AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-25, 03:00   Link #1081
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Another chapter of volume 2 is done over at baka-tsuki

Quote:
On his back, his sister's twin orbs were pressed against him
Old 2012-08-25, 03:37   Link #1082
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Another chapter of volume 2 is done over at baka-tsuki

lol...

in what way did u read that sentence?

and in what way did i read that sentence due to your "......."

now... in what way will the next person read tht setence? ^^
Old 2012-08-25, 03:40   Link #1083
Seitsuki
Onee!

Heaven is a place on earth
Old 2012-08-25, 03:41   Link #1084
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
On his back, his sister's twin orbs were pressed against him
Now we are talking, what could they be
Old 2012-08-25, 03:53   Link #1085
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Kinda off-topic, but I'm just curious, given the atmosphere that's been constantly heavy over at both the manga/light novel thread...

I can't be only one who prefers Mari & Mayumi over Miyuki, right?

... right?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-08-25, 03:55   Link #1086
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

... right?
NIGHTY RUN! You've just stirred the hornet's nest !
Old 2012-08-25, 03:56   Link #1087
Seitsuki
Onee!

*snaps on gloves*

Don't worry, we'll be veeeery gentle.

Now hold still, this is a delicate procedure.
Old 2012-08-25, 06:37   Link #1088
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Kinda off-topic, but I'm just curious, given the atmosphere that's been constantly heavy over at both the manga/light novel thread...

... right?
I am a Mayumi fan myself but there is alot of Miyuki fan around here
Old 2012-08-25, 07:22   Link #1089
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
*snaps on gloves*

Don't worry, we'll be veeeery gentle.

Now hold still, this is a delicate procedure.
*hand Seitsu-bro my Metal Bat full of Nails*

here...already disinfected with alcohol

I prefer Miyuki above anyone else in 1st high school....for now*ahem*
Old 2012-08-25, 08:18   Link #1090
Mentar
Banned

But unlike other shows, I don't really feel any "negative" rivalry in my shipping. Personally, I'm rooting for Miyuki for a long list of reasons, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like Mayumi or Mari, too.

Example: One of my fiercest shipping contests was in Hayate no Gotoku at the end of the Greece arc. I was and still am a devoted Hina shipper, and while I was noncommital-neutral on Nagi, I fiercely resented Athena (and, to a lesser degree, still do). In Mahouka, pretty much all girls have their own appeal, and while I have my preferences, I don't have any dislikes.

As a character, Mayumi is great. Intelligent, playful, yet easily embarrassed, and I really like her genuine efforts to help people out and overcome the stupid bloom/weed divide. If she were to end up with Tatsuya, I would only mind that there's a worthier girl who has suffered through much more and tried much harder.

Mari is awesome (and hot as hell) and makes a great pair with Mayumi. What's not to like? But since she is already attached, there's not much shipping involved here

Miyuki is a special case for me. Sure, there are sides of her that I normally tend to disapprove of: Her possessiveness and jealousy. What more than offsets them however is my knowledge about her background and past - what she went (and still goes) through would emotionally warp anyone, yet she managed to stay kind and positive throughout. She's the girl who is going through the biggest ordeals to support and protect Tatsuya. And so, she's pretty much the only imouto character I can think of that I fully root for.
Old 2012-08-25, 10:16   Link #1091
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:

... right?
I don't quite understand you. In wich way do you'd prefer Mari & Mayumi more?

As characters, or as the girl (Saegusa senpai) whou will end up together with Tatsuya?

I like this series because each character, including the males, have their own charm. And since there is no harem here, the plot focuses in the story development, making it a nice reading.

That said, I like Miyuki the most among the other girls, and even more after reading about her past with her Onii sama. As character, and as the girl who will end up with Tatsuya.
Mayumi senpai hasn't had much interaction with MC, compared with Honoka and Miyuki.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:23   Link #1092
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I don't quite understand you. In wich way do you'd prefer Mari & Mayumi more?

As characters, or as the girl (Saegusa senpai) whou will end up together with Tatsuya?
Broadly speaking, just characters. I'm not on-board the shipper's deck for any ships yet. While Miyuki's moments with Tatsuya where they act like shameless lovers are fun, it's not exactly at the level where I would want to ship them.

And it's not like I dislike Miyuki or anything, pretty much most of the characters in Rettousei thus far is pretty likable with their own character traits, even if there's only just that at this point of time. ( since only the Shibalings have the time dedicated towards setting up the backstory drama at this point )...

Well, with the exception of everytime 'Hurr Bloom/Weed' gets brought up in some regard or respect.

It's not like I meant to spark anything in particular with that question, it just piqued my curiosity mainly because of the... somewhat... suffocating amounts of Miyuki love thrown around these parts.

*runs*

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-08-27, 08:59   Link #1093
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Broadly speaking, just characters. I'm not on-board the shipper's deck for any ships yet. While Miyuki's moments with Tatsuya where they act like shameless lovers are fun, it's not exactly at the level where I would want to ship them.

And it's not like I dislike Miyuki or anything, pretty much most of the characters in Rettousei thus far is pretty likable with their own character traits, even if there's only just that at this point of time. ( since only the Shibalings have the time dedicated towards setting up the backstory drama at this point )...

Well, with the exception of everytime 'Hurr Bloom/Weed' gets brought up in some regard or respect.

It's not like I meant to spark anything in particular with that question, it just piqued my curiosity mainly because of the... somewhat... suffocating amounts of Miyuki love thrown around these parts.

*runs*
Wahaha~

Look who's stirring up this here coffee-cup storm. And calling them Shibalings indicates too much Starcraft for you. They'd be screaming for nerfs on the Zerg all over the known galaxy if that ever became a viable option for Hyper-Evolution.

Agreed with what you've been implying (or blatantly saying, depending which way you'd look at it) though, we still need more time for the dynamic between the characters we've come to be attached to in following this series to evolve and reach a new normal as the story develops.

Tatsuya's emotional development (hopefully it progresses beyond the 'hm-this-is-odd, or-is-it-interesting' level we're at now) would go a long way in changing this. I think someone mentioned some time back that the romantic subplot would serve as a yardstick for his development. It works backwards as well: his development would cause the subplot, no, much of the main plot too, to change, with Tatsuya seeing through different eyes, and in turn others seeing him differently as well, along with the whole damn Soul Train of new, alternative courses of action that can follow from there. In fact in the former case I quite suspect it's the only way we're going to see any meaningful development beyond the one-sided introspection of our hapless girls, and from there what we glean in the ever-so-slightly faulty dark rooms we call 'the reader's mind'.

Much rethinking will be in order to suit the gradually defrosting iceman: this Tatsuya will feel and handle very differently, I hope, please O author...and maybe some increased aggression to start titillating the readers? Ah, sweet unpredictability. Add that to a hopefully increased focus on the bigger picture from now on and hence much trickier situations for our merry band to get sucked into, and I suppose with that and then some the series will reach another level. To that end personally I'll wait and see.

In any case, I have been for a time now and still am partial to the Kaichou End, not least because I'm allergic to too much sugar-sweetness - there's too little dark in that particular corner of the (okay, fine, it's still developing) plot, and I'm waiting on the author to give me a good dose of it once we start getting to the nitty-gritty of Tatsuya's plan, and partially because up till now Saegusa's been entertaining me with her way of dancing around the whole issue. I'm curious as to where it will all go...and frankly will be sorely disappointed if she never gets the reveal about those double-entendres Tatsuya seems so wont to toss at her unawares *once he becomes aware that he's been throwing them around*. At the very least.

Nonetheless I'm okay with the author going whichever route he feels best so long as there's a good sense of closure to the whole subplot since by now there's too much material for it to not be closed without riotous protest, and yet too little for us to draw up any real battle-lines.

And it seems the same things still choke the Old Guards. Were we always like that, or did we have to work on it, I wonder? Wahaha~
Old 2012-08-27, 10:45   Link #1094
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

*cracking knuckles*

Hehe, I was just curious. I like Miyuki since web-vol 4, not at the very beginning btw.

Saegusa-senpai has her cute moments also, but there are not that many compared to Miyuki, and the story focuses in another things more than romance.

---

Now I remember, a friend of mine told me to read Denyu-Den, or something like that, after talk with her about this series. I haven't talked to her since a while, so I don't know about this series. Anyone can give me a little review or something?
Old 2012-08-27, 12:02   Link #1095
kfcpanda

denyud-den as in the one related to densetsu no yusha?
Old 2012-08-27, 12:27   Link #1096
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
denyud-den as in the one related to densetsu no yusha?
No idea

She said something about magic, and an OP main character, but nothing more.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:46   Link #1097
kfcpanda

there are quite a few that could fit

and this is one of them
Old 2012-08-28, 00:10   Link #1098
Flere821
Lurker

Denyuden, AKA 'legend of legendary heroes' ('densetsu yuusha no densetsu' in Japanese IIRC)? That one is good, a bit lot darker than this series, and I for one can never predict the plot twists. I haven't been following it though, I have no idea if it is still going.

EDIT: Shiiiiiii- It's still going and I've missed a BD special LN, another LN volume of the main plot, and what appears to be a Side Story. *headdesk* I'll get around to reading those 3... maybe... eventually...
Old 2012-08-28, 01:20   Link #1099
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
*cracking knuckles*

Hehe, I was just curious. I like Miyuki since web-vol 4, not at the very beginning btw.

Saegusa-senpai has her cute moments also, but there are not that many compared to Miyuki, and the story focuses in another things more than romance.

---

Now I remember, a friend of mine told me to read Denyu-Den, or something like that, after talk with her about this series. I haven't talked to her since a while, so I don't know about this series. Anyone can give me a little review or something?
Denyuuden is GODLY (to me at least) (and if you ignore the weird prose). PERIOD. (And please don't read the wiki if you want some of your mind blown). Currently the series stands at 40 volumes including the side stories, but it's pretty easy to read.

And Flere, actually DYD doesn't have that many twists, it's just the scale of the story gets insanely bigger. Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi is the one with mindfuq twists.
Old 2012-08-28, 02:01   Link #1100
kfcpanda

in terms of grittiness & quality, how would you guys compare denyuuden/mknr with others?

based on being able to read the actual text
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings