AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-17, 16:22   Link #521
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well considering the star of the show is named after a satellite and the future guardians of her child are named after asteroids and other dwarf planets, and don't think Pluto has much to worry about save that there are now even more dwarf planets out there. (Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris. With Ceres being one of the Amazon Quartet already along with asteroids Pallas, Juno and Vesta.)

So how will they add in Sailor Haumea, Sailor Makemake, and Sailor Eris?
Old 2013-01-17, 22:19   Link #522
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
It doesn't hold up. At all. Too many fillers, and inconsistent characterization, IMO. After S it goes downhill even more.
I disagree. I watched subbed Sailormoon up til the middle of SuperS about two or three years ago and I think it holds up pretty well if you can ignore some bad animation now and then.

.........to my dismay the dub script is more memorable though but that's just because it's so bad....

But I saw nothing inconsistent with the characterization in the sub.
Old 2013-01-18, 07:43   Link #523
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

For those wondering when we might get some information, the best bet would probably be at Tokyo International Anime Fair 2013, which will be held March 21, 2013, to March 24. 2013.

Usually announcements of new projects or information of previously announced shows tend to show up here.
Old 2013-01-18, 22:00   Link #524
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there are no pictures ...?
Old 2013-01-18, 22:03   Link #525
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not yet. Maybe in March?
Old 2013-01-19, 16:42   Link #526
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Unfortunately, no. No Pictures, no Trailer, no new info either. And it's starting to wear on my patience! But as ChibiGoku (and a couple others have said on this thread) we may get some new info at the Tokyo International Anime Fair of this year, which starts at the 21st of March.
Old 2013-01-19, 16:43   Link #527
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Thumbs up

Quote:
perhaps in facebook generally it's fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not yet. Maybe in March?

excellent news for start the year .
Old 2013-01-19, 17:18   Link #528
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With Ceres being one of the Amazon Quartet already along with asteroids Pallas, Juno and Vesta.)

So how will they add in Sailor Haumea, Sailor Makemake, and Sailor Eris?
I got bad feelings. Better stick to the original cast...
Old 2013-01-20, 03:50   Link #529
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Unfortunately, no. No Pictures, no Trailer, no new info either. And it's starting to wear on my patience! But as ChibiGoku (and a couple others have said on this thread) we may get some new info at the Tokyo International Anime Fair of this year, which starts at the 21st of March.
I can not wait because I hope that the design of the character will not change much with such "saint seya omega" drawing a lot has changed if compared to the beginning ...
Old 2013-01-20, 04:59   Link #530
xizro345
King's Justice

In an ideal world for me, Takeuchi's involvement would be zero. But that's not going to happen, sadly.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:10   Link #531
T-6000

Quote:
I can not wait because I hope that the design of the character will not change much with such "saint seya omega" drawing a lot has changed if compared to the beginning ...
I'm personally hoping that the art design is closer to Naoko's art design in the manga. Well, as far as character design goes.

Quote:
In an ideal world for me, Takeuchi's involvement would be zero. But that's not going to happen, sadly.
Personally I hope she's much more involved this time so the Anime can be closer to the Manga version.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:51   Link #532
Kudryavka

Nicet o see old cartoon get an update.

Would be even nicer to see my country not butcher any license they do of it.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:25   Link #533
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Personally I hope she's much more involved this time so the Anime can be closer to the Manga version.
The manga has so much problems I'd rather not. She's a terrible writer, despite getting an interesting concept.
Also as I said earlier, the formula as it is doesn't work anymore. Times have changed. Trying to repeat it as is either will fail or produce something sub-par.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:42   Link #534
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
What makes you think she's a terrible writer? o_O
Old 2013-01-20, 10:32   Link #535
Kirarakim

Quote:
The manga has so much problems I'd rather not. She's a terrible writer, despite getting an interesting concept.
Also as I said earlier, the formula as it is doesn't work anymore. Times have changed. Trying to repeat it as is either will fail or produce something sub-par.
I have mixed feelings about the manga but come on looking at the sales of the series worldwide you are clearly in the minority.

They didnt follow the manga last time so it would make sense if they followed it now.
Old 2013-01-20, 11:45   Link #536
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
If you ask me, I rather have the remake be an adaptation that can stand alone well so more people can get into it; pandering to manga fans should just be gravy. It'll be more awesome if this series last at least 100 episodes so it'll be easier to syndicate on U.S. TV (seriously this NEEDS to be on TV like Nickelodeon).
Old 2013-01-20, 12:26   Link #537
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

They didnt follow the manga last time so it would make sense if they followed it now.
That would mean any character that is not named Usagi Tsukino being characterized as deep as single sheet of paper. The manga is repetitive, since it mostly follows the same pattern (only one chapter per Senshi, rest on Usagi). Add that the villains are really terrible (at least in the anime some of them got a minimal development). The equivalent of Sailor Stars managed to disgust me as much as the relevant part of the anime (why they didn't stop at S?).

As for Takeuchi being a terrible writer...She managed to screw up Sailor V that had a completely different tone by shoehorning needless drama in the last chapters.

Plus all the supposed tinkering she had in the license for the anime, though the truth of this will always remain unknown.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:57   Link #538
Kirarakim

Quote:
That would mean any character that is not named Usagi Tsukino being characterized as deep as single sheet of paper. The manga is repetitive, since it mostly follows the same pattern (only one chapter per Senshi, rest on Usagi). Add that the villains are really terrible (at least in the anime some of them got a minimal development). The equivalent of Sailor Stars managed to disgust me as much as the relevant part of the anime (why they didn't stop at S?).

As for Takeuchi being a terrible writer...She managed to screw up Sailor V that had a completely different tone by shoehorning needless drama in the last chapters.

Plus all the supposed tinkering she had in the license for the anime, though the truth of this will always remain unknown.
But please note that is just your opinion.

I am going to say I am reading the manga for the first time with this re-release (I only saw random episodes of the anime). And while I like certain things about it I am not that big of a fan of the series. It just doesn't do it for me. To the point that I stopped buying the manga but went with taking it out from the library. It's a classic series so I want to finish reading it, I just don't like it enough to buy it.

However there are a lot of people that love the manga. The manga continues to top the best sellers list in the US and I believe it did very well in other countries. So the fact of the matter is they would be silly to not do a manga adaption because a lot of people obviously do enjoy it.

It doesn't really matter what individual people think is a good or bad story. Things appeal to people differently after all.
Old 2013-01-20, 14:15   Link #539
xizro345
King's Justice

You may as well pass over most shortcomings, but when the same stuff is repeated ad nauseam it stops working (even for Toei, which tried a similar formula immediately after SM, trying with Cutey Honey F... and the results are for everyone to see). Plus let's not forget the anime manage to alienate part of the fanbase with SuperS and Sailor Stars, with some choices regarding certain characters (the first one being Ami, I still remember certain heated debates back in the day).
The fact the manga still sells is not really relevant to the issue. The reissue was published even here, but I stopped right at the S arc, since afterwards everything goes downhill. Still, it was a success AFAIK. But I still remember Takeuchi has done basically nothing worthwile after Sailormoon.
I know I wouldn't watch another 100+ episode series. Precure is already testing my patience with its 48-50 episode formula.
Old 2013-01-20, 14:39   Link #540
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Nostalgia factor notwithstanding, I suspect that my 28-year-old self will not tolerate the shallowness of a very traditional 90s magical-girl series, especially after the recent Deconstructor Fleets, particularly Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, pretty much executed Base Delta Zero on the Magical Girl Planet and left its surface naught but superheated radioactive glass.

When I was a kid I used to think Final Fantasy 7 was the cat's meow, the best game ever. I recently attempted to replay it, making sure to leave off my nostalgia goggles, and couldn't make it more than a few hours in before I stopped and realized, "Damn, this game is awful. How did I ever like it so much?"

I can't tolerate Precure, original or otherwise, despite the original Futari wa Pretty Cure being held up as a deconstruction of the genre. Not after Nanoha and Madoka, anyway.

I might be willing to check this out for nostalgia's sake, but I doubt I'll be too interested unless they take the concept only and rewrite it for a 2013 audience.

Tags
remake, shoujo