AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 18:24   Link #2381
Casshern

Completely incoherent to me. Didn't understand a damn thing.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:43   Link #2382
ellifeedn
Thinker

... Does this mean he's a character from One Piece?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:44   Link #2383
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I stand corrected seems like MS picked it up again finally lol.
Spoiler for Chapter 218:

Last edited by King Lycan; 2012-12-29 at 19:36.
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:04   Link #2384
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I stand corrected seems like MS picked it up again finally lol.
Spoiler for Chapter 218:

But to bad there won't be a chapter next month
Spoiler for response and chapter 218:
Old 2012-12-29, 19:37   Link #2385
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Spoiler for response and chapter 218:
The whole thing is kinda confusing really
Old 2012-12-29, 19:50   Link #2386
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
The whole thing is kinda confusing really
same here, now I don't know who is who
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:04   Link #2387
Richocet
Lover of Purity

This is getting hard to understand but Earl blames Mana for taking Nea away from him. And Mana's mother was killed presumably by Earl making Mana go mad and Nea hate Earl which in turn made Earl hate Mana even more...am I getting this right?
Old 2012-12-29, 22:54   Link #2388
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

so i am guessing that is the real appearance of the Earl, but he really is more wierd than ever, never seen him driven like this by emotions before, looks like Nea and Earl were together in some way and Mana is responsible for something horrible
but i am still confused about the relation and connection between Earl, Nea and Mana

atleast we now know that the memory is awakened inside allen and probably in the next chapter we will get a clear explanation of things
and Allen looks a bit older know, older than how he was at the begining
Old 2012-12-29, 23:14   Link #2389
Miraluka
Banned

So, I have the feeling that because Mana was the human brother of Nea, the 14th Noah, the Earl and the clan just decided to make Nea's to kill his own human family to force him to reject his humanity and fully become a Noah. Rremember what Cross said to Allen? That the moment he kills a beloved person he becomes a Noah?

There is also the part where Road is holding Mana, so I guess there was also a fight between brothers who happened to be after the same girl. Road liked Nea but Nea was jealous of her close friendship with Mana thus his mad jealous face. Or...

I wouldn't be suprised if...
- The Earl used this to make Nea try to kill Mana.
- Road knew this and stopped him.
- Earl got pissed and killed Nea's mother.
- Nea got pissed and went against the Earl and the Noah.
- Earl unwillingly killed Nea, and thats why he was feeling sorry when he looked at Mana holding a dying Nea.
- Earl got a trauma by killing his own Noah blood.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:17   Link #2390
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
same here, now I don't know who is who
Soo am I.

From the looks of it Earl killed Mana D Campbell who was the mother of Mana and Nea. Why Earl killed Mana D Campbell we just have to think of a reason until the next chapter is out. I'm saying it got something to do with the Noah's. Why I say this is because pages 12 and 13 Mana who is the guy with black long hair (c166p11 kid form - c212p9,10,11 adult form) is holding Nea who may have died and is crying and saying sorry to him and looking back saying "please stop already" which went well with Johnny saying "Earl" while both where looking back with a scared look on their face like the one Mana had on that same page 13. So they where probably fighting each other or someone else before Mana D Campbell's death or something may have happened at that time for Nea to be in that state.
Why I say someone else is because on pages 17 we see an man with a goatee and long light hair who I think we have never seen before looking all angry this may well be Earl. Also that noah we see on page 16 holding Mana really looks like Road and is looking up angrily at someone who most likely is the short hair guy who is shaded out on page 17. Also take into account that may well be Nea as he also has shorted hair. Then we are shown the last part which could well be before or after the Mana holding Nea part showing us Mana crying in the cornfield looking at Clown Earl standing near Mana D campbell died body on a tree blaming her for everything.

Also Earl is in a clown suit as it opened and closes a few times . Soo does that mean he has 2 different personalty in him? Himself and then the Clown as in pages 7,9,10,11,12,13,14 and 15 the clown suit is opened and we see Earl face on pages 10 & 15 he is crying so we can assume that when he says Nea on page 10 it would have had sad tone to it as he is recalling a painful memory or it may well be his joy and saddening at the same time. But his crying quickly changes to what I think would be angry and also shock. Pages 11 and 12 to me shows Earl face in a shock form after seeing the risk and wiliness of Johnny saving Allan. This could well tie to his memory showing Mana holding Nea was on page 12 & 13 so it could well say Mana was unable to save Nea and thus Mana says sorry to him and saying "Please stop already" to Earl. On pages 13 we see Clown Earl face all shaded out and saying "Who are you". But then we are shown shots of Earl face and then eyes on the same page going from shock to then anger to very angry. The anger to me is shown in the form of the eye veins and further confirms this on pages 14 when Earl is shouting at johnny "Who Are You". Again we are only shown the right side of his face and also the shaded dark Clown Earl face. Page 15 we see Earl crying again but also this time the other side of his face notice that the left side has no eye its just blank. Most likely lost that eye in his fight with Nea as he also didn't have his left eye c203p1.

On pages 1,2,4,5,6,7,14,15,16,17 (Maybe),18,20. We see Clown Earl. His speech is far different then his human form. This is shown with the little heart under each of Clown Earl talking. What I find strange about this form is that he does not seem like the normal clown Earl we are use to. He ask Allen/Nea "Why is he running away from him and why doesn't Nea recognize him." To me this could well mean that Earl was some one that Nea, Mana and their mother knew. What I also find strange is that when Allen and Earl memory sync (page 15) why did it show Clown Earls face instead of his Human face and also would that little white dot inside Clown Earl's month be human Earl's' eye? The sync is also shown on page 16 but this time with his Heart speech and clown face. On page 18&20 we also see the return of shadow clown earl face. So I am lead to believe that the author has that face to either make that part of the speech more sinister then his heart speech. But what is also interesting is that by page 20 Human Earl has gone back into Clown Earl and again blames Mana. But which Mana? As he only says Mana and then "Mana" in speech marks.

Also anypne know the chapter where we see Nea beaten leaning on a wall with blood spots around the wall and someone saying something to Nea as I was on the page when writing the paragraph it but at the time hold no info to me but now I can't find it
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:50   Link #2391
GDB

Earl was crazy as hell this chapter. If we hadn't seen him as a normal looking human and transform like all the other Noah, I'd think he was some sort of Gundam!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:34   Link #2392
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post

Also anypne know the chapter where we see Nea beaten leaning on a wall with blood spots around the wall and someone saying something to Nea as I was on the page when writing the paragraph it but at the time hold no info to me but now I can't find it
That would be chapter 215.
Old 2012-12-30, 06:25   Link #2393
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

At this point in the manga, I've become so confused it feels like whenever I'm reading a chapter I'm just going over the pictures and gathering any bits of the story I actually understand. So to be sure, was the scene where road had that body/person in her arms a flashback? And who exactly was that? Finally, who was the guy that seemed mad as hell?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 06:28   Link #2394
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Completely incoherent to me. Didn't understand a damn thing.
Pretty much this

Let's see... the earl had something to do with Mana's mother and somehow has a grudge against him? I still don't see the connection why he's trying to kill Allen now though.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:19   Link #2395
andrewsch5658
*Author

Chapter 218

This chapter makes me LOL for the 1st half of the chapter and make my mind confused after reading the second half of the chapter.

The first half basically the EARL loses himself and went rampage on Allen (or Nea in Earl's point of view). Earl using Balloon to attack Allen!!! That's quite epic!!!xD
Allen stating the Earl's behaviour and the science division invention still hunts him really makes me LOL!
A few action scene which is quite fast and cool.
I'm quite shock in the second half of the chapter.
1. the Earl actually forgot who Mana is, I guess that's why Mana still can survive 30+ years.
2. Allen and Earl fuses together
3. The person Road's holding. Some people here and other website say its mana but I'm not sure about it and I do not think so as the person looks like a lady from that panel.
4. The person spying behind the door. Someone here mentioned its Bookman which I think its probably the case because he did had a Bookman stare IMO and its 35 years ago.
5. Earl saying "Mana D Campbell", does it mean Mana's true name is Mana D Campbell since Mana and Nea are in Campbell family stated in chp 214. But that's also the page which I loved the most in this chapter.

Some people here and other website says Allen does not lool like Allen but I'm not sure about it and I think its still Allen because he seems like he does not understand the flashback. If its Nea, he most likely knows it.
And the last page, Earl finally remember Mana. Also some people here and other website says the Earl calling Allen 'Mana' but I do not that's the case as the Earl just remember who Mana is since he forgotten Mana.

In all, a short but awesome chapter. This chapter gives me a teaser trailer feel chapter where it give a few flashback to peek readers interest
Old 2012-12-30, 08:21   Link #2396
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i think this goes without saying that this is the most complicated shounen series i have ever seen
Old 2012-12-30, 09:57   Link #2397
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So...the one Road was holding is Mana? And the dark figure is Nea or the Earl?
Old 2012-12-30, 10:40   Link #2398
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Some chapters ago when Allen accidentally summoned Akumas we saw a guy appearing to be young Mana. He was crying at Allen and said "You must hate me Nea, right?" I guess Mana did something terrible to Nea.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2012-12-30 at 12:04.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 11:44   Link #2399
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Chapter 218
1. the Earl actually forgot who Mana is, I guess that's why Mana still can survive 30+ years.
2. Allen and Earl fuses together
3. The person Road's holding. Some people here and other website say its mana but I'm not sure about it and I do not think so as the person looks like a lady from that panel.
4. The person spying behind the door. Someone here mentioned its Bookman which I think its probably the case because he did had a Bookman stare IMO and its 35 years ago.
5. Earl saying "Mana D Campbell", does it mean Mana's true name is Mana D Campbell since Mana and Nea are in Campbell family stated in chp 214. But that's also the page which I loved the most in this chapter.

Some people here and other website says Allen does not lool like Allen but I'm not sure about it and I think its still Allen because he seems like he does not understand the flashback. If its Nea, he most likely knows it.
And the last page, Earl finally remember Mana. Also some people here and other website says the Earl calling Allen 'Mana' but I do not that's the case as the Earl just remember who Mana is since he forgotten Mana.
1. The fight with Nea could have have coursed him to have memory lose and only started to remember when Allen was turning into the 14th.
2. It didn't look like they fused it more looked like his memorys sync with Allens.
3. I also thought that but stuck with Mana as it seem to most fitting or it could well be Nea and Mana's mother.
4. Didn't think it could be bookman. I was thinking it was Earl or their Nea & Mana uncle who could be the Earl. They also had a beard which looks like the Human Earls beard.
5. I agree that it could well be Mana full name or he could have been referring to Nea and Mana mother.

I agree that the last 2 page was clearly Allen body but with Nea taking control because of the whole shouting Mana's name and then his mother and then Mana name and showing his picture. I also found that strange why would Earl call Allen "Mana". Could this well have something to do with Mana giving the Allen his scar? As it could have been a way to stop Allen from turning into the 14th or stopping his memories from coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
That would be chapter 215.
Thank you. So that chapter and the current one pretty much says that Allen has none of Nea's memories and seeing how he is turning into the 14th one would assume the Noah's memorys would also start to come into his head. As so far we have only had one or two of Nea's memorties/ dreams. I wonder who is the person that holds Nea's memories? Which seem to be the key to something in regards to the other Noah's. Also I going to assume that that memory would have been when Nea was fighing Earl and the rest of the Noah's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
At this point in the manga, I've become so confused it feels like whenever I'm reading a chapter I'm just going over the pictures and gathering any bits of the story I actually understand. So to be sure, was the scene where road had that body/person in her arms a flashback? And who exactly was that? Finally, who was the guy that seemed mad as hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So...the one Road was holding is Mana? And the dark figure is Nea or the Earl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Some chapters ago when Allen accidentally summoned we saw a guy appearing to be young Mana. He was crying at Allen and said "You must hate me Nea, right?" I guess Mana did something terrible to Nea.
Didn't anyone read what I had said? The guy with the long back hair was MANA. If you want some kind of confirmation then my last comment would have the chapter and pages. The memories that are shown in chapter 218 was most likely of the Earl's and not of Nea. Because if it was Nea then why would it show the cornfield. The dark figure could well be Nea when he had been turned into a Noah. Thus it could be why it was shaded out and Road being there holding Mana. Or that part could well have been Nea already a Noah and killed all the other Noahs other then Road and Earl and the reason why Road was holding onto Mana like that was because she didn't want Nea to kill Mana. But instead of Killing Mana he takes him away and goes on the run as it has been said that what had happened when Nea killing the other Noah.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 12:34   Link #2400
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Didn't anyone read what I had said? The guy with the long back hair was MANA. If you want some kind of confirmation then my last comment would have the chapter and pages. The memories that are shown in chapter 218 was most likely of the Earl's and not of Nea. Because if it was Nea then why would it show the cornfield. The dark figure could well be Nea when he had been turned into a Noah. Thus it could be why it was shaded out and Road being there holding Mana. Or that part could well have been Nea already a Noah and killed all the other Noahs other then Road and Earl and the reason why Road was holding onto Mana like that was because she didn't want Nea to kill Mana. But instead of Killing Mana he takes him away and goes on the run as it has been said that what had happened when Nea killing the other Noah.
Now everything makes more sense, thanks. So I think the Earl in the past considered Mana to be the reason Nea was acting a bit strange, so the earl killed Mana and Nea's mother, which caused Nea to kill all the noahs (except road and the earl) and take Mana and escape. So basically the Earl blames Mana for the previous Noah's death and Nea's betrayal as well.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural