AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 14:53   Link #21
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I still don't see the issue though, it's an English term so what's wrong with English speaking scientist redefined it.

Besides, Aoihige just told you that the Japanese word mushi is used virtually the same way the bug is used now and that goes for Chinese as well. The character 虫(kanji, simplified) or 蟲 (traditional) has always have the higher hierarchy and requires a modified word to turn it into insects or other arthropod species.

You were taught a certain way does't mean it was right. Pluto was taught as 9th planet when I was a kid and still taught that way for a good while even after it was proved that it wasn't technically a planet...
That pluto thing is nothing more than an insignifiant scientist trying to become important by making a pointless "discovery" that for whatever mysterious reasons actually made quite the impact. That's the stupidest thing a scientist ever did, really. Whatever...and I wasn't arguing anymore, if they are called bugs now, so be it. I was just explaining why I had no idea about said change until now.
Old 2013-08-18, 18:08   Link #22
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
That pluto thing is nothing more than an insignifiant scientist trying to become important by making a pointless "discovery" that for whatever mysterious reasons actually made quite the impact. That's the stupidest thing a scientist ever did, really. Whatever...and I wasn't arguing anymore, if they are called bugs now, so be it. I was just explaining why I had no idea about said change until now.
How is it insignificant or stupid?

Human knowledge is based on classification. To understand what something is, we first look at the category they are in, and generalize from the properties of that category. Anything that is wrongly classified can be misinterpreted, misapplied, or even cause confusion to researchers or students.

I wouldn't say a reclassification of Pluto from planet status is the 'stupidest thing a scientist ever did'.

Chapter is out btw.

Last edited by paradox13; 2013-08-19 at 03:06.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:46   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Chapter is out btw.
If you consider botched work off a translation of translation off yet another language, with missing pages, all jumbled up in wrong order, then yeah I guess.

In other words, it's not.
Old 2013-08-19, 06:50   Link #24
ri0

Quote:
How is it insignificant or stupid?

Human knowledge is based on classification. To understand what something is, we first look at the category they are in, and generalize from the properties of that category. Anything that is wrongly classified can be misinterpreted, misapplied, or even cause confusion to researchers or students.

I wouldn't say a reclassification of Pluto from planet status is the 'stupidest thing a scientist ever did'.
Agreed.

What I found most interesting regarding the chapter was the 900 years of history shared by Doflamingo (Did it say Doflamingo or the Donquixote Family? Translation seems a little bit rough ) and the Tontatta Kingdom. That could be another clue pointing towards Doflamingo's past and his connections to the higher echelons of the world.

Funny, how Zoro casually watches Luffy's match, realizes that he should go help Nami and co. and at the same time complains about not being able to fight

And for those using the same provider as me... the arrangement of the pages was not right but on the bottom of each page is a number so it's easier to sort it out.
Old 2013-08-19, 07:28   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

is this the first time we will see Haoshoku Haki being infused into an attack? so far all we ever see is the haki blast where it knocks everyone out.

btw, i don't know if i missed it somewhere or not but can Doflamingo use Haoshoku Haki?
Old 2013-08-19, 07:41   Link #26
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
If you consider botched work off a translation of translation off yet another language, with missing pages, all jumbled up in wrong order, then yeah I guess.

In other words, it's not.
I read it on mangareader, the order seemed to make sense. I haven't seen the entire chapter so I cannot tell if there are missing pages.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-08-29 at 11:54.
Old 2013-08-19, 08:05   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I read it on mangareader, the order seemed to make sense. I haven't seen the entire chapter so I cannot tell if there are missing pages.
Mangareader is exactly the same as their sister websites, which has scanlations based on botched leaked releases of the official Chinese release, which is exactly what I said, translation of a translation and botched content. (not to mention it stole the script from another poster)

I suggest waiting until the usual time for an actually presentable chapter, all of these "early releases" are based on the same source, the leaked Chinese chapter pages.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-08-29 at 11:54.
Old 2013-08-19, 08:08   Link #28
noktown

It wasn't a Red Hawk btw,he needs gear 2nd for a Red Hawk,It was a Hawk Rifle infused with Haki,but it was in his regular mode,perhaps though he used gear 2nd only on his hand.
Old 2013-08-19, 08:52   Link #29
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Did Oda just write himself into a hole?

Oda said there are only 5 flying fruits and we were just revealed to two.

2 bugs, one bird and one myth.

Pell had the Tori Tori no mi: Model Falcon meaning there are more than one Tori Tori.

I can't imagine these five is it.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:02   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^This often comes up, but please note, the actual phrase he said in the Japanese were that there are only "five types" of DFs known to fly.
Not five.

We don't know if he actually only meant five devil fruits, or the entire family of "bird Zoans" are simply a single type. They are, after all, subgrouped into each models. And the way things are going, It seems rather logical to assume so. Regardless, Oda has left an excuse if he decides so anyways.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-08-19 at 09:13.
Old 2013-08-19, 16:52   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:

No need to be an asshole.

He's right, though. The scans currently floating around are a whole new level of sloppy mess:

First, those scans are taken from the Chinese leaks that were mentioned last page (instead of.... you know, a decent quality raw).

Second, the translation used for those scans are stolen (it was taken from a script that an AP member made from said Chinese scans, which was intended to stay in the spoiler thread.... though that's no longer the case now).

Third, putting aside the page order thing, it turns out that the chapter is still incomplete, anyway (two pages were missing from those leaks). If all those factors don't add up to a terrible rush job, then I have no idea WHAT does.
Old 2013-08-19, 19:18   Link #32
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
It wasn't a Red Hawk btw,he needs gear 2nd for a Red Hawk,It was a Hawk Rifle infused with Haki,but it was in his regular mode,perhaps though he used gear 2nd only on his hand.
While I realize that it may not be a red hawk I highly doubt gear second is required to make it happen. That's assuming too much when he only used that entire combo to finish Hody in one shot.

Sanji, was able to use Diable Jambe when he was FAR weaker than Luffy so, yeah. Flaming, friction or whatever it is, that's how it is.
Old 2013-08-19, 22:39   Link #33
Undertaker

Like I said, it's not Red Hawk, the name of the move in official Chinese translation for Red Hawk is completely different as I mentioned in last page.

Could either be Hawk Rifle or Eagle Rifle if you translated it literally or some other rifle weapon name Oda have that involves animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Agreed.

What I found most interesting regarding the chapter was the 900 years of history shared by Doflamingo (Did it say Doflamingo or the Donquixote Family? Translation seems a little bit rough ) and the Tontatta Kingdom. That could be another clue pointing towards Doflamingo's past and his connections to the higher echelons of the world.

Funny, how Zoro casually watches Luffy's match, realizes that he should go help Nami and co. and at the same time complains about not being able to fight

And for those using the same provider as me... the arrangement of the pages was not right but on the bottom of each page is a number so it's easier to sort it out.
The leaked Chinese pages specifically mentions the name Donquixote Doflamingo so it would suggest that it has more to do with Doflamingo's bloodline.
Old 2013-08-20, 00:57   Link #34
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The leaked Chinese pages specifically mentions the name Donquixote Doflamingo so it would suggest that it has more to do with Doflamingo's bloodline.
I think so too... that's why I hope this story might be the trigger for explaining his background.
Old 2013-08-20, 08:39   Link #35
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice that there are more bug type df powers. The mayor saying that the history with i guess Dofla's family is over 900 years old was very shocking.

Figures Zoro would be watching luffy's match and getting upset about not fighting, too bad he also forgot about Nami and the others.

So Jora confirmed they have a member that can turn people into toys. I wonder what this "white sugar" is. Those guys really are in a pinch, Chopper seems to have it worst.

Why did Law hang up on them? I think Lucy just gave away his identity. Don't think the fight is over yet, but seems he's to be doing well against another user of haoshoku haki.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:27   Link #36
ZeroForever

honestly i'm guessing the boss of the arena has the toy DF power, given that we know the factory is under the arena and the toys all are forced to work there.

it would also make sense with the whole marines comment on how the losers never exited, likely many are changed into toys rather then being healed.
Old 2013-08-20, 12:49   Link #37
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
honestly i'm guessing the boss of the arena has the toy DF power, given that we know the factory is under the arena and the toys all are forced to work there.

it would also make sense with the whole marines comment on how the losers never exited, likely many are changed into toys rather then being healed.
I just think you hit the nail on the head. It's awfully suspicious that all those gladiators never made it out and considering the toy factory location it's highly likely they all got changed into toys. I'm not sold on the arena boss being the actual Toy man but that doesn't really matter yet.

Also those turned gladiators must be pissed and my guess is that when they break free they'll join Luffy in his uprising against Doflamingo. The strawhats could use the extra men.
Old 2013-08-20, 13:48   Link #38
golgo13

It's pretty interesting Gancho, the Tonta-Chief, is telling Robin about the 900 year history. Perhaps there will be something for Robin to learn regarding the void century etc... This also favours DD's family being world nobles or very closely related to them.
Old 2013-08-20, 15:59   Link #39
Undertaker

Yeah, that line can be take in two ways, it's either refer to Dofla's blood line/Clan or that Dofla has been around for 900 year...

Either way it adds credit to theory that Dofla is a Tenryuubito. That or he is also one of the Ds.
Old 2013-08-20, 18:50   Link #40
shalala

Do you know what would be a shocking twist that no one would see coming? If the toy boss was the commenter.
Closed Thread