Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 16:36   Link #101
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post

The problem for me is the clunky dialogue. Why would Sasuke choose that moment (the possibly the worst moment of all) to declare he wants to be hokage? Why not let the moment breathe and give the fans their nerdy delight? It completely kills the long anticipated reunion. Hundreds of chapters fans have looked forward to a possible team-7 getting back together. And the moment gets ruined by a pointless sasuke line.

Both Madara and Itachi (even during his villain role) were both ultimately "likeable" characters in their own strange way. Sasuke was exactly the same throughout the early manga. Brooding but likeable. Then as soon as he went on his emo-path with Orochimaru, he turned into a complete dickhead. And his timing on wanting to be hokage is the epitome of that.
I was anticipating the reunion a little (I dreamed it would be awesome) but as usual we get "Sakura huh" and *not even acknowledging Naruto*. The chapter was entertaining in itself but I anticipated the team 7 reunion as an emotional watershed moment, in this case it's more like Sasuke is just fighting next to them rather than with them. I thought it would be one of the better moments (if not the best in part II) in Naruto. Ah well.

And it's no suprise Kishi would stick Sakura on at the last minute, just a shame he completely ignored her character after the Sasori fight.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2013-05-22 at 16:46.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:39   Link #102
Alchemist007
*Author

There's also the fact that Hinata got her jollies with Naruto earlier in this fight, so it's just Kishi giving a bone to the other ship.

Minato totally reminded me of Goku coming back after defeating Frieza, time to go Super Saiyan!
Old 2013-05-22, 16:40   Link #103
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Doesn't the 4th taking on the form of the kyuubi kinda leave him at a point where the 10 tails could consume him to complete itself? Another thing that could happen is that when he fades away the other half of the kyuubi chakra goes into naruto causeing some problems for him so that he's not quite so freaking beast.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 17:01   Link #104
Alchemist007
*Author

...Or replenish his reserves
Old 2013-05-22, 17:06   Link #105
Monster0

Does anyone remember off hand which chakra,ying or yang,that Minato kept with him?I'm wondering who has mind and who has body.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 17:16   Link #106
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Hinata's face was second funniest thing in the chapter to me (assuming she heard the conversation)
Old 2013-05-22, 17:17   Link #107
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
The chapter was entertaining in itself but I anticipated the team 7 reunion as an emotional watershed moment, in this case it's more like Sasuke is just fighting next to them rather than with them. I thought it would be one of the better moments (if not the best in part II) in Naruto. Ah well.
-To be fair, they had their "reunion" 3 times now by my count. The first time was during the first mission with Yamato as leader and Sai as Sasuke's replacement. They (Naruto and Sakura) were very teary-eyed then. The second time was when Sasuke had just killed Danzo, nearly killed Karin and was about to finish Sakura. That was a more bitter reunion and only Sakura and Karin were in tears. This time around, they've got bigger problems so what could you expect other than anxious confusion and soft-spoken brotastic/teamtastic understanding? I imagine it'll be a more emotional matter after this is all said and done.

Quote:
And it's no suprise Kishi would stick Sakura on at the last minute, just a shame he completely ignored her character after the Sasori fight.
-I'm no stranger in my hate towards how Sakura was written. The Sasori fight proved how much she was willing to not be a burden again and her concern over Naruto's 4-tailed transformation showed how much she valued her remaining teammate. Since then though, she'd lost so much focus and made very dumb decisions that her better qualities are rendered moot. Wasted potential is what you could call her now and nothing short of an ass-pull will make her suddenly more useful. Anyone care to speculate on a possible Slug Sage mode then?
Old 2013-05-22, 17:23   Link #108
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
*later*
Everyone: We want Naruto for Hokage.
(1st Hokage, Madara parallel)
Sasuke: F U. Imma be Madara.
Naruto: .... here we go again. *chases Sasuke for one more year*
Old 2013-05-22, 18:39   Link #109
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
it's out.

this sure is poor. in many a way. way to fuck up the end. smh. goes back to lurking

oh, and inb4 sakura uses tsunades regeneration jutsu ...
Pretty sure weve known this for a while but now we REALLY know it.

Kish really doesn't give a crap about this manga anymore, he's just in it for the money.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 18:46   Link #110
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I've just noticed this because i re read the chapter for some reason but if you think back to the beginning.... well that was some time ago but anyway, havn't Naruto and Sasuke completely reversed standings? Back then Naruto was the one no one trusted or even hated and he spouted nonsense about becomeing hokage out of the blue. Sasuke was the genius that everyone expected to be great. Now Naruto is the primary contender for Hokage, in my eyes atleast, and everyone seems to see him as a genius and love and rely on him. while Sasuke on the other hand, Is the one no one trusts and is pretty much a hated criminal, is now the one saying he's going to be hokage. It seems like we came full circle back to the beginning with a reverse in position. Oh and Sakura is a little different from the beginning as well. Kinda funny though how Naruto was just like "well that's pretty much how it is" like it was no big deal. although surely he was just bsing (not that i really care he could get all the girls for that matter and i'd still be happy...).
Old 2013-05-22, 19:06   Link #111
Deathscyther

Interesting chapter. Things happened a bit faster than I thought they would though.

I can understand where Sasuke's coming from. Become the leader of the village, so that you can make sure something like the Uchiha massacre never happens again. It will be hard for him to win back the trust of the villagers though. The other villages, especially Kumo, probably won't accept it either. His only chance is Naruto vouching for him. Naruto in turn wanted to become hokage for another reason. He wanted to be acknowledged by the villagers and thought he had to become hokage for this to happen. Itachi already told him that it's the other way around. Since he's already acknowledged by practically the whole world now, he doesn't need to become hokage for this reason anymore. I think Naruto knows this too. He has a new goal now anyway. He is trying to rid the world of hatred, just like Jiraiya asked him to. I wonder who will become hokage in the end.

And Sakura's finally going to do something again? Is this finally her time to shine? I sure hope that she gets the chance to with those two bigshots next to her.
Naruto has techniques like Kyuubi mode/Sage Mode/Fuuton: rasenshuriken/Bijuu dama, while Sasuke has techniques like Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo. (Actually, Amaterasu might be the best technique against the Jyuubi. It was almost enough to burn down the hachibi as well.) But Sakura doesn't have any techniques to fight such a big thing. I guess her role will be to make sure that those other two survive long enough for them to use their techniques. The only new techniques I can see her having are Slug summons or Sōzō Saisei. Maybe she'll summon Katsuyu and use it like Tsunade used it during the Pein arc to make sure as many people as possible survive?

I'm getting bad vibes from the last page, where Sakura insists on going with them. Naruto's actions show that he doesn't want her to come with them, probably because he thinks that it's too dangerous. You can see that he doesn't really agree with her coming along and that he gives in only after seeing that pressing look in her eyes. He knows that Sakura wants to protect those two no matter what. I have a feeling that this page foreshadows something happening to Naruto or Sakura soon.

Btw, why do I have a feeling that Orochimaru is licking his lips somewhere, thinking 'just as planned'....?
Old 2013-05-22, 19:16   Link #112
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
1. It will be hard for him to win back the trust of the villagers though. The other villages, especially Kumo, probably won't accept it either. His only chance is Naruto vouching for him.

2. And Sakura's finally going to do something again? Is this finally her time to shine?

3. But Sakura doesn't have any techniques to fight such a big thing. I guess her role will be to make sure that those other two survive long enough for them to use their techniques.

4. I'm getting bad vibes from the last page, where Sakura insists on going with them.

5. Btw, why do I have a feeling that Orochimaru is licking his lips somewhere, thinking 'just as planned'....?
1. Yea it will be hard unless something drastic happens, which i think it will

2. Stop it! you know better than to get your hopes up so just calm down! There will only be pain for you in the end i tell ya!

3. I think some techs will just magicaly appear for her to use since she's saying she can finally use her true power.... it took her this long to prep her real power though...

4. I think you may be right here, I can just imagine sakura getting killed would kinda mirror Rin way too much to not do it.

5. Because he is....

On that note for you shippers i've finally found the end girl! Rin is in a deep stasis and she's about to wake up! at this point the other two will just be old lolicons so they are out. and we can have the Narutox Rin ending we all deserve!
Old 2013-05-22, 19:26   Link #113
Alchemist007
*Author

"Your girlfriend reminds me of your mother, but your mother wasn't hot for some other guy." Is more like it. Then again, does this Minato even know the same things as the one that was sealed in Naruto? He was reintroduced to Naruto like he had met him already of course, but it seems like he doesn't know quite as much...or maybe it's just stuff since his meeting with Naruto during the Pein fight, which would make sense.
Old 2013-05-22, 20:50   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The problem isn't really the moment nor the dialogue and as far as rationale goes Sasuke has the best reason for wanting to become Hokage but his characterization is so ridiculous and all over the place that the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. A few days back he was laughing maniacally and backstabbing his comrade and two hours ago he wanted everybody in Konoha dead.
Erase crazy Sasuke from existence and make an evolution between a Sasuke seeking the death of Konoha's Elders into someone who would rather replace them to make things better could make sense but as it is it's just a lazy and risible way to reconstruct Sasuke into a protagonist and Naruto's rival overnight.
But then it's not really surprising when you see what happened to the Kyubi.
Maybe he was just laughin maniatically for the blood loss. XD Still he already laughed when he killed the Zetsus and cooled down when he saw Itachi.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 21:28   Link #115
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

i really like the interaction between Hashirama and Madara this chapter! its almost like, in a past life, they were brothers...
Old 2013-05-22, 21:53   Link #116
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

After a long while not coming over to post, I decided on a return for this chapter.

It's pretty much like Kiba said. Sasuke becoming Hokage is not happening. Besides, we all know he is destined to fight Naruto in the end. Kish has been pushing this crap since Day 1 and it's going to happen. Sasuke will become the Juubi Jinchuriki of his own free will or by force.

He will betray them.

It's too obvious at this point.
Just like we have all accepted the fact that Naruto will never be given new non-Rasengan based jutsu.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 22:50   Link #117
Lunarskylar

what i love the most is how minato was shown to be godly, but then after hashirama and madara and these other chakra power houses were shown, it just looked like he was smart and fast.

without a kunai, minato seems useless.. oh look kyuubi mode. nevermind, he's up to par now.

the other thing i don't like is that it's the same style, cloak and mode as naruto's. it has teh whoe sage of 6 path feel to it. originally we all thought that because naruto was an uzumaki, that's what made teh kyuubi chakra react differently to him. and it can't be specific to teh kyuubi chakra either, because the gold and silver brothers change into their chakra modes the same way killer bee does

so... what the hell xD (minato looks exactly the same as naruto in this mode too, so confusing)

Also in reply to someone who said edo tensei's are revived with the power of when they died. This is true, but the kages weren't in the after world, they were int he death god's belly. It's not hard to imagine that there was some sense of time there, and the fact that minato's soul and the kyuubi's chakra have just been chilling there for decades, i'm not surprised that they became attuned to each other

final note.... sasuke is the obama of the naruto world, wow
the first uchiha hokage
Old 2013-05-22, 23:16   Link #118
Excelion

Awhile back I thought they'd potentially make Sasuke Hokage if Naruto was the leader of the entire ninja world. Sasuke could remain in the village while Naruto just walks the Earth spreading his message everywhere
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 23:25   Link #119
itachi-san314

Quote:
I was anticipating the reunion a little (I dreamed it would be awesome) but as usual we get "Sakura huh" and *not even acknowledging Naruto*. The chapter was entertaining in itself but I anticipated the team 7 reunion as an emotional watershed moment, in this case it's more like Sasuke is just fighting next to them rather than with them. I thought it would be one of the better moments (if not the best in part II) in Naruto. Ah well.
i'm actually very glad that kishi kept their personalities the same. it would have been horrible if they acted differently than in this chapter. sasuke is never going to acknowledge naruto, at least not in a perceptible way. he does mentally and naruto knows it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
After a long while not coming over to post, I decided on a return for this chapter.

It's pretty much like Kiba said. Sasuke becoming Hokage is not happening. Besides, we all know he is destined to fight Naruto in the end. Kish has been pushing this crap since Day 1 and it's going to happen.
i agree it will happen, but it doesnt mean sasuke will betray them or be bad. he will fight over the way he wants konoha to run and for the title of hokage much like madara and hashirama always fought when they were both still good (or at least when they both still fought for konoha and that ideal).

interesting thought... what if sakura becomes hokage? of the sannin, it was tsunade who did afterall. naruto could be a wandering sage like jiraiya and sasuke could leave and start his own uchiha village like orochimaru did with the sound.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 00:10   Link #120
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Why is everyone of Naruto's generation so pissed off about Sasuke's decision to run for President Hokage? I don't remember him doing anything that hurt Konoha in anyway.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion