AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 23:29   Link #61
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Lol how many pages did the thread get to before it went poof anyway? I came back from work finding only 10 posts and the first thing I thought was "holy crap they must've broke the thread with a flood of posts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Seeing Nagisa's first scene in the promo welled up all sorts of warm memories .・゜・(ノд`)・゜・。
Forget warm memories, just looking at her back reminds me of the whole scene, the music, and uwa here comes the tears~

Quote:
From now till air date, they're just going to torture us with all types of promos, CMs, bangumis, netge, etc.
The game vets are the biggest victims here. Knowing just how great the game was makes it all the more painful to wait for. ^^;

Quote:
Sugita playing Tomoya?

うむむ... Sounds attractive, but I'd rather have a different VA this time around. He was great in Kanon and SHnY, but after playing Gekkou no Carnavale, I just don't see his voice fitting with school dramas anymore. I wonder if they will use Ito-san (岡崎朋也)? It seems to be the more faithful choice for fans.
I hope not. Yuuichi was still acceptable, but Tomoya is not a Sugita kind of guy. We're talking about a genuine delinquent here. Nojima Kenji, who was announced as Tomoya's voice actor for the upcoming CLANNAD drama CDs, would be an awesome choice, I think (think Nanaya Shiki from Melty Blood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Since Tomoyo After was mostly created to calm the swarms of people storming the studio wondering where their pr0n had gone, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Actually, Tomoyo After was made because Maeda-san wanted to write about it. The 18+ content was there because "it felt appropriate". Either way, Tomoyo After was never meant to be Key's "next big game" in the first place anyway, but more of an experiment + bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Who says its going to be a masterpiece? Man though even I know this one, it's something called Little Busters. What is about I don't know, but I'm sure it involves a Car Accident, somebody falling ill and dying, A Tomboy character and a really wishy washy main character.
I don't know about the first two, but there is a tomboy girl, although the main character is looking more like a "a goody two shoes most of the time but becomes incredibly cool when things get serious" kind of guy to me.

For a little more info on Little Busters, look here and here.

Oh wait I missed the cynicism.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-03-15 at 23:46.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:30   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Who says its going to be a masterpiece? Man though even I know this one, it's something called Little Busters. What is about I don't know, but I'm sure it involves a Car Accident, somebody falling ill and dying, A Tomboy character and a really wishy washy main character.
The secret recipe for masterpiece that was so secret for millenia, is secret no more. And it all thanks to Kaioshin Sama. I suppose Keys are a big believer of those words of wisdom, "don't fix something that works."
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:36   Link #63
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hmmmm, I think I have some of the pics Maidsx3 just posted.

Funny how often one saves images never knowing the characters in them.
Old 2007-03-15, 23:40   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Since Tomoyo After was mostly created to calm the swarms of people storming the studio wondering where their pr0n had gone, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

@Kaioshin: Is there anything wrong with letting a little optimism show sometimes? Even I get tired of being cynical all day. Besides, if their last three were huge hits, I think it's okay to expect something from the fourth.
Hmmm well they were huge hits, but I only really consider Kanon to be the standout among them as it was the first in a line of similar themed projects. And yes its true, I have no soul or sense of optimism. Why? The less optomistic you feel the less likely you are to feel let down when something disappoints. Likewise if something turns out good you feel all the more better for it since your expectations were out of sync with the products quality. Me though, I don't really feel emotion so I just can't do these kinds of shows. Believe me when I say I don't relish the fact that I'm Obsessive Compulsive and seem to suffer from Alexithymia, that's unfortunately how it is.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:40   Link #65
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
@Kaioshin: Is there anything wrong with letting a little optimism show sometimes? Even I get tired of being cynical all day. Besides, if their last three were huge hits, I think it's okay to expect something from the fourth.
Hey now, we need someone to denounce KyoAni despite its constant successes! Someone's gotta speak up for the other side, even if he's the only one on that team.

He's probably just feeling bitter that there could exist a studio with an absolutely clean (for now) record like KyoAni.
Old 2007-03-15, 23:46   Link #66
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Highly looking forward to this. Kinda have the trailer on a semi-perpetual loop at the moment... October. Sigh. It's a long time to wait...

But then, I suppose there's all the promotional material to look forward to. ~_^

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-15, 23:48   Link #67
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I'm a betting man though and I'd put down $20 on any given Key project following Clannad.
This should be obvious, but why bother watching Key adaptions if you don't like them?

October is a long time to wait! I need my Clannad fix now!
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:49   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks, I'd rather have multiple viewpoints from a variety of directions than a monotonic choir chant
Old 2007-03-15, 23:53   Link #69
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
According to ANN, the series is slated for sometime in October '07. Can anybody confirm whether this is true?
It was only announced yesterday on TV with an official HP, and no date was mentioned anywhere. I'm not sure where ANN got the "October" from, and I seriously doubt it.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 23:59   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Hey now, we need someone to denounce KyoAni despite its constant successes! Someone's gotta speak up for the other side, even if he's the only one on that team.

He's probably just feeling bitter that there could exist a studio with an absolutely clean (for now) record like KyoAni.
Don't forget about Bones, and Sunrise would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling Gundam Seed Destiny.

All I really want is to see credit given where credit is do with Kyoto Animation and not where it isn't or need not be. I don't know, maybe I'm just a killjoy, but I like playing the moderate guy in a sea of hardcore fans, you learn a little about your peers and what makes them tick, about your own shortcomings and you get to express yourself as well. Plus I hope it adds to the discussion a centering factor when I'm not pissing everybody off. If the pendulum swings from the haters on the left to the overwhelming supporters on the right, I guess I'm sort of just to the left of the centre on Kyoto Animation.

That would all change if they'd do something I really truly want to see on my own time, but its just H-Game conversion announcement after Moe Comedy announcment. I think I'd appreciate their careful attention to detail that I myself have a fair bit of obsession with if they'd do a bit more action oriented series again, or something with political intrigue like Code Geass. As it stands though all I'm seeing is a company that takes already popular source material from dating sims and does its best to make it into a solid anime and that's just not enough to cut it for me right off the bat like it is for some other people. Maybe another Full Metal Panic would be enough to change my mind. I've yet to see the Second Raid, so I'll hold off a bit on the criticism until then. Except for this one. How Can You Fail To Succeed If You Don't Take Any Risks? Think about that one for a second.

@Sai: You know what you need to do go out and play the game. Or watching Air or Kanon again might suffice.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:00   Link #71
velocity7

For now I'll bide my time translating the CLANNAD game. I don't expect to be able to see CLANNAD TV come until maybe 2008?

Just being safer than sorry.

*points to signature*
Old 2007-03-16, 00:05   Link #72
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Sai: You know what you need to do go out and play the game. Or watching Air or Kanon again might suffice.
I've already watched Kanon as a whole twice, and AIR four times. What are you trying to say?
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:08   Link #73
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

So that's what happened to the thread this morning. Oh well.

Excellent. AIR 2005, Kanon 2006, CLANNAD 2007/2008, perhaps Kyoto will now do a Planetarian OAV for 2010? One can only hope...

Unlike AIR however, I have no idea what the storyline for CLANNAD is (save for a couple of scanlated manga chapters on Nagisa) so I hope it's quite top notch.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:09   Link #74
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
It was only announced yesterday on TV with an official HP, and no date was mentioned anywhere. I'm not sure where ANN got the "October" from, and I seriously doubt it.
They are probably guess-timating after taking notes from the previous example set by Kanon. Kanon was announced to have a remake in March 2006. The first episode aired in October 2006. That's a seven month gap. If Clannad follows the same pattern, then it should air in October 2007, exactly seven months from the day it was announced Clannad will have an anime adaptation.
Old 2007-03-16, 00:22   Link #75
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This is one of those few instances where my fanboy-ism gets the best of me, but it's KyoAni doing a Key story, so...

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Hope this is at least a 24 ep series (hopefully more) since, given what people have said in the movie thread, this is a story that's going to need it and KyoAni have proven with Kanon that they have the ability to pull a series with that length off with (almost) no problems. But I've been nothing short of totally impressed with both of KyoAni's efforts with Key stories so far, so I have reason to be optimistic with this one. Add in a proven director who has a clear passion for the source material and I just can't help but highly anticipate this series.

This news has totally made my day.

Edit: Oh wow, it also has Nakahara Mai and Noto Mamiko in it. I'm almost dying of fanboy-ism here...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:34   Link #76
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Don't forget about Bones, and Sunrise would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling Gundam Seed Destiny.
I highly respect BONES and would put them second to KyoAni as the studio with the best batting average. But they've plopped out lemons in the past. I find just about everything they've done to be watchable and smooth, but not all of it is outstanding. As for Sunrise... if you like every single title they've produced over the course of their existence as a studio, with the sole exception of GSD, you certainly possess more stamina than I.

Quote:
As it stands though all I'm seeing is a company that takes already popular source material from dating sims and does its best to make it into a solid anime and that's just not enough to cut it for me right off the bat like it is for some other people. Maybe another Full Metal Panic would be enough to change my mind. I've yet to see the Second Raid, so I'll hold off a bit on the criticism until then. Except for this one. How Can You Fail To Succeed If You Don't Take Any Risks? Think about that one for a second.
lol. FMP fits the "already popular source material" definition to a T, dude. Anyway, I don't see anyone claiming that KyoAni is Studio 4°C or something. Studio 4°C garners similarly intense & adoring praise--there are a lot of people who believe that everything they touch turns to sakuga gold--just from a different crowd. An action-oriented or political series like Geass might be more enjoyable to you, but that's no reason to suggest that doing a political show is what'll make KyoAni "prove" themselves. Light novels and visual novels are not lesser source material by any means.

Personally, I've never claimed that KyoAni is innovative on anything but a visual quality front. But I've really, really liked every single one of their anime. Heck, I even liked Munto! And the fact that their visual quality improves over time is astounding. Even FMP: Fumoffu pales in comparison to later offerings like AIR. I mean, I'm sorry that you don't shamelessly lap Key's stories up the way I do (), but that's not really something to hold against KyoAni. So they're not doing anything you're interested in--so what? The visual quality they bring to the table, more consistently and brilliantly than any other TV anime studio out there, is undeniable. If nothing else, hopefully it'll challenge those other studios not to settle for cheap-looking animation and cost-cutting gimmicks. Maybe someday we'll start seeing KyoAni caliber animation from companies that aren't called KyoAni... and maybe some of those uber-l33t-looking shows will be stuff that gets your blood pumping.

Tell me--what risks are other studios taking? And why is taking risks admirable? If you have a great story, original or otherwise, you should have confidence in it. That's not taking a risk. I mean, okay, maybe suddenly doing a BDSM shota series would be taking a risk, but it'd also be stupid and pointless. I will grant you that there are studios that take true risks and freshen up the industry in the process, like Studio 4°C--but that's one out of just how many? Why can't KyoAni do their own thing? Why is risking the confusion and even ire of fans more commendable than doing your best to make them happy?

People will only fawn over KyoAni as long as KyoAni keeps making shows that they love. They certainly won't eat just anything that KyoAni tries to feed them... they don't like a show because it's from KyoAni, but because it has the beauty and faithfulness to the source that they have come to expect from KyoAni. People won't make any excuses for them if they screw up--if that happens, the honeymoon ends.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:36   Link #77
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
As it stands though all I'm seeing is a company that takes already popular source material from dating sims and does its best to make it into a solid anime and that's just not enough to cut it for me right off the bat like it is for some other people
Of course, that's a valid argument, but making an anime adaption of an "already popular" series is not as easy as you would think. Given the unforgiving nature of the anime industry (especially when we're talking about niche slots like these), if you want to make an anime adaptation that's clearly targeted towards the fans of the original, you better pray to god you do a good job or you're done. Sure, Kyoani "only" took a bunch of popular eroges (although CLANNAD was an all-age game to begin with) and made solid, high-quality animes out of them, but they did it better than anyone else. And that was enough to please the fans. As long as Kyoani continued to make these "great, faithful adaptations", nobody's going to think about whether that actually makes Kyoani a good company or not.
Quote:
That would all change if they'd do something I really truly want to see on my own time, but its just H-Game conversion announcement after Moe Comedy announcment. I think I'd appreciate their careful attention to detail that I myself have a fair bit of obsession with if they'd do a bit more action oriented series again, or something with political intrigue like Code Geass.
A Kyoani "Owari no Chronicle" anime adaptation. When that happens, I'll probably need a tranquilizer to stop myself from my dance of ecstatic joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
They are probably guess-timating after taking notes from the previous example set by Kanon. Kanon was announced to have a remake in March 2006. The first episode aired in October 2006. That's a seven month gap. If Clannad follows the same pattern, then it should air in October 2007, exactly seven months from the day it was announced Clannad will have an anime adaptation.
Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself (since the thread went poof), but cyan-san (the owner of MOON PHASE) mentioned a Haruhi second season @ Fall 2007 / CLANNAD @ Early 2008 schedule, which was based on the insider information that he has received from his informants.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:47   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Like Sushi-Y, I figure january-ish for Clannad. Allowing for Lucky Star, SHnY2 seasons, that seems more likely.

One of the reasons I always throw salt before webbing over to ANN.
Old 2007-03-16, 00:48   Link #79
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Quote:

That would all change if they'd do something I really truly want to see on my own time, but its just H-Game conversion announcement after Moe Comedy announcment. I think I'd appreciate their careful attention to detail that I myself have a fair bit of obsession with if they'd do a bit more action oriented series again, or something with political intrigue like Code Geass. As it stands though all I'm seeing is a company that takes already popular source material from dating sims and does its best to make it into a solid anime and that's just not enough to cut it for me right off the bat like it is for some other people. Maybe another Full Metal Panic would be enough to change my mind. I've yet to see the Second Raid, so I'll hold off a bit on the criticism until then. Except for this one. How Can You Fail To Succeed If You Don't Take Any Risks? Think about that one for a second.
Kyoto Animation takes source material and enhances them to horizons that even the original creator wouldn't have thought off. Of course, I might be a fanboy, but everything that Kyoto Animation has done from FMP Fumoffu up to Kanon 2006 has been highly enjoyable.

And who says Kyoto Animation doesn't produce original stuff? Munto OAV comes to mind, while it's only 2 50 minute episodes, the story in there looked pretty original to me (and the character designs came way before Haruhi).

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 00:58   Link #80
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating myself (since the thread went poof), but cyan-san (the owner of MOON PHASE) mentioned a Haruhi second season @ Fall 2007 / CLANNAD @ Early 2008 schedule, which was based on the insider information that he has received from his informants.
It is all news to me, so most definitely not repeating yourself from my point of view! Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose Clannad will air on the Fall schedule since it seems we won't get a 2nd season for Haruhi this year. Makes me a bit sad, but as long as there is more KyoAni...

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen