AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 13:16   Link #1
Kirayuki

[WII U] Xenoblade Chronicles X

From Monolith Soft (the team who made Xenoblade)
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201301/23027682.html

> Music by Sawano Hiroyuki
> Gears/Mechs are back

I'm sold....will have to get Wii U sometimes in the future.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:27   Link #2
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Oh my...

Ok the Wii U just got a lot more attractive.
I knew I wanted to get it as soon more games would come out.... but this...! ... want...
Old 2013-01-23, 13:56   Link #3
Sides

Why, I wasn't planning to get any consoles in the future, because handhelds and PC pretty much covers most things these day.
But todays ND kind of change my mind, especially this game and The Wind Waker. After xenoblade, i don't think i can avoid this game. I just hope we won't see a big localisation gap as with xenoblade.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 18:05   Link #4
Elestia

Combat system seems to be an evolved version of what they had in Xenoblade. Definitely one to watch out for in the future.
Old 2013-01-23, 21:06   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Dude just hopped in his mech and took off! It really does have a Xenogears feel when I saw that. **** IT NINTENDO! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 21:27   Link #6
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Dude just hopped in his mech and took off!
This part right here. This is when I knew I had to get this game.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 23:56   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So Xenoblade and this are confirmed to be part of the Xenogears/Xenosaga universe? I heard the speculation, but never any confirmation.

And.....I need to find a copy of Xenoblade. I've heard so many goood things about it but I can't find a copy anywhere.
Old 2013-01-24, 00:55   Link #8
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So Xenoblade and this are confirmed to be part of the Xenogears/Xenosaga universe? I heard the speculation, but never any confirmation.
I don't know that much about Xenogears/saga but I have played Xenoblade and it's pretty, uh, standalone? As a setting, I mean.
Old 2013-01-24, 01:05   Link #9
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't know that much about Xenogears/saga but I have played Xenoblade and it's pretty, uh, standalone? As a setting, I mean.
All the games have pretty much the same development team, but they're definitely not all part of the same setting - mostly because each Xeno-title is a seperate IP owned by different companies. Xenogears belongs to Square, Xenosaga belongs to Namco, and Xenoblade belongs to Nintendo. There's a bunch of fanservicey mentions of old characters and stuff in the games, but nothing really beyond that as far as I am aware.

Two things to note about this video. First, you can see the robots are called 'Dolls' and they have a limited amount of fuel that is constantly draining. Second, there appears to be an online chat function built into the game, my personal guess would be the game now has a co-op function in addition to relying on the AI party members of the previous title.
Old 2013-01-24, 01:19   Link #10
TJR

Xenoblade was originally announced with a different title (Monado). However, Nintendo eventually requested a name change for marketing reasons.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 01:27   Link #11
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
my personal guess would be the game now has a co-op function in addition to relying on the AI party members of the previous title.
Or, more likely, this game is an online RPG of some sort, probably with an offline mode. Xenoblade played a lot like an MMO anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Xenoblade was originally announced with a different title (Monado). However, Nintendo eventually requested a name change for marketing reasons.
They're certainly playing up the Xeno- aspects here with the robots and the big red X, though.
Old 2013-01-24, 06:12   Link #12
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They're certainly playing up the Xeno- aspects here with the robots and the big red X, though.
Think Xeno- brand is pretty much associated with Monolith Soft with the gaming crowd these days. At the moment it seems that anything with Xeno- in its title coming from monolith soft indicates that it is probably their current flagship project.
IIRC the other team have 3DS game in works, which is probably a new IP or a surprise sequel for a forgotten series.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 10:32   Link #13
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Would of been sold just based on that trailer alone but it has to be for Wii U. Had no interest in that system until now...

It has that Xenoblade system which I quite enjoyed but looks even better. Then they top it up by adding a mecha.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 11:29   Link #14
EmagEvil

Wow... Just wow... I didn't expect such caliber on the Wii U!

... But it's still only a PV, need to watch the beast when it's finished!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:12   Link #15
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Combat system seems to be an evolved version of what they had in Xenoblade. Definitely one to watch out for in the future.
It better be as I'm getting tired of Auto-attack and A.I companions. I hope pacing is more natural this time around too Xenoblade really dragged at points.

Otherwise, CONTROLLABLE MECHS.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 23:29   Link #16
Vicious108

Looks interesting gameplay-wise, but I need to know who's behind the script first. Hopefully it'll be Tetsuya Takahashi himself and without Yuichiro Takeda's interference this time, and hopefully he'll step up his game from Xenoblade's cookie cutter storyline and bring back the ambitious scope of his former works. Doubtful, though, given his most recent interviews.

Quote:
Xenosaga was basically a reboot of the Xenogears universe. But while Xenogears covered Episode V of said universe's history (revealed in the ending of the game), Xenosaga covered Episode I and II (yes, not III, according to the original plan). So they're definitely spiritually connected and possess a lot of the same motifs, themes, plot points and even characters.

Xenoblade, however, had absolutely nothing to do with the other two. It was a complete departure from the style, tone, priorities, themes and artistic aspirations of Gears and Saga and should never be mentioned in the same breath as those two. Really, the Xeno prefix was just fanservice/a marketing ploy, as its real name is "Monado", as it was originally released in Japan.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 00:41   Link #17
Rayneing
Trombe!

Er, the game was not originally released as Monado in Japan, it was released over there with the title of Xenoblade as well. Monado was the original name for the game while it was still in production, and during the initial announcements, but it got changed to Xenoblade before it was released anywhere.
Old 2013-01-25, 00:53   Link #18
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Er, the game was not originally released as Monado in Japan, it was released over there with the title of Xenoblade as well. Monado was the original name for the game while it was still in production, and during the initial announcements, but it got changed to Xenoblade before it was released anywhere.
Right, I was confusing the events due to the title change of "Xenoblade" (JPN release) to "Xenoblade Chronicles" (NTSC/PAL release). Still, it was called "Monado: Beginning of the World" until very late into its development, so the point still stands that it was never intended to be a real part of the Xenoverse.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 08:46   Link #19
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Eager to see how they tie in the story to the first game which seemed to end with a sense of finality to me.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 11:39   Link #20
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:

And.....I need to find a copy of Xenoblade. I've heard so many goood things about it but I can't find a copy anywhere.
Are you in North America or Europe? If you're in North America you should have pre-ordered as it was a GameStop exclusive and the remaining copies are very expensive. If you're in Europe there are still plenty of shops that have the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Looks interesting gameplay-wise, but I need to know who's behind the script first. Hopefully it'll be Tetsuya Takahashi himself and without Yuichiro Takeda's interference this time, and hopefully he'll step up his game from Xenoblade's cookie cutter storyline and bring back the ambitious scope of his former works. Doubtful, though, given his most recent interviews.
Did we play the same game? Xenoblade's story is anything but cookie cutter and it was tasteful in contrast to Xenosaga. Nintendo did a good job of doing QA for it.