AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Which direction did you see it spin first?
Clockwise 24 58.54%
Counter Clockwise 8 19.51%
Half and Half 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-04, 13:11   Link #81
Tymari
Nyoro~n

Send a message via MSN to Tymari
I've tried this a few months ago, and I couls see only the picture turning clockwise. But now, when I concentrate, I can make it turn counter clockwise. When I blink my eyes, the pictures turns clockwise again.
Tymari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:00   Link #82
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Your percentage score for the right brain is 53%.
Your percentage score for the left brain is 47%.

Anyways, I was thinking about this pic, and I thought,there should be an answer to "Which way is the girl REALLY going" because the person who created would have had to make it one way or the other. So I saved the images and opened it up on imageready and looks at all the frames. It was going counter clockwise. Though, I would like other people to try this theory of mine. I'm kinda curious weather I am right or not lol.
From what i see the woman spins clockwise while the shadows spins on the other direction causing the illusion. This is just a simple theory of mine but I might be wrong.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:46   Link #83
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I See Both Of Them Clockwise And Counter Clockwise..
And I Try The Tricks ...
I Voted For Half And Half
Old 2008-01-04, 17:24   Link #84
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
From what i see the woman spins clockwise while the shadows spins on the other direction causing the illusion. This is just a simple theory of mine but I might be wrong.
Yes, your theory is wrong I don't mean that it isn't what you can see (or what your brain perceives to see) but the figure isn't "rotating" in the first place.
Quote:
Edit: Sorry I am incorrect here. The shadow of the foot may well be part of the illusion since it only really "works" as a shadow if the so called rotation of the figure is anti-clockwise
Please remember that this is a 2D image, your brain is interpreting it into a 3D solid. The brain is creating the illusion that the figure is "solid" and that the figure and / or the shadow is rotating clockwise or anti-clockwise.

There is a good reason why the figure is in black. The illusion doesn't work if this was a real figure or if it was If we could see the actual surface of the figure.

No one has seemed to have noticed that depending on which "direction" the figure moves, the outstretched leg is different. If you see the figure rotating clockwise then the right leg is outstretched while if the figure is rotating anti-clockwise then it is the left leg that is outstretched.

Last edited by xris; 2008-01-04 at 17:28. Reason: Added quote
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:52   Link #85
Tran225

ok lets see....

For Sport
Tennis, Basketball, Football I use my right hand
For Writing / Chop Stick I use my left hand but for Sissors i use my right hand o_O
basically my right hand is stronger but my left hand is more.... iono... more control? kinda...

so what brain do i use overall?
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:58   Link #86
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Multifunction, that's all. Meaning you got overall more control of of both sides of your brain.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:07   Link #87
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Its not spinning at all.

This is an advanced and very well done form of an older optical illusion,

Spoiler for image:

I don't have an animated version, but the idea is its two black boxes, the smaller one would shift back and forth in a manner so that it slows down slightly when it reaches the edges. this causes the brain to think its a 3d object, and creates a third invisible axis where the box is "swinging around" when in reality its just strafing.

The illusion comes from the two ways your mind can see this: either you will imagine a nonexistent Z axis where "it" swings behind itself first and then in front of itself ( you will hallucinate it swinging counterclockwise ) or you will imagine it with it swinging in front of itself first, causing it to appear clockwise. like xris said, it works because its black. Your mind creates a light source behind it and a 3d image is born from the shadows.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 22:30   Link #88
FateAnomaly

Its quite weird. At first i see that it is spinning anti-clockwise then i read some text when i go back again, it is spinning clockwise and i can't perceive it to turn ACW. So i go read some more and then it turn ACW. But i cannot control how i perceive it no matter how hard i try (I even got a slight headache looking at it). I have to leave it and come back to the image to get it change.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 22:47   Link #89
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I can't see it atm >.<

I think i'll need the animated one.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 15:53   Link #90
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker
Its not spinning at all.

This is an advanced and very well done form of an older optical illusion,

The illusion comes from the two ways your mind can see this: either you will imagine a nonexistent Z axis where "it" swings behind itself first and then in front of itself ( you will hallucinate it swinging counterclockwise ) or you will imagine it with it swinging in front of itself first, causing it to appear clockwise. like xris said, it works because its black. Your mind creates a light source behind it and a 3d image is born from the shadows.
If I understood you correctly, are you talking about the stereoscopic imaging?

From the same website where the original spinning dancer illusion came from (moillusions.com):
Spoiler:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:47   Link #91
Fate21
Kiyu~

First i see clockwise and then become counter clockwise and then clockwise and so on..
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:52   Link #92
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
I've seen this months ago and well I can get myself to switch between which way it spins but at first I always see it spinning clock.
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:03   Link #93
Shadow Kira01

It spins clockwise but if you pay attention to the shadow, it changes to counter-clockwise and back. Generally, this is just one of the many optical illusions on the site.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:04   Link #94
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
Yeah it's made to spin clockwise but you can still see it either way. Apparently like one of the frames is set where it looks like the leg is either showing the back side or the front side and that part is what confuses you.
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:06   Link #95
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

When I first saw the image it was turning clockwise, but then after minutes of wracking my brain I was finally able to see it counterclockwise . Now I have the ability to see it clockwise, counterclockwise and half at will, though I still default to clockwise.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:38   Link #96
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I remember this image, but can't remember which way it spun the first time I saw it. It started counter-clockwise for me this time though, but I can also alter it at will.