AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 19:24   Link #61
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vide-Kun
Code:
Tracklist:

1. EIKO - Automation
2. KOTOKO - Abyss
3. Mami - IMMORAL
4. KAORI - Do You Know The Magic?
5. MOMO - philosophy
6. KOTOKO - We Survive
7. MELL - Permit
8. KOTOKO - Lupe
9. SHIHO - Kiss the Future
10. MELL - Egen
11. KOTOKO - Imaginary affair
12. Mami - Eclipse
13. KOTOKO - Trust You're Truth ~Ashita wo Mamoru Yakusoku~
14. KOTOKO - Collective
Vide, me love you long time. Loooooooong time.

I realize this is probably a bad thing to say specifically in this thread, but... I feel that KOTOKO is a bit overrepresented on Collective. As much as she is definitely my favorite I've utahime, only two EIKO songs is a travesty. I'm also disappointed in the fact that the track-length average is pretty heavily down for this, at just about exactly 5 minutes.

I do, however, applaud them for including three songs that either ARE or BORDER being denpa (Do You Know the Magic?, Kiss the Future, and Imaginary Affair). While I'm not that much of a fan of denpa, it's brave of them and I like that. Further, the whole CD just bleeds awesome everywhere.

In other words, go to animejungle and buy Collective for it is teh win.

Edit: Fixed my inability to count.
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:10   Link #62
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
I realize this is probably a bad thing to say specifically in this thread, but... I feel that KOTOKO is a bit overrepresented on Collective. As much as she is definitely my favorite I've utahime, only two EIKO songs is a travesty.
KOTOKO is over-represented in I've Sound in general. Of the 314 songs in the I've Sound Explorer database right now:
* 158 have lyrics written by KOTOKO
* 27 have music composed by KOTOKO
* 133 have vocals sung by KOTOKO
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 06:22   Link #63
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
I'd just like to make a small correction. The name of the first song is not 'Automation', but 'Automaton'.

Sorry for my mistake, should have checked more carefully.
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 09:33   Link #64
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsura
I listened to her songs from the Kannazuki no Miko OP. Basically nothing fantastic.
Says YOU. =P
Old 2006-02-14, 18:42   Link #65
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have never heard this song before and i downloaded the other day its Suppuration iv been listening to it over and over i love the fast beat it just makes me want to dance. Has anyone else heard it?
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:35   Link #66
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Suppuration -core- is a KOTOKO image song from Kannazuki no Miko, and she also did the OP/ED to the series, Re-Sublimity and agony, respectively. If you like Suppuration, give the other two a listen.

Actually, KOTOKO and I've in general has numerous songs that will do the same thing for you.

I don't mind KOTOKO being highly represented in I've, I just wish I were getting more stuff that isn't her from the CD. No Lia song? Sadness.
Old 2006-02-14, 21:46   Link #67
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I have never heard this song before and i downloaded the other day its Suppuration iv been listening to it over and over i love the fast beat it just makes me want to dance. Has anyone else heard it?
I felt and acted the same way as you the first time I heard it.^^
Yes, Suppuration absolutely ROCKS.

It's also more fun if you turn up the base, turn off the lights and break out the glow sticks if you know what I mean. XD
Old 2006-02-15, 17:14   Link #68
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
I felt and acted the same way as you the first time I heard it.^^
Yes, Suppuration absolutely ROCKS.

It's also more fun if you turn up the base, turn off the lights and break out the glow sticks if you know what I mean. XD
Oh did i ever turn up the bass i was totally rocking out to it. Then i went to work and put my flash drive in and played it there all my co-workers were like he at it again with the japanese music stuff, but i didnt care i was in my own world. I think i like it so much because i listen to a lot of techno, jungle and drum bass and thats what the beat reminds me off and the vocal remind me of hardcore house. i have all the songs from Kannzuki no miko any other recommendations would be helpful
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 21:44   Link #69
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Other recommedations?

Get lots more KOTOKO and EIKO. Also Lia has a number of good techno-ish songs... well, yeah. Basically I've Sound will, in many cases, be doing something you'll be into.

Other than that, I'd suggest the Gundam SEED soundtracks, the OP/EDs for it are (with a few exceptions) pretty awesome.

I'm actually not much of a fan of Suppuration -core-. The beginning is just so... antimelodic. Then again, I hate breakbeat with a passion, so... nothing remotely like it is going to turn my crank.
Old 2006-02-16, 00:47   Link #70
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Nipponsei's upcoming page says that Shakugan no Shana OP2 is gonna be released on Mar.01. Also says it's by KOTOKO. Wheee~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:09   Link #71
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

I have been a dedicated fan to I've sound for atleast 4 years now. "Wing my way" was the first song I listened to; many fans claim it to be one of the top five songs I'VE ever produced.
I cannot really say I'm a big fan of KOTOKO-san. Her individual works aren't very impressive to me (the Sore wo tobetara album). For me, it is actually the co-working with I'VE as a vocalist, lyrics writer and composer that brings out KOTOKO's talents and makes her famous. Still, she is my number one JP singer anyway >w< KOTOKO-sama BANZAII~~

Much love for CG.Mix and Takase-sama~!
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 14:44   Link #72
Rasqual Twilight
~Walking on the Milkyway~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine
Much love for CG.Mix and Takase-sama~!
「C.G mix」でございます。 Let's be anal-retentive about the spelling (j/k)
Rasqual Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:27   Link #73
Nayuki
Primula Who?

Love Kotoko, Peko, Mami, Shiho, Mell, Aki (if she still exists), Lia and everybody in I've.
Nayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 08:19   Link #74
Saikang81

KOtoko Rulex!!!

yeah..... her songs are sure nice manx....... got that techno bit in them manx....... especially that song called "agony"...... her song genre really is my cup of tea......
Saikang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 20:36   Link #75
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayuki
Love Kotoko, Peko, Mami, Shiho, Mell, Aki (if she still exists), Lia and everybody in I've.
Speaking of Peko, I LOVE the song Otome Gokoro Neko Mimi from this one game-er I mighta screwed up the title. But it is the CUTEST song evar! Yes, I say that with a lot of songs. But I even drew a manga inspired by that song.^_^
Old 2006-02-19, 22:42   Link #76
Rasqual Twilight
~Walking on the Milkyway~

The original title is 乙女心+√ネコミミ=∞, which I would romanize as "otomegokoro TASU NEKOMIMI NO HEIHOUKON WA mugen" (or mugendai, I'm not too sure)
Rasqual Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:08   Link #77
Chiibi

Uwaaa, that's a friggin long title. How does one figure out how to read symbols like ∞!?
Old 2006-02-25, 17:28   Link #78
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
You would probably read it as a math equation, so like
a maiden's heart plus the square root of cat ears equals infinity
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 17:53   Link #79
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
You would probably read it as a math equation, so like
a maiden's heart plus the square root of cat ears equals infinity
Oh, okay, because before it didn't make sense.

I've been listening to Collective a lot lately and Automation is really an awesome song.

If I want to find more EIKO would searching for Shimamiya Eiko turn up proper results?
Old 2006-03-06, 18:40   Link #80
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
If I want to find more EIKO would searching for Shimamiya Eiko turn up proper results?
Yes, it would. So would simply "Eiko" with any of these CDs I can find attributed to her:

Aoi Kajitsu
Atashi wa Melon
Flower in the Universe
Hologram
Ozone
Ulysses
Vanilla
Endless Loop

The first three are singles, the rest are 5-9 tracks long. The few songs I've heard are nothing to Automaton but... ah well. Anyone that knows more than I do feel free to correct me. Only Endless Loop and Ulysses seem to be listed on YesAsia.

*goes back to celebrating Mami Kawada's album due to be released at the end of the month *
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote