3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-17, 18:07   Link #381
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
If he doesn't want to be a real soldier then the brass should either suspend him or court martial him.
Only problem is he's too damn good at what he does for them to do that. Seeing as he's perfectly capable of fighting the Gundams where as even with GN tech most pilots just can't match the experienced Meisters. He's too useful for them to let him go. If CB was defeated for good maybe they might. Especially now that they lost Soma he'll be even more indispensible.

It's like despite Shinn being such a loose cannon in GSD Zaft overlooked most of his actions because he was only one capable of defeating Kira.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:19   Link #382
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post

It's like despite Shinn being such a loose cannon in GSD Zaft overlooked most of his actions because he was only one capable of defeating Kira.
Perfect analogy. He hasn't done anything wrong anyways.
Old 2008-11-17, 18:27   Link #383
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
I didn't reject your analysis. Graham's mental state may well became exactly like it is now due to what happened at the end of the first season but I have rejected the notion that he would still be serving or even allowed to serve in a military unit. His most recent actions certainly deserve a severe reprimand and suspension if not alright expulsion.
By normal military standards, you might be right, but by Gundam Standards he's well within his rights...It's not like the A-LAWS are some totally federal sponsered outfit that have "Go ALAWS" army ads to attract confused teens...This is a private militray organization, much like the PMC trust who hire skilled fighters like Ali to do their bidding...If Bushido has a "get out of jail free" card, then he can GO, he can collect 200$...The episode isn't completley clear whether or not the other ALAW fighters saw Bushido purposely leave Gundam 00 alive or just his abrupt fleeing of the scene, so Bushido doesn't really have anything to be reprimanded for with a slashed off arm for his troubles...

From a peanut gallery perspective, I'm sure it's fair to view Bushido's actions here as ridiculous, but in-terms of understanding his character-build, to say he needs to "cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier..." , that totally betrays the intended effect of the faux personality...He chooses to be this character, so he doesn't have to cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier...Graham Aker was the balance that equally measured fighting passion verses military practicality...Mr. Bushido is only the fighting passion side of that balance...
Old 2008-11-17, 18:33   Link #384
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
One thing I do like about this show is that you can never figure out how an arc will end or how the pace will change (sometimes pretty rapidly)…I mean you may be able to figure out where something is going, but Gundam 00 will surprise you with how they unexpectedly “deal with” a subplot or plot dynamic that you thought would be bigger or longer…Keeps you on your toes and adds to the suspense of finding out what happens next…I thought this ep did a good job of unexpectedly accelerating the Perfectluyah storyline…I mean you watch the ep anticipating 1 more planted seed to an overall development and by the end you are given the full grown apple to bite on…Mizushima has done this plenty of times and it is definitely within his overall technique in this show of putting the character motivations over any type of plot hype…I just like the fact that the pace is so unpredictable at times and that’s a good thing…
I think that most of us just thought that this would be like a new show forgetting that this should technically be the 32nd episode of the series, so I wouldn’t call it accelerating as much to give room for other charters to grow (Al did get an episode named after all last season) but I pretty much agree with what you said there.

Quote:
So now Perfect Mary and her skitso medical table stalker are finely together…It was rather sweet to see Soma Pieres turn into the long lost sister of Marina Ismail (who sorta needs a second personality to deal with hearing AdizZzzzZZzstan is gone)…Perfect Mary’s charm is also the perfect amalgam of mothercon x siscon x unstable skitso fetish love (Cue the Sumeragi WTF-face thinking she was doing all that )…Al has found every naughty combo in one perfect lady…Perhaps his and hers lobotomies are in the future, but for now I guess a perfect kiss will do^^…I doubt Sergei predicted he’d be giving away his daughter to the backdrop of insect-infested forest life and mechanized malaria, but the Bearnov Smirnov is gonna save a lot on wedding costs now…I guess his son was right, because Smirnov let Pieres die fast and quick…I guess a more acceptable father would have kidnapped her and put her in a mind-wiping bubblebed making her forget the kind, insane person that used something to wrap her pretty head, but that’s cutting room floor GSD scripts there I guess…Way to put one more foot in that grave Sergei, you will be missed after you’re obviously missed ofcourse…

Seriously though I thought the shift in character was pretty unexpected and good for their dynamic…With this story arc outta the way we can now rule out the epic Gundam 00 Final Plus ep where Al vs. Soma ends tragically…Or can we? Soma might come out to play again and it will be interesting to see what dynamic she will add to the ship and the fighting (We all know she’s gonna fight again despite Al’s claims—So I’m hoping she brought her suit with her…Every ship needs a Rick Diaz type to go with the behemoth G-suits^0^) … Me smells a Sergei’s son mind-wiping bubblebed alert!!

About the whole Some coming back, she never went anywhere in the first place. She just fused with Marie and became her true self (memories intact) But I have a feeling that this might just not end in happiness for them (Lockon’s eye should be a reminder of this)

Quote:
Overall the bit in the end with all the Pieres flashbacks seemed a bit too much and overkill, but the kiss in the end established a real romantic element to the show I know many will be pissed about and many couldn’t wait for..I expect full frontal nudity from the Soran x Marina ship if even the siscon kiss got screentime (Again cue Sumeragi trashing her Al-Hal doujinshi’s)…
I thought it was really nice (though the rain was a bit much) but it reminded me of when Louise and Saji separated in a similar fashion (with the montage and the song). I really want to make another ''why are Al and Saji similar'' piece now.

Quote:
So pretty good ep and I’ll give it an 8 outta 10…The only 2 subtractions were the Pieres overkill flashbacks near the end, and I’m also becoming increasingly concerned with Setsuna’s lack of thought on his near pwnage...It always bothers me when the passion is only coming from one side (In GSD I was infuriated by the fact that Kira never acknowledged the fighter he was having probs against)…I was a bit disappointed that Setsuna didn’t even give a minute of thought on why Bushido would let him go (never mind the shame or humiliation that might have brought getting 00 pwned after he was clearly told not to use Trans Am—Hell the Gn Drives could have been confiscated and all that if Bushido actually gave a damn)….He indeed exhibits great passion during battle but outside of battle he needs to think about his most pressing opponent (Saaachez will have to wait)...Nearly gave the ep a 7 based on this, but Perfect Mary’s skitsofrentic lips, did the trick [=…
Will, the thing is it is a one sided attraction from Mr. Bushido, Setsuna doesn’t know that this is meant to be a battle for the ages, it is all in Mr.’s head.
Old 2008-11-17, 18:44   Link #385
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

great ep. i've always enjoyed the Marie/Al portion of the show, and now that that's semi resolved, its all good. so much for my pre season guess that they'd off each other.. haha. i was also convinced that Sergei was going to die this ep too. guess its good to be wrong.

good thing that Tieira's getting development now too. he got none of it last season.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:47   Link #386
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

@ WD: O_o @ analyses. I'm not sure this is a perfectluyah storyline though, since there is no Hal to speak of and now Soma's just walking around in a sweater.

As for Setsuna having no passion, of course he has none towards Graham. He thinks Graham is some crazy stubborn freak. But put him against Ali and you'll have passion. Graham is just a distraction and I think we both know that. He's become a caricature of himself to the point that he's a juxtaposition of seriousness and utterly ridiculous and kept around only for utility's sake.

As for Kira never acknowledging Shinn, of course not. When he said effectively about ep 34: "pfeh, wasn't trying. Was distracted." and then went and WTFpwnt Shinn later, that's like Tom Brady after all of the Pats' postgame conferences essentially saying "yeah, we rock". Of course it's a bit boring, but then again, a passionate Kira going for the utter win...well, look what happened to Rey. He got gruntified!

I'm just wondering about the Saji/Darth Halevy story now. That's the utterly most ridiculous aspect of this story. Louise just goes and enlists in the military and gets a GN suit? Lawlz. She's the biggest source of goofiness in this entire show.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 19:00   Link #387
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

Lol'd @ Mr. Bushido's facial expression.
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 19:01   Link #388
Aquaman OS

Louise is more or less most of the Alaws funding. If she wants to pilot they'll let her pilot.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:02   Link #389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
Lol'd @ Mr. Bushido's facial expression.
It's the kind of face someone would pull when they expect a fully cooked lunch, though instead is invited to a fast food restaurant. NOT HAPPY.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:06   Link #390
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
@ WD: O_o @ analyses. I'm not sure this is a perfectluyah storyline though, since there is no Hal to speak of and now Soma's just walking around in a sweater.

As for Setsuna having no passion, of course he has none towards Graham. He thinks Graham is some crazy stubborn freak. But put him against Ali and you'll have passion. Graham is just a distraction and I think we both know that. He's become a caricature of himself to the point that he's a juxtaposition of seriousness and utterly ridiculous and kept around only for utility's sake.

As for Kira never acknowledging Shinn, of course not. When he said effectively about ep 34: "pfeh, wasn't trying. Was distracted." and then went and WTFpwnt Shinn later, that's like Tom Brady after all of the Pats' postgame conferences essentially saying "yeah, we rock". Of course it's a bit boring, but then again, a passionate Kira going for the utter win...well, look what happened to Rey. He got gruntified!

I'm just wondering about the Saji/Darth Halevy story now. That's the utterly most ridiculous aspect of this story. Louise just goes and enlists in the military and gets a GN suit? Lawlz. She's the biggest source of goofiness in this entire show.
The model for the GN XIII states that Louise is one of the people funding A-Laws since her families vast fortune belongs to her. Most likely one of her stipulations for funding A-Laws was becoming a pilot since she can get revenge on Celestial Being.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 19:44   Link #391
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

Well I think it's fair to note that nearly every masked man in Gundam history (including your beloved Millardo) can be classified as a distraction or an irritant...That's what the mask guys do...They challenge the main character to make him better..In this case the fact that Bushidono would have WON THE ACTUAL GUNDAM (Instead of just some l33t exchange of skills) changes matters here...I didn't want him to focus on how he was bested, but the fact that he literally could have lost 00 to the other side and why Bushido would just pass on the chance to essentially shift the war...He doesn't give one line of dialogue on this event and that's a shame...

Quote:
Lets just put this on your tombstone and you can put the 500 times we've debated this exact topic on mines...Kira texting his vote in for American Idol during a war will never sit well with me...Nor his ghey response to the fight itself...

Quote:
I guess I just don't find it that odd that in a show where 50% of the greatest pilots are kids off the street propelled into instant action that a girl who trains for like 4 years in a Gundam can't get good (especially in the future with advanced A.I. at her disposal)...Give me 4 years of Gundam simulation or training and watch in glee as I merc multiple Windams^0^....
Old 2008-11-17, 20:20   Link #392
shrike
The Will of Metatron

I can't recall the last time I watched something that has set me into such levels of nerd rage.

Sunrise basically destroyed their best female character to do what? To give Al a girl. They basically reduced Soma to a disposable character and swapped her out for some flavorless generic moe blob. Hooray. And 'Marie' is evidently ok with Al being a mass-murdering terrorist, cuz y'know her alternate personality shot him. That's obviously putting them on moral equivalence.

As soon the whole 'Marie' thing came to light in S2 I was dreading this would happen and I looks like I was right. Abandoning your friends, comrades and family for 'true love'. Bleh. No thanks. It probably doesn't help that I don't find Al sympathetic at all, and mostly just wish he'd hurry up and die so we can get some new Gundam pilots.
shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 20:22   Link #393
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike View Post
I can't recall the last time I watched something that has set me into such levels of nerd rage.

Sunrise basically destroyed their best female character to do what? To give Al a girl. They basically reduced Soma to a disposable character and swapped her out for some flavorless generic moe blob. Hooray. And 'Marie' is evidently ok with Al being a mass-murdering terrorist, cuz y'know her alternate personality shot him. That's obviously putting them on moral equivalence.

As soon the whole 'Marie' thing came to light in S2 I was dreading this would happen and I looks like I was right. Abandoning your friends, comrades and family for 'true love'. Bleh. No thanks. It probably doesn't help that I don't find Al sympathetic at all, and mostly just wish he'd hurry up and die so we can get some new Gundam pilots.
Let's wait and see. We might have Soma coming back and causing trouble.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 20:24   Link #394
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:

I think this whole scenario is gonna twist its own head off though...Sergei's son will play a part in this and there's no way Soma//Perfect Mary is finished fighting...Be patient, my spidey sense tells me she'll be semi-raping lesser mechs very soon...If her quantum brainwaves were influenced once, they'll be influence again...
Old 2008-11-17, 20:26   Link #395
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

plus you know that chances are one or both of them will be offed before the series is over..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 20:29   Link #396
shrike
The Will of Metatron

I don't want her raping lesser mechs. I want her fighting Celestial Being dammit.

There's a distinct lack of decent antagonist pilots now. Bushido is only interested in Exia, Ali is off massacring civilians and Louis is not nearly good enough to hold her own.
shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 20:29   Link #397
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Let's wait and see. We might have Soma coming back and causing trouble.
Given that Marie has Soma's memories, I see no reason why with Soma dominant she wouldn't have Marie's memories now.

My personal feelings is that Allelujah will try not to have Marie fight, but Marie will go out and save his ass causing them to come to a better understanding. Its flat out shown that Soma/Marie was one of the best pilots in the show.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 20:43   Link #398
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I don't want her raping lesser mechs. I want her fighting Celestial Being dammit.

There's a distinct lack of decent antagonist pilots now. Bushido is only interested in Exia, Ali is off massacring civilians and Louis is not nearly good enough to hold her own.
LOL, dude I just threw that in for fun, she really hasn't raped anyone but Al all series...So raping lesser mechs would be a good re-start point (like the Kateron people)...As for the rest, the epilogue answered your question...The new antagonists will be Ribbon's Innovators...It's already been hinted that they are all pilots, and you got the new lime-green Gundam next week...Plus the A-LAW grunts backing these guys with Katie's leadership should provide a formidable challenge..I think Perfect Mary has just got you bumming...
Old 2008-11-17, 20:55   Link #399
Aquaman OS

Yeah Innovators are the bad guys now. We sort of see their plan here. They sent Ali to destroy Asadistan and they used that as an excuse to have the UN (which they are also secretly controlling) start disbanding all the countries and install a puppet government. So basically the Innovators are trying to get rid of all countries and put the world in their direct control. There you go. Would you rather have her as a manipulated slave to Ribbons or as part of the protagonists forces (since I'm almost certain one of Meisters will die or get injured and she'll be replacing them)
Old 2008-11-17, 21:01   Link #400
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Louise is more or less most of the Alaws funding. If she wants to pilot they'll let her pilot.
Plus, Ribbons did something to her that gave him a direct connection to her brain (probably via quantum brainwaves, since I doubt that Soma could sense normal brainwaves). Louise is a special project of the Innovators and thus gets special treatment.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote