AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 15:21   Link #101
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(some designs are just really good; people who want them scraped for new junk need to be shot =P)
Old 2009-07-08, 15:58   Link #102
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Because people have nothing else better to do (not aiming at anyone specifically) than to express what little the know with comparisons to stirr crap up. Generally speaking it is those people who doesn't have that much experience or a broad enough view on what has and hasn't been done before and they think that because something they've seen has come up with a theme first, then that is the original and has to be the best. Comparisons is fine by all means but only things that make sense (and "ZOMG character X looks like character Y = ripoff = RAGEEEEEEE, does not).
Actually, I'm being a bit facetious about not knowing why people bring up such comparisons. It has to do with pattern recognition - if you see a similarity between two different shows, it's relatively natural to attribute some significance between them regardless of other factors. The more one is exposed to such comparisons, the less significant they appear, and hence the less need to bring it up (outside of doing so for humorous purposes). It's not too different from people claiming that all Mary Sues are examples of poor characterization.
Old 2009-07-08, 15:59   Link #103
Justin Kim
*Artist

Yes, this is an epic anime! Woot! But the beginning was a tad bit rushed, just like Tayutama. But it progressively got slower. Is it just me, or does the pink-haired character look like Moka-San from Rosario to Vampire? A little? Character designs aren't really ripoff. Ever heard of the statement, "all work comes from previous works, a never ending chain of inspiration." Who cares if they have derivatives of different character models? Just enjoy the story plot, and relax. Some people need to refrain their thoughts. Rather it is a bit hypocritical of someone to complain about how the character designs were ripped off, when in actuality they enjoyed watching the first subbed episode -_-.
Old 2009-07-08, 18:06   Link #104
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I must admit that ever since learning of the shows title, and without any knowledge of the source material, i wasn't really expecting that much from this (Arguably jumping the gun as such deduction might be). The first episode left a rather positive impression on me though, better than what i was expecting. There is definitely some silliness involved (A carriage as means of transport ... ? Surviving such a fall because of trees ...? Come now ), but the setup offers a wee bit of a spark to the whole deal, and male lead seems decent as well thus far. I like the little bit of political skulduggery suggested in the background, even if it is unlikely to remain a focal point of any great importance as the story moves to school setup the next ep - so long as they remember it exists once in a while i will be happy about it, especially if something comes of it - seeing his parents were murdered and he seems on finding the truth, i assume we will see something on that front sooner or later as well.

On the romance part, this seems to be setting up for a royal (pun intended) catfight between our two princesses, which should be reasonably fun as well. If the preview is any indication, we should see some amusing reactions from Sylvia towards Charlotte's rather open display of affection. I wonder how the twin-tailed girl fits in to this, but i suppose we are to find out Speaking of the characters, i am rather pleased in what i saw in Charlotte - i can't really pinpoint her, which is part of the charm i guess - she is obviously bit of a tease, but not ill intentioned. Seemingly a bit naive, but hard to tell if she is faking or not. Even if subtle, i like that i see a character in her that has the potential to be slightly different from the norm. That, and her interactions with Teppei should be fun to watch, because she seems like someone who can be assertive if she needs be, so potential for moments where Teppei could have his hands ful like in this ep.

Sylvia ... well, going by first impressions, didn't see much to get me excited about seeing more of her though. A pretty standard fare all around, your usual knightly character that have never really tickled my fancy. Expecting some talk about honor, justice and duty, as well as possibly some slightly tsunderish reactions and somewhat of social awkwardness. (I don't really get why she suddenly decided to charge Teppei though ...surely she didn't think him carrying a wooden sword is good enough of a reason to try and impale someone ...? ).

Animation quality is surprisingly nice, better than a lot of other shows this season in fact, so i am hoping they can keep that up. And they even have Wakamoto ...was certainly not expecting him to appear here in form of the overly rich grandfather! The censoring is something i would appreciate not being there though. Not because i want to see the panty shorts (i wonder how many people believed me there ...), but because blatant censoring has always felt awkward and disruptive to me - nothing like suddenly appearing black or white fog-spots to draw your attention away from whatever is happening. I wonder if we can count on some other station airing this without it. Overall, a pretty decent pilot episode. It wasn't great, and felt somewhat rushed, but decent enough to hold my interest and let me conclude i want to be back for more. Here's hoping it keeps up.
Old 2009-07-08, 18:28   Link #105
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(I don't really get why she suddenly decided to charge Teppei though ...surely she didn't think him carrying a wooden sword is good enough of a reason to try and impale someone ...? ).
ohh Skyfall you disappoint me

you should know by now wooden sword>every other sword...oh wait weapon known to man

only thing that comes close to the destructive power of a wooden sword is the Harisen
Old 2009-07-08, 18:37   Link #106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
you should know by now wooden sword>every other sword...oh wait weapon known to man
...Come to think of it, didn't Asu no Yoichi try to prove something similar as well ? Indeed, i had forgotten wooden swords in anime are carved from the finest of mythical faerie trees from ironwood valleys, that the finest of tempered steel can not even scratch. A most certainly formidable opposition indeed.
Old 2009-07-08, 18:53   Link #107
aulzon

Really enjoyed this and probably looking forward to it the most this season (besides Spice II).

Right now I favour Sylvia (maybe cause I was a Saber fan) over Charlotte but its still the first episode. Charlotte still pretty cool though. For a princess I was expecting someone more refined and quieter but she ended up being a little more easygoing.

The cart scene was animated really well and sword fight scene as well. The only concern is the female character design is just a bit okayish, maybe'll it'll grow on me. Teppei looks fine though.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 18:55   Link #108
4Tran

Alright, here's the Hierarchy of Anime Weapon Deadliness - Light Weapons Division (from least deadly to most):
  1. Machine gun
  2. Assault rifle
  3. Sniper rifle
  4. Pistol
  5. Katana
  6. Wooden katana
  7. Fist
As you can see, the best thing that you can do if attacked is to drop your weapons .
Old 2009-07-08, 18:56   Link #109
aulzon

I'm sure Sagara Sousuke would have to disagree with you ^. =) (courage punch aside though)
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 19:00   Link #110
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

got the first ep, yet to watch it. romance tag intrigues me. it has a lot to live up to since i'm watching this after i watch Canaan.. haha
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 19:05   Link #111
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Another harem anime and strangely its remind me Asu no Yoichi XD
except the guy isn't stronger like Yoichi .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 19:48   Link #112
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Alright, here's the Hierarchy of Anime Weapon Deadliness - Light Weapons Division (from least deadly to most):
  1. Machine gun
  2. Assault rifle
  3. Sniper rifle
  4. Pistol
  5. Katana
  6. Wooden katana
  7. Fist
As you can see, the best thing that you can do if attacked is to drop your weapons .
I would have thought beam weapons would beat them all xD

Fav. heroine so far....I guess I should wait for the twin tailed girl first before deciding.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 20:00   Link #113
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
  1. Machine gun
  2. Assault rifle
  3. Sniper rifle
  4. Pistol
  5. Katana
  6. Wooden katana
  7. Fist
So where does the "drill" fit into this list?

Truth be told that the fist is the most powerful weapon known to anime characters

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 20:06   Link #114
Mazryonh

It's good to hear Yuzuki Ryouka again. I can definitely hear elements of Eruruu from Utawarerumono in her voice when voicing Charlotte. Wonder if she'll get another version of that silly "tail-gasm" scene from Utawarerumono in this series.

And it's good to see Toyoguchi Megumi again. Her last big role was Macross Frontier as Klan Klein; maybe she'll be given more opportunity to show her talent in this show rather than just playing a bit part as she did in Akikan!.

Can't wait to see the "pairing wars" in this thread when the series starts getting serious too.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 20:22   Link #115
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Another harem anime and strangely its remind me Asu no Yoichi
ugh i hope not that was horrid
Old 2009-07-08, 20:25   Link #116
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kekeke, looked around a few places, and it is really funny how many "Oh, it's Saber" comments are for that swordswoman.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 20:43   Link #117
projectsoul

Anyone know if once they are done with the series if they are going to let the unrated version on DVD?
projectsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 20:59   Link #118
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsoul View Post
Anyone know if once they are done with the series if they are going to let the unrated version on DVD?
If the only censoring is of a quick panty flash, I don't think I'd get too worked up about it. Now if there's an onsen scene later in the series to be decensored, then I think we may need to check into this further

Of course in that case you'd then need to decide between DVD and BluRay...
Old 2009-07-08, 21:06   Link #119
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Another harem anime and strangely its remind me Asu no Yoichi XD
except the guy isn't stronger like Yoichi .
Not in my opinion...When Teppei accidentally grabbed Charlotte's boobage he didn't get a nosebleed like Yoichi would have. Oh and Charlotte didn't beat the hell out of Teppei for doing it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 21:35   Link #120
Wrath88
Kissing...

There's too much of a difference between the two, Yoichi is like some mountain hick who never interact with girls before, and I'm sure Teppei has at least some female interaction, unless he's in a single-sex school.

As for the weapon ranking, it seems that anyone who uses bokuto has to be as skilled as Botenmaru (Samurai Deeper Kyo), use all the time and never break. My vote goes to the Harisen though, the weapon of the Tsukkomi master! In SSBB, slap the opponent around like crazy before smashing him out.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen