AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-18, 15:58   Link #3841
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
That's why I mentioned the multiplication table. You don't have to think on the answer -- it just comes out.

Like asking 10 x 10 = as a question. You should immediately know the answer without even thinking about it.
Just adding the fact why Japan Military don't like is cuz seem unethical the part when as previous requirement to use the Flash Cast, the User need to receive a "Mental surgery" or better said: implant directly in the mind of the user the flash cast formula for the specific spell, as was said before, each magic formula or spell are literally different, even the same magic, same CAD, same User could differ in the activation codes according the programmer, software and hardware or talisman/mediums to summon the desired magic, so you can take Miyuki "cocytus" and with the best by far programmer: Tatsuya, made the spell activation code and all that its put directly in your subconsciousness by another Magician, this last part its the issue why Japan Military don't like it.

Tatsuya is whole different case, cuz he just need to see the magic to modeling the activation code in order to use flash cast, without needing that "surgery".
Old 2013-03-18, 17:01   Link #3842
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
can someone tell me what flash cast actually does? i know that it skips magic processes but since it was a failure why does the military fear tatsuya using it so much because he cant even use magic that well
Adding on to the previous explanations, the reason why it is imperative that Tatsuya no use Flash Cast too much is because any decent magician can deduce that he used Flash Cast were he to ever use it. Flash Cast enables Tatsuya to cast any spell under five steps in an instant without a CAD, which is impossible for regular mages. If Tatsuya were to ever use Flash Cast in public, he would be exposed immediately.

Decomposition is a systematic magic consisting of
Quote:
It was a combination of "Gather", "Disperse", "Absorb", and "Release", but to be honest, "Release" probably made up the highest percentage.
That's five steps. So yeah. It's likely Flash Cast can be used with Decomposition. I have no idea if Regrowth could even be broken up into steps.
Old 2013-03-18, 19:55   Link #3843
waffler

could tatsuya use decomposition without a cad before he got flash cast?
Old 2013-03-18, 20:05   Link #3844
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
could tatsuya use decomposition without a cad before he got flash cast?
That's the whole point of what a BS Magician (in ALL of its meanings) is.

He uses Mist Dispersal with no CADs in the flashback chapter as well, on the two torpedoes.
Old 2013-03-18, 20:56   Link #3845
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Adding on to the previous explanations, the reason why it is imperative that Tatsuya no use Flash Cast too much is because any decent magician can deduce that he used Flash Cast were he to ever use it. Flash Cast enables Tatsuya to cast any spell under five steps in an instant without a CAD, which is impossible for regular mages. If Tatsuya were to ever use Flash Cast in public, he would be exposed immediately.

Decomposition is a systematic magic consisting of

That's five steps. So yeah. It's likely Flash Cast can be used with Decomposition. I have no idea if Regrowth could even be broken up into steps.
Just because is made of those categories does it mean it only has five process.
Old 2013-03-18, 22:47   Link #3846
bloodyclaws

illogical. That's the point of having specialized magic where your entire magical processing area is entirely devoted to making everything else moot. If it did not have immense data and processes then it would not be considered so unique nor would tats be considered a fake magician.
Quote:
Onii-sama was constructing a vast Psion Information Aide capable of holding unbelievable amounts of data.
it is shown here that his restoration indeed contains vast amounts of data. (which makes sense considering what it does) It does not say "processes", but dont take every word so literally as it is exactly as it tells you. Theres no ulterior meaning.

"Gather", "Disperse", "Absorb", and "Release" are categories of modern magic, not processes.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:13   Link #3847
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
illogical. That's the point of having specialized magic where your entire magical processing area is entirely devoted to making everything else moot. If it did not have immense data and processes then it would not be considered so unique nor would tats be considered a fake magician.

it is shown here that his restoration indeed contains vast amounts of data. (which makes sense considering what it does) It does not say "processes", but dont take every word so literally as it is exactly as it tells you. Theres no ulterior meaning.

"Gather", "Disperse", "Absorb", and "Release" are categories of modern magic, not processes.
They are, but the process of increasing or decreasing them is a "process" or "step" in itself. Refer to chapter 15 of the manga where he explains to Mizuki.

EDIT: YAY! Good news and bad news. The good news is that Dreyakis is translating again. The bad news is that he's translating the second short story in volume 5. Why is that bad? It's the one featuring d-bag Morisaki! Well, we were going to have to swallow this sooner or later so let's just savor the irony in the fact that the girl he rescues is
Spoiler for Identity:

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-03-19 at 17:33.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:13   Link #3848
babbo3d

Quote:
They are, but the process of increasing or decreasing them is a "process" or "step" in itself. Refer to chapter 15 of the manga where he explains to Mizuki.

EDIT: YAY! Good news and bad news. The good news is that Dreyakis is translating again. The bad news is that he's translating the second short story in volume 5. Why is that bad? It's the one featuring d-bag Morisaki! Well, we were going to have to swallow this sooner or later so let's just savor the irony in the fact that the girl he rescues is
Spoiler for Identity:
wasn't she his adoptive daughter.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:55   Link #3849
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
wasn't she his adoptive daughter.
Daughter, but I'm not sure she's adopted.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:35   Link #3850
willx
Nyaaan~~

Aw, poor Morisaki's gets no love..
Old 2013-03-21, 20:49   Link #3851
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Aw, poor Morisaki's gets no love..
If you're talking plot-wise, then he probably started something with the girl he rescued. If you mean from us, the reread the first chapters of the novel and both manga series. Then get back to us.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:55   Link #3852
babbo3d

Quote:
If you're talking plot-wise, then he probably started something with the girl he rescued. If you mean from us, the reread the first chapters of the novel and both manga series. Then get back to us.
I'm sure that's impossible since she went back to china to be the next head.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:15   Link #3853
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Yeah, I have read the first chapters and I still don't hate him or think he's a d-bag. How many of you people still hate Hattori? Morisaki just gets no screen time to "admit that Tatsuya is strong" so people are still irritated and huffy that he was being so arrogant. I'm actually curious about whether this chapter highlights how he's changed since the 9-schools competition.

Geez, he's a 16 year old boy who's near the top of his class .. do people not expect him to be arrogant?
Old 2013-03-21, 21:48   Link #3854
Chimurry

Quote:
Yeah, I have read the first chapters and I still don't hate him or think he's a d-bag. How many of you people still hate Hattori? Morisaki just gets no screen time to "admit that Tatsuya is strong" so people are still irritated and huffy that he was being so arrogant. I'm actually curious about whether this chapter highlights how he's changed since the 9-schools competition.

Geez, he's a 16 year old boy who's near the top of his class .. do people not expect him to be arrogant?

Well, I am sure this can be use in the main plot in the future, or not?
I will like to see the 2096 9th Schools Competitions, Whom will be the representatives for Monolith Code??

BTW: Theres someone playing with tags??, somebody wrote: "harem".
Old 2013-03-21, 22:03   Link #3855
Seitsuki
Onee!

HERESY

In the name of the God Empress of Mankind..
Old 2013-03-21, 22:09   Link #3856
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
HERESY

In the name of the God Empress of Mankind..
Is it the harem part because you like Miyuki or do you also think Morisaki is a D-bag.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:36   Link #3857
waffler

miyuki is my wife
Old 2013-03-22, 02:04   Link #3858
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:

It is to be expected, but still that doesn't make me feel less pissed off.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:37   Link #3859
fujin of shadows

We have a slow week.........
Old 2013-03-22, 09:57   Link #3860
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
We have a slow week.........
Because we have nothing to fight over.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings