AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-12-07, 09:00   Link #1
Ace Paladin

Please Help. D:

Every time I try to play an episode of Mouryou no Hako, (Episode 1), It'll mess up. Subtitles will delay, the audio will move faster than the video, the video will freeze... things like that.

I've tried Windows Media Player, as well as VLC (which I normally use). All other anime seems to work fine for me. D:

Is there a codec or something I'm missing? I've downloaded/installed the CCCP before...
Old 2008-12-07, 09:20   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sounds like a codec issue. I suggest you have a read of the How do I get this fansub to play? sticky.

Uninstall your existing codexs, install CCCP again and use Media Player Classic (which is not the same as Windows Media Player).
Old 2008-12-07, 19:12   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Based on your description it is also possible your PC isn't powerful enough to play this fansub. Just keep the Task Manager open while you try to play it; if the CPU load goes to 100% than that's your answer.

If the file is a HD quality MKV file, try finding a XviD version that may be more suitable to your computer. Or in case the encoder of the fansub group made a mistake with the file (like leaving it at 60fps or using soft-subtitled karaoke subs) that requires more CPU power to play, try the same episode from another fansub group, if available. Last, if there is no alternative available, try CoreAVC if the file uses h264 video.
Old 2008-12-07, 22:15   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

I had the same problem with Seto no Hanayome particularly, even though everything else worked perfectly fine. I believe the issue isn't your player or codecs, but the corrupted video file itself.
Old 2008-12-08, 12:45   Link #5
Ace Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I had the same problem with Seto no Hanayome particularly, even though everything else worked perfectly fine. I believe the issue isn't your player or codecs, but the corrupted video file itself.

That sounds about right... because it's ONLY this series.

I've had the CCCP/VLC media player for years now... it's what I use with anime subs.

This is really the only problem I had since I first learned what codecs were for and why I needed them. xD