AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 10:52   Link #101
leokiko

Ok then, if so many people are praising it, I will give it a try
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 11:36   Link #102
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
My reason for trying this is simple: Kawamori + Okada.

What happens when you get one of the pioneers of love triangles combined with the most atrocious shipping feeder? The world explodes of course... or you get Aquarion EVOL and AKB0048 Expecting lots of shipping trolling in this . Probably yuri shipping since it's likely going to be an all female-cast.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:56   Link #103
Katapan
俺様祭り

Aaaand to round up the list... cast announcement, third edition.

Akimoto Sayaka: Kawasumi Ayako
Miyazawa Sae: Nakahara Mai
Maeda Atsuko: Sawashiro Miyuki

Boy, did this remain surprising up to the very end, in a good way. I'm looking at the whole cast list again, and there's no way I would ever have expected a TV anime in 2012 to feature all these names together...
Old 2012-03-09, 21:49   Link #104
sa547
*Author

^
Mon dieu, with a lot of heavy-hitting seiyuu, I could imagine some crossover cosplaying in fanart. *rubs hands in anticipation*

Acchan as Suruga...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7982.html#more

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-09 at 22:33.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:45   Link #105
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
...Offtopic: My preferred primer for an introduction and good understanding of how AKB48 works is by reading the official manga about a boy who crossdresses in order to help his crush become a part of the teams: AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei . And this forever changed my mind about those girls, not just that they're cute, but as blue-chip performers they can work hard and play hard.
Thanks for this. The first few chapters of the manga are great. Maybe I'll learn how to like them. I do like some idol groups (9nine right now), but AKB48 have never done it for me. I'll listen to more.

The cast and staff of this project have me all in, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 13:32   Link #106
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I love that they seem to be trying to lure in the sci-fi fan crowd to which I belong when I've pretty much been through this sort of attempt to appeal to know that the sci-fi aspects are going to get maybe 5% of the focus while the rest of the show is comprised of really expensive concert scenes (probably with lots of flashy CGI since it's Satelight), fluffy dialogue and maybe a little fanservice here and there. It's just like nope....after countless experiences like this in a row I just don't trust a show where the entire cast is comprised of a female pop group to deliver to anyone other than fans of said pop group in real life. I honestly don't know why they even bother as it just seems like the kind of ploy that's going to dilute the story and be of no interest to AKB48 fans.

AKB48 fans don't give a **** about seeing the intergalactic space idol/Macross/Jet Set Radio version of the band, they just want to see AKB48 dance around and sing their new songs and sci-fi fans don't give a **** about wanting to see singing/dancing pop-idols for extended lengths of time, they want to see a distant yet familiar world and be entertained by the intracies of the setting and characters so just again really not sure why they are bothering with the sci-fi twist here as it's just not going to work to it's advantage in any way that I can see...not with this writer and this premise at least.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 13:39   Link #107
leokiko

It won't hurt to give this a try though. I'm also on the sci-fi crowd.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 23:20   Link #108
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
(TL;DR)
Rather the show is more on the musical side than full-on serious sci-fi (I believe that the last time a major pop group had an animated feature of their own, even though short-lived, it was New Kids on the Block).

Man, you haven't seen the show yet, so don't rail on it until it arrives.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:33   Link #109
Undertaker

@Kaioshin Sama

I have to agree with sa547 here as well, as I mentioned, this project to me does not look like a project to gain new fans but more as a reward project for old fans.

I don't know how much you know about the group, but AKB48 was a group that was built on the foundation in which it's core fans ARE hard core ACG fans. (our so called otaku) In fact many of the direction the group takes are based on what this group suggested in the past.

To say it was a project to reach sci-fi anime crowd doesn't make sense to me since they've already tapped into that crowd in their Akibahara based theater and to be frank, their current popularity make that pointless.

It just doesn't make sense when AKB are now on top of not just the Japanese idol world but the whole Japanese entertainment world where the group was estimate to be have stimulated nearly 30 Billion Yen (roughly $375 million USD) for Japanese economy last year. (according to KinSMA special)

It make more sense that the project is using AKB to hope to draw more sci-fi anime fans from the production sides and from AKB side it's a project devotes to their long-time followers.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-13 at 00:48.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 11:26   Link #110
sa547
*Author

My body isn't READY for this:

Work-in-Progress/Not Finalized

Oh, do I have to remind that they ain't gonna repeat Xenoglossia (I'm sure Okada and her deputies have reviewed that precedent and hopefully don't let the story go that way)?

To make comparisons with Xenoglossia would be a mistake; that other show was poorly directed and scripted.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-14 at 20:46.
Old 2012-03-13, 15:11   Link #111
Undertaker

Is that song actually going to be the OP? 'cause I thought they would at least use a new song as theme song for the series...

Anyway, that clip actually looks nice with some pretty good dogfight movements. I'm all for changing the title of this to MACROSS: AKB0048.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:05   Link #112
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Ugh.. that CGi dance >_>
Old 2012-03-14, 10:43   Link #113
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Ugh.. that CGi dance >_>
Unfortunately, for those not happy about CG animation, it's going to stay as part of the production process; Satelite will be using the same tools and software that helped build up Macross Frontier and the two movies (as well as the Nyan-Nyan Video Clip and the videos used in the tie-in pachinko machines).

For me, the eye-candy is just the icing on the cake; what matters much for me is the script, dialogue, characterization (personality goes a very long way), and interaction.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:12   Link #114
Westlo
Lets be reality

Macross Frontier didn't have CGI dancing.... This shit reminds me of Sunrises Love Live! PVs and the Precure EDs....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:31   Link #115
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Macross Frontier didn't have CGI dancing
To be more precise, Macross Frontier Music Clip Shuu: Nyankuri (the Northern Cross concert sequence). Also the first few minutes of Sayonara no Tsubasa at Sheryl's concert.

It's too early to go dissing.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:28   Link #116
Undertaker

Well, I finally figure out the my own question earlier on what exactly are those legacy members and the generation honorific are for.

Should have realized it sooner since its a fairly common cultural tradition in East Asia when it comes to professions and clans. I just got confuse by the names and thought those legacy members were suppose to be their real live self.

Legacy members are simply regular members who inherited the name of the original (real live) AKB members based on the quality they displayed. So Takamina the 5th is literally the 5th Takamina or fourth person to carry the name Takamina and isn't Takamina being the 4th generation of some unknown group.

Anyway, looking at the VA list for Legacy members, it's really a who's who list. It reminds me of the VA talent that Sakura Taisen (the game) was able to secure. This type of thing just doesn't happen often, even if they are really just there as supporting cast.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:16   Link #117
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Unfortunately, for those not happy about CG animation, it's going to stay as part of the production process; Satelite will be using the same tools and software that helped build up Macross Frontier and the two movies (as well as the Nyan-Nyan Video Clip and the videos used in the tie-in pachinko machines).

For me, the eye-candy is just the icing on the cake; what matters much for me is the script, dialogue, characterization (personality goes a very long way), and interaction.
Dude, no offense... but you got your expectation reversed pretty badly

Eyecandy is must for Idol/big project like this.. and after Idolm@ster that have its dancing scene worked by such like Nishigori and co (many ex Gainax involved here), CG dance/concert gonna looked pretty bleh.

And again, expecting something like "well as long the story n dialogue is fine" (and as like that would happen in this lol, again no offense) is quite silly. Its eyecandy or bust for most of us that waiting for this. Considering what kind of project this is.

Last edited by fertygo; 2012-03-15 at 09:08.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 18:30   Link #118
sa547
*Author

Nice way to start the morning with a red mark, eh?

First of all, unlike most people, I don't like to judge things by first sight, or the cover of any book, for there is something beneath the facade, and I want to know more about that, I want to see that substance, which explains about my viewpoint; there's more than just a cute face.

I know and for months since the first announcement (and we've been discussing it at some length), there's a lot of mad risk and bets riding on this project, and after seeing the video I know comparisons with the failed IM@S:Xenoglossia show (and the successful Idolmaster) will be inevitable. If the staff of this show (including Aki-P) have done their homework, however, I'm confident in foreseeing that they're not going in that direction where Xenoglossia failed in delivering.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-14 at 18:48.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:18   Link #119
Undertaker

I agree, besides the more I looks at this project the more I feel it's a gamble on the production side rather than from AKB side.

It seems that the production is hoping to use AKB's popularity to maybe reviving sci-fi genre as a whole as the genre has being in a virtual standstill for the past few years. (the works that there but there really hadn't been any major sci-fi hit unless you count IS)

The good new here is that the AKB side seem to be fairly committed to it that while no major member other than Mayuyu is in it, Akimoto at least seem to be pretty on board with this project. And considering the current workload of top members, the fact he can even spare Mayuyu is pretty pretty impressive and it the music in the "trailer" is a hint. The series might be full of AKB music as well.

It's a nice shutout from the AKB's side to it longest supporting fans.

As for the dancing sequence, as sa547 said. it still in early stage. I personally like what is there considering the phase.

and really if Akimoto wanted, he can easily get his people to choreography those sequences or even just have them copy AKB seguences outright.

Personally, I'm more worried about those floating platforms. While those things gave it a futuristic look, it takes away one of AKB's selling points in AKB's dances IMO: formation and role switch.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:46   Link #120
sa547
*Author

Digging into some viewer responses... Just happens that an old friend have gone out of limb to clarify:
Quote:
Love Live! is done by SUNRISE while AKB0048 is done by Satelight, so most likely the animators are different.
I think it is understandable that people will think of IdolM@ster while they look at AKB0048 - both feature prominently a large idol group. Rena (Matsui) was particularly concerned about the dance animation and she brought a point of view from her idol experience: an all CGI animation may not look realistic enough - and she is known as a big IM@S fan :-)
Quote:
If you do not become more natural movement of the step of character but IM@S will not be exceeded!
Any input really helps.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-14 at 19:59.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime