AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 01:36   Link #1
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

My-Wiki

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/My-Wiki

As suggested by Leebot, Wikia is probably the best option.

What we need to agree on:

1. The URL-name. I think we can just go with mai.wikia.com.
2. The name of the wiki.
3. Spellings of series titles (that is, "Mai-HiME" vs "My-HiME" vs "My HiME").
4. Western or Japanese name order. ("Mai Tokiha" vs "Tokiha Mai") HiME uses the Japanese order, but Otome uses the Western order.
5. Whether or not to have distinct articles for doppelgangers. (Wikipedia doesn't, but it's not necessarily the best option). And if we're going to split them, what shall we do with characters with exact same names in both settings? Of course, there are always options like "Mai Tokiha (Otome)"...
6. ???
7. Profit!

Last edited by Sikon; 2008-01-11 at 02:16.
Old 2007-08-30, 02:07   Link #2
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Dulcetiar
Wow !!

1. mai.wikia.com. -- I agree with it. ^^
2. (My-Wiki) -- I'm thinking about it. (>_<) then I will come to update soon.
3. Spellings of series titles -- " My-HiME " due to Mai- series official sites use : http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/"my-hime"/web/index.html
http://www."my-zhime".net
4. Western order is might be better.
5. I agree.
6. --- how about those stuffs like artworks , fiction or others ?
7. Profit! --- Okie!

^_^

Last edited by Dulcetiar; 2007-09-04 at 16:58.
Old 2007-08-30, 02:11   Link #3
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

I think the wiki should cover the spin-off media, too. However, it brings the inevitable question of whether manga versions of characters should have separate articles. How about Destiny versions?

Quote:
3. Spellings of series titles -- " My-HiME " due to Mai- series official sites use : http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/"my-hime"/web/index.html
http://www."my-zhime".net
So, judging by this, we should go with "My-HiME" and "My-ZHiME"? Even though it's actually 乙, not Z?
Old 2007-08-30, 03:07   Link #4
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
So, judging by this, we should go with "My-HiME" and "My-ZHiME"? Even though it's actually 乙, not Z?
They had no choice since Z is the only letter that coincidentally resembles 乙 and URLs can only have English characters. And not to mention in Sunrise's original My-HiME trailer, there is an English logo for the series with "My-HiME" on it.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:19   Link #5
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
They had no choice since Z is the only letter that coincidentally resembles 乙 and URLs can only have English characters.
If they could replace "舞" with "My", then surely they would be able to replace "乙HiME" as well? my-otome.net would make more sense, I think.
Old 2007-08-30, 03:24   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
my-otome.net would make more sense, I think.
I agree but I guess they think "乙HiME" looks cooler and that's why they pushed the "マイオトメ" part under the logo.
Old 2007-08-30, 12:00   Link #7
Leebot
Cognivore

Alright, I've actually done some research on setting up a wiki already, so let's talk about that first. The first hurdle is in getting it approved by Wikia. This isn't as simple as just asking for it, you have to fill out a big request form and establish that you would get a significant amount of activity. While we might be able to do that, there's another method I think we should go with first.

What we should do to start off is create it on Scratchpad Wiki Labs. No barriers to entry there, and it's easy to get it transferred to a main wiki URL once there's significant activity and at least 20 editors.

As for the questions you raised:

1. Once we get to that point, mai.wikia.com would be fine.
2. My-Wiki
3. It seems like the spellings My-Hime and My-Otome are more or less official.
4. I say Japanese order for Hime and Western for Otome, as was done in the shows.
5. I say keep them distinct. For cases where they have identical names, distinguish them by name order (Tokiha Mai for Hime, Mai Tokiha for Otome).
Old 2007-08-30, 23:46   Link #8
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
2. My-Wiki
My-WiKI? Just kidding.

Quote:
3. It seems like the spellings My-Hime and My-Otome are more or less official.
I assume you meant "My-HiME", with the appropriate capitalization.

Quote:
4. I say Japanese order for Hime and Western for Otome, as was done in the shows.
Well, Wikipedia uses the Western order for both, and apparently does this for all anime characters...

Quote:
5. I say keep them distinct. For cases where they have identical names, distinguish them by name order (Tokiha Mai for Hime, Mai Tokiha for Otome).
What about spin-off media? Do we need, for example, [[Shizuru Fujino (My-HiME Destiny)]] or [[Arika Yumemiya (manga)]]?
Old 2007-08-31, 09:47   Link #9
disney72
Going Bonklers

ohhhh finally! wee im 100% support on this one!
Old 2007-08-31, 10:00   Link #10
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon
I assume you meant "My-HiME", with the appropriate capitalization.
Of course.

Quote:
Well, Wikipedia uses the Western order for both, and apparently does this for all anime characters...
This stems from the fact that they do it for all Eastern names, fictional or not. And the reason for that has to do with real-world connections, influences, etc. I'm not sure we need to bother with that in this wiki; anyone familiar with the series has likely heard it the Eastern way and is used to that, so we should give them what they expect.

Quote:
What about spin-off media? Do we need, for example, [[Shizuru Fujino (My-HiME Destiny)]] or [[Arika Yumemiya (manga)]]?
I think that would be best. For each separate continuity, a separate article. This allows each individual article to go into the characters more in-depth. If we do this in a combined article, things will start to look cluttered.

Anyways, I'm going to be out of internet service for the next 5 days or so, so you'll have to go ahead with planning it/setting it up without me until I'm back. Good luck!
Old 2007-09-04, 16:54   Link #11
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

Would you mind? If we have some chat-room too? or channel in irc ..

^0^ ?
Old 2007-09-04, 19:23   Link #12
Same_Shark

This could be very good if we all work together.
Old 2007-09-05, 00:43   Link #13
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

I think so. >_<
Old 2007-09-05, 14:46   Link #14
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Spin off media.... Let me see. Thats would mean information on the animes, OVAs, mangas, CDs and the games, well, I think it should have all of the above.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:56   Link #15
Same_Shark

Ayane Kourin will be the hard one to make a page on since no one is translating it.
Old 2007-09-05, 20:32   Link #16
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Oh dear! I just remembered that I haven't scanned in the August issue! But I'm currently studying for the year's promos, so you might have to wait until October before I can get back to it. That leaves me with a backlog of three issues' worth, about 96 pages. Hope you can wait, but if you've found another source then go ahead.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-09-06, 12:31   Link #17
Leebot
Cognivore

Okay, I'm thinking of starting it up in Scratchpad pretty soon, under the title "My-Wiki." Anything other than the title we can resolve and change later. So, I'm just giving people a last chance if anyone has a better option for a title or a serious complaint about this one. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Old 2007-09-06, 17:06   Link #18
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

I accept every conclusion in upper rep. ^^

--
Does anyone here love to draw picture of My-series?
I bring in "Oekaki- Paint Chat" , this tutorial is able to paint online together and also chatting while painting. You can draw with easy tools to advance.

In Japan My-fansite, there have a paint-chat room too but it's rather inconvenient because they usually didn't talk in English. So I prefer ourselves Paint-chat room.
Old 2007-09-06, 21:17   Link #19
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

What doe it have to do with a wiki?
Old 2007-09-09, 16:04   Link #20
Leebot
Cognivore

Alright, no complaints about the title. Once I have some free time to at least get a main page designed, I'll start it up.
Closed Thread