I would rather say "dunkin doughnut"... little bunch, if you know my drift Lowe

ung tig-75 pag little bunch
Go Nuts Donuts na ako ngayon eh...

Pero... di ki maintindihan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Currently watching Code Geass, and like...wow
I think I'll make it before Season 2 starts in Spring
*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
No!

Is it possible?!

<runs namechecka.exe>

Oh.

My.

God.

SOMEONE ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW TO SPELL MY NAME!!!

This is a day to remember!

A RED DAY!

A SWORD DAY!!

ERE THE SUN RISES!!!

RIDE TO RUIN, AND THE WORLD'S ENDING!!!!

DEATH!!!!!

<blinks>

Oops - got carried away again.

I've been spelling your name correctly for the past few months

----------------

In somewhat unrelated news...

Jigoku Shoujo Third Season?!?!?!?!?!?! You must be kidding... Now looking forward to more of Mai Ai Enma's misadventures into Unholy Punishment

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-30, 02:32   Link #18066
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Currently watching Code Geass, and like...wow
I think I'll make it before Season 2 starts in Spring
*runs*
So is it really that awesome? I've heard so many varying comments about it (ranging from "fuck yes you are one of the best mecha anime ever" to "that Pizza Hut ad anime" and "Code Gayass") that I've been wary. That, and my inability to pay attention to any mecha anime in the past seven years or so (except for Full Metal Panic, Gurren-Lagann, Evangelion, and Gundam 00) has made me wary.

On an aside, I finally got to see a good chunk (48 minutes) of Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone! OMG IT'S AWESOME. MY INNER EVA OTAKU JUST KICKED INTO OVERDRIVE.
Old 2007-12-30, 02:35   Link #18067
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not as interested in how to get to Al Hazard as much as how to get out of it, but the two are closely related anyway.

So Al Hazard exists, at least according to Jail and his Cradle, but to get from there to Midchilda requires... what?
We. don't. know.

As said, Jail being 'that' is pretty much the ONLY thing we can relate Alhazred and him to. We don't know anything else, zilch, which is why Jail is still somewhat of an X-factor in Nanohaverse.

Quote:
This throws a wrench in my plans. When was this information known to the general public of the Nanohaverse? Would Precia have known this? How plausible is it that there is still a living society in Al Hazard, even if merely as scavengers among the ruins?
As far as general Nanohaverse public goes, Alhazred seems to be just a mythical existence. For those who are rooted in the military/history/etc, seems that 'it once existed, no longer now' seems to be the general opinion. As for if there's anything shadowy about Alhazred behind the shadows, that's left quiet, since we know zilch about Jail/his circumstances.

Chances? Chances are even the scavengers are no longer among the ruins, really if there are any.

Considering that Jail was said to be found by the Council rather than being created by them (( though it's possible )), I wouldn't be surprised if there's a whole dozen of Orphan-types out there, implanted with the whatever remnants and fragments of Alhazred's knowledge/tech/etc, along with a mental stimuli to 'restore Alhazred' or something like that, considering that Jail's dreams of creating his ideal 'free world' seems to have been imprinted in his very fiber even before he was born.

As for Precia? Precia was semi-deranged anyway, and would've taken any chances, no matter how small. Alhazred seemed like it was the only hope at restoring a 'soul' of Alicia's, though even that is semi-debatable, since we never saw if Jail's Project F (( which seems to be fully Alhazred-rooted )) was any different from Precia's.

Quote:
So is it really that awesome? I've heard so many varying comments about it (ranging from "fuck yes you are one of the best mecha anime ever" to "that Pizza Hut ad anime" and "Code Gayass") that I've been wary. That, and my inability to pay attention to any mecha anime in the past seven years or so (except for Full Metal Panic, Gurren-Lagann, Evangelion, and Gundam 00) has made me wary.

On an aside, I finally got to see a good chunk (48 minutes) of Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone! OMG IT'S AWESOME. MY INNER EVA OTAKU JUST KICKED INTO OVERDRIVE.
You either love it or hate it. Code Geass is kinda like a Hollywood whole-package production, it has all the flashes and bangs, beautiful boys and girls, 'kewl' plot, and plot-twist, cliffhanger, etc to keep people highly excited and interested at it, but some people may not like it's elements of various executions, from its 'deus-ex-machina, pretentious plotline, etc etc etc'.

It's never as great as those who loved it said it is, but it's far from being as bad as what derailers claim it is. Just don't expect a ridiculously awesome anime on all levels, and Code Geass is just good.

AND EVA. NEED. SOURCE.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-12-30 at 02:54.
Old 2007-12-30, 02:35   Link #18068
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

While it's best to just watch the show and decide for yourself if you like it or not, I'd highly recommend Code Geass as amongst one of the "Must Watch" of recent anime.

Although... regarding that Eva Rebuild...

*strangles Kagerou by the neck*

SAUCE NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-30, 03:06   Link #18069
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You either love it or hate it. Code Geass is kinda like a Hollywood whole-package production, it has all the flashes and bangs, beautiful boys and girls, 'kewl' plot, and plot-twist, cliffhanger, etc to keep people highly excited and interested at it, but some people may not like it's elements of various executions, from its 'deus-ex-machina, pretentious plotline, etc etc etc'.

It's never as great as those who loved it said it is, but it's far from being as bad as what derailers claim it is. Just don't expect a ridiculously awesome anime on all levels, and Code Geass is just good.

AND EVA. NEED. SOURCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While it's best to just watch the show and decide for yourself if you like it or not, I'd highly recommend Code Geass as amongst one of the "Must Watch" of recent anime.

Although... regarding that Eva Rebuild...

*strangles Kagerou by the neck*

SAUCE NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kk. I'll probably give it a shot sooner or later...

Oh and here's sauce:

Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, Part 2-1

Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, Part 2-2

Missing part one for some reason, but it's not like you don't know what happened. Part 2 picks up just before Ramiel's attack.

And oh my god at what Anno can do with production values. Everything looks SO MUCH BETTER than before, Rei is 100% more naked in this and has a super-moe moment (srsly); There's a cute Shinji/Misato handholding moment; Shinji ACTUALLY BECOMES GAR FOR LIKE TEN SECONDS...

...and there's enough classic Evangelion "wtf" moments that have paved way for many theories. My current favorite is that Rebuild takes place AFTER End of Eva (there's a lot of clues that point in this direction). I won't spoil the story so we can talk about it later.

Oh oh oh and stick around after the credits (ending is Utada's "Beautiful World") for a classic preview of the "Next Episode", complete with cheesy music and the promise of fanservice thanks to Misato-chan. Complete with a new character known by the Eva fan-community as "Meganekko-chan".

See? New character.
Old 2007-12-30, 03:30   Link #18070
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Oh and here's sauce:

Missing part one for some reason, but it's not like you don't know what happened. Part 2 picks up just before Ramiel's attack.

And oh my god at what Anno can do with production values. Everything looks SO MUCH BETTER than before, Rei is 100% more naked in this and has a super-moe moment (srsly); There's a cute Shinji/Misato handholding moment; Shinji ACTUALLY BECOMES GAR FOR LIKE TEN SECONDS...

...and there's enough classic Evangelion "wtf" moments that have paved way for many theories. My current favorite is that Rebuild takes place AFTER End of Eva (there's a lot of clues that point in this direction). I won't spoil the story so we can talk about it later.

Oh oh oh and stick around after the credits (ending is Utada's "Beautiful World") for a classic preview of the "Next Episode", complete with cheesy music and the promise of fanservice thanks to Misato-chan. Complete with a new character known by the Eva fan-community as "Meganekko-chan".

See? New character.
GODLIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And damn, waiting to see this new character clearly, been hyped since she was revealed months ago Would've really loved to add her to my current AI Roster

Old 2007-12-30, 03:33   Link #18071
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
As far as general Nanohaverse public goes, Alhazred seems to be just a mythical existence. For those who are rooted in the military/history/etc, seems that 'it once existed, no longer now' seems to be the general opinion. As for if there's anything shadowy about Alhazred behind the shadows, that's left quiet, since we know zilch about Jail/his circumstances.

Chances? Chances are even the scavengers are no longer among the ruins, really if there are any.

Considering that Jail was said to be found by the Council rather than being created by them (( though it's possible )), I wouldn't be surprised if there's a whole dozen of Orphan-types out there, implanted with the whatever remnants and fragments of Alhazred's knowledge/tech/etc, along with a mental stimuli to 'restore Alhazred' or something like that, considering that Jail's dreams of creating his ideal 'free world' seems to have been imprinted in his very fiber even before he was born.

As for Precia? Precia was semi-deranged anyway, and would've taken any chances, no matter how small. Alhazred seemed like it was the only hope at restoring a 'soul' of Alicia's, though even that is semi-debatable, since we never saw if Jail's Project F (( which seems to be fully Alhazred-rooted )) was any different from Precia's.
Okay, I'm pretty much groping my way through the dark here, so apologies if I ask questions which seem obvious or if I belabour points which have already been answered.

My problem is that I have an OC who is supposed to have ties with a Mysterious Ancient Powerful Civilization, and Al Hazard (or Alhazred or however it's supposed to be spelled) is the most obvious source for this. Now, I can just make up an Ancient Civilization on my own, but if at all possible I'd like to tie it in to canon.

The requisites are:
  • The Ancient Civilization must either still be around or have a society of living (or close enough) people in its place
  • It must be mysterious enough that the TSAB doesn't know anything about it but would be Very Interested in it if they did
  • The society must be significant enough that people might want to rebel against or desert from it in favour of the TSAB-governed worlds
  • These rebels must, for reasons that are plausible (if paranoid), want to keep the existence of that Ancient Civilization a secret

Being an incredibly vital part of my story (the same way that the One Ring is an incredibly vital part of The Lord Of The Rings), I'm trying to squeeze it into any niche I can, or torture the canon to fit my purposes. That is why I'm asking so many questions.

Truth to tell, I'm getting desperate.

How much of a canon taboo would it be if I postulated that yes, there is a civilization out there based on Al Hazard, but not actually part of Al Hazard (kind of an offshoot or splinter faction), and that it is still around but isolationist and paranoid, thus sealing itself off from TSAB knowledge? Can I write something like that into my story and not get weird stares, or should I look for another route?

I realize that Seven Arcs tosses all these major but unlikely "where did that come from" plot devices at us around the rate of around two per season, but fanfic writers are (ironically) held to a higher standard.
Old 2007-12-30, 05:54   Link #18072
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Found this by aers in the Image Thread and thought it may be helpful to those that are working on post-StrikerS settings:

There and After MSLN StrikerS.

Ahaha... Of course there is the problem of translating everything from Japanese.

@dkellis: Just my two cents, I think for the Ancient Civilisation you're working on, you might want to consider setting it as an oppressive and/or highly conservative/rigid society. Most people don't like such societies and it gives them a great incentive to run for places that they feel are better compared to what they have now. But to work point 4 in, you might also want to consider that the rebels might be merely escaping from political persecution and could be planning to garner support, power and weapons to reclaim/"rescue" their world and rebuild according to their ideals. But the catch will be that they either have learnt that the TSAB could not be trusted, or retaining the secretiveness and perhaps arrogance of their people, did not want to include outsiders into their plans.

Just some ideas from me, but I suggest you would benefit better from the rest and the history of humanity. Another suggestion would be to read Chrno Crusade (manga). The latter plot, the Sinners and the demon society seems to me the very thing you're looking for.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-12-30, 06:07   Link #18073
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
@dkellis: Just my two cents, I think for the Ancient Civilisation you're working on, you might want to consider setting it as an oppressive and/or highly conservative/rigid society. Most people don't like such societies and it gives them a great incentive to run for places that they feel are better compared to what they have now. But to work point 4 in, you might also want to consider that the rebels might be merely escaping from political persecution and could be planning to garner support, power and weapons to reclaim/"rescue" their world and rebuild according to their ideals. But the catch will be that they either have learnt that the TSAB could not be trusted, or retaining the secretiveness and perhaps arrogance of their people, did not want to include outsiders into their plans.

Just some ideas from me, but I suggest you would benefit better from the rest and the history of humanity. Another suggestion would be to read Chrno Crusade (manga). The plot and the demon society seems to me the very thing you're looking for.
Actually, I've already decided, assuming all goes as I hope, what the rebels are, um, rebelling against. I'm just not sure that I can actually use those ideas.

Essentially, if I can make things up on my own, I already have the backstories and such ready to go. If I can't, that's where my asking for advice comes in, since I need to twist everything to work within canon. This is, incidentally, why I need to know as much as possible about Al Hazard, since the more I know, the easier I can tweak the backstory.

For what it's worth: the society is not oppressive (in the usual sense, anyway), and it's not rigid. It's somewhat conservative, but no worse than many real world mainstream political beliefs, and anyway the conservatism is not the problem. Rather, the reason these people are running away is... well, I suppose a better word would be disgust rather than dissatisfaction. It's a bit like someone deciding that no, they would not want to live in a city powered by a nuclear plant, and so they go away.

But more intense. And in this case, the society, being isolationist, does not want its citizens to wander off, or even have contact with others.

It's not quite a borrowing from Bioshock (in fact, it's kind of a coincidence, and not a strict parallel), but think of something like Rapture, assuming it didn't get completely torn apart by civil war.

... in any case, this will be somewhere in the third part of the trilogy of stories I'm planning, so it'll be a long way off yet. Maybe 2009 at the earliest before I get to it.
Old 2007-12-30, 06:33   Link #18074
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heeeh? Finally some text to spit through.

Quote:
So basically nothing about how it works? Or how many actual Librarians are around, or how they are organized?
If we take things like we see, the place seems to function like one really big library.

Quote:
Augh. Damn the canon for being self-contradictory. Chrono did say in the first season that bringing the dead back to life was Completely Impossible for magic.
It should be noted here that we never really witnessed how Zest got revived, so chances are he is just a clone with memories of the original, similar to Fate.

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of administrative AIs, like HAL from 2001. I'm wondering whether it is plausible and not contradictory to canon that an AI might be put in charge of the Infinite Library.

The source of said AI, if possible, is a Lost Logia, but that can easily be changed to a more mundane origin, like generic programmers.
Well, 'put in charge' is pretty much contradictionary, as that's Yuuno's job. A primairy source of information and archivation, though, is possible. However, we have seen no such AI in canon yet.

Quote:
So what do we already know about Al Hazard?
  • It's legendary, but seen to be mythical and not actually existent, at least in this time frame
  • It actually does exist, based on the presence of the Cradle
  • It's a major source for powerful Lost Logia
  • To get to it requires immense amounts of magical energy, and to get something out of it (like the Lost Logia) requires... what?
- Still true to many, though the TSAB head-honchos seem to know more. We as the viewers still don't know more then that, though. Most likely its a ruined world, perhaps a bit like the Atlantians in Stargate: Atlantis.
- It should be noted that the Cradle was found on Mid Childa, and before it was found there it was used by the Ancient Belkans. This suggests that Al Hazarhed was already a 'mythical place' at least 300 years ago.
- Yes.
- We still don't know how the Lost Logia got scattered out of Al Hazarhed. In fact, nobody has ever been to Al Hazarhed in Canon, so I can't answer that question.

Quote:
Also, I keep seeing things about Saint Kings and such; what's up with that? Does it have, from the name, anything to do with Saint Church? (Remember that I can't Wiki it right now until I fix whatever the problem is with Firefox.)
The Saint Church is one of the few remainders of what used to be Ancient Belka, the Saint King used to be the ruler of Ancient Belka. The Saint King is also the 'key' to start the Cradle, which is why Jail created Vivio, who turns out to be a clone of the last king.

Quote:
Useful, but I'm more wondering what cyborgs are seen as in the TSAB and society in general. Are they complete freaks of nature, or are they just somewhat odd but not especially noteworthy? Are the Numbers (and the young Nakajimas) the only cyborgs in existence, or known to the TSAB? Do other cyborgs exist, and does the TSAB know about them? If some random person is revealed to be a cyborg, what would the reaction of the authorities be?
We don't know the general additude towards cyborgs, as we have never seen them. Going by the flow of how the Nanoha show is laid out, though, I think they would generally be accepted by society. While the numbers and Nakajima's are the only ones that we know off, the show has said that the creation of cyborgs is not at all a unique event, which means that its a high possibillity (and certainly not an impossibillity) that there are more out there, possibly even in TSAB service. If someone were to be revealed a cyborg, I think the TSAB would try to recruit them rather then lock them up.

Quote:
  • The Infinite Library can be run by an AI, and this is routine and common knowledge
  • Al Hazard is an actual place people can get into and come out of
  • Nobody knows who runs Al Hazard or what it's like (and by "nobody knows", I mean that it's never stated, even indirectly, in canon)

There's plenty of other stuff which would be immensely useful to know, but aren't absolutely essential to the very existence of my fanfic.
- I'm not really fond of the 'run by' as that is Yuuno's job. An AI that aids in the research and archiving sounds more reasonable.
- Canon has sugested this, with Precia trying to get in, and Jail apparently getting out, though how it works remains unknown.
- No. We still know next to nothing about Al Hazarhed.

Quote:
Okay, I'm pretty much groping my way through the dark here, so apologies if I ask questions which seem obvious or if I belabour points which have already been answered.

My problem is that I have an OC who is supposed to have ties with a Mysterious Ancient Powerful Civilization, and Al Hazard (or Alhazred or however it's supposed to be spelled) is the most obvious source for this. Now, I can just make up an Ancient Civilization on my own, but if at all possible I'd like to tie it in to canon.

The requisites are:
  • The Ancient Civilization must either still be around or have a society of living (or close enough) people in its place
  • It must be mysterious enough that the TSAB doesn't know anything about it but would be Very Interested in it if they did
  • The society must be significant enough that people might want to rebel against or desert from it in favour of the TSAB-governed worlds
  • These rebels must, for reasons that are plausible (if paranoid), want to keep the existence of that Ancient Civilization a secret

Being an incredibly vital part of my story (the same way that the One Ring is an incredibly vital part of The Lord Of The Rings), I'm trying to squeeze it into any niche I can, or torture the canon to fit my purposes. That is why I'm asking so many questions.
- That Al Hazarhed is still around is pretty much a given concidering Precia trying to get through it and Jail apparently coming from it. However, just how many people still live, where they live, how they live etc. etc. is still a mystery.
- Al Hazarhed fits that bill. The TSAB still knows little to nothing about it, but they are very interested in learning more.
- Meaning they would know of the societies existense and how to get there, right? In that case Al Hazarhed does not fit that bill. There is too little known of the civilisation that someone would actively rebel unless he/she is of Al Hazarhed (such as Jail). Though I suppose Jail could have 'recruited' people or something similar. There are possibillities there.
- Concidering the legends of Al Hazarhed seem common knowledge, such a groups focuss should be trying to keep the legends of Al Hazarhed legends. They could block all paths leading to it, try to steal Lost Logia revealing information and other such things. It's possible.
Old 2007-12-30, 07:05   Link #18075
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
- I'm not really fond of the 'run by' as that is Yuuno's job. An AI that aids in the research and archiving sounds more reasonable.
To clarify, yes, that is what I meant, and these painkillers are reducing me slowly but surely to a drooling moron. (Well, more like a moron.) Yuuno is very much still in charge of the Infinite Library, but I wanted to ask about the possibility that there could be an AI that would help run things.

Besides, the AI's not going to last for very long, and certainly not longer than my story.

Quote:
- That Al Hazarhed is still around is pretty much a given concidering Precia trying to get through it and Jail apparently coming from it. However, just how many people still live, where they live, how they live etc. etc. is still a mystery.
Hm, contradiction in posts. Nightengale mentioned that it is very likely (I'm assuming the repeated statements to mean "almost a certainty") that nobody's left alive at all in Al Hazard. I was assuming that there's some indirect but clear canon knowledge about this.

Could I get a clarification on this, please? Say, a percentage probability that there might still be people living in Al Hazard, or a splinter faction or offshoot of the original Al Hazardian civilization still existing somewhere? (In fact, the more I think about it, the better the "offshoot" idea might work for my story.)

Quote:
- Meaning they would know of the societies existense and how to get there, right? In that case Al Hazarhed does not fit that bill. There is too little known of the civilisation that someone would actively rebel unless he/she is of Al Hazarhed (such as Jail). Though I suppose Jail could have 'recruited' people or something similar. There are possibillities there.
What I meant was that the (alleged) Al Hazardian people might have a reason to leave Al Hazard. Nobody outside Al Hazard needs to know about their existence.

Or am I still misunderstanding this?

EDIT: Also, I think I need to clarify just what is the official Seven Arcs spelling for Al Hazard/Alhazred/Al Hazarhed/whatever. It may be Engrish, but at least it's official.
Old 2007-12-30, 07:13   Link #18076
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
So basically nothing about how it works? Or how many actual Librarians are around, or how they are organized?
But I think it was mentioned somewhere that they organized search teams to search for books

Quote:
Augh. Damn the canon for being self-contradictory. Chrono did say in the first season that bringing the dead back to life was Completely Impossible for magic.
Well, a Lost Logia seems to have been involved...I think

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of administrative AIs, like HAL from 2001. I'm wondering whether it is plausible and not contradictory to canon that an AI might be put in charge of the Infinite Library.

The source of said AI, if possible, is a Lost Logia, but that can easily be changed to a more mundane origin, like generic programmers.
I see...
At first I thought Storm Raider was the helicopter's AI, but it turned out it was Vice's rifle that was contolling it.

Quote:
  • It's legendary, but seen to be mythical and not actually existent, at least in this time frame
  • To get to it requires immense amounts of magical energy, and to get something out of it (like the Lost Logia) requires... what?

Assume that I know absolutely nothing about Al Hazard; repeating points I already know is preferable to neglecting to mention some important but obvious point which I am unaware of. Remember that I've not watched the later episodes of StrikerS, primarily because I'm technically not allowed to download them anymore.

Also, I keep seeing things about Saint Kings and such; what's up with that? Does it have, from the name, anything to do with Saint Church? (Remember that I can't Wiki it right now until I fix whatever the problem is with Firefox.)
The Saint King (or Seiou) was the holy king of Belka back in its glorious days before their fall, 300 years ago.

Spoiler for Vivio:

Quote:
Useful, but I'm more wondering what cyborgs are seen as in the TSAB and society in general. Are they complete freaks of nature, or are they just somewhat odd but not especially noteworthy? Are the Numbers (and the young Nakajimas) the only cyborgs in existence, or known to the TSAB? Do other cyborgs exist, and does the TSAB know about them? If some random person is revealed to be a cyborg, what would the reaction of the authorities be?
Yeah...according to Sound Stage 04, things don't look good for them, it seems my hunch was right.
What I mean is something I wrote in BreakerS while Cinque fought with Koji, this line in particular...
Spoiler for Cinque:

From what I could understand in the SS4, Cinque said something like that, so the Numbers aren't very sure about their future...

Quote:
The reason I'm asking all these questions is because for my story, I need to establish the following as Not Contradicting Canon:
  • The Infinite Library can be run by an AI, and this is routine and common knowledge
  • Al Hazard is an actual place people can get into and come out of
  • Nobody knows who runs Al Hazard or what it's like (and by "nobody knows", I mean that it's never stated, even indirectly, in canon)

There's plenty of other stuff which would be immensely useful to know, but aren't absolutely essential to the very existence of my fanfic.
I see...well, good luck

Quote:
As for TSAB's cyborg outlooks... well, I don't think cyborgs are really all that huge of issues. They are freak of natures, but aside from cybernetic parts here and there, it's not like they can't function as a human, considering that they can give birth and eat normally. It'll probably be an ethical issue if it's leaked to the public on a wide-scale, but it does seem to be something kept under wraps since even if there are others out there, numbers are small and they're probably used as weapons.
Hmm...give birth? Where's that from?
If I remember correctly, Ginga and Subaru are clones of their "mother", Quint.

...wait, I remember now...Scaglietti's nasty backup plan
I was trying to forget that...

Quote:
Al Hazard's orphan? What?
Yeah, forgot to mention that
Scaglietti seems to be Al Hazard's orphan, and his codename in the TSAB High Council was "Unlimited Desire"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The Saint King is Royal ruler of the Belkan Empire. Vivio has been revealed to be a clone of one some 300 years ago. They have also been revealed to be the source of inspiration for Jail's Experimental Relic Weapons since members of the royal family implanted into their bodies to grant them special abilities. In Vivio's case, or not, it is the Armour of the Saint King.

Well there should be more info from those more knowledgeable on the topic. Keroko for one should be glad to inform you.
Nicely explained

Quote:
@FlameZ: Keep watching. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.
I am. Zero's speeches alone are enough to make me watch it

Quote:
Well, the mecha are cool, they're called Knightmare in Code Geass, and Lancelot is quite awesome, as well as Guren 2.

Quote:

The requisites are:

How much of a canon taboo would it be if I postulated that yes, there is a civilization out there based on Al Hazard, but not actually part of Al Hazard (kind of an offshoot or splinter faction), and that it is still around but isolationist and paranoid, thus sealing itself off from TSAB knowledge? Can I write something like that into my story and not get weird stares, or should I look for another route?

I realize that Seven Arcs tosses all these major but unlikely "where did that come from" plot devices at us around the rate of around two per season, but fanfic writers are (ironically) held to a higher standard.
I see...quite a tough situation there

~~~~

And this reminds me, I should be working on the Koji and Scaglietti talk
*starts typing*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-12-30 at 08:50.
Old 2007-12-30, 07:57   Link #18077
Jimmy C

Quote:
How much of a canon taboo would it be if I postulated that yes, there is a civilization out there based on Al Hazard, but not actually part of Al Hazard (kind of an offshoot or splinter faction),
That would not be too difficult. Any civilization always has its malcontents. So yes, a group that pulled away from their capital world would not be impossible. The thing is, any such colony would be culturually rather different from the original civilisation due to its founders. Add a few millenia between the fall of Al Hazard and present day MC0075 and it should look nothing like the original Al Hazard. You might as well make up your own civilization. Another thing to consider is how painfully hard civilizations can fail in the Nanohaverse. Al Hazard and the Ancient Belkan Empire being the biggest examples. That splinter group could have grown into a large civilisation that eventually collasped and recovered and collapsed again several times in millenia. Again, the current incarnation of it would be so different from Al Hazard that you might as well make it an original one.

Quote:
and that it is still around but isolationist and paranoid, thus sealing itself off from TSAB knowledge?
This part is easy enough. Don't know if you watched that episode or not, but the TSAB is quite a young organisation. The present date, MC0075, is counted from its founding. They've been exploring transdimensional space for less than a century. Bury your civilisation underground and add shielding and they might miss it even when they survey the planet. Of course, there could be problems if they decided to develop the planet...
Old 2007-12-30, 09:33   Link #18078
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
To clarify, yes, that is what I meant, and these painkillers are reducing me slowly but surely to a drooling moron. (Well, more like a moron.) Yuuno is very much still in charge of the Infinite Library, but I wanted to ask about the possibility that there could be an AI that would help run things.

Besides, the AI's not going to last for very long, and certainly not longer than my story.
The possibillity is certainly there, so go wild.

Quote:
Hm, contradiction in posts. Nightengale mentioned that it is very likely (I'm assuming the repeated statements to mean "almost a certainty") that nobody's left alive at all in Al Hazard. I was assuming that there's some indirect but clear canon knowledge about this.

Could I get a clarification on this, please? Say, a percentage probability that there might still be people living in Al Hazard, or a splinter faction or offshoot of the original Al Hazardian civilization still existing somewhere? (In fact, the more I think about it, the better the "offshoot" idea might work for my story.)
Honestly? I don't know. We know so little about Al Hazarhed that saying 'yes' or 'no' is impossible. We do know that Jail is 'an orphan of Al Hazarhed' but whether that means he is actually from Al Hazarhed, a decendant of someone from Al Hazarhed, or the result of an experiment is unknown. Though concidering Al Hazarhed is supposed to be destroyed, I suppose that having people live in Al Hazarhed is a rather slim chance.

Quote:
What I meant was that the (alleged) Al Hazardian people might have a reason to leave Al Hazard. Nobody outside Al Hazard needs to know about their existence.

Or am I still misunderstanding this?
Oh, I thought you meant people from the TSAB rebelling, sorry, my mistake I misread it. In that case that could be possible. A group of Al Hazardians may have chosen to leave their homeworld for whatever reason you can think up.
Old 2007-12-30, 10:25   Link #18079
Tormenk

Quote:

In somewhat unrelated news...

Jigoku Shoujo Third Season?!?!?!?!?!?! You must be kidding... Now looking forward to more of Mai Ai Enma's misadventures into Unholy Punishment

*runs*
NANI??

Quote:

Oh and here's sauce:

See? New character.

ABSOLUTE WIN AND EPICNESS!!!!!

*dies from Eva fanboy overload*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-30, 12:26   Link #18080
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Don't worry, when "that night" comes, no one and no thing will intefere...though, someone will be walking by that room and listen to it...

Yeah
Sounds very, very promising and intriguing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Thanks for the comments.

Well, to tell you the truth, chapter 13 will have to wait for next year since it's the end of year 2007 at the moment (everyone, including I, doesn't have the courage to continue flooding this thread now ). Maybe once the clock strikes 12 times and the calendar shows January 1st 2008 will we get to pump ourselves.

Too bad no preview to share today.
Well, it's all right, considering that most everyone is in a celebrative mood right now. New previews in a new year sounds just mighty fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Hmm...I'm not sure if anyone would actually find a desk job likable or enjoyable. But at least its not hell, yet... Still its quite boring and tedious really.

To be honest I'd probably learn what I can from this company and call it quits when I find another. Why? Cuz I hate the fact that the shifts are kinda, what gamers like to say "gay"?

In any case, nothing from me yet but I'm definitely going to work on it sometime this week. Its been awhile since I've seen any post this long, so here's to hoping everyone gets back soon and start flooding this place again.

P.S. I just realized something. NSFW really applies to me now. So if you are going to post something that isn't safe for work, do include a spoiler tag with that.

Well, most people start off being at the desk (except for laboratory staff), so there's actually little to gripe, unless you have been doing it for years and remain so. Still, considering that it's just a start, just take it easy.

And yeah, we'll remember the NSFW thing.

Quote:
Welcome back!
Thanks!

Quote:
More yummy Guardians story to follow I hope.
Hopefully.

I'm already starting to work on Chapter Six (slightly), having to balance writing it in between my thesis and gaming time. Still, I'm already liking the first part that I've finished (~2400 words), but it's very metaphorical in nature. Anyone who can actually read between the lines would get a very good idea of how the story will flow.

Quote:
Welcomed. Though I'll still say Aaron still owns with Aurion's profile and later Almaria's.

Yup, the name "Day of the Tears of Fire" was taken from Ashan's history, pretty cool eh? Though none of the slightest connection to demon spies or the subsequent exile of the elves that would later be recognised as the Dark Elves.
All the same, all the same.

I'd say that the integration is flawless, though.

Quote:
Balancing at work and more future attempts to her magic style as well.

While close it's not exact mind-reading. She hasn't been totally wrapped from those experiences but nonetheless she has been affected to some degree, most noticeably in her mindset. Katrina retains some of her own questions and unknowns but she is fully aware and in control of each and every action she takes. Her malicious side is ever-present but not dominant, just supremely calm and at ease most of the time. I'll just let the future portrayals of her speak for themselves when the time comes though I have hit a slump lately.

Ah Leona. Quite abit you let on about her here and some similarities the two share. A pity the two would never meet since GuardianS is set in a slightly different timeline and scape while I would prefer for Katrina's stories to be set in Kerokanon, I'm having difficulties pinning down the exact timeframe.

We all meet stumps one way or another, time to get more lumberjacks around!

Quite fine, actually. I've not myself begin to unravel where one character begins and where another ends, and that just makes it all the better. And yes, will be looking forward to her future portrayals.

Quote:
And who would be the other accomplished mentalist? Katrina's interest in Lutecia lies with one of my current problems right now, since bringing Lutecia over to the Prize is bound for some fixing within the timeline.
We have Aurion, we have Tesla, we have Leona (though she doesn't show it much in GuardianS, it's in another story I planned for her very first introduction into Nanohaverse, if I could somehow pull it off). Quite a number of other characters as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Not to worry. A recent perusual of FlameSparkZ's OC, Yui, reminded me she got the name for Fimbulvetr first, of course the two spells being very much different in execution. Even similarly-named spells can have similar effects. As for Mastema and the Grimoire, only one spell has been fixed.

Taken into AMF's properties, the idea does have loopholes but that is still very much subject to future changes. As for now, the idea is for it to be casted as a single stand alone spell that activates on its own after casting, so the field can either be projected on a target location away from the caster or takes effect from the caster herself. The effect of her being affected as well is included as a equalizer for all within its effect, among a list of advantages and disadvantages.

The Fimbulvetr that I have in mind is not similar, either.

And I agree on the AMF part. It does have its disadvantages, among many. Still, with Katrina being an accomplished weaponsmaster (or so from her current profile), fighting with hand-weapons under AMF influence would not be a problem. This would give a change of scenario from magically-charged battles we usually have.

Quote:
Heh. The idea of a Jack came from you. Left to brew over time with crack and other ideas, it grew and fitted into the current product.
Why, this is certainly flattering. And I'm sure the crack is good.

Quote:
Tis butt the tip of deh iceber'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Still it feels a bit uncharacteristic of this thread so yeah. Start flooding this place people its pass Christmas!
The snow is still around, and maybe it's started to melt slightly. Brace for the flood in the coming days.

Quote:
Well, I must be on fire today

I wrote all this in one day...for lazy ol' me, it's a lot

Spoiler for Chapter 22 - Visiting Day - Part 1:

Some nice moments here
And I like it
As you can see, after the time that passed, Koji and Yui are getting along with the Forwards
Of course, Maren is too.

No visiting yet, maybe in the next part

That's it for now, more to come soon
NICE!

I especially like moments of blushes for Koji and Teana, it makes them cuter. And I would say that Vivio strikes me as very adorable when she did what she did (pulling Nanoha's sleeves and saying "Un!", for example ). Treize is still as serene as ever.

Quote:
For most people it seems, the holidays don't end till after New Years. Give or take a few days, and you'll see them flooding back in no time

Although kinda good thing it ain't flooding, or I'd be swamped

It saves me a lot as well, since I need to tackle about twenty or so pages of backlogs only after I poofed elsewhere.

Still, incoming flood detected with the new year in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Indeed, who did we think we are to compare to the Great Kamina-sama?

I'd rather not want that to happen.

Halcyon's Automated Defensive Program, designed to activate whenever the main system malfunctions (or in Tears of Northern Wind's case, breaking down due to excessive emotion overload). So yeah, Chapter 13 has Yami no Sho + OG1's final events. So expect lots of Limiter Released Blaster System-enabled Nanoha/Evil-Clearing GARMstrong/Hikki pimpin' kicking ass like never before.

But why Geist MX? Let's say it just came out of the blue.

Either way, I hope I don't have to do a Folka Albark here.
Sounds extremely EPIC!

Quote:
I LIVE.

Also, I think trying to go through the backlog this time is far beyond any human ability.
Welcome back, though I think this is just the first time the both of us has met (?). Still, well met.

Quote:
Where have I been? At first, I was waiting for StrikerS to finish so that I could figure out just how much I need to change my backstories to dodge what has been charmingly called the Ion Canon here, but it turns out that StrikerS only introduces more complications and questions without answering any I was wondering about.

Then I was busy working through other fanfic projects, all while assuring myself that the 37th CIAA and 8th IAR have not been forgotten. And then lots of other things happened in the "need to write this now" front, and the adventures of Ivey and Rancer just got pushed back to "I'll get to it when I get to it".

I've rewritten the first chapter of their story eight times, and I'm still not satisfied (too much banter in too short a span of text). Methinks I just need to keep plugging away at it.
Eight times? That's some effort put into writing something. Anyway, I do agree that StrikerS does introduce more complications than it answers anything, but some new premises do open up for future applications.

Quote:
I thought I saw someone lurking around here... but to actually post after a long absence is a nice New Year's treat indeed

Though unfortunately, I don't think anyone here truly can provide a rough summary of all the things that's happened and been discussed here, especially with only 1949 posts to 20000 posts We've had everything from scientific (and pseudoscientific) discussions to military issues, and all the banter, shameless plugs and spam in between, and that's just the padding to the actual BLUECHEESIUM content (and I nearly forgot to mention Tk3997's HAXXBUSTER revolution ) Although the Erio Skilift at the front page can you give more ideas on each one's individual OC's, which has really skyrocketed

Looking forward to seeing the 37th CIAA and the 8th IAR in action again, especially Ivey .

Oh, and more May please

That number ... it's an exaggeration, right? I mean, there should've been continual progress, but approximately a thousand times multiplication to its current state at such rapid speed? DOES NOT COMPUTE!

And yeah, I agree that this thread is a mixture of various stuff that works like a beautiful charm. Not to mention the exorbitant amount of cracks, yes?

Quote:
Hmm, was it really that self-contradictory? We all know that Precia was trying to revive Alicia through Project F (and possibly through the utilization of Jewel Seeds and Al-Hazardian technology), so reviving the dead is not completely impossible. The only sheer impossibility that I can think of in the same sense is raising completely decayed, fleshless dead people, which is something impossible even by magic in Nanohaverse. Formalin-preserved humans, though, might still be possible.

Quote:
I won't say that I'm an expert in all things Nanohaverse, but I'll try to be as logical as possible in explaining.

Al-Hazard actually does exist, seeing as how Precia was trying to get into it in order to get her hands on some of the forbidden technologies there, and how Jail seemed to be connected to the said planet with his knowledge on the Al-Hazardian culture of self-preservation through memory transfer and genetic persistence (this is shown in StrikerS, where he mentions to Fate that it is "common Al-Hazardian practice" to actually transfer oneself through genetic manipulation so that the said person can survive and live; Jail himself transplanted his genes into the wombs of the Numbers).

The connection between Cradle and Al-Hazard, I'm not particularly sure, though I'm of the opinion that the Cradle is linked with the Saint King more than Al-Hazard itself.

Al-Hazard's technologies, during the dimensional dislocation, seems to have spread out in the universe, and the planet itself seems to have "folded in" upon itself, trapping it in an entirely different dimension (hence, the need for massive amounts of energy to get into it). Again, I'm not particularly sure if Al-Hazard itself exists in the same dimension in which Mid-childa and the rest of the planets before it dislocated, so this is shaky at best. Also, I don't think that you need to get anything out of it, since most (or all) of its technologies have been scattered around the universe.

Quote:

Al-Hazard still existing as a ruined planet is plausible, though I tend to think that it no longer exists, given that the anime showed the dimensional dislocation to be strong enough to cause a whole planetary devastation. Maybe it can exist as pieces and shards, but any semblance of a planet, maybe not.

Precia's dream of restoring Alicia is perhaps driven by the fact that she believes it still exists (when it really does not), and she'd want to chance it just so that she can save Alicia.

Quote:

The requisites are:

I wouldn't say that the idea is impossible. Pretty much, the TSAB itself does not have every planet under its scrutiny (which would've have required a far more extensive manpower than what is shown), so the possibility of a hidden ancient civilization is still there. A splinter faction and the significance for its change is very much up to your writing (similar to Miliene in GuardianS, though it's already destroyed), so there's nothing to worry about too much.
Closed Thread