AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 10:19   Link #41
noktown

Sasuke is too nice,either it's an ass-pull or an "evil plan".
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:20   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I don't get it. Haven't we already seen Sakura punch things strongly? Why is Naruto all surprised?
Because apparently it's bigger...? Kishimoto needed a reaction shot, so he just recycled Naruto's previous awe-moment. Honestly, it would have been better if both Naruto and Sasuke just treated it as a "that's to be expected" moment. It would have actually added something to the team and their emotional attachment. Instead we get the same old schtick that Kishimoto doesn't realize is already broken and desperately needs to be fixed.

Oh well, better luck next manga...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:29   Link #43
Crassa
Streamline

hahaha had to laugh with all the new Hokage candidates suddenly popping out

It was a nice chapter though, hopefully Sakura now will have the constant strength she has and won't need another 3 years to charge the pinnacle of crap thing. Some could be handled better when Sakura was talking she shouldn't have been saved by Naruto or Sasuke but just pwns the pawn of the Juubi, that would made it looked cooler.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:01   Link #44
shalala

TT___TT I could not help but cry when I read this chapter. Sakura can now fight together with Naurto and Sasuke while still carrying on the healing role of the group (Given that she has alot of chakara left over). Soo more justus for her. Though I'm not too sure how Sasuke was able to create swords of Amaterasu but still cool never the less. Now what I do hope is that we are shown more team work with the all 3 of them.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:07   Link #45
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I supposed you'd rather her sit back and do nothing; though I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be here complaining about that as well, had that happened : /
-Considering her doing "nothing" equated to doing her job as a healer, yeah you could say I expected her to continue doing that for all the people still injured from the Juubi's attacks. Also, kindly stop assuming my stance on the matter. I stated last chapter that Sakura had so much wasted potential as a character due to how Kishimoto handled her. For her to suddenly be all important is jarring to say the least.

Quote:
I don't know where this is coming from. Sakura is long overdue for some big moments, but she wasn't a clumsy fighter like you describe here. Shes been mostly healing and assisting others as shocking as that may be considering shes a healer, but she's generally done a fair job at whatever role she happens to be in, offense or healing.
-You're asking where Sakura making things worse comes from? From the time she decided to have the bright idea of killing Sasuke herself with a poisoned kunai. It failed spectacularly and said poison was used on Naruto, her own teammate. I also meant my statement as a joke since jokes are all about exaggeration. Like I said above and as you so admitted, Sakura was doing her job as a proper medical ninja. I raised no fuss over that since it you know, makes sense. You don't send your white mage on the front row against an Eldricht Abomination if you catch my drift.

Quote:
So, you expected Hinata to completely change her entire personality from that one moment with Naruto, but for Sakura to show off some offense its "too little, too late" : /
-I expected Hinata to be assertive since she already proved herself ever since this war started. There was literally none of her former meekness and shy demeanor until this very chapter. Her going back to that route just smacks of restoring the status quo. Sakura however is "too little, too late" in the sense that she's suddenly necessary for the offensive, like this chapter is trying to imply.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:16   Link #46
dmaxzero

Boring... and lame.

Sasuke is a wuss, canīt be taken seriously... Of course this had to happen some day, but instead of giving us a fight to remember like at the end of the first part of the whole manga, it is just a lame development now. They gonna fight but is not gonna be as absolutes opposites, lame.

And Sakura? Wait, she was still a character in Naruto verse? No idea.

Why are the past hokages here? This was the new generation versus the grudges of the past. It makes no sense... well, is a shounen. So be it I guess.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:31   Link #47
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Sasuke is too nice,either it's an ass-pull or an "evil plan".
I pray for an evil plan because seriously hate how Kishi makes a hero out Sasuke all the time when he is a total jerk and ass for 90% of teh time.

And looks like all his bad doings will be forgotten and forgiven once everything is done -_-

Moral of the story, you can be as much of a jerk as you want. Just make one big/good thing and everything will forgiven!

Such bullshit!
Old 2013-05-29, 11:50   Link #48
takai
Easy Muffin

Good chapter. It's going to start annoying me if Sakura keeps that diamond on her forehead.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:55   Link #49
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

where the heck is Lee and 1010??
Old 2013-05-29, 12:31   Link #50
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
TT___TT I could not help but cry when I read this chapter. Sakura can now fight together with Naurto and Sasuke while still carrying on the healing role of the group (Given that she has alot of chakara left over). Soo more justus for her. Though I'm not too sure how Sasuke was able to create swords of Amaterasu but still cool never the less. Now what I do hope is that we are shown more team work with the all 3 of them.
It's not swords of Amaterasu it's Enton: Kagutsuchi he uses one eye to create Amaterasu and then manipulates it's shape with the other.

This was all explained when Sasuke fought the Raikage during the 5 kage arc.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:33   Link #51
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
where the heck is Lee and 1010??
They are irrelevant, especially now that Neji is a ghost. Kishi is telling you Rookie 9 >>>>>>>> Konoha 11 or 12. So they aren't part of the big Konona High School reunion. Sai too now that Team 7 is back. Only Team 7, Team 10, and Team 8 matter.

Did Hinata just move her interest from Naruto to Kiba? Talk about a downgrade going from an annoying main character to comic relief. And is Ino flirting with Shikamaru while he is jealous of Sasuke? Might as well go for it since Temari never appears. All the shipping is messed up.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:37   Link #52
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Because apparently it's bigger...? Kishimoto needed a reaction shot, so he just recycled Naruto's previous awe-moment. Honestly, it would have been better if both Naruto and Sasuke just treated it as a "that's to be expected" moment. It would have actually added something to the team and their emotional attachment. Instead we get the same old schtick that Kishimoto doesn't realize is already broken and desperately needs to be fixed.

Oh well, better luck next manga...
Unless "bigger" means she can now leave craters the size of Madara's meteors, it's not enough

Someone should tell Sakura she's still a Sage mode and Kyuubi mode/Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and Susanoo short of fighting equally with those two.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:42   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Is something wrong with Kiba's face?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:45   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Did Hinata just move her interest from Naruto to Kiba? Talk about a downgrade going from an annoying main character to comic relief. And is Ino flirting with Shikamaru while he is jealous of Sasuke? Might as well go for it since Temari never appears. All the shipping is messed up.
Dude, they’re just talking. Why all conversations (no matter how short they are) between opposite-sex buddies suddenly should lead to romance and shipping?
Old 2013-05-29, 12:55   Link #55
Cookie-Monster

I didnt agree with most complaints that the previous chapters sucked. I actually enjoyed them.

But this particular chapter was unbelievably crappy.

It was already lame that Sakura was joining the fight with her useless no-powerup skills, but now Kishi decided to add the rest of the cannon-fodder to the fight? It has turned into a clusterf***.

He even conveniently recycled the same stupid concept of splitting up the main enemy (white zetzu zombies) into little pieces in order to make it plausible that it can be attacked by everyone individually.

Meh, I was really enjoying the build up so far, but the setup for this chapter is utterly dumb. Im guessing were going to get another dozen chapters of treadmilling with all the cannon-fodder being a distraction and requiring saving , until finally they step aside.

Sakura's power punches were painful to watch.

On a side note, It would be absolutely hilarious if Naruto suddenly started sulking and decided he doesn't want to be Hokage anymore with all these copycats. =)
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 13:14   Link #56
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
On a side note, It would be absolutely hilarious if Naruto suddenly started sulking and decided he doesn't want to be Hokage anymore with all these copycats. =)
-Obligatory Oprah "You get to be Hokage! And you get to be Hokage! Everybody is now Hokage...well except you Sasuke-kun".
Spoiler for Image:
Old 2013-05-29, 13:20   Link #57
Casshern

I'm guessing that if Sasuke is still evil, Naruto should be able to sense it in his kyuubi mode, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
Congratulations Sakura, you punched one Juubi spawn and then the ground. I guess I should be thankful you didn't misfire and hit Naruto both times instead .
At least she didn't bite its arm
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 13:21   Link #58
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Entertaining chapter. I enjoyed Sakura's power up, only problem I have with it is that it seems to have come out of thin air, but meh. A few hints that she was working towards a Tsunade-like power up would have made it less of an ass-pull, but still much needed for her. The few time she has actually fought have been good, I never felt like she *needed* to 'catch up' with Sasuke and Naruto to be honest, there are ways Kishi could have made Sakura useful and interesting to watch (as he did against Sasori), but he just didn't have the time of day for her unfortunately. I feel like that whole bridge scene messed up both Sakura's and Sasuke's characterization quite badly, because now both of them are behaving contradictory to that time and it doesn't feel quite right.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2013-05-29 at 13:32.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 13:47   Link #59
itachi-san314

very meh chapter for me. i hope it's not the case, but i'll just safely assume that this is it for sakura's "awesome power" and now naruto, sasuke and the edo-hokages will do things that actually matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Seeing how strong the barrier is...all the ten tails needs to do is fire the bomb once again, and the ppl who dare to go inside the barrier will be cooked...

Am I missing something here? this is the perfect chance for the ten tails to break the barrier, release the barrier or all the ppl inside the barrier will be evaporated

But I guess we will go to the typical route where the ten tails will break the barrier when it transforms to the final form
pretty much... it made no sense to me either. instead of frying everyone inside, the juubi reduced itself to human sized forms so it could get the crap kicked out of itself... the only explanation is that in these large forms the juubi is a mindless blob. i hope it transforms into a human-sized creature (or at least normal bijou sized creature) that can talk and has a mind of it's own. that would be interesting to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Did anyone think Juugo's line might be hinting that Sasuke is going to betray the Alliance?
not to me. there wasn't any innuendo in jugo's words. i think he legitimately was wondering what sasuke thought about being back with his 'friends'. jugo's probably a little jealous

Quote:
And what happened to Orochimaru and the other two lackeys?
as odd as it sounds, i bet he's saving tsunade, and the other kages, but mostly her. he's got his snake immortality jutsus and karin's healing power. not sure what suigetsu will do though
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 14:47   Link #60
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Kishimoto has got too stuck in trying to cater to too many fanbases in his manga. Not every character needs to have "their moment." It's too late for that. You don't suddenly hamfist development that was never there to begin with after all these years. It's stupid and contrived. Things are proceeding so goddamn slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, they spent half the chapter having Sakura talk about how she doesn't want to be protected by Naruto and Sasuke. She then proceeds to obliterate a large number of Juubi spawn, get cocky, and then has to be saved by Naruto and Sasuke again. And she's... elated that Sasuke saved her. Good job, girl, you actually moved even lower in my perception while showcasing your badassery. Didn't know that was possible.
Pretty much. I couldn't stop laughing at the inherent stupidity of the chapter.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion