AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 18:49   Link #81
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
A combat medic. Does this mean no more self healing ?
Ick. I certainly hope we still can.

Maybe the Medic will take over the Engineer's role as healer.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 20:06   Link #82
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm curious as to what role the navy will play in this game, there are scans of artwork, but does it say whether or not they will have impact on the gameplay?
Unknown. There might be missions that take place aboard ships (remember the Lafayette level in GoldenEye?); and perhaps in some scenarios you'll be able to call on them for arty support...

Spoiler for Bringing the boom...!:

Quote:
I'm loving the increased customization. Anything that can make my army feel more like my army is welcomed.
Bonus points if they take cues in this vein from Dawn of War...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 20:22   Link #83
kalbron

The more I read, the more it seems that they weren't lying when they said they wanted this to be a true sequel and not a cheap PSP knockoff using the name.

I really didn't expect that, but this is looking more and more like it'll be at least a decent game at this point.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 00:56   Link #84
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I always wanted customization in VC. I reckon they could have made appearances changed as armour got more advanced.

Something else I would have liked to have seen was the ability to determine how much ordnance your troops could carry. Instead of recovering a grenade every turn or with an engineer, you'd choose the number to carry into combat as well as ammunition.

No more unlimited amounts of ammunition so you'd have to watch out with your troops just blasting away during interception fire and what not - orders for interception like only attack if there is a high chance of hitting the target or hold fire.

As well as the level of armour to carry. Higher protection, more weight.

The point of this I thought would be the more weight your troops carry, the less AP they had for actions. If you intended to simply scout rush, give someone a short rifle to save weight and a couple of spare charger clips or a grenade and no armour.

Heavy defence, have a shocktrooper with heavy armour (helmet, arms, legs), full combat load of ammunition, multiple grenades and replace the submachine gun with a light machine gun.

Collecting enemy weapons in combat would be pretty cool too.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 01:13   Link #85
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Something else I would have liked to have seen was the ability to determine how much ordnance your troops could carry...
It sounds like you want the VC dev team to take a few pointers from Operation Darkness, given that said WW2-plus-paranormal title includes all of this in its mechanics, along with a couple of other touches like coordinated fire. I really should get back into that game at some point.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 01:38   Link #86
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Sweet! The drill instructor's back!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 01:44   Link #87
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It sounds like you want the VC dev team to take a few pointers from Operation Darkness, given that said WW2-plus-paranormal title includes all of this in its mechanics, along with a couple of other touches like coordinated fire. I really should get back into that game at some point.
The only difference is Operation Darkness was a big time flop on the 360 whereas VC is a success on the PS3, so no.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 15:29   Link #88
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The only difference is Operation Darkness was a big time flop on the 360 whereas VC is a success on the PS3, so no.
Operation Darkness was a pretty huge failure, but I always thought it was more of the execution's fault than the mechanics. There are quite a good amount of mechanics that could work well with Valkyria Chronicles, such as being able to pick up supplies and ammo from a fallen enemy soldier.
Old 2009-07-18, 17:49   Link #89
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It sounds like you want the VC dev team to take a few pointers from Operation Darkness.
Never heard of it to be honest.

Old 2009-07-18, 18:01   Link #90
Runty

Quote:
Never heard of it to be honest.
No need to feel bad. Operation Darkness sucked horribly, and would be a waste of money and time to purchase. Thankfully, I didn't fall victim to that.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 18:08   Link #91
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I just thought limiting ammunition would help stop the overuse of a single unit and add a bit more strategy to the game.

Old 2009-07-19, 00:12   Link #92
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I just thought limiting ammunition would help stop the overuse of a single unit and add a bit more strategy to the game.
I really hope they're aware of that little flaw. I want it penalized for solo runs... other than perhaps a solo-run mode.
Old 2009-07-19, 00:22   Link #93
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I really hope they're aware of that little flaw. I want it penalized for solo runs... other than perhaps a solo-run mode.
That would be cool. Taking a single badass character and running him/her through a course solo? I'd love a sniper who could do that as an extra mission.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 00:39   Link #94
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

is psp that BAD of a system for such good game to be on? i am just happy they make it and was shocked that its going on psp hell it could be worse it could go on 360 that was first though that VC was going on but they cancel it and put it on ps3 at the last min. just give it a chances and see how well it will do u cant realy tell how good its going be until u try it but theres some u CAN tell right off the bat its going be good or bad lol. they might make a third one for ps3 lol if the sec one does very well hell theres few games that end or currenlty still going on ps3 on third installment. disgaea 3 is on ps3 which was interesting to hear that third installment go on ps3 so this means the third one will be shifted back on ps3? lol
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 22:11   Link #95
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I do hope they improve some of the SFX. The carbine sfx was just out of place. Also, better animations. A real reload animation would be good as well, as well as not playing it if the unit did NOT fire his/her weapon during the turn.

Also, let's hope some American weaponry, or at least stuff resembling it, get added to the mix.
Old 2009-07-19, 22:23   Link #96
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Oh well. Good thing I sold my white Japanese PSP and got the Metal Gear: Portable Ops Bundle PSP pack. Can hardly wait for it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 07:13   Link #97
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I do hope they improve some of the SFX. The carbine sfx was just out of place. Also, better animations. A real reload animation would be good as well, as well as not playing it if the unit did NOT fire his/her weapon during the turn.
I thought them reloading no matter what was fun. Speaking of sound fx, they'd better keep the "Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle...."
Old 2009-07-20, 16:13   Link #98
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I thought them reloading no matter what was fun. Speaking of sound fx, they'd better keep the "Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle...."
I'm a real stiffler for realism in games but the reloading at the end of each action gave the characters a real "Don't Fuck With Me" aura. Particularly Rosie and Alicia's custom animations.

Old 2009-07-20, 16:16   Link #99
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm a real stiffler
I think you mean 'stickler'.
Old 2009-07-20, 20:54   Link #100
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I just want them to keep all the comic book-esque sound effects and words along with the ragdoll physics. It's not supposed to be a very realistic game anyways, so why start now?