AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 03:42   Link #761
T-6000

Did anyone see the two gameplay demos for Call of Duty Ghosts? Man, talk about the epitome of underwhelming. The first gameplay demo, "Into the Deep", had very little gameplay. It was mostly just scripted stuff. I wanted to see how underwater combat works in this game, and other people have stated this also. The second footage, "No Man's Land", was just as underwhelming. In fact, it seems a little silly that a lone dog can take out armed soldiers without any of them taking it out with their weapons. Not to mention the video was mostly comprised of the dog taking out the enemy soldiers without the player using any of his weapons. As one person posted in the comments section, "This is basically like the RC Bombs in COD Black Ops, except it's with a dog". All in all, from what I am seeing of Ghosts I am not one bit impressed. And it's just as silly that those that are defending the game and saying that it "Looks great!" (for the life of me, I don't know how), they are resorting to petty namecalling on those that show no interest in the game. If they think the game "Looks Great" then good for them, more power to them. But it's pathetic how they resort to baseless namecalling and trolling on those that express their honest opinion and showing no interest in Ghosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I hate how some in the media keeps comparing Steam with the XBox One as if they're the same. They aren't the same, Microsoft is not Valve. Microsoft is greedy, you know they will not be doing Steam-like sales or sales as frequently as Steam at all nor do they have a history of even wanting to do that. Hell many games have been sitting at the same price point for years on XBL long after many make notice of them. Hell I don't even see Microsoft allowing big sales, like on Steam, where Civ 5 and Saints Row the Third are heavily discounted to help push advertisement for the Civ 5 Expansion and Saints Row IV.

There's also the part where Steam has far better experience with Digital things in this format by far, Microsoft will stick to their guns and will only have sales/discounts if they must and even than I'm sure they'll be kicking and dragging their feet as long as possible before than.

That and Steam has competition that doesn't require you to buy a new computer(Console) and isn't mandatory as well as having a permanent offline mode if you choose to use it.
You make some excellent points, there just isn't much to compare with for Xbox One's online services and Steam. On of the biggest differences is that Steam's online gaming services it provides are free. With Xbox live, you have to pay $60 a year (and there have been some rumors that Microsoft plans on raising the fee to $100). I remember when Games for Windows Live was released for the PC and Microsoft tried to charge the same monthly fee as on the XBox. PC Gamers refused when Steam offered many of the same services for free. So in a last ditch effort to attract customers they dropped the monthly fees on the PC, but too little too late.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 05:23   Link #762
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Did anyone see the two gameplay demos for Call of Duty Ghosts? Man, talk about the epitome of underwhelming. The first gameplay demo, "Into the Deep", had very little gameplay. It was mostly just scripted stuff. I wanted to see how underwater combat works in this game, and other people have stated this also. The second footage, "No Man's Land", was just as underwhelming. In fact, it seems a little silly that a lone dog can take out armed soldiers without any of them taking it out with their weapons. Not to mention the video was mostly comprised of the dog taking out the enemy soldiers without the player using any of his weapons. As one person posted in the comments section, "This is basically like the RC Bombs in COD Black Ops, except it's with a dog". All in all, from what I am seeing of Ghosts I am not one bit impressed. And it's just as silly that those that are defending the game and saying that it "Looks great!" (for the life of me, I don't know how), they are resorting to petty namecalling on those that show no interest in the game. If they think the game "Looks Great" then good for them, more power to them. But it's pathetic how they resort to baseless namecalling and trolling on those that express their honest opinion and showing no interest in Ghosts.
This.

I honestly could not believe how underwhelmed I was with the presentation Eric Hirshberg also changing his tune referring to the engine as "new" even though it's already been declared as the same as MW3 with some upgrades. Animation was laggy, dog animation for first person was just taken from Black Ops 2 horse. I can understand not focusing on the engine if the story is compelling but I'm not seeing at the moment how this is any different to MW3. They could easily have been developing this as a MW4 and swapped name late in development as I'm not seeing any real innovation.
Old 2013-06-10, 05:41   Link #763
Hoaviet

What I wish for...

Is to see what the PS4 looks like, did they release an image of it yet?
Old 2013-06-10, 05:51   Link #764
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaviet View Post
What I wish for...

Is to see what the PS4 looks like, did they release an image of it yet?
Only a blurry closeup still taken from a video
Old 2013-06-10, 07:08   Link #765
finalfury
Incognito

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/rumor-mic...-mentions-more
If these rumors are true, then a shitstorm awaits gamers from Microsoft
Old 2013-06-10, 07:12   Link #766
Destined_Fate

I liked how they tried to pretend fish moving out of the way was new when Super Mario 64 had that feature years ago. >_>

-

If that's true Microsoft would be braking some law or another as that's bribery and very anti-competitive. I doubt it's legal for you to pay people to literally shut their mouths about a game being on the competitions console as well. Commercials can get away with this as you're paying them not to say a thing, just to have your logo at the end. However paying people to shit up entirely to hurt the competition? Doubt the legality of that.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-06-10 at 07:26.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 07:42   Link #767
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
The only way Microsoft can turn this around, is if they were to say that all bad things about the XBox One, at the Press conference in May was just some sick twisted viral marketing.
That reminds me of those cleaning product commercials that can get so idiotic only for you to memorize it cuz' of it's stupidity, and would eventually buy it just for the hell of it. Various types of marketing I guess.

Of course I'm not saying that they hope Xbox will be sold just for the hell of it.

Anyway, looking forward to the games. Chips and drink are ready.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:55   Link #768
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
That reminds me of those cleaning product commercials that can get so idiotic only for you to memorize it cuz' of it's stupidity, and would eventually buy it just for the hell of it. Various types of marketing I guess.
Like you said, it's one thing when it's a $10 bottle of bleach. It's another thing when it's a $500 console. Also, only thing I can think of that's so stupid I want to try it is "Head-on".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:38   Link #769
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nintendo's booths and E3 direct was the 11th, right?
I hope videos of the booths will be recorded and posted somewhere.

PS: Yeah, the 11th.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d...611/index.html
NicoDouga link
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv140524273
Super Smash Bros will be revealed, but as always, I am worried because of BandaiNamco. I can only imagine them inserting their damn Tales and idiotic DLC in the game.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2013-06-10 at 08:50.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:07   Link #770
GDB

I see nothing wrong with putting Tales in as a single character. It'd likely be Lloyd or Zelos anyway, and it's not like a swordsman or magic user would be anything new (Fire Emblem, Zelda, Link, Mewtwo). I mean, if we can have freaking Snake in, why not Tales?
Old 2013-06-10, 10:17   Link #771
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Because it's Tales.
And I want BandaiNamco to keep their influence out of the game as much as possible.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:36   Link #772
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Did anyone see the two gameplay demos for Call of Duty Ghosts? Man, talk about the epitome of underwhelming. The first gameplay demo, "Into the Deep", had very little gameplay.
I'm not sure why they decided to use those clips. I have never played a Call of Duty game, but the underwater sequence looked so dull and unfun to play that I don't even have the interest to check out the other one. I would imagine that neither of them are going to be very good at showing any graphical prowess. However, Activision did release a graphics demo as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrZoMmggog

It shows some neat effects, but it's nothing too impressive. However, Call of Duty hasn't been a graphical powerhouse since '07 or so, and that won't change until they move on to a new engine. If you want to look at games taking better advantage of the new consoles' graphics, you'd be better off looking at titles like Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Infamous Second Son or Knack. Also, PS4 games should always look significantly better than Xbone games.

I wonder how many Xbone games are going to be playable at E3. I would imagine that Microsoft is still quite behind in development tools, and it'd be neat to see confirmation of that. For that matter, we will know a lot more about everything by the end of today.
Old 2013-06-10, 10:41   Link #773
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not sure why they decided to use those clips. I have never played a Call of Duty game, but the underwater sequence looked so dull and unfun to play that I don't even have the interest to check out the other one. I would imagine that neither of them are going to be very good at showing any graphical prowess. However, Activision did release a graphics demo as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrZoMmggog

It shows some neat effects, but it's nothing too impressive. However, Call of Duty hasn't been a graphical powerhouse since '07 or so, and that won't change until they move on to a new engine. If you want to look at games taking better advantage of the new consoles' graphics, you'd be better off looking at titles like Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Infamous Second Son or Knack. Also, PS4 games should always look significantly better than Xbone games.

I wonder how many Xbone games are going to be playable at E3. I would imagine that Microsoft is still quite behind in development tools, and it'd be neat to see confirmation of that.
Its already being criticize for its graphics by brats who are deep fans of Battlefield. I've been playing games for years, even back to the Genesis age so I don't really get it. Is it this generation of gaming that is like that? I always thought gameplay is much more important than graphics, have that change in recent years?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-06-10 at 10:53.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:45   Link #774
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because it's Tales.
And I want BandaiNamco to keep their influence out of the game as much as possible.
Uh... there is nothing wrong with including a Tales character. The controls for executing Artes in the Tales games are exactly the same as specials in Smash Bros (up/down/left/right + button).

The danger is if they include it in the form of DLC, which isn't very likely for Bamco, and even if they wanted to, I'm pretty sure Sakurai and/or Nintendo in general has the power to overrule that decision.

If it's just the series you hate, then you could just... you know, not play the damn character. The roster past the original has not been small, even counting Nintendo only characters.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:54   Link #775
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because it's Tales.
People have been clamoring for a Tales representative longer than a Metal Gear representative. And "Because it's Tales" is just as much a reason to include it as it is to exclude it, so...
Old 2013-06-10, 11:01   Link #776
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its already being criticize for its graphics by brats who are deep fans of Battlefield. I've been playing games for years, even back to the Genesis age so I don't really get it. Is it this generation from gaming that is like that? I always thought gameplay is much more important than graphics, have that change in recent years?
Well, graphic is always important to me. When I say "graphic", I didn't mean it has to be realistic or shiny, though. Appropriated graphic would be what I mean. Something that could have the epic feeling as God of War's environment, or mesmerizing as Uncharted, or even colorful as Altelier are all good in my book. Choosing a style, and then utilizing it as good as possible is what I consider "good graphic". For example, the different in graphic between Atelier Rorona and Totori is a huge jump, while gameplay is important, the graphic did enhance my experience with the game a lot. Conclusion, we shouldn't dismiss graphic as something unnecessary.

To be fair, most of the time people who are complaining about Graphic doesn't know what they want anyway.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:01   Link #777
Soverence

Well it seems that the microsoft press conference is about to start, I wonder how they are planning to salvage the train wreck that has been the Xbox One so far.

Edit: Anyone else having trouble getting the stream on gamespot to load?
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:04   Link #778
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm watching it from here:
http://kotaku.com/watch-microsofts-e...-liv-512282280

Did I just see 44 PS4 games and 26 Xbone games?
Old 2013-06-10, 11:16   Link #779
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, graphic is always important to me. When I say "graphic", I didn't mean it has to be realistic or shiny, though. Appropriated graphic would be what I mean. Something that could have the epic feeling as God of War's environment, or mesmerizing as Uncharted, or even colorful as Altelier are all good in my book. Choosing a style, and then utilizing it as good as possible is what I consider "good graphic". For example, the different in graphic between Atelier Rorona and Totori is a huge jump, while gameplay is important, the graphic did enhance my experience with the game a lot. Conclusion, we shouldn't dismiss graphic as something unnecessary.

To be fair, most of the time people who are complaining about Graphic doesn't know what they want anyway.
I know graphics are important, I say about 20 percent. At least for me, 20 percent graphics, 30 percent story, 50 percent gameplay. Call of Duty Ghost looks good in my opinion, the addition to dogs was a nice addition. I play competitive gaming though never competed for money not my thing, I've been to Major league Gaming (was my anniversary gift for my girlfriend last year, she like Starcraft) and played with a lot of people. Most people over there enjoy Call of Duty, never heard someone complain about Call of Duty except for the fact that some weapons were over powered. These days I head to gaming forums, it just complaints complaints, I feel like this generation of gaming is very good, but in my opinion the success of it is hindered to people who really does not know what to want in gaming.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:21   Link #780
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its already being criticize for its graphics by brats who are deep fans of Battlefield. I've been playing games for years, even back to the Genesis age so I don't really get it. Is it this generation of gaming that is like that? I always thought gameplay is much more important than graphics, have that change in recent years?
If graphics weren't important, then why would people need to buy new games? Very few new games are going to be as good or as fun to play as the 200 best games ever made so why don't we just play those instead?

And while I haven't played any Battlefield or Call of Duty games, I can tell you that the Ghosts gameplay trailer looks horribly dull, so where's the appeal? Bear in mind that we're only talking about what's been shown of Ghosts so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Well it seems that the microsoft press conference is about to start, I wonder how they are planning to salvage the train wreck that has been the Xbox One so far.

Edit: Anyone else having trouble getting the stream on gamespot to load?
Microsoft's not going to address any of the problems that people have with the Xbone. They'll just concentrate on all the new games and other flashy features instead. The rumor is that they're not going to talk policy until Gamescom in August.

You can also try the Gametrailers or Youtube streams if you're having problems. They should be better at handling heavy traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm watching it from here:
http://kotaku.com/watch-microsofts-e...-liv-512282280

Did I just see 44 PS4 games and 26 Xbone games?
There are a lot more PS4 titles announced so far, so that seems about right. There should be some more added to the Xbone tally by the end of the day, but PS4 will always have more games. Sony has an advantage in indie games, in free to play games, in quirky games out of Japan and in their own first party studios. Unless third party exclusives come back in a big way, the Xbone will never have as many games.